Aimpoint t1/h1 covers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint t1/h1 covers

D4RWlN
09-25-2012, 09:43
I have been wanting something like this to come to the market for awhile. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/719698632/io-cover-one-handed-built-in-lens-caps-for-micro-o

http://soldiersystems.net/2012/09/20/kickstarter-io-cover-one-handed-built-in-lens-caps-for-micro-optics/

What do guys think?

* FYI, I do not know Mr Chen or have anything to gain financially by posting this.

mjkeat
09-25-2012, 09:47
I looked into this last week. It seems to be a great concept which I hope pans out. I'd purchase one and give it a go.

NeverMore1701
09-25-2012, 11:21
I saw those a little while back, the look like a really solid idea.

Travclem
09-25-2012, 12:49
Not much point in having an AP that stays on all the time if you have to uncover it before use IMO. Cool design though.

Airhasz
09-25-2012, 14:12
Not much point in having an AP that stays on all the time if you have to uncover it before use IMO. Cool design though.

Looks like an aspirin bottle...

D4RWlN
09-25-2012, 15:46

True but the optic is not much use if you can't see through the optic due to rain water that has accumulated on it during low ready which I believe was the creator's intent. My intent for the product is simply to keep dust, dirt, debris, etc, from settling on my lens.

Travclem
09-25-2012, 15:51
True but the optic is not much use if you can't see through the optic due to rain water that has accumulated on it during low ready which I believe was the creator's intent. My intent for the product is simply to keep dust, dirt, debris, etc, from settling on my lens.
To each their own.:cheers:

D4RWlN
09-25-2012, 16:56
To each their own.:cheers:

:cheers:

D4RWlN
09-30-2012, 04:41
Military Morons did a write up with a bunch of new pics.

http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.optics3.html#io

mjkeat
09-30-2012, 09:58
I think it's a great concept for storage. I like the idea better than what is shipped w/ the optic. I have a hard time keeping track of those OE covers.

XDRoX
09-30-2012, 12:17
Too bad they couldn't have built it with a clear window on the rear cover. That way it could have been used with the front cover closed.

NeverMore1701
09-30-2012, 12:23
Too bad they couldn't have built it with a clear window on the rear cover. That way it could have been used with the front cover closed.

Or clear inserts on both for use in driving rain/snow/dust etc.

ruf
09-30-2012, 18:17
Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve been on this forum...

D4RWIN - Thanks for posting this up here!

mjkeat, NeverMore1701 - Thanks for the interest!

Travclem - I agree. That’s why the cover is intended to be kept open with with the caps stowed most of the time. Only when it’s raining or whatever crap conditions you have to be in would you cover the lenses so they will be clear when you need to take a critical shot. If you don’t have to carry a rifle in the rain, then this product probably won’t make much sense. If you do, then this has been a long time coming as folks like Pat Rogers, Larry Vickers and others have attested to after playing with their prototypes.

Airhasz - Haha exactly! The goal is to “blend in” on Kickstarter. Unfortunately, white will not be available as a production color... :)

XDRoX, NeverMore1701 - Great idea, but clear caps would increase the complexity dramatically which would affect durability and cost. I want to be clear that this cover is primarily designed to be kept OPEN, and there are very few circumstances that you would take a shot with the front cap closed. And I think clear caps in the rain/snow would be just as difficult to see through as the exposed lenses.

The Military Morons write up has fantastic photos (better than I could do!) of the latest prototype, including the improved hinges, a more representative color, and applications with low and high mounts.

Cochese
10-02-2012, 23:40
Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve been on this forum...

D4RWIN - Thanks for posting this up here!

mjkeat, NeverMore1701 - Thanks for the interest!

Travclem - I agree. That’s why the cover is intended to be kept open with with the caps stowed most of the time. Only when it’s raining or whatever crap conditions you have to be in would you cover the lenses so they will be clear when you need to take a critical shot. If you don’t have to carry a rifle in the rain, then this product probably won’t make much sense. If you do, then this has been a long time coming as folks like Pat Rogers, Larry Vickers and others have attested to after playing with their prototypes.

Airhasz - Haha exactly! The goal is to “blend in” on Kickstarter. Unfortunately, white will not be available as a production color... :)

XDRoX, NeverMore1701 - Great idea, but clear caps would increase the complexity dramatically which would affect durability and cost. I want to be clear that this cover is primarily designed to be kept OPEN, and there are very few circumstances that you would take a shot with the front cap closed. And I think clear caps in the rain/snow would be just as difficult to see through as the exposed lenses.

The Military Morons write up has fantastic photos (better than I could do!) of the latest prototype, including the improved hinges, a more representative color, and applications with low and high mounts.

Good work.

I'm not an Aimpoint guy but that prototype looks great. I operate in real world crap conditions including rain and snow. My first OIS was in a January in Colorado.

No rifle and no optic but the conditions are there, regularly. I deployed my AR-15 on a bad domestic a week or two ago and it was pouring out. My EOtech halo'd pretty bad. I ended up running my Troy flip ups and extinguishing the RDS for that very reason.

Great thought on this.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

mvician
10-06-2012, 16:59
The GOAL has been REACHED !

D4RWlN
10-06-2012, 17:20
Outstanding!

ruf
10-06-2012, 20:59
Cochese - Yup, if you’ve been there, you know why it’s made... :)

mvician, D4RWIN - WOOHOO! And with over 2 weeks to spare! :)

humanguerrilla
10-07-2012, 10:50
Excellent idea that needed to made. Had been looking for good caps--hate bikinis--that didn't require a bulkier mount for awhile. Got in on it. Thanks.

ronin.45
10-07-2012, 13:45
This is my first introduction to this product and I'm glad you are making it. I'll definitely get one. I hate the bikini cover on my T-1!

Mushinto
01-29-2013, 13:04
I understand that the cover has been bought by Tango Down.

Any word on when they will be available?

humanguerrilla
01-29-2013, 15:32
The Kickstarter ones were delayed and are supposed to ship this month. The Black and FDE are supposed to be shipped first followed by other colors. I put in for an OD so I don't know when I'll get mine to try.

A Must Have For Aimpoint Micro Owners - IO Cover - YouTube

mvician
02-12-2013, 10:25
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/BCMLWMiddy_Spikes/P1170414_zps063e5e06.jpg

mjkeat
02-12-2013, 10:50
Retail locations named yet? FDE?

WoodenPlank
02-12-2013, 11:28
Retail locations named yet? FDE?

I'm wondering the same thing. I just ordered a T1 from LaRue, and I'd love to get one of these to go on it.

D4RWlN
02-12-2013, 18:54
My three arrived a few days ago. They're pretty nice.

OJ.
02-12-2013, 19:06
I have a FDE on order from the Kickstater project and it had not arrived yet, so it looks to be a while for retail sales.

mvician
02-12-2013, 19:54
These are being marketed by TangoDown, so keep an eye on your favorite TD dealer.

Travclem
04-23-2013, 12:10
Just a heads up, Rainier has them in stock. Though I am not sure I will like it, I ordered one to try.

WoodenPlank
04-23-2013, 17:46
Just a heads up, Rainier has them in stock. Though I am not sure I will like it, I ordered one to try.

I ordered one in black direct from Tango Down over the weekend, and it is on the way to me. I'm pretty hopeful this will cure the sole complaint I had with my T1 - lack of a quick on/off lens cover.

Mushinto
04-23-2013, 23:18
I understand that the cover has been bought by Tango Down.

Any word on when they will be available?
I guess I should have mentioned that through judicious monitoring of Tango Down's Facebook page, I managed to order one. It is fantastic.

MstrPara
04-24-2013, 07:19
Just got mine (FDE) yesterday from Ranier, installed today. Too soon to tell, but so far I really like it.

WoodenPlank
04-24-2013, 14:35
Just got mine (FDE) yesterday from Ranier, installed today. Too soon to tell, but so far I really like it.

Mine should arrive tomorrow.

Sent from the USS Sulaco.

ghostwn
05-05-2013, 21:45
Picked one up from TD. Easy to put on the T1. Will try it out in the desert in the next few weeks. Like it way better then the stock one. :supergrin: