New 10mm in Da House!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New 10mm in Da House!!!

TattooedGlock
09-19-2012, 13:23
As some of you know, I've been trying to get my paws on my first 10mm. I'm on several waiting lists, all of which had told me it's going to be several till many months before I see one.

Well I'm not the patient. I knew my buddy had one which he hadn't fired and after much begging I worked a deal and am the proud owner of a new Gen 3 G20SF!

I compared the grip to my Gen 4 21 and it was almost identical. I wanted a Gen 4 20 but didn't want to wait, so such is life.

Hopefully I'll get to the range in the next day or two to put some rounds through it.

I know I need to check out Double Tap ammo. For now I picked up a few boxes of American Eagle 180 grain and a box of Hornady 165 Critical Defense.

Any and all input and advice about my new aquisition would be appreciated! I also have a set of Trijicon HDs which I'll be putting on it.

I'm stoked!

4949shooter
09-19-2012, 13:38
Congrats! :thumbsup:

The Hornady 155 grain and 180 grain XTP are good rounds. And of course, don't forget about Underwood Ammo.

Taterhead
09-19-2012, 23:52
Congratulations! Welcome in.

Now get on over to the Reloading Forum & the 10mm Reloading Forum. Handloading will really help to exploit the versatility of this fine pistol and cartridge.

Glock40man
09-20-2012, 00:34
Congrats on your G20SF!:cool:

JuneyBooney
09-20-2012, 12:50
Congrats.

OregonG20
09-20-2012, 13:37
As some of you know, I've been trying to get my paws on my first 10mm. I'm on several waiting lists, all of which had told me it's going to be several till many months before I see one.

Well I'm not the patient. I knew my buddy had one which he hadn't fired and after much begging I worked a deal and am the proud owner of a new Gen 3 G20SF!

I compared the grip to my Gen 4 21 and it was almost identical. I wanted a Gen 4 20 but didn't want to wait, so such is life.

Hopefully I'll get to the range in the next day or two to put some rounds through it.

I know I need to check out Double Tap ammo. For now I picked up a few boxes of American Eagle 180 grain and a box of Hornady 165 Critical Defense.

Any and all input and advice about my new aquisition would be appreciated! I also have a set of Trijicon HDs which I'll be putting on it.

I'm stoked!

Reload. Buy a few rounds of ammo to have fun with, but save your ammo money for reloading. It makes a world of difference. I, and many others on here, have paid for our reloading setups many, many times over.

Also, don't go swapping out parts unless you have a problem. I see many people complaining about functionality of their G20 after they changed a bunch of parts. Then you ask them what was wrong with the stock parts they swapped out and they say "nothing" or that they never fired the gun in it's stock configuration. Don't fix what ain't broke.

nickE10mm
09-20-2012, 15:26
Nice, and excellent choice (both with the G20SF and 3rd gen). If you're going factory, get Underwood Ammo, Doubletap, Buffalo Bore, Reeds Ammo, Corbon or any of the other decent manufacturers...HOWEVER.... put my vote in for getting a reloading setup. I pay about $6 or $8 for 50 rounds of target ammo, where you'll pay at LEAST $30 for factory stuff, and possibly much more.

Opie 1 Kenopie
09-20-2012, 16:53
+1 on reloading. I'm just getting started and got into it to feed my G20 and 29. It's pretty interesting and exciting getting to build your own. Saving money doesn't suck either. But watch that DoubleTap stuff. You might be wasting your money. They are CONSISTANTLY under FPS by a hundred or two.

wdp
09-20-2012, 18:19
Guess I was fortunate to find a pristine used G20 that is so far a winner in my book. Good luck with yours. I too am saving my brass and will reload eventually.

bac1023
09-20-2012, 19:43
Congrats! :cool:

:needspics:

TattooedGlock
09-20-2012, 21:22
So I made it to the range today after getting a set of Trijicon HD sights put on. All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!!! I've been a 45 guy for years and I think I've found my new addiction!

She actually shoots softer than my Gen 4 G21 which just a bit more muzzle rise. Easy and fun to shoot and totally controllable. I rushed through 200 rounds and had zero failures and perfect ejection. I could almost sell all ,y other Glocks today and not be sad.

The G21 is headed to the safe for awhile and this new sweet shooter is going to be my EDC and I plan to take her to the woods this fall to chase some hogs and deer if all goes well.

The new sights are awesome and I think I'll be changing some of my standard Trijicons out with these HD models. Really like how the front site pops.

Maybe at some point I'll get into reloading if I can find the time and space. Thanks to all of you who offered advice!

TattooedGlock
09-20-2012, 21:24
Oh, and I'm sure if I hadn't been rushing and excited I could cut that group size in half. Thus 20 is probably more accurate than my 21 which I didn't think was possible.

pasky2112
09-21-2012, 23:21
Congrats and enjoy! If you really want to feel the 10mm roar, rev up a box or 2 of Underwood ammo. Save that brass... If you can find 'em. :-)
I consider my G20 a 'Lifetime' gun.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

ca survivor
09-22-2012, 17:07
Congrats!

blastfact
09-23-2012, 11:07
Have fun with the G-20! I.m going to shoot mine today. :)

TattooedGlock
09-23-2012, 11:46
Ordered a few boxes of the Underwood 165. Should be here in a couple days. Plan to order more soon and some Double Tap just to give it a try. I always buy my ammo (9 and 45) in bulk from Lucky Gunner but haven't been able to find a 10mm in bulk just yet.

ccoprdc
09-24-2012, 00:38
Ordered a few boxes of the Underwood 165. Should be here in a couple days. Plan to order more soon and some Double Tap just to give it a try. I always buy my ammo (9 and 45) in bulk from Lucky Gunner but haven't been able to find a 10mm in bulk just yet.

You might want to try ammoman.com. He usually has 500 and 1000
round deals on all calibers and his posted price includes shipping to
your front door so no added shipping/handling charges. I buy
from him often and have never been unhappy with product or service.

ccoprdc