Another 'dumb dog' story. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another 'dumb dog' story.

mhambi
09-14-2012, 14:18
From this morning.

So I wake up this morning and I'm getting ready for the day. Nia, the 9 month old boxer/terrier/ridgeback mix wakes up and wants to go out to relieve herself. It's dark and I step out on the deck with her (in my skivvies, one of the perks of living in the sticks). So she goes up to her designated spot and does her business. Then she thinks she hears something and runs off into the bushes to investigate. Not an uncommon occurance. It's usually one of the cats.

After a minute or two of crashing around in the bushes, she comes barreling back to the deck... with an irate doe hot on her heels. That's right, the deer is chasing my dog. I'm standing there in my underwears wondering what I'm gonna do when the angry mama deer follows my stupid dog up onto the deck. A little shout and some arm waving scared the deer off.

Nia clears the 3 steps up to the deck at a dead run, does a 20 foot power slide, and sits down at the door whining to go in.

I'm guessing she got between the doe and her baby, but man, that deer was going to mess her up! :rofl:

:dog:

Glad it wasn't a mountain lion. :faint:

Your dog ever bite off more than he could chew?

smokin762
09-14-2012, 14:46
:rofl::rofl:

Me, I have nothing. :supergrin:

Rotn1
09-14-2012, 14:59
Not quite as bad as yours.
Big male Rott running off leash in an Illinois forest preserve.
See's a big buck and the chase is on. (Not something I encourage).
Unfortunately, Mr. Buck quickly tired of the game, turns and put his head down and charges. My dog can not not run fast enough back to me with Mr. Buck in hot pursuit.
Buck stopped just in time. I never let that happen again.

Breadman03
09-14-2012, 15:29
Mine isn't terribly funny, but still puzzles me.

I had two dogs as a kid. They would go into the woods and chase a skunk around constantly. Then, the skunk would chase them. This would go on for 15-20 minutes a few times a month.

I can only assume they were friends as my dogs never got sprayed.

aircarver
09-14-2012, 15:56
Sandy (sheltie collie) was very territorial and went out to chase a raccoon away from the trash cans. Came back with a three claw strake across her muzzle... Decided the trash cans weren't her jurisdiction anymore ... :supergrin:

aircarver
09-14-2012, 15:59
I can only assume they were friends as my dogs never got sprayed.

Certainly sounds like the behavior of my dawgs, who take turns chasing each other ... :rofl:

Batesmotel
09-14-2012, 16:41
I had a cocker that could unlock a door. My beagle, no so smart. He is the sweetest dog I could ever want but he is STUPID. He can't get out of my room when the door is open about two inches.

He sticks his nose in the opening and pushes forward. Closing the door on his nose as he pushes. Any other dog could open the door with a nose or paw and walk through. Not him. He just pushes, pinches his nose, yelps and sits down and waits for me to open it for him. :faint:

mhambi
10-25-2012, 14:03
So today was round 2. Broad daylight. Nia goes out to chase 6-10 deer.

One decides to chase back. Actually made contact and knocked her over. Nia decided 'chase time' was over.

She's young, but she's turning into a large, powerful dog (boxer/terrier/ridgeback mix)... not exactly they type I'd expect to get roughed up by a deer... but man, these deer gangs are turning mean!

:rofl:

aircarver
10-25-2012, 14:57
I had a cocker that could unlock a door. My beagle, no so smart. He is the sweetest dog I could ever want but he is STUPID. He can't get out of my room when the door is open about two inches.

He sticks his nose in the opening and pushes forward. Closing the door on his nose as he pushes. Any other dog could open the door with a nose or paw and walk through. Not him. He just pushes, pinches his nose, yelps and sits down and waits for me to open it for him. :faint:
Similar door story. Sandy could ask to have a door opened, but that got tedious so I figured I'd teach her to open a door that opened inward. So I'd leave the door unlatched about a half inch open so she could hook a claw on the edge and pull it open.

There I was on the floor, feeling silly demonstrating to the dog how to hook the door open. She sat there looking at me like she didn't understand. Eventually I gave it up and sat down to read.

Sandy noticed a squirrel out the window, ran to the door and hooked it open, and slid through and was gone..... without breaking stride. ... :wow:

She got it the first time. Sitting and looking at me was just playing with me ....:rofl: