Tactical Solutions .22 Conversion [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Solutions .22 Conversion

fusegsp
09-11-2012, 18:33
Do any of you guys have the Tactical solutions .22 conversion for your 1911's? I have one and I have a problem. The slide won't lock back after the last round is fired with either the TacSol mag or the Kimber mags I have. I'm not too keen on using it in this condition because of the whole "letting the slide slam home on an empty chamber" thing. I guess I could load a snap cap into the mag before any live ammo so it gets chambered at the end of the magazine, but that is kind of a pain. I shouldn't have to do that with something that cost this much. I'm calling Tactical Solutions tomorrow to see what they say, but I figured I'd check here in the meantime. Anybody have one with this problem?

B.Reid
09-13-2012, 09:16
So what did TS say?

fusegsp
09-13-2012, 17:33
I should be hearing from them shortly. Their site says they respond to questions within two days. I'll let you know what I find out.

fusegsp
09-14-2012, 14:39
Well, I got an e-mail from Colt at Tactical Solutions today. He said that my problem is pretty common. He said the plunger spring holding the slide stop is too strong and the magazine spring doesn't have enough strength to get the slide stop to engage. He said if I polish the slide stop where the plunger touches it until it is barely making contact I should be good to go. I'm going give it a shot sometime this weekend hopefully.

SLO1911Fan
09-14-2012, 20:45
as far as i know kimber mags don't have the ability to lock any slide open. You might try advantage arms. I've heard good things about theirs.