Should I Get the IPhone 4, 4S, 5 or Galaxy III?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Should I Get the IPhone 4, 4S, 5 or Galaxy III??

Nalapombu
09-16-2012, 11:41
Hey all,

I have an IPhone 3G with 8 gigs. When getting on the web it is literally slow as it can be and that is when using WiFi. I can't hardly stand it.

Now that the IPhone 5 has been released AT&T is having a sale on their other IPhones. For instance the plain 4 with 16 gigs is 0.99 cents, the 4S 16 gig is $99 and the 5 16gig is $199. Should I go for the plain 4? Other than Siri what's the difference in the 4S and the 4?

There is one other way I have also thought of and that is the Samsung GalaxyS III. I have handled it and one thing I really like is the BIG SCREEN. It's also a very nice phone that feels good in the hand. I have also read a lot of really great reviews and a lot say they would rather have it than the IPhone. Right now it is $199 and I don't know if it will go down when the IPhone 5 gets going.

What would you get in this situation?

Thanks for the help.

Nalajr

Dragoon189
09-16-2012, 11:44
galaxy 3 is my vote

HexHead
09-16-2012, 11:46
The 4s will be fully supported with the iOS6 upgrade later this week, the 4 won't. It's faster than the 4, has Siri, dictation instead of typing is an option and also has a significantly better camera than the 4. It's a great deal for $99.

ViennaGambit
09-16-2012, 11:54
Tagged for interest.

I have the Iphone 4 and am trying to decide between the 5, Galaxy S3, Note 2 (wait until Oct 21)...

I surf A LOT so the draw of the big screen on the Galaxy & Note is very very appealing.

Glockdude1
09-16-2012, 12:15
Galaxy Note.

I love mine.

:cool:

TBO
09-16-2012, 12:22
If you're heavily invested in itunes stick with apple.
Otherwise, take a peak at what's been mentioned on the android side.
You'll be happy with any modern smartphone (apple/android).

blastfact
09-16-2012, 13:11
I went from a way over rated 3G to a Infuse4 and not looking back at all. It talks great. And is quite the little computer power house.

Conan1
09-16-2012, 13:58
Is it easier to transfer photos and music from a PC to the Android or the I-phone??? Does anyone know?

686Owner
09-16-2012, 14:03
Is it easier to transfer photos and music from a PC to the Android or the I-phone??? Does anyone know?

With an iPhone, you would sync using iTunes for music. Photos can be synced or you can drag and drop them off of the phone I believe.

Edit: Personally, I use iTunes match and stream my music. My photos go to iCloud so they are downloaded onto my mac automatically.

dsa1115
09-16-2012, 14:04
IPhone 5.

devildog2067
09-16-2012, 14:05

Depends on how you want to define "easier"--it can be done with either.

tongix
09-16-2012, 14:11
Galaxy with that bigger screen is my pick. My eyes are already getting old , i want a bigger one. Korean tech is very good too.

nathanours
09-16-2012, 14:14

Much easier with android. You just plug the phone into the computer via a micro usb cable and it acts just like a jump drive. Just drag and drop whatever you want onto it.

Also, I can easily drag and drop songs right out of iTunes into my Galaxy III, so I'm not sure why the guy above me says to stick with the iPhone if you're heavily invested in iTunes.

My vote is for the Galaxy SIII. Superior in every way to the iphone.

686Owner
09-16-2012, 14:41
Much easier with android. You just plug the phone into the computer via a micro usb cable and it acts just like a jump drive. Just drag and drop whatever you want onto it.

Also, I can easily drag and drop songs right out of iTunes into my Galaxy III, so I'm not sure why the guy above me says to stick with the iPhone if you're heavily invested in iTunes.

I think he meant heavily invested as in he paid money for apps through the iTunes AppStore? Not sure.

If you have or are going to get an iPod Touch, iPad or Mac, the iPhone integrates very nicely into the system.

gunslinger3
09-16-2012, 14:43
I went from a way over rated 3G to a Infuse4 and not looking back at all. It talks great. And is quite the little computer power house.

You talk on your phone???? :tongueout:

gunslinger3
09-16-2012, 14:45

I like the fact that the SIII shows up as a drive on my PC. easy as drag and drop book, music, docs......

Much easier for me. Was given an IPad 3 and this is the one thing I hate.

random southpaw
09-16-2012, 16:08
I have had an iphone for years (successive models). My son had previously had an Android phone.

I love the intuitive feel and the stable reliability of the iPhone. Since my son got an iPhone, he tells me that he would never go back to an Android phone.

But Android phones seem to be cheaper and they do offer the latest, greatest features with some regularity.

Depends upon which basket of features provides more satisfaction for you, I guess.

Resqu2
09-16-2012, 16:18
The IPhone 5 will have several improvements over even the 4S, I had a bad experience with Android and just can't even look at them. There is supposedly a Moto coming out sometime that is pure Android, meaning no carrier junk that can't be turned off that I wouldn't mind playing with but I don't think I could ever buy one again.

IPhone 5 is my vote.

thesilverbullet
09-16-2012, 16:23
i would go with the 5.

the battery life for the 4s is crap compaired to the 4 and the 4s is not any faster than the 4. so dont waist your time on the 4s. the 5 will be much much faster than the 4 or 4s.

5>4>4s

JMag
09-16-2012, 16:26
Lots of rebels and trailblazers here on GT. That said, try out a new Windows 8 phone coming in October.

686Owner
09-16-2012, 17:09
i would go with the 5.

the battery life for the 4s is crap compaired to the 4 and the 4s is not any faster than the 4. so dont waist your time on the 4s. the 5 will be much much faster than the 4 or 4s.

5>4>4s

The 4S actually has a better battery than the 4, and they both run on the same OS. While some people were getting bad battery life, no one I know has had any problems with the 4S battery life.

Radam3
09-16-2012, 17:28
I just got the S3 about two weeks ago. Absolutely love it! I've never been an apple fan, and have no desire to ever own ANY of their products, so my opinion may be slightly biased, but my vote is definitely for the S3. One awesome phone.

.264 magnum
09-16-2012, 19:18

Dude you are becoming quite annoying.

If you think drag and drop, texting photos, email photos, wireless synching, wired synching etc. can't be done in ones sleep with an iPhone you are ignorant of the facts.

USMCsilver
09-16-2012, 19:27
Galaxy SIII would have my vote.

I REALLY want one, but I'm not due for an upgrade until next June. :(

By that time, quad-core will be more a norm, and the S3 will be old-tech. Who knows what I'll get in June?

But, for now, if faced w/ any phone on the market, I'd get the S3 (or wait a few more weeks for the Note 2).

Gallium
09-16-2012, 19:40

My andriod phone...I start an app, then enter the URL in the browser on a computer - for example http://192.168.101.141:8080 and all of the following from my phone are available to me from a browser :

address book
text messaging (I can send /receive in the browser via my phone
pictures
music
videos
ringtones
call log
bookmarks

All of which are editable from my browser, no software installation necessary. I can see the 16GB on my phone, as well as the 32GB micro SD card on there as well.

With the app, I can connect a standard USB/USB micro B connector to my desktop for faster data transfers.

USMCsilver
09-16-2012, 19:42
My andriod phone...I start an app...

What app is that? Me likey. :supergrin::wavey:

kswiss2783
09-16-2012, 20:03
I have a GS3 and love it although I am a droid fan so I am biased. The screen is beautiful and large but fits fine in my front pocket.

vote Republican
09-16-2012, 20:10
I have the 4, S has the 4S - she doesn't use Siri very much but the camera is way better, it is definitely faster (dual core CPU I believe).

My feeling is the Apple experience with iOS is just more polished.

Gallium
09-16-2012, 21:25

Kies Air. It came with my phone. If you don't have a Samsung phone...you may be SOL with this particular app.

http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

Gallium
09-16-2012, 21:30
For me a phone is just a tool like my vehicles, my computers, flights I book, USB drives or other hard drives I possess. I don't get hung up on Apple/Mac/*nix/PC. If something works for me, and it is within my budget, that is what I am going to use. Granted, there may be greater tools at a lower price point or that affords higher levels of efficiency than the tool I am using, but I am not always seeking the holy grail - I have set expectations, and know how much tech I need to meet or exceed those expectations.

My next phone is going to be whatever phone does what I need/want to get done at the least overall cost to me (time/money). For example, I already know my next laptop is going to be a DELL laptop, simply because I have 4-6 chargers that are compatible with this brand. This affords me to leave a charger at work, 2x at home (upstairs and downstairs), one in each of two travel bags, and one in the work vehicle (truck has DC>110Vac converter). I use my laptop a lot. Even with a solid 6hrs of run time...it's about 8 hrs short of my fully loaded workday.

Drjones
09-16-2012, 21:41
No point buying old technology, get the 5.

vote Republican
09-17-2012, 06:12
Someone got their hands on an iPhone 5 & ran geekbench. It's being reported as 2x the speed of a 4s, and faster than any Android including the S3:

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/16/iphone-5-benchmarks-appear-in-geekbench-showing-dual-core-1ghz-a6-cpu/

686Owner
09-17-2012, 07:08
Someone got their hands on an iPhone 5 & ran geekbench. It's being reported as 2x the speed of a 4s, and faster than any Android including the S3:

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/16/iphone-5-benchmarks-appear-in-geekbench-showing-dual-core-1ghz-a6-cpu/

I saw that, but I'm gonna wait to see if that pans out. Considering the clock speed of the S3 is like 60% higher and it has twice the RAM, that is pretty impressive. Also, not sure if GeekBench can use all 4 cores, but even the US version of the S3 only has 2 cores anyway.

Drjones
09-17-2012, 09:14
I saw that, but I'm gonna wait to see if that pans out. Considering the clock speed of the S3 is like 60% higher and it has twice the RAM, that is pretty impressive. Also, not sure if GeekBench can use all 4 cores, but even the US version of the S3 only has 2 cores anyway.

Frankly, I think it's irrelevant what specs an android has as the OS itself sucks. I personally don't care for it, and it is objectively nowhere near as smooth, polished and refined as iOS. Every single android I've ever played with just leaves me amazed that people put up with that OS, knowing that there is an iPhone waiting for them....

I was however surprised to see that the iPhone 5 is potentially twice as fast as the 4S....wow....I'm really excited to get it this Friday!!!

Gallium
09-17-2012, 11:02
Frankly, I think it's irrelevant what specs an android has as the OS itself sucks. I personally don't care for it, and it is objectively nowhere near as smooth, polished and refined as iOS. Every single android I've ever played with just leaves me amazed that people put up with that OS, knowing that there is an iPhone waiting for them....

I was however surprised to see that the iPhone 5 is potentially twice as fast as the 4S....wow....I'm really excited to get it this Friday!!!

My experience does not mirror yours. We have multiple IOS and Andriod phones in my work environment. I think maybe you are bringing some bias to the table.

amazon
09-17-2012, 11:12
I didn't have an iPhone until the 3. I was fed up with the others out there (pre droid of course). I have other apple products at home, so staying with an iPhone just makes life/integration easy.

I have a 4, so I'm getting a 5. If I was a PC user, instead of a MBA, I'd look at other options before pulling the trigger on a 5.

That being said...I just want a phone that "works". I don't want to be a software/computer geek to get things to operate the way I want. This could very well be why I finally bought a MBA, and I'm very happy in the land of Apple.

But I'm not your average "fangirl". One size does not fit all. Go out there and play with them and see what works for you.

One nice thing about the iPhone is their resale value - I'm funding my upgrade by selling my 4. Not sure you can say that with other manufacturers, and not sure if it's important to folks. But it's a nice benefit for now.

nathanours
09-17-2012, 11:12
My experience does not mirror yours. We have multiple IOS and Andriod phones in my work environment. I think maybe you are bringing some bias to the table.

I agree. My experience with iOS was one joke after the next. Android has been much better. Also, the fact that iPhones are still stuck with the basic grid layout makes them feel very primitive. I love having great looking widgets and screen transitions on my Galaxy S3, at it feels much more polished than the 4s iPhone does.

Taphius
09-17-2012, 11:27

dooblou wifi file explorer is something similar to that.

Taphius
09-17-2012, 11:32

S3 with jelly bean scored 1781 though, but benchmarks across different os's doesnt meant much.

My Att s3 scored 1571 which isnt too bad.

Either way you wont go wrong with either choice (i5 or SG3)

Slug71
09-17-2012, 11:32
Galaxy S4 will be out in 6 months.

686Owner
09-17-2012, 11:34

My wife's Android does not run very well either. I keep hearing that the new versions of Android are better, but she can't get any of them on her phone (without rooting anyway).

686Owner
09-17-2012, 11:38
S3 with jelly bean scored 1781 though, but benchmarks across different os's doesnt meant much.

My Att s3 scored 1571 which isnt too bad.

Either way you wont go wrong with either choice (i5 or SG3)

Don't they all have Jelly Bean by now? Hasn't it been out for months?

Taphius
09-17-2012, 11:40
Don't they all have Jelly Bean by now? Hasn't it been out for months?

Not the SG3, theres been a few leaked versions but the international version should be getting it in the next few weeks, the U.S. ones will come when the carriers decide to do it...

should try rooting your wifes phone, I find it to be fun :)

Osborne
09-17-2012, 11:41
Galaxy S4 will be out in 6 months.

He might as well wait for the S5 which will be announced two months after the S4. Second thought the S6 which will be announced two months after the S5.....or the S7 which will be announced two months after the S6.

This is why I choose iPhone I kinda like keeping up with the current stuff a tad bit. And with Droids its impossible.

profiler999
09-17-2012, 11:41
Simple... Droid Razr Maxx HD or if you need it now....Droid Razer maxx.

Awesome battery !

Sent by carrier pigeon. Don't look up.

686Owner
09-17-2012, 11:53
Not the SG3, theres been a few leaked versions but the international version should be getting it in the next few weeks, the U.S. ones will come when the carriers decide to do it...

should try rooting your wifes phone, I find it to be fun :)

Not really doing it for fun, doing it because it runs like crap 90% of the time. Just not the same. Seems to be stable currently. She claims a preinstalled facebook app was making it run like crap this time. She'll be taking my iPhone 4 soon so she won't be having any problems anymore soon enough.

Moravia
09-17-2012, 12:05
I'm an apple fan. I have plenty of apple products to include ipod nano, MacBook, iPad 32GB, and iPhone 4 (recently retired). I really like the quality of their product, the way it feels in the hand for the handheld devices. They are great. I recently cracked the screen of my iPhone 4, went to verizon and got a Galaxy S3 and I am not looking back at all.

I love the screen size, the speed of the phone is fantastic. 4G is crazy fast compared to 3G (at least in my area), and the phone operated super smooth just like my iPhone 4. Things I miss about the iPhone, the seamless interface between it and my iPad. The iCloud is convenient for transferring purchases automatically between devices.

I think Android OS has come a long way since my first device I had, T-Mobile G1. I think the biggest advance is in the hardware in the phones that run the OS. I've played with some Android phones for the past few years at the electronic stores, not bad but never made me want to give up my iPhone. The Galaxy S3 is the first device that has changed my mind. Sure it isn't as nice feeling as the iPhone, but man is the screen nice and I love the customization you can do with the widgets and the contact shortcuts. Plus a lot more stuff I am still figuring out.

So, to the OP, I would vote Galaxy S3. I think the specs are pretty comparable to the iPhone 5. If you need want a phone that has a high quality feel and operates without a hiccup but lacks much customization, iPhone is the way to go. If you want a beautiful 4.8" screen, and more customization at the expense of a few apps crashing because they aren't up to "apple quality CONTROL" then Galaxy S3 is the way to go.

Moravia
09-17-2012, 12:12
He might as well wait for the S5 which will be announced two months after the S4. Second thought the S6 which will be announced two months after the S5.....or the S7 which will be announced two months after the S6.

This is why I choose iPhone I kinda like keeping up with the current stuff a tad bit. And with Droids its impossible.

I agree with you JDO. I think the Android phones are always trying to one up each other, even within the same manufacturer. I think the S3 is one of the first Android based phones that could keep you going through a 20 month upgrade cycle (at least I think Verizon is 20 months). Its super smooth compared to prior android phones. Seems like it has what it takes to keep the owner happy until said Galaxy SX comes out by 2014 or so. Just my .02.

P.S. I was a little disappointed at the iPhone 5 unveiling. I definitely kept up with all the rumors but was hoping for something completely different and new. The specs look pretty good but its definitely not the jump like the 3S to the 4 was.

droidfire
09-17-2012, 13:27
S3 screen is big, which is both nice and not at the same time.

Definitely takes some getting used to, but once you do it's quite the experience. The stock video player has a picture-in-picture mode, so you can watch a movie while you surf the web or whatever.

It eats games for breakfast. Definitely played some hardcore resource intensive apps on it and it was smooth as silk. Really a lot of fun, on-screen controls aren't in the way, reaction time is better because you can see what you are looking at.

Speaking of seeing, this is the first sub-tablet sized device I was able to read ebooks on and enjoying.

The mhl adapter works great, so you can get to a tv. Connecting a ps3 controller through bluetooth is fun, you can control the device with it. Also works very well with the playstation emulator I've had from the google market since forever.

On that note, ps3 controller + playstation emulator + rv out = pocket playstation, like on a real screen. Awesome.

I can really feel the difference all that ram makes.

