PMAGs Gen M3 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PMAGs Gen M3

PAGunner
09-25-2012, 18:06
Anyone know when these things are supposed to actually be made available? Don't plan on getting a .223/5.56 soon, but would like to stockpile some in case the 2012 elections don't go the right way.

CharlieDelta127
09-25-2012, 18:42
Magpul's website says "Fall of 2012" but nothing specific.... I think you'd be alright with any of the versions before this to be honest....

samuse
09-25-2012, 19:26
I guess it sounds interesting, but the Rev M Pmags are not likely to fall short in any decent AR.

I'm not too crazy about the over insertion tab. Could cause problems with mag pouches.

I'd stock up on the Rev Ms or NHMTG/Colt mags with Magpul followers.

PAGunner
09-25-2012, 21:33
Magpul's website says "Fall of 2012" but nothing specific.... I think you'd be alright with any of the versions before this to be honest....

Probably considering I intend to use them for the AR platform, however I'd like to reserve te right to use them with the SCAR 16 platform as well, and with the current generation that would mean dremel modification. I'd rather have stock mags I can run with either platform. Hence my interest in the Gen M3 PMAGs.

PAGunner
09-25-2012, 21:34
I guess it sounds interesting, but the Rev M Pmags are not likely to fall short in any decent AR.

I'm not too crazy about the over insertion tab. Could cause problems with mag pouches.

I'd stock up on the Rev Ms or NHMTG/Colt mags with Magpul followers.

Doable and reliable option. Call me anal, but I'd rather save the weight and run PMAGs if possible. If it came to it, I'd be good with stock Colt's or Colt mags with magpul followers.

samuse
09-26-2012, 07:12
Doable and reliable option. Call me anal, but I'd rather save the weight and run PMAGs if possible. If it came to it, I'd be good with stock Colt's or Colt mags with magpul followers.

? Pmags are about 33-35 grams heavier than a G.I. mag.

PAGunner
09-26-2012, 07:50
? Pmags are about 33-35 grams heavier than a G.I. mag.

Really? Well that changes everything then.

KalashniKEV
09-26-2012, 09:23
Don't plan on getting a .223/5.56 soon, but would like to stockpile some in case the 2012 elections don't go the right way.

Good thinking, that way if there's a new civil war you'll have lots of... mags for a rifle you don't own.

:rofl:

Or are you price speculating?

Pick something that there isn't already 29 billion of in circulation, like HK93 mags.

...or fall free from the mag well. :tongueout:

USGI for me.:cool:

PAGunner
09-26-2012, 18:35
Good thinking, that way if there's a new civil war you'll have lots of... mags for a rifle you don't own.

:rofl:

Or are you price speculating?

Pick something that there isn't already 29 billion of in circulation, like HK93 mags.

...or fall free from the mag well. :tongueout:

USGI for me.:cool:

I just want mags that will work with both AR & SCAR platform that are cheap, light & reliable in case of a new AWB or similar police state legislation. I'd like more than I'll ever need, including enough to arm my 2 nephews and unborn son(s) & maybe the next generation after that. I'm thinking big scheme, far ahead. I'll be purchasing my first rifle very soon, SCAR 17, that will be my go to firearm for virtually any scenario I'll need a firearm where I'm in a position to get my hands on it.

samuse
09-26-2012, 19:16
Gotta love a mag whore. :supergrin:

You may be ready for this:

http://azarmament.com/100-Magpul-PMAG-Polymer-30-Round-Magazines-Black-OD-FDE-MAG211Case.htm

Or the 100+ pricing on these:

http://www.44mag.com/product/nhmtg_magazine_magpul_follower/nhmtg

Mr.Pliskin
09-27-2012, 04:21
Surplusammo.com has 10 PMags for $119 shipped. Just ordered from then and got a shipping notice the same day as order.