primers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : primers

jl_chevy
09-13-2012, 20:00
my 34 likes federal primers could not find any small pistol , so picked up small pistol mag . I have used them before when that was all i had on hand . my load is 4.0gr power pistol and black bullets internnational 147 gr with small pistol & 3.8gr with mag primers . Looking to see what other think about this . Thanks

F106 Fan
09-16-2012, 16:35
I'm not much of a fan of the idea of using magnum primers for standard loads. I really try to follow the directions.

It's true that Federal SPP are out of stock at Powder Valley but the Federal Match SPP are in stock and only $4 more per 1000.

I would just order a few thousand match primers and not worry about the $20. In the bigger scheme of things, $20 just isn't important.

Richard

shotgunred
09-16-2012, 17:22
I use magnum small primers all the time for "normal loads". I never run the ragged edge so it has never been a problem. If I was close to or at the top end of a load I would back off and work my way back up.

By all the time I mean that is all I have used for the last 3 years. What can I tell you I got a great deal and bought lots!

A lot of competition shooter over at BE do the same thing. You will find a lot more information on it over there than you will here.