Looking for glock rail to picatinny adaptor. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for glock rail to picatinny adaptor.

orangeride
09-26-2012, 08:16
Last night I spent some time searching but to no avail. Really the only thing I could find was for non railed glocks. I have several different picatinny and weaver type lights and lasers I'd łike to put on my 20sf. Any leads would be nice. Thanks.

toshbar
09-26-2012, 10:14
How about a picatinny riser? the glock rail is essentially a picatinny without the cross groves, so a picatinny riser should clamp over it.

Something like this:

http://www.natchezss.com/images/products/BU410340.jpg

You would only be able to use one of the bolts to clamp it on since they have to go in the cross groves of the rail, which the glock only has one near the front.

orangeride
09-26-2012, 10:17
That's a great idea. I've got a couple of those on a flat top AR. Tonight ill have to pull one and check.

TRX450R_Racer
09-26-2012, 11:45
Cut some grooves.

123Bang
10-07-2012, 10:15
I was thinking about cutting some grooves in the rail of my Gen3 model 23. It would require removing and relocating the metal strip bearing the frame serial number. A violation (removing/defacing serial number) might be the conclusion of a John Wayne-type BATF agent or a super-cop. Has anyone relocated that strip? Would it be practical? Would it be legal?

ejes
10-07-2012, 11:05
http://www.lawenforcementsales.com/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/30/products_id/1383

I'd be a little concerned that it might not allow the frame to flex properly, but who knows.

M 7
10-07-2012, 11:14
I was thinking about cutting some grooves in the rail of my Gen3 model 23. It would require removing and relocating the metal strip bearing the frame serial number. A violation (removing/defacing serial number) might be the conclusion of a John Wayne-type BATF agent or a super-cop. Has anyone relocated that strip? Would it be practical? Would it be legal?

Probably not worth it because-

1.) the serial number placard is molded deeply into the frame and extends farther out into the frame material which means its gonna require removal of more material than you may want to remove

2.) ATF will probably take a dim view of the procedure- defacing/altering a firearm's serial number is covered under 18USC922(k)- even if you replace/restore it elsewhere on the frame- not worth the risk IMHO. :dunno:

I'd sure hate to see one get "trick bagged" over something like that and possibly lose their freedom.

toshbar
10-07-2012, 21:14
Alter the light instead. It would be easier to remove the cross piece molded into the light than to cut grooves into the frame. And you don't have to alter the gun/serial.

TRX450R_Racer
08-14-2014, 19:27