Wilson combat ar triggers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wilson combat ar triggers

mike g35
09-17-2012, 08:38
Any good? I have a custom G9 being built right now and I'm thinking of using either a TIMNEY, JP, or WILSON. My sponsor prefers Wilson Combat. What do you guys think?

MrMurphy
09-17-2012, 10:31
Wilson knows 1911s.

This does not necessarily translate to AR's.

I would advise you use a Geissele or JP.

kirgi08
09-17-2012, 10:47
:agree:

G23Adam
09-17-2012, 11:04
I'd go Timney or Geissele. The Timney dropin is the lightest trigger I've ever had that will reliably light hard primers.

The Geissele is GTG, but not as light as the Timney can be.

NeverMore1701
09-17-2012, 11:06
I've yet to not like any of the Geisseles I've tried, though my favorite is the SSA-E.

Big Bird
09-17-2012, 12:23
Giessele SSA or SSA-E I own them both. Completely reliable.

Travclem
09-17-2012, 13:06
Anyone tried the Geissele Super 3 gun?

NeverMore1701
09-17-2012, 13:11
Anyone tried the Geissele Super 3 gun?

That the straight one? If so, it's got a great trigger pull, but I hate the way straight triggers feel. Or that might be the SD3G. Both are very light.

Travclem
09-17-2012, 13:14
That the straight one? If so, it's got a great trigger pull, but I hate the way straight triggers feel. Or that might be the SD3G. Both are very light.
I think you can get straight or curved.

Bren
09-17-2012, 13:33
Giessele SSA or SSA-E I own them both. Completely reliable.

I can't understand putting a 2-stage trigger in close range guns like M4's and pistol caliber carbines. Either improve a stock trigger or get a Chip McCormick single stage. 2-stage triggers are fine for 20" and longer competition and precision rifles, but are too long (pull-wise) and complicated for a carbine, in my opinion.

Trey83
09-17-2012, 17:03
I can't understand putting a 2-stage trigger in close range guns like M4's and pistol caliber carbines. Either improve a stock trigger or get a Chip McCormick single stage. 2-stage triggers are fine for 20" and longer competition and precision rifles, but are too long (pull-wise) and complicated for a carbine, in my opinion.

Have you ever shot a Geissele? You can't even tell it's a two stage during rapid fire and you have the second stage available for higher precision shots when needed.

Big Bird
09-17-2012, 17:33

M1903
M1917
M1 Garand
M1 Carbine
M14

Almost a century of infantry weapons with 2 stage triggers.

Big Bird
09-17-2012, 17:35
Have you ever shot a Geissele? You can't even tell it's a two stage during rapid fire and you have the second stage available for higher precision shots when needed.

I shot my way into Master Class with 2 stage triggers.... remember the rapid fire stages of NRA highpower require 10 shots including a reload in a minute from standing to prone or sitting.

mike g35
09-17-2012, 20:43
Thanks for all the info folks. I'm kind of new to ARs, I've had a few but never modified anything. I'm going to take a long hard look at Timney, I keep hearing good things. As soon as the gun is done I'll share some pics, videos and a small review. Should be an interesting build.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

skeeter1959
09-17-2012, 21:20

Tried one out today. One of the best triggers I ever fired on an AR. BTW, I have 2 ARs with Timneys that don't compare. :wavey:

WoodenPlank
09-17-2012, 21:31
Geissele . If you don't want or need a light trigger, the ALG Combat Trigger is fantastic for $70 or less, and it's a Geissele design.

MrMurphy
09-17-2012, 21:50
Not to mention that with a decent trigger and scope, a 500m shot with a carbine is do-able.

ProCarryNAustin
09-18-2012, 08:24
So.... has anyone tried the Wilson trigger?

Bren
09-18-2012, 09:35
M1903
M1917
M1 Garand
M1 Carbine
M14

Almost a century of infantry weapons with 2 stage triggers.

And those all have in common that they are more powerful and longer range rifles - not pistol or 5.56 carbines. That's pretty much what I said. My A2 competition service rifle has a 2-stage trigger. My M4, like any good M4, has a simple, reliable, single-stage trigger.

I am assuming he meant a G9 on a Lone Wolf G9 lower - a pistol caliber AR that uses Glock magazines.

No way a 2-stage trigger makes sense in that. Just a reliability issue that makes it harder to shoot fast.

WoodenPlank
09-18-2012, 16:09
Not to mention that with a decent trigger and scope, a 500m shot with a carbine is do-able.

It's doable against man-sized targets with a 10.5" barrel, even.

Sent from the U.S.S. Sulaco

m2hmghb
09-18-2012, 20:33
And those all have in common that they are more powerful and longer range rifles - not pistol or 5.56 carbines. That's pretty much what I said. My A2 competition service rifle has a 2-stage trigger. My M4, like any good M4, has a simple, reliable, single-stage trigger.

I am assuming he meant a G9 on a Lone Wolf G9 lower - a pistol caliber AR that uses Glock magazines.

No way a 2-stage trigger makes sense in that. Just a reliability issue that makes it harder to shoot fast.

Bren the M1 Carbine isnt for long range. One could make the argument that a glock has a 2 stage trigger as well, just with a sort reset. What about all the DAO autos on the market like the SIG DAK or the HK LEM? I'm not challenging you, just saying there are other pistols and carbines using 2 stages.

rball
09-18-2012, 21:20
I thought about trying the Timney, Wilson, and RRA. I took into account the reviews of each trigger (hear and other forums). I read good and bad about all three brands. The only trigger that I didn't see any negative reviews about (other than price): Giessele SSA or SSA-E. I got the SSA-E, and am glad about the purchase. I would still look at the other three, but am partial to the Giessele. If you know someone who has one of the four - ask if you can try it out. But I doubt you would be disappointed with the Giessele.

superseal
09-18-2012, 21:42
I thought about trying the Timney, Wilson, and RRA. I took into account the reviews of each trigger (hear and other forums). I read good and bad about all three brands. The only trigger that I didn't see any negative reviews about (other than price): Giessele SSA or SSA-E. I got the SSA-E, and am glad about the purchase. I would still look at the other three, but am partial to the Giessele. If you know someone who has one of the four - ask if you can try it out. But I doubt you would be disappointed with the Giessele.

Bought a RRA LAR15 with the stock 4.5lb 2 stage a few months back. Absolutley love that trigger,...very crisp indeed. Comes in chrome too if your looking for bling :cool:

Cole125
09-18-2012, 22:31
Its very hard to beat the Timney 3 LB trigger. I've them in two of my ARs, and let me tell you its about as good as a trigger gets. Very easy to install and has its own anti walk trigger/hammer pin tension screw so no need for KNS anti walk pins.