Bullet Pulling Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Pulling Question

Airhasz
09-17-2012, 07:18
I pulled about thirty .223 bullets and want to reload the already prepped and primed cases. My question is: can I just reload these cases or do I have to resize which will knock out and waste my good primers? Not a big deal to waste a small amount of primers but I still would like to know. I'm loading 70 grain Barnes TXS in these cases if it matters...thanks for any experienced help.

Zombie Steve
09-17-2012, 07:19
Take the decapping pin out of your resizing die, and you can adjust it so it's just working the neck.

ColoCG
09-17-2012, 08:19
Take the decapping pin out of your resizing die, and you can adjust it so it's just working the neck.

What Steve said ^^^ be sure to leave your expander ball on the decapping shaft.

If you have to remove the whole decapping rod, after you resize the neck just put the expander rod back in the die and run the expander ball only thru the neck and back out.

Airhasz
09-17-2012, 11:20
The Lee die i am using..the pin and expander is one piece. I'll ask a more specific question.

After removing bullet...can case be reloaded with another bullet without running it through a sizing die?

Zombie Steve
09-17-2012, 11:28
You aren't going to have decent neck tension.

Airhasz
09-17-2012, 12:32
Thanks for helping me to learn how to work a pulled bullet and case...safe shooting to ya!

ColoCG
09-17-2012, 15:52
The Lee die i am using..the pin and expander is one piece. I'll ask a more specific question.

After removing bullet...can case be reloaded with another bullet without running it through a sizing die?

Just remove the pin and expander rod. Then lube the case resize as much as you need or full length resize. After this is done replace your pin and expander rod to normal setting. Then run your resized case with primer in, into the die slowly until you feel the expander ball pass thru the neck of the case then back the case out of the die and youshould be set, The primer should be untouched.

Good luck.

Zombie Steve
09-17-2012, 16:43
Wear safety glasses.

http://www.royalcanoeclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Jerry-Lewis-nutty-professor.jpg

Airhasz
09-17-2012, 19:09
Just remove the pin and expander rod. Then lube the case resize as much as you need or full length resize. After this is done replace your pin and expander rod to normal setting. Then run your resized case with primer in, into the die slowly until you feel the expander ball pass thru the neck of the case then back the case out of the die and youshould be set, The primer should be untouched.

Good luck.

I will do exactly that, both you and Z Steve are a great help :bowdown:

Airhasz
09-17-2012, 19:11
Wear safety glasses.

http://www.royalcanoeclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Jerry-Lewis-nutty-professor.jpg

Ah yes, creating a diabolical concoction...:rofl: