Mitt Romney may have blown the election [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney may have blown the election

Pages : [1] 2

BSA70
09-18-2012, 16:37
Right now I'm watching the news have a field day on Romney and his remarks on the deadbeat 47%, latinos, and African Americans.

Even conservatives have stated he has blown it:crying:

He'd better come out swinging on this or he is done:crying:

raven11
09-18-2012, 16:41
can't be that bad, Obama called rural America "clinging to guns and bibles" and lost some points with the African American vote by telling them to "take responsibility" and still won the election

sheriff733
09-18-2012, 16:41
I highly doubt it.

I'd say he picked up just as many votes from the "Finally, somebody had the guts to say it" crowd as he lost from the "OMG how offensive" crowd.

If people aren't going to vote for him because he told the truth, they were going to vote NObama anyways.

Nothing to see here.

DaleGribble
09-18-2012, 16:42
Unless Barry blows it in a major way it's a done deal.

We can thank Mitt for four more years!!!!!! :upeyes::upeyes::upeyes:

NMGlocker
09-18-2012, 16:42
You're a brainwashed fool if you think this will be a negative against Romney.

eb07
09-18-2012, 16:43
Blew the election for stating the truth? If that is the case, the American people get what they deserve.

HexHead
09-18-2012, 16:46
r "OMG how offensive crowd."

And those people, even the indy ones, weren't going to vote for him anyway.

DaleGribble

Really?

You think there's enough hardcore conservatives out there to carry Mitt to a victory? I hope you're right because most of the moderates are going to shy away from him after this!

GLWyandotte
My, it gets the msm play doesn't it? Funny how that works.

ChuteTheMall
09-18-2012, 16:47
For the first time in my adult life, I'm proud of Mitt Romney.

:elephant:

sheriff733
09-18-2012, 16:48

That's right.

:wavey:

jtmac
09-18-2012, 16:50
I highly doubt it.

I'd say he picked up just as many votes from the "Finally, somebody had the guts to say it" crowd as he lost from the "OMG how offensive" crowd.

If people aren't going to vote for him because he told the truth, they were going to vote NObama anyways.

Nothing to see here.

The crowd that you're saying he might pick up votes from is the same crowd that was going to vote for him, anyway (to vote against Obama).

Which isn't to say I think this blew his chances.

I wish both candidates would blow their chances for election...

frank4570
09-18-2012, 16:50
Republicans will vote the same as they always do, Democrats will vote the same as they always do. Getting on the bad side of the independent moderates could be a bad thing.

sheriff733
09-18-2012, 16:53
The crowd that you're saying he might pick up votes from is the same crowd that was going to vote for him, anyway (to vote against Obama).

Which isn't to say I think this blew his chances.

I wish both candidates would blow their chances for election...

Right.

That's what I mean. Nothing gained, nothing lost.

:wavey:

Eurodriver
09-18-2012, 16:54
Really?

You think there's enough hardcore conservatives out there to carry Mitt to a victory? I hope you're right because most of the moderates are going to shy away from him after this!

Really?

You watch too much TV

m51
09-18-2012, 16:54
Right now I'm watching the news have a field day on Romney and his remarks on the deadbeat 47%, latinos, and African Americans.

Where did he say the 47% were deadbeat Latinos and African Americans? Or is this your slanted view? You should be a speech writer for mittens.

eb07
09-18-2012, 16:57
Independent moderates pay taxes too. He won't get the liberal welfare vote, oh well... he wasn't getting that anyway.

frank4570
09-18-2012, 16:58
I saw the video, and I didn't see anything about blacks or latinos.

Schrag4
09-18-2012, 16:59

ditto - makes no difference. If anything, it'll backfire on the mainstream media for making people think about the ridiculousness of it all. It's not as if Mitt lied or stretched the truth after all. How can this be a negative?

M&P Shooter
09-18-2012, 17:01
Obama won this election no matter what anybody said or did:crying:

Bren
Really?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Only if this is what you call a mdoerate:
http://www.mindcorestudios.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/crystal-hippie.jpg

Yeah, the left-wingers are always willing to lie if it means they can accuse somebody of racism.

Cinic
Where did he say the 47% were deadbeat Latinos and African Americans? Or is this your slanted view? You should be a speech writer for mittens.

I was looking for that too. Actually reading CNN and CBS and couldn't find that part of the quote.

m51
ditto - makes no difference. If anything, it'll backfire on the mainstream media for making people think about the ridiculousness of it all. It's not as if Mitt lied or stretched the truth after all. How can this be a negative?

You will get your answer on November 6th

The Machinist
09-18-2012, 17:02
Mittens was never going to win anyway. He's a liberal, and liberal challengers cannot unseat sitting liberal presidents. He's the guy that lost to John McCain four years ago, for crying out loud.

Bren
09-18-2012, 17:04

Got a link to the part about latinos and african americans, or is it your own racism showing through?

8-Ball
09-18-2012, 17:04

Same here. He spoke the truth.

m51
09-18-2012, 17:05
It would be a smart move for the RNC and super pacs to shift all their attention and funds to the senate candidates. Stick a fork in mittens, he is done.

dcc12
09-18-2012, 17:09

If Romney says:
Jobs =racist
economy = racist
Tax = racist
Children = racist
I have been to Israel
If Obama says
Jobs = Others will pay for you to not work.
economy = More taxes so we can give more free stuff
Tax = Redistribution I'm giving more free stuff
Children = They all need more free stuff
I went to a 40K fund-raiser.

tgmr05
09-18-2012, 17:09
The reality of the situation is this, the left just gave the election to Romney. The American people are sick and tired of being lied to, and Romney spoke the truth, which, of course the left hates and disagrees with, so....in reality, what the left thinks just happened, is actually the opposite.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Roering
09-18-2012, 17:12
Election is 2 months away. I don't have enough faith in the general public's memory to recall anything that happens in Sep.

VELO
09-18-2012, 17:20
Election is 2 months away. I don't have enough faith in the general public's memory to recall anything that happens in Sep.

This.

Unfortunately.

Glock20 10mm
09-18-2012, 17:22
Unless Barry blows it in a major way it's a done deal.

We can thank Mitt for four more years!!!!!! :upeyes::upeyes::upeyes:

Not really... you can thank narrow minded Americans.

GlockPistola
09-18-2012, 17:23
I actually agree with Romney on that one. I will say this though, people are going on a hidden camera frenzy. Here is another one about creating jobs (IN CHINA).
HIDDEN CAMERA: Mitt Romney Talks About Outsourcing to China: Slave Labour Factory - YouTube

09-18-2012, 17:25
These things have a shelf life.

Next week it'll be something else.

I'm waiting for the October surprise.

LASTRESORT20
09-18-2012, 17:27
Berry destroying the country....world going to hell....and the Dem`s "Liberals" try to spin the Truth....it is what it is.....The deal is cleaning up the `mess` when berry losses and getting some to go "Back" to work.
meh....

GlockPistola
09-18-2012, 17:30

Oh, don't worry, from the look of things, you won't be disappointed. That surprise is in the making. We have two elections, ours in November and Israel's next month and both candidates are desperate to hold on to power as their approval rating continues to slide.

Jay9928
09-18-2012, 17:38
Heard the audio on O&A. He speaks the truth right there. No one in the media will flame zero.

GlockinNJ
09-18-2012, 17:38
Mitt spoke the truth. It's so rare for a politician to speak the truth that the MSM is befuddled by it.

faawrenchbndr
09-18-2012, 17:43
No matter how you look at it,.....it's Illinois' fault for Obamma!

Gallium
09-18-2012, 17:44

There are more people in rat-holes like NYC, Trenton NJ, Compton, LA, Miami, Hartford CT, Bridgeport CT, Chi-town IL, Detroit, Buffalo NY, Philly, Boston MA, Baltimore MD, Richmond VA, etc etc to swing electoral votes in Mr. Obama's favor.

And when I say "more people", I am talking about poor urban people, typically poor migrants or blacks.

Mitt is mostly done. I am focusing on the congressional races.

mikeivan
09-18-2012, 17:50

Benjamin Netanyahu is getting that ready for you.

*ASH*
09-18-2012, 17:53
well the race was over before this leaked crap . obama has it won

SixDemonBag
09-18-2012, 17:56
Oh, so we're stuck with the other guy who's a liar and crook. Damn, I was so hoping to put a new face to the guy ******* us all.

G36's Rule
09-18-2012, 18:03
There are more people in rat-holes like NYC, Trenton NJ, Compton, LA, Miami, Hartford CT, Bridgeport CT, Chi-town IL, Detroit, Buffalo NY, Philly, Boston MA, Baltimore MD, Richmond VA, etc etc to swing electoral votes in Mr. Obama's favor.

And when I say "more people", I am talking about poor urban people, typically poor migrants or blacks.

Mitt is mostly done. I am focusing on the congressional races.

The only one of those states that Mitt has a chance with is VA. And he still does there. Doesn't matter if he loses by 1% or 100% in those states.

He doesn't need them to win.

zoyter2
09-18-2012, 18:12
LOL...it think it is so cute how you people think that one is somehow superior to the other. Y'all so funny.

Flying-Dutchman
09-18-2012, 18:17
The last time Americans were this divided we met at Gettysburg and Bull Run.

g29andy
09-18-2012, 18:21
Freeloaders are killing this country. When freeloaders become the majority, there will never be a chance to right the ship at the ballot box, only by revolt (hence the gun control push)

47% isn't far from majority.

50 Cent
09-18-2012, 18:24
The only one of those states that Mitt has a chance with is VA. And he still does there. Doesn't matter if he loses by 1% or 100% in those states.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. The big urban areas where the "47%" are concentrated in (LA/NYC/Chicago etc) are in reliably blue states - which in itself should tell you something.

If O had this election on ice, how come Rasmussen puts Romney AHEAD in its daily tracking poll by 2-3 points and ahead in the swing states by 2 pts?? A sitting president thats under 50% less than 60 days out is in serious trouble.
The numbers just aren't there for Obungo, unless you read the New York Times I guess :rofl: Even best from Gallup today
is O 47% (yeah...seriously) and Romney at 46%.

Note that this is AFTER all the cheer leading by the leftist press. You can tell Romney hits a nerve when the scumbags go into a tizzy - if they are worried about something then its a good thing.

I think Romney should run with this - look the electorate in the eye and say "You have a choice - you want a nanny state because there are no jobs, go for O. You want less regulation, less dependence , more jobs vote for me!"

Gallium
09-18-2012, 18:33

:cool:

And here I was, thinking that it was electoral votes that counted.

You may be right, he does not need FL, CT, MA, NY, CT, IL, MD or MI to win.

G19Tony
09-18-2012, 18:39

I see what you did there. :rofl:

I like that Mitt is owning what he said, and is standing by it. :cool: I don't think this will hurt him at all.

G36's Rule
09-18-2012, 18:41
:cool:

And here I was, thinking that it was electoral votes that counted.

You may be right, he does not need FL, CT, MA, NY, CT, IL, MD or MI to win.

It is electoral votes that count. And Florida wasn't in your original list. He can win Florida.

Ah, now I see Miami! Anyway, he is running good in Florida.

Trew2Life
09-18-2012, 18:49
This is why I love the Right ... you guys don't let something like facts stand in your way. All this nonsense about the "47%" being Obama supporters unlikely to vote for Romney anyway. LMAO

An independent study tallied the states that had the highest percentages of non-income-tax-paying residents.

The 8 states with the highest rates of non-tax-payers are mostly ones that Romney had in the bag:

Texas, Idaho, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina.

Why ... because those state are heavily populated with college students and elderly/retirees or underpaid laborers who don't earn enough to pay federal income taxes.

Not that Romney ever had a chance in the first place, but he has less than a chance now.

njl
09-18-2012, 18:50
That 47% of "freeloaders" who pay no income tax includes people like Romney.

Gallium
09-18-2012, 19:05

Say what? :headscratch:

He most likely pays more fed income tax than you and ten of your neighbors.

pesticidal
09-18-2012, 19:07

He paid several million in 2011...

Gallium
09-18-2012, 19:08

The 8 states with the highest rates of non-tax-payers are mostly ones that Romney had in the bag:

Texas, Idaho, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina.

People without teef don't count, so those states didn't make the cut. Did you not get the memo? :animlol:

The truth is, people in those states - even folks who vote, who are underwater on their Fed income tax would still support Romney.

My plan this year is to vote "R" early - for my dad (deceased), my dog, and all five of my personalities.

Berto
09-18-2012, 19:11
He won my support, what he said was true.

Slug71
09-18-2012, 19:19
This means nothing. Romney never stood a chance to begin with. Republican voters screwed up. Thats what cost them this election.

sheriff733
09-18-2012, 19:31
:rofl: at anyone who is calling the outcome of the election almost 2 months before election day.

GotFour
09-18-2012, 19:34
BS...........the man demonstrates that he has a set and all the cockroaches go running for cover. If he rolls over like McCain he will lose for sure. He needs to go straight for the jugular! O says he represents all of the people...............ha! "for the first time in my adult life......I have no President"!!

Trew2Life
09-18-2012, 19:46
:rofl: at anyone who is calling the outcome of the election almost 2 months before election day.

It was this same time 4 years ago when the McCain/Palin campaign went 'rouge' and ... well, we all know what happened after that.

Can you say, 'LANDSLIDE'?

sheriff733
09-18-2012, 19:52
It was this same time 4 years ago when the McCain/Palin campaign went 'rouge' and ... well, we all know what happened after that.

Oh. Ok. I reckon so then.

Trew2Life
09-18-2012, 19:53
... and also from that same 50K p/plate fund raiser Mitt went on to say ...

"If I were Iran -- a crazed fanatic, I'd say let's get a little fissile material to Hezbollah, have them carry it to Chicago or some other place, and then if anything goes wrong, or America starts acting up, we'll just say, "Guess what? Unless you stand down, why, we're going to let off a dirty bomb." I mean this is where we have -- where America could be held up and blackmailed by Iran, by the mullahs, by crazy people. So we really don't have any option but to keep Iran from having a nuclear weapon. -- Mitt Romney, May 17, 2012

I'm going to love Mitt's concession speech.

G36's Rule
09-18-2012, 19:53
I wonder how much of trew2life we will see after the election?

sheriff733
09-18-2012, 19:54

I was kind of wondering the same thing, given join date and post count.

But, trying to give benefit of the doubt.

Flying-Dutchman
09-18-2012, 19:59
Romney uncut is impressive. Direct. Knows his stuff. No teleprompter needed. Of Presidential timber.

Actually, the Blaze is saying Mother Jones doctored the tape. Must have cut out the parts that made Romney look too good.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUEHpc6JKw8http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBj0joyCeag

Trew2Life
09-18-2012, 20:04

Plenty. I have nothing to lose and not a sore loser, but I have the utmost confidence and faith in the general voting population, despite the 500+ right wing representers here.

It didn't work for John McCain. It's not going to work for Mitt Romney.

If John McCain beat Romney and Obama beat McCain ... what do you think Obama is going to do to Romney?

09-18-2012, 20:04
This is why I love the Right ... you guys don't let something like facts stand in your way. All this nonsense about the "47%" being Obama supporters unlikely to vote for Romney anyway. LMAO

An independent study tallied the states that had the highest percentages of non-income-tax-paying residents.

Why ... because those state are heavily populated with college students and elderly/retirees or underpaid laborers who don't earn enough to pay federal income taxes.

Not that Romney ever had a chance in the first place, but he has less than a chance now.

Where do you get your talking points? I've been hearing/seeing these same talking points in the MSN and parroted on forums almost verbatim. It's uncanny. :dunno:

Trew2Life
09-18-2012, 20:08
I was kind of wondering the same thing, given join date and post count.

But, trying to give benefit of the doubt.

OH ... I'm sorry. Did I upset the balance of lifelong NRA/right wingers? Didn't mean to. I didn't even think about political affliations when I joined this club. Just thought it would be interesting to socialize with other Glockers.

Much to my suprise did I find a forum filled with Conservative minded/Obama-bashers.

countrygun
09-18-2012, 20:09

They went "Red" ? :dunno:

Trew2Life
09-18-2012, 20:10
Where do you get your talking points? I've been hearing/seeing these same talking points in the MSN and parroted on forums almost verbatim. It's uncanny. :dunno:

If by 'talking points' you mean 'independently verifiable facts' you can google them yourself. You just cannot rely on one source. You must read, check and double check information for yourself.

G36's Rule
09-18-2012, 20:13

Yep, and notice the qualifier in the study, "non income tax payer". Some of the richest in the country don't pay much if any income tax.

They pay the lions share of all taxes though.

Trew2Life
09-18-2012, 20:14
They went "Red" ? :dunno:

'Red', blue or martian green. 365 to 173 is an electoral landslide.,

GAFinch
09-18-2012, 20:56
Every single week the media declares that Romney's campaign is finished. This has become a full-blown propaganda effort in collusion with the White House.

CNBC poll (http://www.cnbc.com/id/49071984): Do you agree with Romney's statements? 75% yes right now, despite media outlets going ballistic over this almost non-stop today.

Romney goes on Fox and doubles down on his statements:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1847787266001/

Also released today, which Romney referenced in his interview:

Obama in 1998: "I Actually Believe in Redistribution" - YouTube

CLoft239
09-18-2012, 21:14
I have the utmost confidence and faith in the general voting population

I'm curious... with me being neither right/left or red/blue, you gotta explain... how the **** do you still have faith in the voting population seeing as that the clown in office got elected. Exactly what good has he done? Serious question, I'm not being facetious. List his pros and how this country has benefited. Here's your chance to educate people. It won't change my opinion on him, but it'll at least help me understand what goes on inside the typical liberal's brain and what makes y'all tick. A legitimate response is appreciated.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

50 Cent
09-18-2012, 21:16
Every single week the media declares that Romney's campaign is finished. This has become a full-blown propaganda effort in collusion with the White House.

CNBC poll (http://www.cnbc.com/id/49071984): Do you agree with Romney's statements? 75% yes right now, despite media outlets going ballistic over this almost non-stop today.

Romney goes on Fox and doubles down on his statements:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1847787266001/

Also released today, which Romney referenced in his interview:

Obama in 1998: "I Actually Believe in Redistribution" - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge3aGJfDSg4&feature=player_embedded)

You know you have a winner if the leftist scumbags in the press and griping about it!! And yeah - with Romney still ahead in Rasmussen's General/Swing State poll I got a feeling that lead will widen.

The collusion between the leftist press and the WH is despicable. But I think the American people get it. I'm looking forward to the debates.

CLoft239
09-18-2012, 21:53
*crickets* I guess I'm not getting an answer...

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

Berto
09-18-2012, 22:01
He's googling, give him time.

Paul7
09-18-2012, 22:03
I heard of a poll on that comment that said 75% agreed with Romney. It's like when Reagan would tell a politically incorrect truth, the MSM would call it a 'gaffe', and normal people loved it.

CLoft239
09-18-2012, 22:05
He's googling, give him time.

Lol you read my mind

:popcorn:

Glockworks
09-18-2012, 22:07
Amen. Jeez, a straight shooter! Reminds me in some ways of RR in 80.

Schrag4
09-18-2012, 22:09
You will get your answer on November 6th

I'll ask again. How can this be a negative? He's absolutely right and people on both sides know it. There are people who will vote for Obama no matter what. His stating that doesn't change that. Do you really think independents will be so appalled by that statement? I don't think so.

Or to put it another way, hey may or may not lose in a landslide on Nov 6 but it won't be because of this statement. Speaking the obvious truth that everybody knows just doesn't resonate negatively with people, sorry.

Trew2Life
09-18-2012, 22:45
I'm curious... with me being neither right/left or red/blue, you gotta explain... how the **** do you still have faith in the voting population seeing as that the clown in office got elected. Exactly what good has he done? Serious question, I'm not being facetious. List his pros and how this country has benefited. Here's your chance to educate people. It won't change my opinion on him, but it'll at least help me understand what goes on inside the typical liberal's brain and what makes y'all tick. A legitimate response is appreciated.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." Albert Einstien (Democrat, Socialist ...IMHO)

I'm just a little leary of your claim to be a centralist. There's nothing wrong with being in the middle, but by the tone of your criticisms you seem to be leaning Right.

Your first question is very personal to me since I am part of the voting population who elected him to office. So I must have faith in myself and the other (recording breaking) 65 million voters who elected him.

While no POTUS can be 100% popular 100% of the time, I can see the 'good he has done' in legislation/positions like: The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act (even though I'm not a woman), support for same sex marriage (even though I'm not gay) affordable healthcare (even though I'm not sick ...yet), and social programs that benefit the least amongst us (even though I have worked/learned steadily for the past 35+ years).

I know these positions are unpopular to others, but to me ... their important. You might say they help comprise my moral center (even though I'm not religious).

Now, I could bullet point a bunch of Presidential Pros, but to what end? Some one could just as easily bullet point his Cons. I'm not as niave to think that any President is going to be 100% favorable. Plus, you add that it wouldn't change your position on him. So why bother? I used to hate the crap out of Michael Jordan for no other reason than he used to kill my Knicks in the playoffs. I understand 'hate'.

'Silly you', actually - to think that 'Mittens' isn't referring to you when he talks about a group of people he doesn't care about. And that right there should tell you alot about a man who wants to be the president of us all.

concretefuzzynuts
09-18-2012, 22:50
Shovel ready not ready - YouTube

concretefuzzynuts
09-18-2012, 23:12
7 Lies In Under 2 Minutes - YouTube

CLoft239
09-18-2012, 23:14
"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." Albert Einstien (Democrat, Socialist ...IMHO)

I'm just a little leary of your claim to be a centralist. There's nothing wrong with being in the middle, but by the tone of your criticisms you seem to be leaning Right.

Your first question is very personal to me since I am part of the voting population who elected him to office. So I must have faith in myself and the other (recording breaking) 65 million voters who elected him.

While no POTUS can be 100% popular 100% of the time, I can see the 'good he has done' in legislation/positions like: The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act (even though I'm not a woman), support for same sex marriage (even though I'm not gay) affordable healthcare (even though I'm not sick ...yet), and social programs that benefit the least amongst us (even though I have worked/learned steadily for the past 35+ years).

I know these positions are unpopular to others, but to me ... their important. You might say they help comprise my moral center (even though I'm not religious).

Now, I could bullet point a bunch of Presidential Pros, but to what end? Some one could just as easily bullet point his Cons. I'm not as niave to think that any President is going to be 100% favorable. Plus, you add that it wouldn't change your position on him. So why bother? I used to hate the crap out of Michael Jordan for no other reason than he used to kill my Knicks in the playoffs. I understand 'hate'.

'Silly you', actually - to think that 'Mittens' isn't referring to you when he talks about a group of people he doesn't care about. And that right there should tell you alot about a man who wants to be the president of us all.

A) I am center.
B) I don't lean in either direction
C) I don't think any candidate gives a rats ass about me or the likes of people like me
D) I think Obama is downright equally as worthless as Romney (did I mention I can't stand either of them?). However, I do believe another Obama term would be far more detrimental to this nation than a Romney term which I believe would be a 1 time term.
E) I absolutely do not believe that either of them are patriots.
F) I welcome any verified pros that you can provide, as long as they are factual and not opinionated. True pros/beneficial results to this nation as a result of him and his actions in office. Facts that are not open to interpretation.

The few "steps forward" he's made only affect certain groups with labels, not the nation as a whole. Some groups of people are better off, but not the nation, ie the big picture. As far as him supporting gay marriage, his timing and sincerity is questionable at best considering his prior stance on the issue. It means jack sh!it how noble a cause is if there's a hidden agenda behind it, such as bolstering voter support.

The key is saving our nation as a whole, not any particular group of people. United we stand, divided we.... well, you know the rest.

concretefuzzynuts
09-18-2012, 23:20
Obama, Which One Did You Vote For? - YouTube

concretefuzzynuts
09-18-2012, 23:31
OBAMA & Medvedev CAUGHT ON MIC 'After My Election I Have More Flexibility' (Nuclear Summit 2012) - YouTube

MarinePride
09-18-2012, 23:33
I'm not voting at all this time, once again. It makes no difference, we are going to the same place, only the speed we get there differs. Two wings of the same dodo bird. Both parties are rotten to the core.

concretefuzzynuts
09-18-2012, 23:39
65 Outrageous Lies by President Obama - YouTube

09-18-2012, 23:39

Yeah? Why isn't Obama running on his record, his accomplishments of nearly four years?

Or it could be this:

"When you don't have a record to run on, you paint your opponent as somebody to run from." ~ Barack Obama.

Obama 2008: "If you don't have any fresh ideas, you use stale tactics to scare the voters" - YouTube

concretefuzzynuts
09-18-2012, 23:45
Idiots who voted for Obama - YouTube

Trew2Life
09-19-2012, 00:02
A) I am center.
B) I don't lean in either direction
C) I don't think any candidate gives a rats ass about me or the likes of people like me
D) I think Obama is downright equally as worthless as Romney (did I mention I can't stand either of them?). However, I do believe another Obama term would be far more detrimental to this nation than a Romney term which I believe would be a 1 time term.
E) I absolutely do not believe that either of them are patriots.
F) I welcome any verified pros that you can provide, as long as they are factual and not opinionated. True pros/beneficial results to this nation as a result of him and his actions in office. Facts that are not open to interpretation.

The few "steps forward" he's made only affect certain groups with labels, not the nation as a whole. Some groups of people are better off, but not the nation, ie the big picture. As far as him supporting gay marriage, his timing and sincerity is questionable at best considering his prior stance on the issue. It means jack sh!it how noble a cause is if there's a hidden agenda behind it, such as bolstering voter support.

The key is saving our nation as a whole, not any particular group of people. United we stand, divided we.... well, you know the rest.

A) O.K
B) O.K
C) O.K
D) I believe the oposition to a 2nd Obama term would be more detrimental than President Obama himself. You have to admit that the Republicans were more interested in seeing him fail than helping the country succeed. They said so themselves.
E) O.K (I'd like to know how you define a 'patriot'?)
F) You'd have to search for the truth on your own. There's nothing wrong with 'googling' a few facts. Just try to avoid clicking on the first two or three search results. They're usually sponsored results and serve biased/personal agenda's. You should click through a few links and research more.

As far as "the few steps forward he's made only affecting certain groups with labels and not the nation as a whole" ... all I can say is women are not just a group with labels. Their issues are real. Their health concerns are real and BHO has done more to help advance their causes.

Health care is everybody's concern. Ninety-nine percent of all people are bought into this world with the assistance of a health care professional. We can't send our kids to school without the proper vaccinations and immunizations. One co-worker sneezes on the job and 4 others catch the flu. Pesticides in our food, toxins in our environment, west nile, sars, bird flu ... health care should be everyone's concern. BHO wants to address that.

Sir, your outlook is entirely too cynical for any popular persuasion. What do you expect a POTUS to do? Cure cancer? Bring about world peace? He's damned if he does ... and damned if he doesn't.

Trew2Life
09-19-2012, 00:08
OIC. You guys want to play the 'Post Video Sound Bite' game. Whoopie! My turn!

Mitt Romney Flip Flop Collection - A Hilarious Video Compilation - YouTube

CLoft239
09-19-2012, 00:27
A) O.K
B) O.K
C) O.K
D) I believe the oposition to a 2nd Obama term would be more detrimental than President Obama himself. You have to admit that the Republicans were more interested in seeing him fail than helping the country succeed. They said so themselves.
E) O.K (I'd like to know how you define a 'patriot'?)
F) You'd have to search for the truth on your own. There's nothing wrong with 'googling' a few facts. Just try to avoid clicking on the first two or three search results. They're usually sponsored results and serve biased/personal agenda's. You should click through a few links and research more.

As far as "the few steps forward he's made only affecting certain groups with labels and not the nation as a whole" ... all I can say is women are not just a group with labels. Their issues are real. Their health concerns are real and BHO has done more to help advance their causes.

Health care is everybody's concern. Ninety-nine percent of all people are bought into this world with the assistance of a health care professional. We can't send our kids to school without the proper vaccinations and immunizations. One co-worker sneezes on the job and 4 others catch the flu. Pesticides in our food, toxins in our environment, west nile, sars, bird flu ... health care should be everyone's concern. BHO wants to address that.

Sir, your outlook is entirely too cynical for any popular persuasion. What do you expect a POTUS to do? Cure cancer? Bring about world peace? He's damned if he does ... and damned if he doesn't.

What does the his healthcare plans do for the nation in the long run? Not for people now, or a few years down the road, but for the nation? How will it's effects affect people/the nation further down the road? I for one had to bust my ass and earn a job with benefits. And he just wants to hand it out to people at the expense of others?

As far as being a patriot, it's hard to describe. It's just something that can be sensed. If that makes any sense. And I don't catch that vibe from either of them. Having served, and having been surrounded by patriots, military and civilian, I can say that I'm confident in my judgment when I say neither Obama nor Mitty are patriots.

To each their own tho. I could type out a long drawn out posts using my fat uncoordinated fingers on this tiny phone, but I won't. Long story short: our nation is f'ked.

09-19-2012, 00:27
OIC. You guys want to play the 'Post Video Sound Bite' game. Whoopie! My turn!

Mitt Romney Flip Flop Collection - A Hilarious Video Compilation - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUzEJiFpmsQ)

So, why isn't Obama running on his four years of accomplishments?

09-19-2012, 00:33
What does the his healthcare plans do for the nation in the long run? Not for people now, or a few years down the road, but for the nation? How will it's effects affect people/the nation further down the road? I for one had to bust my ass and earn a job with benefits. And he just wants to hand it out to people at the expense of others?

As far as being a patriot, it's hard to describe. It's just something that can be sensed. If that makes any sense. And I don't catch that vibe from either of them. Having served, and having been surrounded by patriots, military and civilian, I can say that I'm confident in my judgment when I say neither Obama nor Mitty are patriots.

To each their own tho. I could type out a long drawn out posts using my fat uncoordinated fingers on this tiny phone, but I won't. Long story short: our nation is f'ked.

Obamacare has over 21 New Taxes:

1. Individual Mandate Excise Tax (Jan 2014): Starting in 2014, anyone NOT buying “qualifying” health insurance must pay income surtax.
2. Employer Mandate Tax (Jan 2014)…
3. Surtax on Investment Income ($123 billion/Jan. 2013)…
4. Excise Tax on Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans ($32 bill/Jan 2018)…
5. Hike in Medicare Payroll Tax ($86.8 bill/Jan 2013)…
6. Medicine Cabinet Tax($5 bill/Jan 2011)…
7. HSA Withdrawal Tax Hike ($1.4 bill/Jan 2011)…
8. Flexible Spending Account Cap – aka“Special Needs Kids Tax”($13 bill/Jan 2013)….
9. Tax on Medical Device Manufacturers ($20 bill/Jan 2013)….
10. Raise "Haircut" for Medical Itemized Deduction from 7.5% to 10% of AGI ($15.2 bill/Jan 2013)…
11. Tax on Indoor Tanning Services ($2.7 billion/July 1, 2010)…
12. Elimination of tax deduction for employer-provided retirement Rx drug coverage in coordination with Medicare Part D ($4.5 bill/Jan 2013)…
13. Blue Cross/Blue Shield Tax Hike ($0.4 bill/Jan 2010)…
14. Excise Tax on Charitable Hospitals (July 2012)…
15. Tax on Innovator Drug Companies ($22.2 bill/Jan 2010)…
16. Tax on Health Insurers ($60.1 bill/Jan 2014)…
17. $500,000 Annual Executive Compensation Limit for Health Insurance Executives ($0.6 bill/Jan 2013)…
18. Employer Reporting of Insurance on W-2(Jan 2011)…
19. Corporate 1099-MISC Information Reporting ($17.1 bill/Jan 2012)…
20. “Black liquor” tax hike (Tax hike of $23.6 billion)….
21. Codification of the “economic substance doctrine” (Tax hike of $4.5 billion)….

Be prepared to pay up!

It's unsustainable along with all the other spending/entitlements and we will be crushed under the debt.

Note that a number of the new taxes kick in after the election.

CLoft239
09-19-2012, 00:40
Obamacare has over 21 New Taxes:

1. Individual Mandate Excise Tax (Jan 2014): Starting in 2014, anyone NOT buying “qualifying” health insurance must pay income surtax.
2. Employer Mandate Tax (Jan 2014)…
3. Surtax on Investment Income ($123 billion/Jan. 2013)…
4. Excise Tax on Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans ($32 bill/Jan 2018)…
5. Hike in Medicare Payroll Tax ($86.8 bill/Jan 2013)…
6. Medicine Cabinet Tax($5 bill/Jan 2011)…
7. HSA Withdrawal Tax Hike ($1.4 bill/Jan 2011)…
8. Flexible Spending Account Cap – aka“Special Needs Kids Tax”($13 bill/Jan 2013)….
9. Tax on Medical Device Manufacturers ($20 bill/Jan 2013)….
10. Raise "Haircut" for Medical Itemized Deduction from 7.5% to 10% of AGI ($15.2 bill/Jan 2013)…
11. Tax on Indoor Tanning Services ($2.7 billion/July 1, 2010)…
12. Elimination of tax deduction for employer-provided retirement Rx drug coverage in coordination with Medicare Part D ($4.5 bill/Jan 2013)…
13. Blue Cross/Blue Shield Tax Hike ($0.4 bill/Jan 2010)…
14. Excise Tax on Charitable Hospitals (July 2012)…
15. Tax on Innovator Drug Companies ($22.2 bill/Jan 2010)…
16. Tax on Health Insurers ($60.1 bill/Jan 2014)…
17. $500,000 Annual Executive Compensation Limit for Health Insurance Executives ($0.6 bill/Jan 2013)…
18. Employer Reporting of Insurance on W-2(Jan 2011)…
19. Corporate 1099-MISC Information Reporting ($17.1 bill/Jan 2012)…
20. “Black liquor” tax hike (Tax hike of $23.6 billion)….
21. Codification of the “economic substance doctrine” (Tax hike of $4.5 billion)….

Be prepared to pay up!

It's unsustainable along with all the other spending/entitlements and we will be crushed under the debt.

Note that a number of the new taxes kick in after the election.

Thank you good sir, you summed up what I was getting at, and you threw in a few bonuses. I owe you a beer.

09-19-2012, 00:49
Thank you good sir, you summed up what I was getting at, and you threw in a few bonuses. I owe you a beer.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".:thumbsup:

We're 16 trillion in debt - about 100% of GDP. running trillion + dollar yearly deficits and our credit rating has taken a hit.

Remember the Debt ceiling crisis and Obama?

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership . Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit."
Then Senator, Barack Obama March 16, 2006

Trew2Life
09-19-2012, 01:05
Twisted Health care taxes (http://www.factcheck.org/2012/07/twisting-health-care-taxes/)... read more from an independent/non-partisian media.

MrGlock21
09-19-2012, 01:16

:rofl: :pepper::cake::horsey::director:

JW1178
09-19-2012, 01:34
Pretty much everyone Mitt PO'd are those who are already voting for Obama. I don't think he LOST any votes, but he might have given energy to a non-motivated Obama supporter which will GAIN votes for Obama.

It's really amazing to me how few people actually vote. We know the nation is about 50/50 between the candidates, but only 1/3 will actually go vote, so you only really need slightly over 1/6th of the people in this country to go vote for you.

09-19-2012, 01:42
Twisted Health care taxes (http://www.factcheck.org/2012/07/twisting-health-care-taxes/)... read more from an independent/non-partisian media.

So, why isn't Obama running on his nearly four years of accomplishments like his signature Obamacare, among others?

JuneyBooney
09-19-2012, 02:08
can't be that bad, Obama called rural America "clinging to guns and bibles" and lost some points with the African American vote by telling them to "take responsibility" and still won the election

That is true.

Peace Warrior
09-19-2012, 02:18
get a clue folks, we never had a choice in the first place.

Electrikkoolaid
09-19-2012, 02:40
http://snoballs.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/i-want-you-to-disagree-and-fight-amongst-each-other.jpg

Despite the soaring rhetoric and scandalous accusations, if anybody here REALLY thinks either party gives a flip about your piddly problems, you're deluded.

As far as "voting" goes: after the Bush/Gore debacle in 2000, the powers-that-be pushed hard for electronic voting. Numerous videos have surfaced since then showing how easily (and frequently) (http://duckduckgo.com/?q=electronic+voting+machine+fraud) these machines can be manipulated, yet frequently NO PAPER TRAIL is ever created to allow suspicious results to be examined after the fact. Open source code? Nah, that's for Commies.

A few years ago, one county somewhere (someone please Google it) ended up with more votes cast than registered voters. Like 20% more! (Who needs to round up warm bodies to vote when you can just type a command and throw an election the modern way?)

...And that doesn't even mention the good old fashioned voter fraud that has gone on essentially forever, yet any common sense solution (like voter ID) sets off waves of howling about "disenfranchising the voters".

...Or the "directed" voting of people who are legally-eligible, but mentally deficient to vote (think group homes, nursing homes, etc. where the staff pencil-whips absentee ballots.) After her death, we discovered my wife's aunt "voted" for 4 years in her nursing home bed, even though she was addled by a stroke and unable to communicate at all.

Despite whatever BS is spewed, once in office BOTH will do exactly what the Big Money Boys tell them to do -- just like always.

This whole "election" thing has about as much significance, and legitimacy, as American Idol.

geminicricket
09-19-2012, 03:40
Romney blow the election? Hell, with Romney telling off-script truth like that I'm finally enthusiastic about him.

Flying-Dutchman
09-19-2012, 04:19
http://snoballs.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/i-want-you-to-disagree-and-fight-amongst-each-other.jpg

Despite the soaring rhetoric and scandalous accusations, if anybody here REALLY thinks either party gives a flip about your piddly problems, you're deluded.

As far as "voting" goes: after the Bush/Gore debacle in 2000, the powers-that-be pushed hard for electronic voting. Numerous videos have surfaced since then showing how easily (and frequently) (http://duckduckgo.com/?q=electronic+voting+machine+fraud) these machines can be manipulated, yet frequently NO PAPER TRAIL is ever created to allow suspicious results to be examined after the fact. Open source code? Nah, that's for Commies.

A few years ago, one county somewhere (someone please Google it) ended up with more votes cast than registered voters. Like 20% more! (Who needs to round up warm bodies to vote when you can just type a command and throw an election the modern way?)

...And that doesn't even mention the good old fashioned voter fraud that has gone on essentially forever, yet any common sense solution (like voter ID) sets off waves of howling about "disenfranchising the voters".

...Or the "directed" voting of people who are legally-eligible, but mentally deficient to vote (think group homes, nursing homes, etc. where the staff pencil-whips absentee ballots.) After her death, we discovered my wife's aunt "voted" for 4 years in her nursing home bed, even though she was addled by a stroke and unable to communicate at all.

Despite whatever BS is spewed, once in office BOTH will do exactly what the Big Money Boys tell them to do -- just like always.

This whole "election" thing has about as much significance, and legitimacy, as American Idol.
Yet you cared enough to type a long post even including a picture; takes less effort to just vote.

Let’s see what happens with someone new.

Restless28
09-19-2012, 04:37
Romney said what most of us here believe and say often. Good on him for it.

But, some of the fellas in the thread are right about the "moderates". This will kill Romney there. He already had the anti-Obama vote, and now he's screwed the pooch.

Obama lampooned him on Letterman last night too.
Mitt just gave the opposition an early Christmas gift.

ETA: I also see we have another DU agent on board, armed with DNC talking points and the weapons of copy and paste.

Flying-Dutchman
09-19-2012, 04:59
Romney said what most of us here believe and say often. Good on him for it.

But, some of the fellas in the thread are right about the "moderates". This will kill Romney there. He already had the anti-Obama vote, and now he's screwed the pooch.

Obama lampooned him on Letterman last night too.
Mitt just gave the opposition an early Christmas gift.

This is what the news media says.

They played “gotcha” cherry picking a couple of statements that can be used again him.

But Romney comes across way better on this tape than he does in public. It may backfire on the media/Obama team (same thing).

Romney needs to talk all the time like he did on this tape.

m51
09-19-2012, 06:03
Romney uncut is impressive. Direct. Knows his stuff. No teleprompter needed. Of Presidential timber.

Actually, the Blaze is saying Mother Jones doctored the tape. Must have cut out the parts that made Romney look too good.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUEHpc6JKw8http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBj0joyCeag

Oh yeah The Blaze is saying they doctored the tape,,lol :rofl:

Bruce H
09-19-2012, 06:15
Telling the truth is a crime above comprehention in politics.

Don Imus was really ragging Romney yesterday morning. Somebody needs to smash dons fancy hat out of his ass from the top.

engineer151515
09-19-2012, 06:18
"With all due respect, sir, I believe this is gonna be our finest hour." - Gene Kranz

johnd
09-19-2012, 06:33
"Despite the soaring rhetoric and scandalous accusations, if anybody here REALLY thinks either party gives a flip about your piddly problems, you're deluded."

^^^^^^^ that about sums it up. Strangely I know less about the cadidates motives here than I ever did when living at the wrong end of an Ak47. At least one understood the message there.

How can they be (allegedly) good people if they are in politics?
Why on earth would anyone want to be a politician? could it be the graft money? is it the free sex with pages and secretaries? free food? free travel? free everything later?

If they cant get anything done and are totally reviled for everything they do, why would anyone want to do that?

Re the OP, isnt it funny how the ( alleged) press here howls when anyone tells the truth?

Maybe we need a new electoral process, maybe a bunch of monkeys throwing poop at names on a wall might pick better.

Ian Moone
09-19-2012, 07:02

Fortunately in this case, the average American voter has a short memory. Let's review the great one's big slip ups in recent months that have already faded ...

You didn't build that

After this election I'll have more flexibility

This is not the end of Romney. This is just the latest diversion to deflect attention off the White House's latest failure ...Libya and the Middle East. Mitt just has to remain on message to deliver the win.

Flying-Dutchman
09-19-2012, 07:08
Oh yeah The Blaze is saying they doctored the tape,,lol :rofl:
The tape jumps and is missing a section; the only question is whether it was intentional.

Every day the media says Romney is doomed over some new incident yet the polls are virtually tied.

kensb2
09-19-2012, 07:19
If the "average American family" already has health insurance (and the 'rich' most certainly either do, or can afford to just pay any hospital bills), then why do we need Obamacare?

Bren
09-19-2012, 07:20
Pretty much everyone Mitt PO'd are those who are already voting for Obama. I don't think he LOST any votes, but he might have given energy to a non-motivated Obama supporter which will GAIN votes for Obama.

No more so than he might have attracted some conservative vboters who were previously going to skip the election or vote third party. I actually think that is more likely.

Bilbo Bagins
09-19-2012, 07:22
I agree that if this hurts Romney in some way, it will be long forgotten when November rolls around. Its very similar to the Obama's , "Rural PA, and midwest people clinging to there guns and religion" comment. Most people offended by those comments were not going to vote for the candidate who said it anyway. There maybe a small minority of supporters that were offended, but it will be water under the bridge when they get in that voting booth.

The BIG thing will be those debates. This Romney gaffe makes me a little nervous that he might say something stupid in the debates.

However, I still think if Romney stays sharp and does not act like a D-bag he should be able to wipe the floor with Obama at the debates.

If Romney crushes Obama at the Debates - Romney wins the WH

If Romney gets crushed by Obama at the Debates - Obama gets elected for a 2nd term.

If its a draw and there is no clear winner or loser then its a close election and who know, but logic still tells me that Romney squeaks out a win. Unfortunately there is nothing logical about the presidential cycle.

Arc Angel
09-19-2012, 07:39
Right now I'm watching the news have a field day on Romney and his remarks on the deadbeat 47%, latinos, and African Americans. Even conservatives have stated he has blown it:crying: He'd better come out swinging on this or he is done:crying:

You've been watching too much television! Other than this, the only place Romney said or did anything wrong IS ON TV. I shouldn't be, but I am a little surprised. The naivety and gullibility of the American people never ceases to amaze me. If the television says it, a hundred million people immediately assume that it's true.

Forget Voter ID cards! From now on every voter should be required to show up with his W-2 form! (Hint: No more Obama) ;)

Z71bill
09-19-2012, 07:39
What about the Obama leaked tape?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/18/obama-loyola-speech-leaked-redistribution_n_1894625.html?1348003636&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D207416

ChuteTheMall
09-19-2012, 08:25
Every day the media says Romney is doomed over some new incident yet the polls are virtually tied.

A close horserace is more profitable for pollsters, media, & pundits. A boring race doesn't get the ratings.

Forget Voter ID cards! From now on every voter should be required to show up with his W-2 form! (Hint: No more Obama) ;)

Why are elections held in November, but taxes are due in April?
How would America change if taxes were due on election day?
Would voters sense any cause & effect between the two?
:headscratch:

MoCop
09-19-2012, 08:50
The people I've talked to about it say they feel Romney didn't say anything wrong. Matter of fact, their conviction to vote for him is even stronger now. I also agree with them. I think it may have helped him.

Diesel McBadass
09-19-2012, 09:11
This is simple politics, every candidate says similar things behind closed doors. Obama is probably bashing some rich people with donors right now.

Peace Warrior
09-19-2012, 09:53
A close horse race is more profitable for pollsters, media, & pundits. A boring race doesn't get the ratings. ...
This^

How else does anyone think Sarah Palin made it onto the previous ticket? Now you know...

ETA: Additionally, romney will be able to come back and run again in 2016 if the media pretends he made a good, albeit losing run this year.

Peace Warrior
09-19-2012, 10:48
For those who are without the truth, here is what romney actually said. He did not mention anyone's race that I was able to hear.

Mitt Romney on Obama Voters - YouTube

Bilbo Bagins
09-19-2012, 11:22
I found this AP story funny. Its bad when the AP even mentions that Obama "Allies" are pushing the story.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-politics/20120918/US.Presidential.Campaign/?cid=hero_media

The Middle east is blowing up and we may go to war with China but nevermind that Romney is bad because he is busting on people on the government dole

Arc Angel
09-19-2012, 11:23
A close horserace is more profitable for pollsters, media, & pundits. A boring race doesn't get the ratings.

Why are elections held in November, but taxes are due in April?
How would America change if taxes were due on election day?
Would voters sense any cause & effect between the two? :headscratch:

If Americans (real Americans) were required to prove they were actual taxpaying citizens BEFORE they were allowed to vote the entire social fabric and economics of this nation would be forced to change for the better!

I don't even like Mitt Romney; but, it's obvious to me that the organized news media is, 'Hell bent for leather' determined to do a televised media, 'hatchet job' on him. The moment you turn on your TV set, Obama can do no wrong, and Romney can do nothing right. It's that blatant, and that simple! :freak:

kensb2
09-19-2012, 11:34
For those who are without the truth, here is what romney actually said. He did not mention anyone's race that I was able to hear.

Mitt Romney on Obama Voters - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU9V6eOFO38&feature=player_embedded)

Sure sounds a whole lot different, when put into context! Thanks for the link PW!

NMOFT
09-19-2012, 16:02

I don't care who ya are, that right there's funny.

Dragoon189
09-19-2012, 16:08
he angered a group that won't vote/vote for him so I don't care. Republicans for senate, that is what we need

tantrix
09-19-2012, 16:23
Romney blew the election when he got nominated.

GlockPistola
09-19-2012, 20:51
So Romney & supporters may be upset that 47% don't pay income tax, I am upset that it is not 100% who don't pay.

Scott3670
09-19-2012, 22:47
So Romney & supporters may be upset that 47% don't pay income tax, I am upset that it is not 100% who don't pay.

I completely agree. And this should apply to corporations as well as citizens.

Ummagumma
09-20-2012, 05:16
Read somewhere a great quote (don't recall whom it is attributed to) from the times when George Bush Sr was running for President:

"He was born with a silver foot in his mouth. "

Fits Mittens like a glove :)

Although Daddy Bush was a far better Pres than any of the clowns, dimwits and community organizers competing in elections since 2000.

Bren
09-20-2012, 05:25
I heard of a poll on that comment that said 75% agreed with Romney. It's like when Reagan would tell a politically incorrect truth, the MSM would call it a 'gaffe', and normal people loved it.

While the lefties keep saying "this remark lost him the election," I have hope that this remark could help put him over the top. Secretly, I think they believe the same, which is why they are so fired up about it - to the point of deliberately lying about what was said to fool those who won't check the facts (i.e., claiming he said "latinos and african americans").

BSA70
09-20-2012, 10:35
Rush Limbaugh just stated he is not handeling the situation right. He is running scared instead to using it to his advantage.

What's wrong with this clown, is this the best we have?:steamed:

cangler
09-20-2012, 11:46
I still believe Mitt has the election, lets not panic! Don't write him off and not vote, just vote!

Bilbo Bagins
09-20-2012, 11:46
Romney blew the election when he got nominated.

Out of the field of GOP Primary candidates, he still is the best hope we got.

I doubt Newt, Bachmann, Santorium, or Paul could muster up more than 20% of the US vote.

I still believe Mitt has the election, lets not panic! Don't write him off and not vote, just vote!

He really needs to focus on the fact that he will be a better choice to improve the US economy. I'm also getting nervous at the fact that he is focusing hard on OH, FL and VA while almost ignoring PA and other swing states. With good marketing, I really think Romney could take PA.

He has got to stop playing the catch up game, and he really needs to stand up and act like he is a viable candidate.

I still think the debates will make or break his chance at winning.

kat1950
09-20-2012, 12:56
Great video, he told the truth.

Flying-Dutchman
09-20-2012, 13:03
The new media/Obama campaign (one in the same) is hitting Romney with everything they have.

Yet the polls are tied 47% to 47%.

BSA70
09-20-2012, 13:11
The new media/Obama campaign (one in the same) is hitting Romney with everything they have.

That's my whole problem with this mess. Why in the world is it 50/50? Given the track record of obama. It should be 20/80. Mitch is a clown:crying:

sheriff733
09-20-2012, 13:14
That's my whole problem with this mess. Why in the world is it 50/50? Given the track record of obama. It should be 20/80. Half of the American population is a clown:crying:

Mitch?

Anyways, I fixed that for you.

BSA70
09-20-2012, 13:27
Mitch?

Anyways, I fixed that for you.

MITCH-that's a nickname he has been given..

Diesel McBadass
09-20-2012, 14:39
Just wait till he rips obama apart at the debates, not that itll matter, hell jus say hope or change and his followers will bow down. not many thinkers in the obama camp.

CBennett
09-20-2012, 14:54
yeah, if the guy loses the election its not because of that crap lol.

lethal tupperwa
09-20-2012, 14:58
have you heard the UNEDITED recording?

tantrix
09-20-2012, 14:58
Out of the field of GOP Primary candidates, he still is the best hope we got.

I doubt Newt, Bachmann, Santorium, or Paul could muster up more than 20% of the US vote.

Nobody wanted Romney the first time, and they're not going to want him now. Not to mention, just the fact that HE is the GOP candidate shows how screwed we are.

But, we're screwed either way, because apparently American voters had to pick the guy with the best hair instead of the guy best for the job.

My gut says Obama gets his 2nd term, and honestly...we deserve it.

09-20-2012, 15:06
Nobody wanted Romney the first time, and they're not going to want him now. Not to mention, just the fact that HE is the GOP candidate shows how screwed we are.

But, we're screwed either way, because apparently American voters had to pick the guy with the best hair instead of the guy best for the job.

My gut says Obama gets his 2nd term, andhonestly...we deserve it.

Are you a Ron Paul supporter?

tantrix
09-20-2012, 15:12
Are you a Ron Paul supporter?

Actually I'm voting Gary Johnson, but yeah I'd vote Ron Paul too.

I don't vote like a lemming.

Trew2Life
09-20-2012, 16:15
If you think that the remaining percentage of voters NOT included in the '47%' really agree with Mitt's philosophy then you're deluding yourself.

The only ones who really support this 47% exclusion are at the base of the Republican party. Most Independents reject this idea and it will cost him voters.

Personally, I hope he sticks by it. Double, triple, quadruple down on it; run with it in the debates.

turretg
09-20-2012, 16:22

I feel the polls lie.... I think Romney is in the lead. I don't trust the BO's media.

WarCry
09-20-2012, 16:32
The minority stuff is a second issue that some folks seem to be getting confused. The 47% speech is from back in May, and as many have pointed out Gov Romney said nothing about race in that speech.

Where the OTHER part is coming from is a "joke" he told just a few nights ago:

"My dad, as you probably know, was the governor of Michigan and was the head of a car company. But he was born in Mexico ... and had he been born of Mexican parents, I'd have a better shot at winning this. But he was unfortunately born to Americans living in Mexico. He lived there for a number of years. I mean, I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino."

I don't know if anyone cares about this comment or not, just thought I'd post it to clarify where (I think) some of the confusion was coming from....

JW1178
09-20-2012, 18:10
I think a big problem with the republicans is they try to offer a warm hand to those who won't even give them a chance.nb Obama is/was smart enough to know to play to his base. He doesn't care about us hard working people and gun carriers, he knows we won't vote for him. Perhaps Romney has seen the light?

lethal tupperwa
09-20-2012, 18:44
so you divide the vote that could win?

kat1950
09-20-2012, 19:38
If you think that the remaining percentage of voters NOT included in the '47%' really agree with Mitt's philosophy then you're deluding yourself.

The only ones who really support this 47% exclusion are at the base of the Republican party. Most Independents reject this idea and it will cost him voters.

Personally, I hope he sticks by it. Double, triple, quadruple down on it; run with it in the debates.

The LIBERAL TROLL is back, what happened did your contract expire on MSNBC, I know you still have that thrill going up your leg, hand in hand with Chris Matthews and Barney Frank.

Truly all you liberals deserve Obama, he will help you, if he gets elected we will see the middle class suffering as they never have suffered before, all the money corporate America is holding back will go over seas to countries with better business economies especially since we have dropped to 18th in the world,they will not be hiring here in this country,that and along with the lay offs that will come, you will be screwed. Get ready you liberal incompetents you want it and it is coming.

GAFinch
09-20-2012, 19:45

My gut says Obama gets his 2nd term, and honestly...we deserve it.

Everyone in this country with internet access got fully educated on every plank of RP's platform, whether they wanted to or not. He was on the ballot in every state, he got invited to every debate, he got airtime on Fox News, he got invited to Fox News interviews along with the other candidates. He's a senile, half-liberal/half-conservative anarchist who people thought wasn't presidential material. There just aren't very many fiscally conservative, atheist potheads in this country.

GAFinch
09-20-2012, 19:48

What about the CNBC poll cited on page 3 that showed a 75% approval rating for his comments?

Bilbo Bagins
09-20-2012, 20:24
I think a big problem with the republicans is they try to offer a warm hand to those who won't even give them a chance.nb Obama is/was smart enough to know to play to his base. He doesn't care about us hard working people and gun carriers, he knows we won't vote for him. Perhaps Romney has seen the light?

+1 That was what he was getting at with his "people clinging to guns and Religion" comments in the 2008 cycle. Romney is pretty much saying the same thing, just the polar opposite.

People are very polarized, 45% will vote for Obama no mater what, 45% will vote for Romney no mater what, its that 10% he needs to work on.

Still I'm getting sick how the media is lingering on this for a week now. They are pushing that Romney is sunk by the comments, while Obama's "Guns and Religion" comment got maybe 2 days of play and was quickly dismissed as being somewhat true.

I think its all a smoke screen. Keep the public focused on the Romney's 47% comment while the economy goes in the toilet and embassies overseas burn.

Peace Warrior
09-21-2012, 02:47
so you divide the vote that could win?
IMHO, your definition of "win" is lacking. (please, no charlie sheen jokes)

Also, please define "win," per romney winning in the election, juxtaposed to barry soetoro remaining in the white house, BUT, first look at what has occurred in our nation's white house for the last six decades.

The old line, "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" comes to mind. barry soetoro merely rubber stamped everything that bushII instituted or rubber stamped from the administration prior to his arrival. Due to the time frames and the mass media's omissions or forced oppression on the sheeple, soetoro was able to actually go further with the things bushII began.

Whatever either one of these clowns promises they will do, or "change," is the exact opposite of what happens when they get there. Don't be so gullible as to think there is going to be a difference between these two figureheads. If romney even had a snow ball's chance in hell of getting into the white house, which he don't in 2012, they would make him into a puppet or kill him off for trying to do things other than what they want done. You want romney in the white house? Wait till 2016 when he actually has a shot while going up against hillary klinton.

They = united nations/new world order crony capitalists.

Peace Warrior
09-21-2012, 02:52

I don't vote like a lemming.
:thumbsup:

berto62
09-21-2012, 09:33
http://www.whatnowtoons.com/images/Mitt-Romneys-47_percent.jpg

wjv
09-21-2012, 10:03

CNBC Poll: 75% of readers Agree with Romney's Comments About the 47%

sheriff733
09-21-2012, 10:07
CNBC Poll: 75% of readers Agree with Romney's Comments About the 47%

So it's probably easily 85%.

johnd
09-21-2012, 11:10
I feel the polls lie.... I think Romney is in the lead. I don't trust the BO's media.

Of course they lie, they are in love with him and his machine/handlers tell them what to report. Same for the press, another bunch of liars in Obamas handlers back pocket.

Id bet that when he loses the election they will report he won. They will say hes ahead going into the election even if he was at 0% just to get the braindeads to think they are backing a winner.

Paul53
09-21-2012, 14:50
It's Obamas fault!

Trew2Life
09-21-2012, 15:09
Suddenly, everyone's a pollster. Ha! Well like I said, I hope he doubles, triples, and quadruples down on his comments and cashs them in at the debates.

I'm going to love Mitt's concession speech.

meleors
09-21-2012, 15:50
Much to my suprise did I find a forum filled with Conservative minded/Obama-bashers.
A gun forum filled with conservatives and Obama bashers. A surprise to you? You don't think much, do you?
Want liberals? Go to the bead stringing forum!

Trew2Life
09-21-2012, 16:04
A gun forum filled with conservatives and Obama bashers. A surprise to you? You don't think much, do you?
Want liberals? Go to the bead stringing forum!

I think too freely. I didn't believe the stereotype that is portrayed of many gun owners. I guess I had to see it for myself.

BSA70
09-23-2012, 06:44
Maybe it is where I live. But I have yet to see an Obama camp. Everyone I talk to hates O, don't like Romney but will support him.

Then you see the polls and it shows Big O having a bunch of support.:whistling:

Flying-Dutchman
09-23-2012, 07:48
Maybe it is where I live. But I have yet to see an Obama camp. Everyone I talk to hates O, don't like Romney but will support him.

Then you see the polls and it shows Big O having a bunch of support.:whistling:
I also do not know anyone voting for Obama over a wide range of people I deal with.

And this third party “Cult of Paul” is unique to Glock Talk; I just do not see it in real life.

Pushing a third party this close to the election is a trick to suppress Conservative votes for Romney.

Sam Spade
09-23-2012, 08:13
I think too freely.

No you don't.

SDGlock23
09-23-2012, 08:21
It should be clear by now that our Presidents are not elected, they're selected.

Maxx702
09-23-2012, 08:36
Perception is the new reality and the media is going all out portraying Obama to be much more popular than he normally would be. At the same time, everything coming out of Romney's mouth will be spun as some sort of gaffe.

I don't have a good feeling about the fact the polls have them even. IMO the democrat cheat machine is good for at least 5% with the illegal voters and their other assorted dirty tricks.

The political pendulum used to swing back and forth, but I beleive the scales have been tipped with all the people now on the public dole and the anti-capitalist movement the democrats have unleashed upon us.

If Obama gets a second term and the Dems regain control of congress, God help us all.

Maxx702
09-23-2012, 08:38
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BdN8IAzeJ6A/UFjoNJPV4aI/AAAAAAAAGqM/1bsT-sHvb-Y/s640/Yawn-of-a-New-Day

Stang_Man
09-23-2012, 09:05

I don't think he mentioned race anywhere in there.

There are freeloaders in EVERY race :dunno:

AgentM79
09-23-2012, 09:09
Freeloaders are killing this country. When freeloaders become the majority, there will never be a chance to right the ship at the ballot box, only by revolt (hence the gun control push)

47% isn't far from majority.

Well-spoken!! Let's pray it doesn't come to any of that.

Deerjager
09-23-2012, 09:25
Mitt spoke the truth. It's so rare for a politician to speak the truth that the MSM is befuddled by it.

Exactly!

hd67xlch
09-23-2012, 10:12
Ive busted my ***** for 30 years worked to make a good life for me and my family, paid way more than my fair share of taxes, have never voted anything but GOP, but Ive had it. Its not that I like Obama, I dont, its those tax figures Romney released this week, he paid less than 15% on almost 14 million in income, well I dont make near 14 million, but do make enough to be in a 25% tax bracket, and yes this pisses me off. Now Im not naive and know that the super rich have been doing this with taxes forever, and that they are following the tax laws, but it still pisses me off. Im not saying Im voting Obama, but am saying its not right, and I will not support Romney for this reason.

later

I

DanaT
09-23-2012, 10:21
Ive busted my ***** for 30 years worked to make a good life for me and my family, paid way more than my fair share of taxes, have never voted anything but GOP, but Ive had it. Its not that I like Obama, I dont, its those tax figures Romney released this week, he paid less than 15% on almost 14 million in income, well I dont make near 14 million, but do make enough to be in a 25% tax bracket, and yes this pisses me off. Now Im not naive and know that the super rich have been doing this with taxes forever, and that they are following the tax laws, but it still pisses me off. Im not saying Im voting Obama, but am saying its not right, and I will not support Romney for this reason.

later

I

Where you are wrong.

Romney paid mostly CAPITAL GAINS tax; not income tax. All capital gains are taxed at 15%. If you have interest income from the bank that you declare, that is capital gains. If you sell stock, that is capital gains.

And I suspect that even if you are in the 25% bracket, you likely paid about 15% of you total income. The bracket is determined AFTER deduction. So take your BEFORE TAX and BEFORE DEDUCTION income and compare the amount of tax you paid to those numbers to get an accurate comparison to what percentage Mitt paid.

hd67xlch
09-23-2012, 10:33
Where you are wrong.

Romney paid mostly CAPITAL GAINS tax; not income tax. All capital gains are taxed at 15%. If you have interest income from the bank that you declare, that is capital gains. If you sell stock, that is capital gains.

And I suspect that even if you are in the 25% bracket, you likely paid about 15% of you total income. The bracket is determined AFTER deduction. So take your BEFORE TAX and BEFORE DEDUCTION income and compare the amount of tax you paid to those numbers to get an accurate comparison to what percentage Mitt paid.

Im fully aware of what capital gains taxes are, I pay them on stocks I sell. Im also a 50 year old white male with a 50 year old white wife, with no children living at home, and no mortgage, so basically we have no deductions worth noting, so I do pay the 25% tax.

later

Trew2Life
09-23-2012, 10:49

later

I

:agree:

jdavionic
09-23-2012, 10:52
This is a war for power. The tape release is just another small battle. It was out there for some time and kept hidden until the time was right. I have to expect that it's one of many. The GOP is not used to Chicago politics. They better learn quickly.

Bren
09-23-2012, 12:38

later

I

His 2011 tax return is on his web site. It shows $9,007,709 in taxable income and $1,935,708 in taxes, so that's more like 21.5%. Naturally, it sounds like a bigger deal if you use his AGI, which includes income that is tax exempt and leaves out his deductions.
http://www.mittromney.com/disclosure/mitt/tax-return/2011/wmr-adr-return
Aside from that, see DanaT's note, above - Romney's income was mostly capital gains. The people making a big deal about him paying 15% KNOW that capital gains and eligible dividends are taxed at 15%, at the highest, for everybody rich enough to pay more than the much lower percentages mom and pop pay on a few shares of walmart stock. Those people are trying to BS you into thinking he gets around paying taxes because he's rich. He got around paying more in taxes because he wasn't earning an income - 100% of his taxes were on interest, dividends and sales of stock he owned.

By the way, that 15% tax rate was based on a reduction from the Bush years that Obama signed an extension of in 2010. So, ironically, the man who gave him the 15% tax rate is now trying to use it against him. Mitt Romney followed the tax laws we made for him. Why would he pay more than the United States decided he has to pay? He wasn't even part of the government that made the laws. Did you throw anything extra in with what you owed on your income last year?

Here's a nother perspective:
Mitt Romney v. Welfare recipient John Smith - who do you think uses more services from the government, paid for with tax dollars? Welfare/food stamp, police, military protection, public facilities, medicaid, etc.? In each category, John Smith is using more services than Mitt Romney, yet he paid nothing in taxes and may have even got an earned income bonus back, over and above any taxes he paid in during the year. Mitt Romney paid almost $2,000,000 to support those same programs, but I'll bet he doesn't have a food stamp or meeidcal card and I'll bet the police hardly ever have to answer a call at his house. Yet you think it's unfair that MItt Romney didn't pay even more than $1,935,708 for the exact same entitlement to services that John Smith gets paid to accept. How much did you pay for your share of the government services Romney paid nearly $2 million for? Are you sure about that claim that you always voted GOP?

The end result of your decision is - one vote for Obama will go unanswered by a potential vote for Romney. Thanks for supporting Obama.

tog
09-23-2012, 12:44
OH ... I'm sorry. Did I upset the balance of lifelong NRA/right wingers? Didn't mean to. I didn't even think about political affliations when I joined this club. Just thought it would be interesting to socialize with other Glockers.

liberty loving anti statists thank you

tog
09-23-2012, 12:45

later

I

whiny babies like you trying to drag others down instead of just doing what YOU need to are THE prime example of the free**** army that is killing this country

you might not be a part of it---but you voting for statist scumbags like obama allow it

aspartz
09-23-2012, 12:49
One of the few things that Romney has said that I agree with, and the GOP is running away from it. Is there any wonder the fiscal conservatives are running from the GOP?

ARS

Chris Brines
09-23-2012, 13:07

Blown it my a**. He made a perfectly rational statement. He never mentioned any minority groups that I heard...maybe I didn't hear his whole statement, but I didn't hear him say the word "Latinos/AA's" at all. What he said is the truth. He'll neither gain nor lose any support for that remark. I actually have a little more respect for him now. And some current polls show them tied at 50/50.

Trew2Life
09-23-2012, 13:15
Yes. Everyone please encourage Mitt Romney to continue campaigning on his 47% remarks. It will help offset the number of [D] voters lost due to the Voter ID laws.:cool:

sheriff733
09-23-2012, 13:27
^^^Added to ignore list.

I love that feature.

Averageman
09-23-2012, 13:33
Yes. Everyone please encourage Mitt Romney to continue campaigning on his 47% remarks. It will help offset the number of [D] voters lost due to the Voter ID laws.:cool:
The modern equilivant of Jim Crow Laws aren't the Republicans demanding voter ID.
The Jim Crow Equilivant is Democrats stuffing the ballot boxes with illeagle votes again and again.
This nullifies every legitimate vote by U.S. Citizens and they justify it with the race card.
Getting people off public assistance and in to a paying job with a living wage isn't going to be accomplished by President Obama. It hasn't worked in three years and four more wont fix it.
You can't control people who are economically not dependant on a hand-out to feed their kids.

Dawolf
09-23-2012, 14:47
The truth is the truth. FDR did what B.O. is doing, with well over 10% unemployment, but was giving out handouts like candy on Halloween.

Trew2Life
09-23-2012, 14:54
The modern equilivant of Jim Crow Laws aren't the Republicans demanding voter ID.
The Jim Crow Equilivant is Democrats stuffing the ballot boxes with illeagle votes again and again.
This nullifies every legitimate vote by U.S. Citizens and they justify it with the race card.
Getting people off public assistance and in to a paying job with a living wage isn't going to be accomplished by President Obama. It hasn't worked in three years and four more wont fix it.
You can't control people who are economically not dependant on a hand-out to feed their kids.

You can try to rationalize that the best way you know how. It's obvious, the R's are very disingenious with their concerns of voter fraud and prevention.

This particular thread is about whether or not Mitt Romney's 47% remark (and other 'off the cuff' revealations) have cost him the election.

Calculating the net loss of D's turned away by Voter ID, plus the net gain of I's turned away by Mitt's insensitivity divided by the sum of R's who never really turned toward this Massechuettes Moderate = BHO gets another turn.

pesticidal
09-23-2012, 15:16

later

I

You may be in the 25% tax bracket, but it's progressive. Take your fed tax and divide it by you gross income. Now where ya at?

Jade Falcon
09-23-2012, 15:45

All he did was speak truth, and people are afraid of the truth.

kswiss2783
09-23-2012, 17:05
I don't want either of those clowns to win.

Chris Brines
09-23-2012, 17:35
Not wanting to vote for Romney is understandable. Not wanting to vote for Romney, but WANTING to vote for Obama, is beyond baffling, it's just downright STUPID.

Lockback
09-23-2012, 17:42

later

I

Please, please please don't vote foe Barack Abominable.

Providence
09-23-2012, 17:43
I'm actually growing more fond of Romney/Ryan. They don't want the level of freedom I want, but this week helped me like them better. I really liked both "mis-statements."

I think this election will come down to who votes. That's why we are being told that Romney/Ryan have no chance. Whoever gets out the vote wins.

Averageman
09-23-2012, 18:11
You can try to rationalize that the best way you know how. It's obvious, the R's are very disingenious with their concerns of voter fraud and prevention.

This particular thread is about whether or not Mitt Romney's 47% remark (and other 'off the cuff' revealations) have cost him the election.
Well, you brought up the voter fraud issue first; I was just addressing your comment.

Calculating the net loss of D's turned away by Voter ID, plus the net gain of I's turned away by Mitt's insensitivity divided by the sum of R's who never really turned toward this Massechuettes Moderate = BHO gets another turn.
I would say that the MSM is working hard to get four more years for Obama.
Republicans are going to vote Republican regardless. The Moderate vote is what is important in this election.
If telling the truth about the 47% makes any difference, it shows Romney and Ryan are serious about getting our fiscal house in order. I think many undecided people see that much more responcable than a President who has no budget and no foreign policy.

Trew2Life
09-23-2012, 18:28
I would say that the MSM is working hard to get four more years for Obama.
Republicans are going to vote Republican regardless. The Moderate vote is what is important in this election.
If telling the truth about the 47% makes any difference, it shows Romney and Ryan are serious about getting our fiscal house in order. I think many undecided people see that much more responcable than a President who has no budget and no foreign policy.

The MSM doesn't have to really do much work. Romney provides his own material. These aren't 'gotcha' questions.
The Rights misjudgement is in who they believe make up the 47%. Do you think Romney is just referring to those on Food Assistance and welfare programs? There's a lot of retirees, students, elderly and hard working people who don't have a federal income tax liability. A lot of moderates do not appreciate being labled a victim and described as a social parasite.

Averageman
09-23-2012, 18:48
The MSM doesn't have to really do much work. Romney provides his own material. These aren't 'gotcha' questions.
The Rights misjudgement is in who they believe make up the 47%. Do you think Romney is just referring to those on Food Assistance and welfare programs? There's a lot of retirees, students, elderly and hard working people who don't have a federal income tax liability. A lot of moderates do not appreciate being labled a victim and described as a social parasite.
I think hardworking Americans can see who the 47% are and they are getting a bit tired of it.
Mitt's words can be secretly taped to attain a "Gotcha" moment, but in the end we are being scammed by a lot of folks who take advantage of the system. I think most people see that and want it fixed.
In the shape we are currently in, we cannot affoard to go on another four years without a budget or some serious tax reforms.
I dont think many honest people heard 47% and thought, "Yep, he's talking about me."

frostyicy
09-23-2012, 19:53
This thread is 100% proof that rampant racism in the United States will always exist.

Smh....it's 2012 not 1912.

tantrix
09-23-2012, 19:56
This thread is 100% proof that rampant racism in the United States will always exist.

Racism is alive and well in every part of the country, both North and South, East and West...however, that really doesn't mean anything when it comes to Obama ruining the country. I don't like Obama or Romney and I'm not voting for either one of them regardless of what they say/said.

Trew2Life
09-23-2012, 19:56
I think hardworking Americans can see who the 47% are and they are getting a bit tired of it.
Mitt's words can be secretly taped to attain a "Gotcha" moment, but in the end we are being scammed by a lot of folks who take advantage of the system. I think most people see that and want it fixed.
In the shape we are currently in, we cannot affoard to go on another four years without a budget or some serious tax reforms.
I dont think many honest people heard 47% and thought, "Yep, he's talking about me."

You're right about one thing. "In the end we are being scammed by a lot of folks who take advantage of the system":
The poor who scam us for food, clothing and shelter.
The rich who scam us for tax breaks, loopholes and offshore accounts, and the politicians who play both ends against each other.

But you're wrong about something else. Most moderates don't mind feeding the hungry, clothing the naked and housing the homeless. What all Americans should object to is the hypocrisy of the wealthy who take advantage of tax loopholes, shelters and offshore accounts - at the expense of all taxpayers - and complain about the least among us who struggle to survive.

Averageman
09-23-2012, 20:23
You're right about one thing. "In the end we are being scammed by a lot of folks who take advantage of the system":
The rich who scam us for tax breaks, loopholes and offshore accounts, and the politicians who play both ends against each other.

But you're wrong about something else. Most moderates don't mind feeding the hungry, clothing the naked and housing the homeless. What all Americans should object to is the hypocrisy of the wealthy who take advantage of tax loopholes, shelters and offshore accounts - at the expense of all taxpayers - and complain about the least among us who struggle to survive.
You can be poor, I have been poor and you can quit thinking poor and build a life for yourself.
You can still better yourself in this country, how many times do you see an immigrent come here with nothing but a will to work and to achieve and
end up a small business owner?
What many of that 47% have lost is the backbone it takes for hardwork and self improvement.
I dont care what any Man does with his money, or where he sends it to work for him and his family. Jealousy and envy do not assist the poor, it only cripples them from trying to achieve. The wedge being driven between the classes helps no one.

Reaper_69
09-24-2012, 05:46
Really?

Thought for a minute that I was reading posts on MSNBC or HuffPo, the stupidity of the American electorate, which is almost eager to have the Main stream media tell them what to think, is appalling and offensive to anyone with an active braincell!
The left wing media, which is actually just an extension of the Obama regime's ministry of propaganda is in full swing, and the weak minded public who can't think beyond the last media matters sound bite, are swallowing the garbage!
If the American public are willing to believe the obvious lies of the Obama campaign, we will deserve the pathetic governance we get !

Bilbo Bagins
09-24-2012, 10:55

+1

Especially the racism, when its assumed that the 47% comment is referring to African American, even though according to the 2010 if you add up ALL minorities they only make up 37% of the US population.
http://www.nationaljournal.com/thenextamerica/demographics/census-minorities-constitute-37-percent-of-u-s-population-20120517

And the racism when politicans and pundits say voter ID laws hurt African Americans. Like somehow black people have an inability to drive or get another form of photo ID.

Democrats are pretty racist when you think about it.

DanaT
09-24-2012, 11:27

Are you claiming that you have never taken the standard deduction, house interest deduction, charitable giving deduction, child tax credit, etc etc etc? If you have taken these tax loopholes, you must be a scammer.

kat1950
09-24-2012, 11:54

You mean like Obama Pal Tony Rezko Sentenced to 10.5 Years in Federal Prison.

series1811
09-24-2012, 12:19
You mean like Obama Pal Tony Rezko Sentenced to 10.5 Years in Federal Prison.

I don't think the Obama supporters like to talk about Rezko too much.

That whole Chicago poltical machine thing, and how Obama used them to get ahead, while never reciprocating with the normal poltical deals and corruption expected of members, kind of befuddles them.

billn
09-24-2012, 14:36
Obama is a shoe in...The GOP gave us an idiot to vote for. The sad part is Obama is not worth a darn too.

Providence
09-24-2012, 14:59
I'd vote for Elmer Fudd over a socialist/communist/statist or whatever you want to call Pres. Obama. I don't think our Republic can last another 4 years under him. Romney wouldn't be my first choice, but I'm willing to give him a chance. Obama even makes Bush look good.

Please vote! It's that important!

Bren
09-24-2012, 15:07
But you're wrong about something else. Most moderates don't mind feeding the hungry, clothing the naked and housing the homeless.

It's a question of perspective. From where you stand, the people I consider left-wing communist hippes look more like "moderates."

What all Americans should object to is the hypocrisy of the wealthy who take advantage of tax loopholes, shelters and offshore accounts - at the expense of all taxpayers - and complain about the least among us who struggle to survive.

In other words, people who go to the trouble and expense of following the laws we pass exactly the way they are written. That is a foolish complaint. Do you send in extra money when you pay your taxes or decline to take your deductions because America needs the money?

Trew2Life
09-24-2012, 15:45
There are cheaters, scammers and mouchers at both ends of the economic ladder. People aren't poor because they think poor is fun. I have worked all my life and served in the military. I have contributed to the system for 30 years+ so, yeah .. I do feel like I'm due something.
So, unless '47%' is Right wing code for, "We don't mean you. We mean the other guy", Mitt Romney doesn't care about me and I'm a victim. Good luck running with that.

Goaltender66
09-24-2012, 15:48
There are cheaters, scammers and mouchers at both ends of the economic ladder. People aren't poor because they think poor is fun. I have worked all my life and served in the military. [B]I have contributed to the system for 30 years+ so, yeah .. I do feel like I'm due something. [\b]
So, unless '47%' is Right wing code for, "We don't mean you. We mean the other guy", Mitt Romney doesn't care about me and I'm a victim. Good luck running with that.

Curious....

What, exactly, do I "owe" you?

Trew2Life
09-24-2012, 16:07
Curious....

What, exactly, do I "owe" you?

"You" don't owe me a thing, but I am 'owed' for 30+ years of Social Security and Medicare payments or is that part of the needy/entitlement victims that Mitt Romney discards.

tantrix
09-24-2012, 16:53
Obama is a shoe in...The GOP gave us an idiot to vote for. The sad part is Obama is not worth a darn too.

You are probably right. If I had to bet right now, my money says Obama wins his 2nd term...period.

But, it's the American voters fault. If they can't put up a better candidate than Romney to get us out of this rut, we deserve 4 more years of Obama.

Maybe in 2016 the voters will have their heads out of their asses and nominate someone that will actually make a difference instead of blow hot air.

vtducrider
09-24-2012, 16:54
"You" don't owe me a thing, but I am 'owed' for 30+ years of Social Security and Medicare payments or is that part of the needy/entitlement victims that Mitt Romney discards.

Social Security benefits are not the same as Welfare benefits. I didn't take the 47% to mean people like you. But that maybe where the problem is for Mitt - the media wants people like you to think you are part of that 47%.

dhoomonyou
09-24-2012, 16:55
I thought that was monica lewinskys job.

Tongo
09-24-2012, 17:03

Hey, I'm paying in to SS and Medicare and I am 99.99% certain that I will never see a dime of that back in any way, shape, or form. Welcome to my world.

Goaltender66
09-24-2012, 17:23

And where do you think that money is coming from?

Bren
09-24-2012, 17:33
There are cheaters, scammers and mouchers at both ends of the economic ladder. People aren't poor because they think poor is fun. I have worked all my life and served in the military. I have contributed to the system for 30 years+ so, yeah .. I do feel like I'm due something.

You realize the "47%" referred to people who were going to vote Obama, no matter what, and who were doing so mainly because they live off of government handouts, right?

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. - Mitt Romney

You're saying that you are one of those people? Because those people are POS's and worth a lot less to most of us than they are to Romney.

Or did some liberal tell you he talked about the bottom 47% economically, and you failed to check and see if you were being lied to? (not to mention, if you work, you probably aren't part of that 47% either).

Another interesting thing I found while searching for the exact Romney quote is that the Obama team has already made a campaign commercial out of it, where they take it out of context (talking about the need to convince people to vote for him) and try to imply that he means he doesn't care about what happens to that 47% as a potential president. I guess they are so routinely dishonest, that's probably the truth, by an Obama/Dem standard.

Averageman
09-24-2012, 18:14
On the way home tonight I heard that Mitt Romney had given 4 million in donations to charity.
$4,000,000 in one year.

Joe Biden less than $4000,.......ughhhhh yeah;,,,,,thats ummmmmm $4K over ten years. Like a One hundred and one cents a day folks.
They dont help the poor because they are so generous with their own money, why be generous with my tax dollars?

because it buys votes!

Trew2Life
09-24-2012, 18:19
Mitt Romney described the 47% in 3 distinct groups:

Those who pay no federal income tax? Yep. That's me. I'm part of the vast majority who have below average earnings; one of the 9 out of 10 who earn less than $50K

People who get federal benefits? Yep. That's me, too. I believe I am entitled to health care and 'you name it'. I've been contributing to health care and 'you name it' for 30+ years.

Likely Obama Voters? Three for 3. Like me, there are many other Obama supporters who may have supported BHO in '08 but may think he's not the man for the job in '12. Well, Mitt Romney proved he's not interested in them either.

47% is a lot of people, about 30 million voters. A small percentage of them receive food stamps (about 16%). An even smaller number of them (about 2%) are actual fraud or abuse.

Mitt Romney choose to denegrate 29.4 Million people for the actions of 600 thousand.

billn
09-24-2012, 18:32
You pay into SS and if you life long enough you get your $ back in the form of a retirement. It is not a ponzi scheme where the $ are gone. It is also disability insurance is you become disable you can draw. If you die your kids and wife might quality for SS benefits so they will not starve to death.

Goaltender66
09-24-2012, 18:53

Those who pay no federal income tax? Yep. That's me. I'm part of the vast majority who have below average earnings; one of the 9 out of 10 who earn less than $50K

People who get federal benefits? Yep. That's me, too. I believe I am entitled to health care and 'you name it'. I've been contributing to health care and 'you name it' for 30+ years.

Likely Obama Voters? Three for 3. Like me, there are many other Obama supporters who may have supported BHO in '08 but may think he's not the man for the job in '12. Well, Mitt Romney proved he's not interested in them either.

47% is a lot of people, about 30 million voters. A small percentage of them receive food stamps (about 16%). An even smaller number of them (about 2%) are actual fraud or abuse.

Mitt Romney choose to denegrate 29.4 Million people for the actions of 600 thousand.
No, he said that people who are either trapped in a culture of entitlement or who buy into it aren't going to respond to a message of lower taxes, less government, more freedom, and more personal responsibility.

And I'd suggest you are proving him correct.

Averageman
09-24-2012, 19:05

And let me understand this,...you are proud of the three above facts about yourself?

Trew2Life
09-24-2012, 19:09
No, he said that people who are either trapped in a culture of entitlement or who buy into it aren't going to respond to a message of lower taxes, less government, more freedom, and more personal responsibility.

Huh ?? You must of had your speakers on mute for the first 60 seconds of his comments.

Goaltender66
09-24-2012, 19:10
Huh ?? You must of had your speakers on mute for the first 60 seconds of his comments.

No, I heard him just fine. Thing is, I heard what he said, not what I wanted him to say.

tsmo1066
09-24-2012, 19:34

He didn't describe three distinct groups, as you claim. He described ONE group, people who will vote for Obama 'no matter what', and he then went on to describe WHY that single group will be voting for him (that they pay no taxes, feel entitled, etc.)

That's a critical distinction, and one that you have either overlooked or are deliberately trying to misconstrue.

There are a great many people who pay no federal taxes who will be voting for Romney in November precisely because they DON'T feel entitled and AREN'T looking for hand-outs. These include many retirees who don't want to see their fixed incomed diluted into worthlessness by Obama's QE3 "turn on the printing press" policies regarding the national debt and others who see that rampant spending, coupled with no budget being passed for four straight years is a recipe for disaster.

If you are going to try to describe Romney's statement, please do so accurately.

Trew2Life
09-24-2012, 19:42

No, I heard him just fine. Thing is, I heard what he said, not what I wanted him to say.

Could it be selective hearing? Mitt Romeny was very specific about his number '47'. That isn't just some 'off the cuff' number. 30, 45 is off the cuff. 47 is very specific. If Mitt were referring to those 'who are either trapped in a culture of entitlement or who buy into it', that number is much, much less. Like 2 percent.

Audience member: "For the last three years, all everybody's been told is, "Don't worry, we'll take care of you." How are you going to do it, in two months before the elections, to convince everybody you've got to take care of yourself?"

Romney: "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. And I mean, the president starts off with 48, 49, 48—he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. And he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean that's what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people—I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to do is convince the 5 to 10 percent in the center that are independents that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon in some cases emotion, whether they like the guy or not, what it looks like."

tsmo1066
09-24-2012, 19:48
Could it be selective hearing? Mitt Romeny was very specific about his number '47'. That isn't just some 'off the cuff' number. 30, 45 is off the cuff. 47 is very specific. If Mitt were referring to those 'who are either trapped in a culture of entitlement or who buy into it', that number is much, much less. Like 2 percent.

Audience member: "For the last three years, all everybody's been told is, "Don't worry, we'll take care of you." How are you going to do it, in two months before the elections, to convince everybody you've got to take care of yourself?"

Romney: "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. And I mean, the president starts off with 48, 49, 48—he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. And he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean that's what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people—I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to do is convince the 5 to 10 percent in the center that are independents that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon in some cases emotion, whether they like the guy or not, what it looks like."

Romney is stating that 47% of America is going to vote for Obama no matter what (a fact that all pollsters agree on) and that he needs to convince the 5-10% in the middle that he's the better candidate.

This surprises you how?

:dunno:

Trew2Life
09-24-2012, 19:50
He didn't describe three distinct groups, as you claim. He described ONE group, people who will vote for Obama 'no matter what', and he then went on to describe WHY that single group will be voting for him (that they pay no taxes, feel entitled, etc.)

That's a critical distinction, and one that you have either overlooked or are deliberately trying to misconstrue.

This would almost make sense if he didn't finish out his remarks with, "What I have to do is convince the 5 to 10 percent in the center that are independents"

Averageman
09-24-2012, 19:51

Sounds to me like he got it right, so whats your issue? He wants Americans to raise themselves up and become independant and an asset to the country they live in.
As someone who stated three sad facts about themselves earlier and stated them in such a manner that he seemed proud of those sad facts, well; I can see why you would find Romneys statement offensive.

.264 magnum
09-24-2012, 19:53

Hmmmmm......sounds like you need a lot of help from others. Obama is definitely the man for you.

Trew2Life
09-24-2012, 19:56
Romney is stating that 47% of America is going to vote for Obama no matter what (a fact that all pollsters agree on) and that he needs to convince the 5-10% in the middle that he's the better candidate.

This surprises you how?

:dunno:

It doesn't surprise me at all. What surprises me is the number of people who think Mitt ISN'T referring to them when he talks about the people he doesn't care about.

Averageman
09-24-2012, 19:59
It doesn't surprise me at all. What surprises me is the number of people who think Mitt ISN'T referring to them when he talks about the people he doesn't care about.
He doesn't care for them or he doesn't care to fight for their votes?
Once again the Man gave $4,000,000 to charity last year.

tsmo1066
09-24-2012, 20:01

Romney said he doesn't care about them? Where?

He says he doesn't need to worry about them from an election point of view because they won't vote for him no matter what, but nowhere does he state or in any way imply that he doesn't care about them.

Your statement above is a figment constructed out of thin air.

BTW - As pointed out above, Romney gave 4 million dollars of his own money to those less fortunate than himself just last year ALONE. Over the past decade, Romney has given, on average, over 13% of his earnings to private charities.

How much did Obama give them from his own personal accounts? What percentage of Obama's private income does he give to charity, or does he feel that merely giving away OTHER PEOPLE'S money is what it's all about?

Trew2Life
09-24-2012, 20:09
He doesn't care for them or he doesn't care to fight for their votes?
Once again the Man gave $4,000,000 to charity last year.

That's very charitable. Show me the paper work. As a mormon, he's obligated to pay at least 10% of his income in tithes (a.k.a., charitable deductions)

Goaltender66
09-24-2012, 20:11

And yet, today's Rasmussen has Obama at...47%. Moreover, it's been hovering at or near 47% for weeks now.

Romney was specific because the data bears him out. In this economy, that Obama can pull down 47% of likely voters pretty much makes Romney's case that there is a cadre of people who will vote Obama no matter what...possibly because they are dependent on Government or believe that Government should provide all.

Averageman
09-24-2012, 20:19
That's very charitable. Show me the paper work. As a mormon, he's obligated to pay at least 10% of his income in tithes (a.k.a., charitable deductions)
Look it up yourself, its public record.
But more to your point..So Tithe doesn't count? Giving your Church money to care for the poor is a viable and logical dontation.
Do you have a problem with that? Is it less noble, or should he be more like Joe Biden who dontated to the tune of a buck and a penny a day to charity last year?
I'm old enought to remember when churches cared for their poor and the federal government wasn't in the business of redistributing wealth. The Churches did it so much better and with less waste and more results.
It would seem to me that whom the charity comes from is less important than the good it does.

But please look it up, you might be very surprised!

Trew2Life
09-24-2012, 20:21
Romney said he doesn't care about them? Where?

He says he doesn't need to worry about them from an election point of view because they won't vote for him no matter what, but nowhere does he state or in any way imply that he doesn't care about them.

Your statement above is a figment constructed out of thin air.

"And so my job is not to worry about those people" Read the full transcript. No worries = No cares. If he doesn't care about their votes, by what stretch of the imagination should we believe he cares about their representation?

BTW - As pointed out above, Romney gave 4 million dollars of his own money to those less fortunate than himself just last year ALONE. Over the past decade, Romney has given, on average, over 13% of his earnings to private charities.

And as also pointed out, Mitt is obligated to pay 10% of his income to the Mormon church. You know he's writing that off as charitable deductions.

How much did Obama give them from his own personal accounts? What percentage of Obama's private income does he give to charity, or does he feel that merely giving away OTHER PEOPLE'S money is what it's all about?

The Obama's donated about 14% of their earnings to charity in 2011. About 250K.

What's contructed out of thin air is Mitt Romneys compaign. It means nothing and stands for everything.

frank4570
09-24-2012, 20:22
If you give people free stuff, then give them the ability to vote for more free stuff, they will.

tsmo1066
09-24-2012, 20:24
"And so my job is not to worry about those people" Read the full transcript. No worries = No cares. If he doesn't care about their votes, by what stretch of the imagination should we believe he cares about their representation?

Come now, you can do better than that. Romney is speaking of the campaign and VOTES, you are as aware of that as anyone else here. He never states or in any way implies that he doesn't care about the people in question, but plainly states that he can't convince them to VOTE for him. If he didn't care about them as people he wouldn't give MILLIONS to them out of his own, personal finances.

So what percentage of Obama's private income is he giving to charities, anyway?

BTW - The Mormon Church does not require that one pay 10% of one's income to private charities, as Romney does. They suggest that one pays ten percent to the Mormon Church. Romney's millions in donations to numerous private charities are not required in any way by his faith.

Goaltender66
09-24-2012, 20:28
Come now, you can do better than that. Romney is speaking of the campaign and VOTES, you are as aware of that as anyone else here. He never states or in any way implies that he doesn't care about the people in question, but plainly states that he can't convince them to VOTE for him. If he didn't care about them as people he wouldn't give MILLIONS to them out of his own, personal finances.

So what percentage of Obama's private income is he giving to charities, anyway?

For that matter, what percentage of Trew2Life's income is going to charity? I think it's relevant if he's going to be so dismissive of Romney's charity.

Averageman
09-24-2012, 20:30
And as also pointed out, Mitt is obligated to pay 10% of his income to the Mormon church. You know he's writing that off as charitable deductions.
So giving a money to a church to be distributed to the poor is wrong?
BTW he paid his tax and gave 30% of his income away as charity. Hmmmm thats a lot more than tithe's 10% isn't it?

So where did the rest go?
Aint it amazing what a good Man can do when he makes a lot of money and the Government doesn't have it's fingers in the till !
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444032404578010451626055738.html?mod=WSJ_hps_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsThird

Trew2Life
09-24-2012, 20:30
Look it up yourself, its public record.
But more to your point..So Tithe doesn't count? Giving your Church money to care for the poor is a viable and logical dontation.
Do you have a problem with that? Is it less noble, or should he be more like Joe Biden who dontated to the tune of a buck and a penny a day to charity last year?
I'm old enought to remember when churches cared for their poor and the federal government wasn't in the business of redistributing wealth. The Churches did it so much better and with less waste and more results.
It would seem to me that whom the charity comes from is less important than the good it does.

But please look it up, you might be very surprised!

Nothing is wrong with tithes. Churches do great community services. But those charitable donations as tax deductions don't impress me. That's your 'sin tax'.

tsmo1066
09-24-2012, 20:40
Nothing is wrong with tithes. Churches do great community services. But those charitable donations as tax deductions don't impress me. That's your 'sin tax'.

Romney's charitable donations were NOT merely tithes to the Mormon Church. He currently supports over a dozen different private charities as per his released tax statements and of the 4 million he donated to charities, only about 1 million was to the LDS. He also reportedly donated an additional 1.6 million or so to the LDS that he never even claimed a deduction for.

Averageman
09-24-2012, 20:40
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444032404578010451626055738.html?mod=WSJ_hps_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsThird
Read up on it a bit, it's not tithe of 10% and he didnt claim the entire 4 million on his taxes.
There is nothing wrong with good Men doing good things with their money, much could be said for cutting out the Government middle man and giving it to the charities you choose to directly.
He gave 30%, now when I went to Sunday School Tithe was 10%, where did the other 20% go?
And perhaps instead of begrudging him his money, his charity and his opinion you should be thankful Men like him exist to help those who cant help themselves.