GM may need more money [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GM may need more money

alecat88
09-23-2012, 07:33
I've heard that GM is in touble again and may need yet another bail out. Should the tax payers be on the hook for another tax funded bailout ? Will you buy another new GM vehicle? Obummer violated bankruptcy laws when he forced GM in to bankruptcy and made them keep there UAW contracts. three letter why they may need another bail out! I work at one of the dealers that lost its GM franchise and when that sign came down the owner died shortly after that. So i'll never buy another new gm vehicle maybe a used one but never a new one.

NEOH212
09-25-2012, 01:48
Let em fall like they should have done the first time.

To hell with Government Motors.

(They make junk anyhow.)

Guss
10-06-2012, 09:28
With last quarter's income of $1.5 billion?

Rocknropes
05-18-2014, 20:55
Maybe if they started looking at their competition and actually build cars that people want to buy (with the exception of Cadillac and the new corvette/camaro), they wouldn't need a bail out.

However, I must admit they've gotten a little better, but if they want to outsell the competition, they REALLY need to step up their game.

Ford did it. Hyundai and Kia did it.

Come on, GM...

maxmanta
07-19-2014, 17:48
Read Detroit: An American Autopsy.

See if you ever want to buy a GM car again.

attrapereves
07-21-2014, 12:09
Hudson, Studebaker, and Packard all went bankrupt and the government did nothing. They shouldn't have done anything about GM.

hellzno
08-08-2014, 18:39
I agree GM should FAIL!! If I get into financial trouble I get no help. Why should a business? Especially with some of my tax money.

JMag
08-08-2014, 22:52
I would never miss them.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

itstime
08-08-2014, 23:33
I'm betting all the executives make the same or more after the bailout.

I never understood why the gov bailed them out. Let them fail and reorganize without the union.

RichardB
08-10-2014, 09:34
To be fair Obama was working off a version of the plan Pres Bush used to send our tax money to the Wall Street investment/ mortgage firms. Of course those folks had no union contracts and many workers were let go while most of the fools in charge continued drawing a salary on our dime.