New Stainless Mil-Spec NM- [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Stainless Mil-Spec NM-

brokenprism
09-14-2012, 22:13
I popped into my LGS today to get two boxes of Federal white box .40 (at $15 a box. Swinging price!) I was gearing up to buy a Glock 23 to back up my Glock 22. I have about 600 rds of .40.

But I also have 750 rds of .45, and no .45 to shoot it in. While the owner was looking up the price on the 23, I noticed a stainless Mil Spec and I asked to look at it. I've had a few of these, and more than a few blued SA 1911s, and they've always been great buys and accurate shooters. The last one I had was as tight as a sewing machine and easily clustered cloverleafs for me. The Mil Spec I saw today -- like my last -- is marked NM-[Serial Number], and GENESEO IL (vs IMBEL BRAZIL), so Ibought it. It too is as tight as a drum. They shoot in, and I've never had a failure to feed or eject.

I felt a little guilty, since I like high capacity Glocks and have full confidence in Federal HST 180 gr, but I always enjoy a good 1911. I shoot the 1911 and the Glock equally well.

To be honest, I sort of feel like we're racing the clock against real tyrrany, so I want more than one gun. If I scoop up a G23, I'll be happy, but 7-rd .45s have been getting the job done for over a hundred years and I don't regret the decision. Now, I need a good 12 gauge.

redbrd
09-14-2012, 22:37
I bought a 1911 last week... you will need to post a pic (trust me). Congrats on the 1911 they are a a lot of fun on the range.
I really love my glocks, but the 1911 is a lot of fun to shoot.

brokenprism
09-14-2012, 23:00
Haven't taken possession yet, but I'll have her next week and get some pics up.

silversport
09-15-2012, 05:17
this to hold you over til yours arrived (it always helps me during the wait :D)...my NM serial'd, slightly modified Springfield Mil Spec...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/silversport1/P1000072.jpg

Bill

Jager247
09-15-2012, 06:17
I own 3 springfields. All shoot great. In joy

okie
09-15-2012, 06:39
Many congrats my friend:thumbsup:

brokenprism
09-15-2012, 15:55
this to hold you over til yours arrived (it always helps me during the wait :D)...my NM serial'd, slightly modified Springfield Mil Spec...
Bill

Thanks Bill! I mod my SAs too. Ed Brown arched mainspring housing at a minimum (to dump the lock), a hammer and sear set if I can afford it. Maybe Wolff springs, for no particular reason. And those Asian hardwood grips with crossed cannons are the first thing off. I prefer plain walnut. I even prefer the black plastic checkered grips that come with the gun.