Range Report G19/G26 Gen4 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Range Report G19/G26 Gen4

FrankZ
09-15-2012, 12:43
We both got a chance to go out shooting this morning.

This was her first time shooting her G26. She put the magazine in, slid the slide forward and it didn't close all the way. The second time she was fine, I do keep pointing out there is no need to baby the slide, let 'er rip.

She had one piece of brass come back and almost go down her shirt but everything else went sideways where it should. She only shot 30 rounds through it as she was getting tired.

I had a couple pieces of brass land on the brim of my hat out of 110 rounds.

She shot 10 rounds on the G19 and decided she is happier with the size and feel of the G26.

We are just getting into pistol shooting, though we have done it a couple times in the past. I did find it interesting I was more on target and had a better group shooting one handed quickly than slow two handed shooting.

So far we are happy with the guns.

Beanie-Bean
09-15-2012, 18:45
Congrats on yours, and thanks for the report. Gotta love the 9X19 lineup!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/Beanie-Bean/Glock/IMG_8676.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/Beanie-Bean/Glock/IMG_8675.jpg

dimitrir
09-15-2012, 18:54
yup

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8290/7748046268_2b66669f96_b.jpg

;-)

FrankZ
09-15-2012, 20:20
So now yer just showing off... :supergrin:

bac1023
09-15-2012, 23:38
We both got a chance to go out shooting this morning.

This was her first time shooting her G26. She put the magazine in, slid the slide forward and it didn't close all the way. The second time she was fine, I do keep pointing out there is no need to baby the slide, let 'er rip.

She had one piece of brass come back and almost go down her shirt but everything else went sideways where it should. She only shot 30 rounds through it as she was getting tired.

I had a couple pieces of brass land on the brim of my hat out of 110 rounds.

She shot 10 rounds on the G19 and decided she is happier with the size and feel of the G26.

We are just getting into pistol shooting, though we have done it a couple times in the past. I did find it interesting I was more on target and had a better group shooting one handed quickly than slow two handed shooting.

So far we are happy with the guns.
Congrats

Glad to hear

larson1122
09-16-2012, 01:59
Sounds like a fun time, glad you both are enjoying the new guns together!

happyguy
09-16-2012, 06:51
Learned early on in the military to button the top button of my fatigue shirt when at the range.

Regards,
Happyguy:)

FrankZ
11-21-2012, 13:18
I thought I would update this with some of my observations, particuraly since there are some issues that get talked about with the G19 and G26.

When I first started with the G19 I was seeing, maybe, 2 BTF per 100 in the first 400 or so rounds. Since then I have actually learned how to grip the thing correctly and have worked hard on form. The last trip to the range I put 120 though it and did not have a single BTF. The trip before this one I had 1 and I realized I had let my grip slip a bit.

My GF with her G26 was having all sorts of issues the time before as well. Her grip was worse than mine and she had BTF, FTF/FTE too many times. I worked with her on her grip before heading to the range last time and the only time she had anything fling at her was when she let her grip go back to the old way. I was able to get some video of her on a bad one (just happened to film that one shot) and the gun breaks away from her support hand, slips and throws the brass out fine, just so the port is aimed at her at this point.

I am NOT saying anyone else will have the experience we have had. I am up 820 through mine and she has 180 through hers (she tires more quickly and I go more often).

Bruce M
11-21-2012, 13:50
Glad to hear you are satisfied with the guns and having a good time shooting them.