Surprisingly it's the first android I haven't had to mess with gps to get a faster lock. The gps config file is actually written well, which darn well may be a first on android history. Time to lock with just gps enabled and nothing else from location settings rivals or exceeds what I've been able to get to on other devices. When it happens that quick it's hard to tell without direct testing.

Nfc. Nfc tags are a godsend. I can tap a tag to send a pre-written text, make a phone call, maybe toggle brightness or sounds. Heck, you can even start a whole complicated series of automated actions simply by putting the phone down in a particular spot, or touching a tag to it.:

(before anyone goes crying security compromise, play with nfc before making that call. If you think it's insecure because of what it is, you don't understand how it works and education - but more importantly experience - is your friend.)

Miss my hardware keyboard. First - and last - smart phone I will ever own without a hardware keyboard.

Loving 32 gigs + 64. Thats my daily setup, but also have a few other memory cards laying around with some of the way more then the measly near-100 gigs I can have routinely available. When I need archived work documents or some of the software i've written for various things not only is it a simple card swap away... but the microsd expandable is seen as an extended sdcard.

Still easy to work with on the device, but since the userspace of on-board memory is seen as the regular sdcard swapping files between expandable microsd cards couldn't be easier. Doesn't mess with dropbox or any apps with their data on the "regular" sdcard we are all used to using on android, which is in this case the internal user storage.

All in all, I simply can't deal with being forced onto an on-screen keyboard, and i'm sad to say it's a dealbreaker and i'll be giving the S3 to my lady and finding something else I won't hate on using. Otherwise I love the device.

Given that one insurmoumtable offense, none of the devices listed in this thread I could use. The 4 and 4s are too small of a screen and lack some of the core features the S3 offers, haven't played with the 5, and due to no keyboard will be offloading the S3 I have now. Wish I could deal with it because of how impressive the S3 really is after you've had a few weeks to see what it can really do.

I rooted it to use the ps3 controller, but didn't actually change anything on it. Just needed to grant superuser permissions to the app that manages the ps3 controller, otherwise found the stock software enjoyable to use - another surprising first. Normally I find something I would rather it did differently then it does, but samsung did a good job on it all the way around.

HOTHEAD
09-17-2012, 13:54
http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/galaxy-s3-iphone-ad.jpeg

This has been in quite a few articles this week. FWTW

Resqu2
09-17-2012, 14:27
? For the S3 owners, be honest please, how long does your battery really last and I mean without everything that makes it a nice phone being disabled?

Slug71
09-17-2012, 14:31

Yeh but it wont be out for another 9 months after the announcement. At least.

Cinic
09-17-2012, 14:55
Nfc. Nfc tags are a godsend. I can tap a tag to send a pre-written text, make a phone call, maybe toggle brightness or sounds. Heck, you can even start a whole complicated series of automated actions simply by putting the phone down in a particular spot, or touching a tag to it.:

(before anyone goes crying security compromise, play with nfc before making that call. If you think it's insecure because of what it is, you don't understand how it works and education - but more importantly experience - is your friend.)

I just ordered some NFC tags for our new Galaxy Nexus that my wife and I just bought. Looking forward to fiddling around with them.

GeorgiaGlocker
09-17-2012, 15:33
The iphone 5 is still lacking.....

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/8-things-the-iphone-5-still-can-t-do.html

Drjones
09-17-2012, 15:40

No, don't even get me started on how much I hate Mac computers.... No bias, other than I've been blown away with how crappy the android devices I've played with are.

Sure they might have a lot of cool features, and objectively on paper they have better hardware specs; though I'll argue that a bigger screen is not necessarily better, and in fact I'm worried the iPhone 5 will be too big; but the end user experience delivered by android is, IMO, garbage.

I was actually extremely reluctant to get the iPhone and didn't come around to it until the 3G model. When the first one was announced, I told everyone who listened that it was just a fancy toy that would flop bigtime. :supergrin:

Anyway, I've got no axe to grind; if you guys love your androids, more power to ya. I personally just don't care for them and think they are inferior to iOS devices.

Drjones
09-17-2012, 15:44
If I was a PC user, instead of a MBA, I'd look at other options before pulling the trigger on a 5.

Why do people always say that? I am a PC guy and have zero problem syncing my iPhone with iTunes on my PC, and for those who use Outlook, there are a lot of different ways to sync MS Outlook with an iPhone.

I use Google Apps (Exchange) which is just as seamless as can be on iPhone for my contacts, calendar & email.

Who ever said an iPhone won't work with or sync with a PC? :dunno:

Gallium
09-17-2012, 16:34
No, don't even get me started on how much I hate Mac computers.... No bias, other than I've been blown away with how crappy the android devices I've played with are.

Sure they might have a lot of cool features, and objectively on paper they have better hardware specs; though I'll argue that a bigger screen is not necessarily better, and in fact I'm worried the iPhone 5 will be too big; but the end user experience delivered by android is, IMO, garbage.

I was actually extremely reluctant to get the iPhone and didn't come around to it until the 3G model. When the first one was announced, I told everyone who listened that it was just a fancy toy that would flop bigtime. :supergrin:

Anyway, I've got no axe to grind; if you guys love your androids, more power to ya. I personally just don't care for them and think they are inferior to iOS devices.

It is not a matter of me "loving" my android device. I've been on Android for 2yrs and a month...I only found out I was using that OS 5-7 months ago. I found out I was on android based on a need to tether my phone to my laptop.

I have IOS devices (4) in my household, 3-4 functional android devices, a couple of conventional PCs and Macs, and a couple of Kindles/Nooks/Touchpads (1 or more of each). Today I have the iPhone 4S along side a Samsung Galaxy 2 S, and the differences are clear. There are things I love about my iDevices, and there are things that get in my way.

mtrboatinSOB
09-17-2012, 17:35
I read on CNET that the Samsung is planning to come out with a S4 in Feb. '13... I have an iPhone 4 and plan on waiting to see what the S4 has to offer.

Taphius
09-17-2012, 18:28
? For the S3 owners, be honest please, how long does your battery really last and I mean without everything that makes it a nice phone being disabled?

4 hours screen on time with ~26 hours useage

7:30 screen on time with extended battery with 52 hours useage

686Owner
09-17-2012, 19:19
I read on CNET that the Samsung is planning to come out with a S4 in Feb. '13... I have an iPhone 4 and plan on waiting to see what the S4 has to offer.

About 5 months after that, Apple will be releasing their new phone. Might want to wait for that one.

Deus Neco
09-18-2012, 00:03
I went from being a hardcore pro iphone guy to my galaxy s 3 AND I LOVE IT!!!

Taphius
09-18-2012, 18:36

update on those numbers.

http://blog.gsmarena.com/we-run-geekbench-2-on-the-lg-optimus-g-compare-it-to-the-iphone-5-and-high-end-droids/

and my phone

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1051174

thesilverbullet
10-24-2012, 19:51
The 4S actually has a better battery than the 4, and they both run on the same OS. While some people were getting bad battery life, no one I know has had any problems with the 4S battery life.

i have both phones 4 & 4s and the 4 has much better life. even the apple's spec list the 4s with less talk/data/standby hours than the 4. the 4s has the a5 cpu with a dual core and requires alot more juice than the 4 and its not any faster.

i did a side by side with a 4 and 5 in an att store and there were no difference in speed on the same wifi. it was funny they had the 4 on 3g and the 5 on the store's wifi to make it look faster. once i changed the 4 to wifi its was just as fast as the 5

NMGlocker
10-24-2012, 20:43
SG3 rooted and flashed with KyanROM 1.5 (stripped out all the bloatware).
With a Hyperion 4200 mAh battery ($30 off Amazon) I'm getting 4+ days per charge (latest was 4 days 10 hours and had just hit 15%) with WiFi, GPS and Sync all on, screen set to auto.
I'm not a heavy user, but surf the net a couple hours a day on WiFi and 3G, make a few short phone calls, 20 or so texts and 20 or so emails per day.
Majority of the standby and talk time is spent in a medium to poor reception area.

Gun Shark
10-24-2012, 21:20
i have both phones 4 & 4s and the 4 has much better life. even the apple's spec list the 4s with less talk/data/standby hours than the 4. the 4s has the a5 cpu with a dual core and requires alot more juice than the 4 and its not any faster.

i did a side by side with a 4 and 5 in an att store and there were no difference in speed on the same wifi. it was funny they had the 4 on 3g and the 5 on the store's wifi to make it look faster. once i changed the 4 to wifi its was just as fast as the 5

Personally I have noticed that my iPhone 5 has been noticeably faster the my previous iPhone 4 not only for Internet, but other tasks on the phone as well.

My only complaint is that Siri is inconsistent. I'll ask it something and it will either say something to the effect of "sorry the servers are busy" or it just won't listen.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine