Pmags [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pmags

CCF
09-20-2012, 16:06
I'm confused on a few things. Do the new Gen 4 Pmags use their newest gen 3 foliage green follower?
Also, what gen are the 20-rounders on? Are they made exactly like the Gen 4 30-rounders?

Thanks

Matthew Courtney
09-20-2012, 16:12
Current 30 rd pmags have the foilage green follower and have been 100 for our students in our defensive carbine courses.

WoodenPlank
09-20-2012, 16:46
The M3 PMAGs are not available yet. I believe the follower in the M3 is a newer design, though.

Sent from the U.S.S. Sulaco

samuse
09-20-2012, 20:40
I have used the Rev M Pmags quite a bit and never had a problem. I think they're the best mags out there, even though I prefer G.I. mags w/ Magpul followers.

I'd stick with Colt/NHMTG mags for 20s.

CCF
09-20-2012, 21:42
thanx guys

JBUS
09-21-2012, 00:30
Dang..I never payed attention. I just buy a few 30 rounders everytime I'm at the LGS. I don't care as long as they're black or tan and NON windowed.

michael_b
09-21-2012, 08:15
I'm confused on a few things. Do the new Gen 4 Pmags use their newest gen 3 foliage green follower?
Also, what gen are the 20-rounders on? Are they made exactly like the Gen 4 30-rounders?

Thanks

My 20 rounder appears from the outside to be the current gen. To be honest, I'm not 100% sure.

But.... The follower is different. I assume this is due to the different length of the mag requiring a slightly different follower.

Posted from my iPhone

ggarciatx
09-22-2012, 20:02
20's are still 1st gen. Some guys report problems with them, some love them to death.

30's are on 2nd gen right now. First gen had smaller windows and other little features. They both use the same protective cover.
They will be releasing a 3rd gen soon. This will have little dots at the bottom to mark the number of the magazine you have.
I have 1 20 and it is good to go.
have 15 of the 30's and they are all perfect. Some say the Black is the best cause the UV doesn't affect them the same as the lighter color ones. :dunno:
Either way, you cannot go wrong with PMAGS.
oh, They might fit tight in some magazine wells. Check yours.

WoodenPlank
09-22-2012, 20:38
20's are still 1st gen. Some guys report problems with them, some love them to death.

30's are on 2nd gen right now. First gen had smaller windows and other little features. They both use the same protective cover.
They will be releasing a 3rd gen soon. This will have little dots at the bottom to mark the number of the magazine you have.
I have 1 20 and it is good to go.
have 15 of the 30's and they are all perfect. Some say the Black is the best cause the UV doesn't affect them the same as the lighter color ones. :dunno:
Either way, you cannot go wrong with PMAGS.
oh, They might fit tight in some magazine wells. Check yours.

That's the fault of out-of-spec lowers, not the mags.