10mm theme song ... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 10mm theme song ...

agtman
09-26-2012, 20:39
:cool: The tune for our favorite cartiridge.

Enjoy ...

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo166/agtman/800px-10MM_AUTO_-_FMJ_-_1.jpg

Glen Frey - "You Belong to the City" from "Miami Vice" - YouTube

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo166/agtman/MotivatorCreateyourownmotivationalp.jpg

:perfect10:

_The_Shadow
09-26-2012, 21:18
Yep! Cool series...good song!

Opie 1 Kenopie
09-27-2012, 00:09
My vote goes to THUNDERSTRUCK by AC/DC. I think it represents the 10mm perfectly!

Glen Frey makes me want to be dead.

alwaysshootin
09-27-2012, 05:56
My vote goes to THUNDERSTRUCK by AC/DC. I think it represents the 10mm perfectly!

Glen Frey makes me want to be dead.

This gets my vote!!!!!:perfect10::rock:

Oh yea, please never use a limp rock song to describe the "TEN" ever again!:upeyes:

agtman
09-27-2012, 07:37
This gets my vote!!!!!:perfect10::rock:
Oh yea, please never use a limp rock song to describe the "TEN" ever again!:upeyes:

Well, I guess you have to be a bit of an old-school '80s romantic to appreciate it ... But I concede that reasonable minds can differ on the best musical association for this cartridge. ;)

It's all cool ... :cool:

agtman
09-27-2012, 07:37
Yep! Cool series...good song!

The one that started it all ... Thanks! :cool:

alwaysshootin
09-27-2012, 07:49
NOTHING ELSE WILL DO!

AC/DC - Thunderstruck - YouTube

alwaysshootin
09-27-2012, 08:03
Well, I guess you have to be a bit of an old-school '80s romantic to appreciate it ... But I concede that reasonable minds can differ on the best musical association for this cartridge. ;)

It's all cool ... :cool:

ok, but you are talking about the "10"! If it were the 9MM, we were talking about, ok then, I can see it :supergrin:

Bullman
09-27-2012, 08:15
ok, but you are talking about the "10"! If it were the 9MM, we were talking about, ok then, I can see it :supergrin:

Did you ever have the pleasure of getting to watch an episode of Miami Vice? That would probably help. I used to have the clothes even, but thankfully I out grew them. Still have a 10mm and a Jackass rig though.:supergrin:

alwaysshootin
09-27-2012, 08:45
Did you ever have the pleasure of getting to watch an episode of Miami Vice? That would probably help. I used to have the clothes even, but thankfully I out grew them. Still have a 10mm and a Jackass rig though.:supergrin:

Yes I did have the pleasure of watching Miami Vice. I even remember saying, in the filler scenes, watching Sony drive around with "IN the City" playing, man, I can't wait until AC/DC comes out with "Thunderstruck" because that will be a much better song to drive around to!:supergrin:

As far as out growing your Sony clothes, they make them still, no matter how big you got. Believe me I know!:rofl:

Lastly, a 10MM in a jackass rig is every bit as cool now, as it was then!!!!:cool:

Bullman
09-27-2012, 09:19
I guess if I was a little better at film editing I would make us a Thunderstruck/Miami Vice/10mm video for youtube.

nickE10mm
09-27-2012, 09:20
Love this thread, agtman ... good stuff! LOL!

alwaysshootin
09-27-2012, 09:27
I guess if I was a little better at film editing I would make us a Thunderstruck/Miami Vice/10mm video for youtube.

That would be AWESOME! I got time!:whistling::supergrin:

agtman
09-27-2012, 11:19
Love this thread, agtman ... good stuff! LOL!

Thanks, NickE!

Actually, alwayshootin has the right notion of a "high-energy" alternative to "You belong to the City" ...

YBTTC, I always felt, best captured that zietgiesty-feel of the show's mid-1980s setting, as portrayed in Prodigal Son (PS)... There was something about the song, and the way they filmed the scene it appears in, that sort of put a malaise into it that held for the duration of the show. Almost like Phil Collins' "In the air tonight" gave that unusual feel to the first episode opener .... PS was the premier opener of S-2 and the tone and quality of the production values made it the pace-setter espisode for the rest of the series. That's my take ...

Anyway, I love AC/DC too, but my choice for a high-energy alternative, from the same relative time-period, would be the Crue's "Kickstart My Heart."

Motley Crue - "Kickstart My Heart" - Official 2011 Tour Version - YouTube

"Yeah, I'm lovin' it."
http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo166/agtman/sonny-4.jpg

:cool:

GotFour
09-27-2012, 11:35
Some of you older Glockers will remember this one..........

Happiness Is a Warm Gun - The Beatles - YouTube

Bullman
09-27-2012, 15:22
There was that episode where Sonny was at the range while the Pete Townsend song "Face the Face" was playing, that was a little more zippy.

Bullman
09-27-2012, 15:34
So now that I mention it.

Bren Ten workout

agtman
09-27-2012, 16:11
There was that episode where Sonny was at the range while the Pete Townsend song "Face the Face" was playing, that was a little more zippy.

Absolutely! :dancing: :perfect10:

That is probably the best and coolest 10mm shootin' scene of the series (although the PS episode & a few others had some great 10mm Bren Ten action too).

But this scene really highlighted the Bren Ten itself. I knew a lot of cops back then who watched the show and were droolin' to get one. IIRC, Sonny precedes his arrival at the Miami police combat range by telling someone in the office as he walks out that he's leaving "to go see my therapist." :wow: