Starting to build a Glock for Unlimited Class... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Starting to build a Glock for Unlimited Class...

km625
09-24-2012, 17:59
And I'm wondering which model to start with.

Probably a 9mm so that limits it to a Model 34, Model 17 and, perhaps, the Model 19.

This is primarily for GSSF Unlimited and steel matches. So, is there something I'm missing? Is there a better choice? Let me know which model you vote for! :supergrin:

Kevin M.

emtjr928
09-24-2012, 18:04
I am by no means an expert on this, however most I have seen are either 17L variants or 34 variants.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

ede
09-24-2012, 18:04
Mike is our resident UL expert. To me the 34 has too much slide mass so that leaves the 17 or 19. The 17 with lightened slide would be my choice and a CMore. My other #1 choice would be a G22 with a 9mm barrel.

BK94
09-24-2012, 18:18
17 or 22 both make good platforms to start off with.

km625
09-24-2012, 18:36
17 or 22 both make good platforms to start off with.

A Model 22 in 40S&W? Or using a conversion barrel?

mike g35
09-25-2012, 03:24
Mike is our resident UL expert. To me the 34 has too much slide mass so that leaves the 17 or 19. The 17 with lightened slide would be my choice and a CMore. My other #1 choice would be a G22 with a 9mm barrel.
Ede and Adam are right, G22 with the 9mm barrel or G17 both should have the slide cut (lightened) for maximum cycle rate and reliability. Plus it looks good LOL. Either will serve you well.
The Carver mount is definitely how toy want to mount your optic. You can use a Hunter model and you won't even need to remove your sights or A Competition mount if you want the mount as low on the slide as possible but that will require you to lower your ejection port (not a big deal, Bobby can do it for you) and remove your sights. Both those mounts are available with CMore SlideRide, Weaver Rail, and Aimpoint mounting systems. Or you can get a Competition mount with mini rail and a CMore STS which will only require you to remove the sights. This may be your best option.
If your planning on using an aftermarket barrel and compensator I once again suggest Carver and remember you're going to need a new guiderod (preferably an uncaptured stainless Carver) and you're going to need to match your spring weight to your load. Once you compensate the gun it will require some tuning.
For GSSF the rest, magwells, mag releases, etc aren't really necessary but I suggest you do it anyway. I've yet to meet anyone that builds a racegun that doesn't eventually want to run it in USPSA Open division or Steel Challenge.

mike g35
09-25-2012, 03:26

The G22 in 40 makes a good USPSA OPEN DIV gun. 40 makes major easier than 9mm yet it can be accomplished by either round. I'd stick with 9mm for my GSSF UL Gun.

BK94
09-25-2012, 04:25

I shoot the 40 more (USPSA) than I do my 17 so I like both just the same. The 17 and 22 shoot great. You have to decide what works best for you. You can make Major PF in both if you ever decide to shoot USPSA.

ede
09-25-2012, 05:59
Conversion barrel has a bit more mass, might be unnoticable but to me it's an advantage along with weighted mag wells. Never tried it but a G19 with one of the little CMores looks attractive.

Down side to .40 in USPSA is the Supers and 9mm will beat you on magazine capicity and on some stages eliminate the need for a reload. 28 rounds of 9mm or .38 will get you through a lot of stages 22 rounds of .40 won't.

PM720
09-25-2012, 09:04
Does anyone run 9x21 in a Glock? :dunno:

Scott

mike g35
09-25-2012, 13:31
Conversion barrel has a bit more mass, might be unnoticable but to me it's an advantage along with weighted mag wells. Never tried it but a G19 with one of the little CMores looks attractive.

Down side to .40 in USPSA is the Supers and 9mm will beat you on magazine capicity and on some stages eliminate the need for a reload. 28 rounds of 9mm or .38 will get you through a lot of stages 22 rounds of .40 won't.
Very true. The ONLY advantage to shooting 40 in open is the ease of making major with that round as opposed to 9mm major. But if you're a competent reloader, and I still have some doubts about my own capabilities, loading and shooting 9mm major is the way to go. I'm thinking of changing my G22 over to 9mm sometime this winter and seeing how it goes. I was considering it this year then chickened out. Something about KABOOMING my $3000 racegun just doesn't sit right with me. But it's seeming more and more like a chance worth taking.
By the way Ed I won that gun from Marietta, I was thinking about a G19 with slide mounted (melted) STS. Just to say I have a gun like that LOL

ede
09-25-2012, 16:35
Does anyone run 9x21 in a Glock? :dunno:

Scott

I'm sure "someone" does, somewhere. Disadvantage to 9major is limited amount of length in the mag for loading the ammo longer. My 2011 open gun can run ammo with the bullet seat out as far as I wanted, not so the Glock. For that reason I think the 9x21 or 9x23, or even the Super aren't going to work well in a Glock. Now if you could get 9mm or 38 mags to fit a G20 you would have something fun to build on, if you could find a barrel also.

njl
09-25-2012, 16:43
Since GSSF has no power factor, and in unlimited, you can mess with the springs, wouldn't a 22/35/24 with mouse fart minor PF reloads that shoot like 9mm give you the advantage of slightly larger holes?

SARDG
09-25-2012, 16:50
Since GSSF has no power factor, and in unlimited, you can mess with the springs, wouldn't a 22/35/24 with mouse fart minor PF reloads that shoot like 9mm give you the advantage of slightly larger holes?
Now, I would think so - but Scott shoots AA&A .40 minor, so...

njl
09-25-2012, 17:14
In fact, I wonder...has anyone gone all the way and done a G21 race gun shooting 185gr JHP at about 600-700FPS? I'd be a little worried about bounce-back from the plates...but I bet it'd shoot super-soft. I've loaded some 185gr JHP to a little over 800fps, and they shoot nice (cycle my gen3 21SF) and soft and accurate. These were done for pin shooting, where I wanted velocity up around at least 800-850fps.

ede
09-26-2012, 02:44
larger holes are always better, the 35 and 24 like the 17L and 34 would have more slide mass and less slide speed and could be a disadvantage. 45 doesn't run well with a comp. plus depending on your set up a 40 and 45 have less clearance under the CMore. Running a comp you don't want bunny fart loads, but you may not want to run major either. Without a comp light loads would work OK but for most part my Steel and GSSF loads are hotter for UL than my stock guns.

kyglockshooter 2.0
09-26-2012, 23:18
This is not something io wrote it is copy and pasted.

what i do when i build my race guns, is set up the lower, trigger, extractor, ejector etc.
The lower is either left alone or custom fitted to the shooter.
Re-stipping is done to the clients wants.
While the lower is being worked on the slide is cut and reduced in weight.sights are selected or red-dot is selected.
The slide then goes to fail-zero for finishing.

The barrel is selected, kkm, lone wolf or glock and all have to be threaded. The compensator is than selected and a decision if a slide racker is going to be installed and used.

Next the gun is put together without the compensator to see what rounds feed or don't (with the comp cutting the power of the round.
You can also determine if the ramp on the barrel needs to be polished or not.

Once you have the gun working error free, the compensator is installed with permanent lock-tite.

Then the fun starts, i like using ismi springs with "flat" coils.
I start with an 11# spring trying 115 & 124 rounds.

The spring is cut and replaced on a ss guide rod (even gen 4 i use a straight ss guide rod with adpater.

I than cut a coil at a time, removing the coil from the ss guide rod and replacing each time until the gun works and with what ammo.

I have found that some of my guns work with wwb 115 and most work with blazer 124 or armscor 124.
Remember that using a comp., you need hotter ammo.

If you would go to this link---> http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1438317&page=2

and then go to post #30 you are able to see the amazing pictures.

I have a question who was selling triggers to the side of the armorers opposite the ear plug stand.
My dad and I were astounded by the different feel of them, everyone states that they feel like a single action 1911. I have intentions of purchasing one in the future it may be near or far i am unsure

PM720
09-26-2012, 23:37
To me the reset felt a bit "mushy". The break was pretty nice though but I think I like my Vanek setup better. Check out a ZEV for comparison though. Also, I thought his pricing was a bit high. :whistling:

Scott

SARDG
09-26-2012, 23:40
...If you would go to this link---> http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1438317&page=2

and then go to post #30 you are able to see the amazing pictures...
I now own that G34 at the bottom of Post #30. Shot it so well I bought it off of Gary (girphoto).

SARDG
09-26-2012, 23:47
To me the reset felt a bit "mushy". The break was pretty nice though but I think I like my Vanek setup better. Check out a ZEV for comparison though. Also, I thought his pricing was a bit high. :whistling:

Scott
...and Charlie Vanek makes that GSSF Stock-Legal trigger group that Scott has. Not certain what that vendor had - except $35 (-) connectors and $20 extended slide stops.

The ZEV Fulcrum is in my racegun and I like it a lot - real easy to shoot the reset.

bryandover
09-27-2012, 04:49
I stayed with a stock trigger in my UL gun so it would feel the same as my other guns.

kyglockshooter 2.0
09-27-2012, 20:31
I stayed with a stock trigger in my UL gun so it would feel the same as my other guns.

[QUOTE=SARDG;19460207]...and Charlie Vanek makes that GSSF Stock-Legal trigger group that Scott has. Not certain what that vendor had - except $35 (-) connectors and $20 extended slide stops.

The ZEV Fulcrum is in my racegun and I like it a lot - real easy to shoot the reset.

My dad has glock triggers by jeff wilson in Crestwood Ky, He and I both love them and have roughly 6 maybe. Yet what they had were just a complete world of difference, have not shot one but almost fell in love.

I now own that G34 at the bottom of Post #30. Shot it so well I bought it off of Gary (girphoto).

and i wouldnt care how well they shot just by looks alone

Melissa5
09-28-2012, 09:33
I'm pretty much done with the racegun that I put together and have purchased a racegun that will be built by Bobby Carver at B&B Enterprises http://bb-enterprise.biz/. It will be a .40 caliber on a G22 frame and will have a Cmore STS sight instead of a Cmore Slide Ride sight. The mount won't be covering the ejection port and the batteries will be about $2 less than the 1/3 N batteries. Also, it will be tuned to run factory ammo. I really think that I will be a lot happier with this gun. I am mainly getting it for USPSA, but I will also shoot it for GSSF.

Hadoken
09-28-2012, 14:55
Having never shot any pistol with a optic (several red dots on rifles), do you think its a big disadvantage to have the red dot mounted directly to the slide instead of on a solid mount that does not reciprocate?

I'm not sure if most unlimited guns use a stationary mount because of the reduced beating the optic takes, or if it is a perceived disadvantage to have the red dot moving with the slide.

Speaking of mounts, are many unlimited / open shooters using the Carver Hunter mount, or does everyone agree lowering the optic (and thus the ejection port) is a must have to be competitive?

Norske
09-28-2012, 15:43
deleted

G21H30
09-28-2012, 18:06
Although I've been shooting GSSF for 15 years I just shot my first Unlimited entry at Hallsville,MO earlier this month. My set up is pretty simple so far. A G-22 slide and barrel assembly with stock RSA. Slide was milled and refinished by Mark Housel and a RMR RM07 adjustable LED,6.5 MOA dot installed. I also run a Vanek GSSF Trigger Kit ( the one legal in AM/CIV). So far I'm liking it.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i420/G21H30/IMG_1528.jpg

kyglockshooter 2.0
09-28-2012, 23:08
I'm pretty much done with the racegun that I put together and have purchased a racegun that will be built by Bobby Carver at B&B Enterprises http://bb-enterprise.biz/. It will be a .40 caliber on a G22 frame and will have a Cmore STS sight instead of a Cmore Slide Ride sight. The mount won't be covering the ejection port and the batteries will be about $2 less than the 1/3 N batteries. Also, it will be tuned to run factory ammo. I really think that I will be a lot happier with this gun. I am mainly getting it for USPSA, but I will also shoot it for GSSF.

bobby does great work I am friends with one of his team members and all i ever hear is great things about him. also i love the 22 rtf frame or non?

kyglockshooter 2.0
09-28-2012, 23:16
Having never shot any pistol with a optic (several red dots on rifles), do you think its a big disadvantage to have the red dot mounted directly to the slide instead of on a solid mount that does not reciprocate?

I'm not sure if most unlimited guns use a stationary mount because of the reduced beating the optic takes, or if it is a perceived disadvantage to have the red dot moving with the slide.

Speaking of mounts, are many unlimited / open shooters using the Carver Hunter mount, or does everyone agree lowering the optic (and thus the ejection port) is a must have to be competitive?

I have a glock 35 with a jp red dot mounted on the slide and its not something i fancy. i wish that i had it on a mount rather than the slide

Melissa5
09-29-2012, 06:13
bobby does great work I am friends with one of his team members and all i ever hear is great things about him. also i love the 22 rtf frame or non?

It will be on a Gen 3 frame and the grip will be reduced and stippled. If it shoots as good as it looks, I will be totally happy.

emtjr928
09-29-2012, 06:38

Sooooooo,,,,,,, It is the BOW not the INDIAN??? :whistling:

njl
09-29-2012, 07:06
I have a glock 35 with a jp red dot mounted on the slide and its not something i fancy. i wish that i had it on a mount rather than the slide

I'm the opposite. I've tried both frame mounted (Carver mount, C-More and various other optics) and slide mounted (Tasco Optima), and I prefer slide mounted. I never got used to the added weight and bulk of the frame mounted optics, particularly how they interfered with my normal grip. The fact that they also can't be holstered without spending a fortune on a race-gun holster was another issue.

Melissa5
09-29-2012, 07:57
Sooooooo,,,,,,, It is the BOW not the INDIAN??? :whistling:

It is the bow and the Indian working together :supergrin:

Frankly, some of my "improvements" on the gun and my reloads were causing problems. I put the stock trigger and firing pin spring back in. I have a Ghost Rocket connector in it now. Then I got a EGW U die and decreased the OAL a little and that helped also. It has now run 50 of my reloads without any cases sticking in the chamber, but I did have a light/out of battery strike and one round that I don't know why it didn't fire the first time. Only 2 problem rounds out of 50 is a huge improvement. If it will reliably run Winchester Q loads, I might keep it instead of selling it.

unclebob
09-29-2012, 09:25
but I did have a light/out of battery strike and one round that I don't know why it didn't fire the first time. Only 2 problem rounds out of 50 is a huge improvement. If it will reliably run Winchester Q loads, I might keep it instead of selling it.

You had a high primer the first strike seated the primer and the second time fired the round.

Melissa5
09-29-2012, 12:00
You had a high primer the first strike seated the primer and the second time fired the round.

Someone told me that if the strike was not in the center of the primer, the gun was out of battery when the round was fired. On this particular round, the primer strike was very close to the bottom edge of the primer. ????

SARDG
09-29-2012, 17:01
Someone told me that if the strike was not in the center of the primer, the gun was out of battery when the round was fired. On this particular round, the primer strike was very close to the bottom edge of the primer. ????
I would think that (if anything) it would be high on the primer as the barrel is low just before it rises and locks up with the slide.

Melissa5
09-29-2012, 17:15
I would think that (if anything) it would be high on the primer as the barrel is low just before it rises and locks up with the slide.

You are probably right, SARDG. It was just on the bottom when I picked up the ejected round. :whistling:

I swear! I amaze myself sometimes. http://glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/embarass%20.gif

unclebob
09-29-2012, 17:40
If you try and fire a round and it does not fire the first time but the second you have a high primer. Hitting off center is something else.
Get a case gauge. Size 10 rounds and see it they fit in the case gauge with no problem. If they will not fit you need to lower your sizer die.
Next take a bullet that you are using and load one and make your col longer so that it is to long for your barrel. Then keep lowering the col until it just does fit. Letís say it is 1.30 for that bullet, lower your col to 1.20. If you are close to max power charger you might have to reduce your powder charge and work your way back up. Your taper crimp should be around .379. When doing all of this the round must be crimped. Yes even with a crimp you can push the bullet deeper.

kyglockshooter 2.0
09-29-2012, 21:19
I'm the opposite. I've tried both frame mounted (Carver mount, C-More and various other optics) and slide mounted (Tasco Optima), and I prefer slide mounted. I never got used to the added weight and bulk of the frame mounted optics, particularly how they interfered with my normal grip. The fact that they also can't be holstered without spending a fortune on a race-gun holster was another issue.

That i can understand. I wish I had the mount I have yet to have the opportunity. I do not seem to mind added bulk on a gun, I am able to adapt to most things with something that resembles almost easily. I may not like it, also may not shoot it well but I can adapt and make it look OK ish. The dot we have just is not what is working that well it maybe something we are doing and the guns amazing, while we are being silly.

cookselk
10-03-2012, 07:19

When I put my unlimited gun together I installed a Zev trigger, Jaeger striker, lighter trigger springs, and a Zev connector. I began to have an occasional light primer strike. At one of the GSSF matches I shot a 53.70, which included the time it took to identify and clear two missfires!!!:steamed: I haven't shot that well since.:crying:

Since I had not changed anything on my reloading setup I blamed the light springs and fought it by changing parts for awhile. Then I took one of the rounds and pulled the bullet and tried seating the primer and could feel it slip in deeper. It wasn't limited to reloads either, I had some WWB that did the same thing.

Today with practice ammo, I make sure I seat the primers firmly but I will still get about 1-2 missfires/100 rounds with the unlimited gun, it has never been an issue with stock guns. Match ammo however, gets its primers re-seated with a hand priming tool prior to loading (what a pita), but since I started doing this, I have not had a single missfire.

Here's a pic of it:

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n568/latvian13/DSC00226.jpg

unclebob
10-03-2012, 07:28
When I put my unlimited gun together I installed a Jaeger striker, lighter trigger springs, and a Zev connector. I began to have an occasional light primer strike. At one of the GSSF matches I shot a 53.70, which included the time it took to identify and clear two missfires!!!:steamed: I haven't shot that good since.:crying:

Since I had not changed anything on my reloading setup I blamed the light springs and fought it by changing parts for awhile. Then I took one of the rounds and pulled the bullet and tried seating the primer and could feel it slip in deeper. It wasn't limited to reloads either, I had some WWB that did the same thing.

Today with practice ammo, I make sure I seat the primers firmly but I will still get about 1-2 missfires/100 rounds with the unlimited gun, it has never been an issue with stock guns. Match ammo however, gets its primers re-seated with a hand priming tool prior to loading (what a pita), but since I started doing this, I have not had a single missfire.

Here's a pic of it:

What press are you loading on? Also what primers are you using?

Melissa5
10-03-2012, 09:08

Here's a pic of it:

Nice cookselk! I also went with a Gen 2 frame.

I fired 50 more reloads last night and had one case that got caught in the ejection port. The rest of the rounds were fine. If the Bulldawg behaves for another 50 rounds, I think I will try it out in a USPSA match this month.

http://imageshack.us/a/img12/356/dscn2481w.jpg

cookselk
10-03-2012, 11:09
What press are you loading on? Also what primers are you using?

Hornady LNL AP, now that I think about it I was loading on an old Dillon RL450 but I don't remember if I ever fired any from it in the Unlimited gun. I do think that I had better leverage with the 450 for seating primers. Not so much the ergonomics of the press but where it is positioned on my bench and the layout of my reloading room. I'm sitting at a slight angle to the Hornady press rather than straight at it behind it like the Dillon. I still use the Dillon and use it for 45's 10mm's and other stuff, the Hornady for 40's and 9's.

As for primers, I use Winchester small pistol, I have used CCI with similar results.

Melissa5---

Nice! Have you had any problems with it holding zero? It seems like after every few hundred rounds my groups start going high right, it does it very consistently. It looks like you have an aftermarket slide, I assume it has had the ejection port lowered. I had mine lowered as well, it will once in a very great while do what yours did and have a case jam between the slide and mount. I think if I had to do it all over again I might try a c-more STS or Burris fastfire III. Since I plan to shoot only GSSF, I might also go with a Carver 3 port/LWD set-up rather than the 4-port.

SARDG
10-03-2012, 11:33
When I put my unlimited gun together I installed a Zev trigger, Jaeger striker, lighter trigger springs, and a Zev connector. I began to have an occasional light primer strike. At one of the GSSF matches I shot a 53.70, which included the time it took to identify and clear two missfires!!!:steamed: I haven't shot that well since.:crying:

Today with practice ammo, I make sure I seat the primers firmly but I will still get about 1-2 missfires/100 rounds with the unlimited gun, it has never been an issue with stock...
You should have asked for a reshoot... ;)

Try Federal primers - they are softer.

Melissa5
10-03-2012, 12:12
Melissa5---

Nice! Have you had any problems with it holding zero? It seems like after every few hundred rounds my groups start going high right, it does it very consistently. It looks like you have an aftermarket slide, I assume it has had the ejection port lowered. I had mine lowered as well, it will once in a very great while do what yours did and have a case jam between the slide and mount. I think if I had to do it all over again I might try a c-more STS or Burris fastfire III. Since I plan to shoot only GSSF, I might also go with a Carver 3 port/LWD set-up rather than the 4-port.

Yes, my Cmore tends to wander, but I think I might have stripped the screw that keeps it locked in place after it is sighted in. It will be making a trip back to Cmore for repair. Also, the mount needs to be tightened every so often.

The slide is a Lone Wolf and the ejection port is lowered.

My new Carver racegun (.40 cal) will have the STS. I hope that will be better as far as case jams and I know it will be less expensive as far as batteries. Those 1/3N batteries are $3.50 for one. :wow:

+1 for the Federal primers

unclebob
10-03-2012, 17:53
Thirds on the use of Federal primers. On some pressís you can seat the primer lower the ram some and rotate the case and try seating the primer again. Never had any problem seating primers with either the 550 or 650. I hear some people have problems with the LNL seating primers.

mike g35
10-03-2012, 18:42
4th on using Federal primers and plus one on the 550/650. I was using Winchesyer primers in my limited gun (G35 Mustang by Bobby Carver) early this year. They were horrible. FTF's out the yin-yang. Even posted a video on YouTube warning other shooters. Use Federals, primer problem solved, for the most part anyway.

cookselk
10-03-2012, 20:09
Consensus is that Federal primers are the most sensitive but I don't think sensitivity is as big an issue as seating depth in my case. It's only been an issue in the open pistol with the lightened springs, connector, and trigger. When I seated the primers with my hand tool I have never had a missfire. Furthermore, I've never had a miss-fire in any of the stock pistols.

Does Federal still package their primers in those really big boxes? I would probably use them except that they take up twice as much room.

bryandover
10-03-2012, 20:34
Eric, you may have to buy a shed to store them in.

SARDG
10-03-2012, 21:07
Consensus is that Federal primers are the most sensitive but I don't think sensitivity is as big an issue as seating depth in my case...
Get yourself a 650 and you can easily develop enough leverage, sitting down, to seat primers upside down or sideways. :shocked: :supergrin:

unclebob
10-03-2012, 21:20
Get yourself a 650 and you can easily develop enough leverage, sitting down, to seat primers upside down or sideways. :shocked: :supergrin:

You should if you do it right you can fell the primer going in sideways. One of the reasons why you have a couple of sized and primed cases sitting off to the side to take that case place.

SARDG
10-03-2012, 21:49
You should if you do it right you can fell the primer going in sideways. One of the reasons why you have a couple of sized and primed cases sitting off to the side to take that case place.
Yeah I feel it and sub a pre-primed case sitting there, to keep the press rolling.

cookselk
10-04-2012, 06:56
Eric, you may have to buy a shed to store them in.

I'm going to have to, my wife would'nt like it if I made her park outside so I could store primers on her side of the garage, my side is already full with bullets and powder. :rofl:

Roadkill_751
10-04-2012, 10:10
Also, the mount needs to be tightened every so often.

When you disassemble and reassemble your gun and mount, be sure you use the blue Loctite for keeping the screws tight, as they will and can be loosen by the recoil of the gun.

I also use Federal Primers.

Just my $.02 worth of information. YMMV

Melissa5
10-04-2012, 12:16
When you disassemble and reassemble your gun and mount, be sure you use the blue Loctite for keeping the screws tight, as they will and can be loosen by the recoil of the gun.

Thanks Roadkill_751! I'll give that a try.

stak
10-04-2012, 14:32
I had mine lowered as well, it will once in a very great while do what yours did and have a case jam between the slide and mount.

Is there any reason you wouldn't mount it further back so that it doesn't interfere with ejection?

unclebob
10-04-2012, 15:19
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q281/Unclebob46/100_0859_zpsb14b9979.jpg

Easy way to take care of that problem.

girphoto
10-13-2012, 20:15
Yeah I feel it and sub a pre-primed case sitting there, to keep the press rolling.

Hi Kitty

This is a busy time for me in work and I will be showing some new guns that I have been working on in a few days....
Stand By...
I will see you in Jan n St pete, and feb in Orlando
Gary

SARDG
10-13-2012, 21:22
Hi Kitty

...I will see you in Jan n St pete, and feb in Orlando

Gary
You betcha. Mobile next weekend, then nothing until [Clearwater].

km625
10-15-2012, 07:09
Hello All:

Looks like my Unlimited Glock/Steel Shooting gun is going
to be based on a G-17C. No real advantage to starting with
a ported Glock (except the sweet price on a new one), but
I've never owned or fired one and curiosity has gotten the
better of me.

KM 13108

njl
10-15-2012, 07:41
Hello All:

Looks like my Unlimited Glock/Steel Shooting gun is going
to be based on a G-17C. No real advantage to starting with
a ported Glock (except the sweet price on a new one), but
I've never owned or fired one and curiosity has gotten the
better of me.

KM 13108

The biggest difference is the soot it'll deposit on your front sight.

Melissa5
10-15-2012, 11:26
Just wanted to post that I ran my racegun in a USPSA match this weekend and only had one malf and that was caused by my limpwristing while shooting weak hand. So, I think the EGW U die and decreasing the OAL fixed the problem of getting cases stuck in the chamber. :supergrin: Now, do I want to leave it alone or change the springs so that it will also shoot factory loads without light strikes? Not sure if I want to keep it or sell it.

Hopefully, I'll have my new Carver .40 caliber spacegun by the end of the month.

__jb
10-21-2012, 19:44
Just wanted to post that I ran my racegun in a USPSA match this weekend and only had one malf and that was caused by my limpwristing while shooting weak hand. So, I think the EGW U die and decreasing the OAL fixed the problem of getting cases stuck in the chamber. :supergrin: Now, do I want to leave it alone or change the springs so that it will also shoot factory loads without light strikes? Not sure if I want to keep it or sell it.

Hopefully, I'll have my new Carver .40 caliber spacegun by the end of the month.

If you're just concerned about light strikes, you could also switch to a striker with an extended tip... I have used lightweight Jager strikers with good results.

Gun Nutt
10-23-2012, 20:24
I just couldn't see spending a couple grand to make a race gun so I went the cheapest route possible. I took a gen3 17 and found a fab defense gis glock tactical scope mount and a off brand but very similar to the barska electro dot sight and this is what I ended up with so far. Next will be a mag well and a LWD match grade barrel that's threaded and a comp to finish it off. All in all I've spent $72.00 to get it this far. Just call me a tight wad.

Tim

mike g35
10-24-2012, 06:10
I just couldn't see spending a couple grand to make a race gun so I went the cheapest route possible. I took a gen3 17 and found a fab defense gis glock tactical scope mount and a off brand but very similar to the barska electro dot sight and this is what I ended up with so far. Next will be a mag well and a LWD match grade barrel that's threaded and a comp to finish it off. All in all I've spent $72.00 to get it this far. Just call me a tight wad.

Tim
You're a tightwad!!!! LMAO :rofl: Just kiddin'!!!!