Question about Dan wesson 1911's [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question about Dan wesson 1911's

matt_lowry123
09-27-2012, 14:36
It's been probably over 2-3 years since I've bought a DW. I've noticed the price increase and I didn't want to ask this in the other DW thread, but do they not have any "blem" models anymore? The last one I bought was a blem model and got around 200-250 off the price.

bac1023
09-27-2012, 15:38
Not sure

I got a CZ 75 Champion scratch and dent model a couple years back for a great price from CZ. It looks almost new.

brianfede
09-27-2012, 15:49
If you haven't already, call DW and ask them directly. I know there are mixed reviews on the blem models. Dave Sevrens will also probably be able to answer your question. I know he is not a fan of blem models. I think if your patient you can find a ANIB for a reasonable price. What model are you specifically interested in? For the right price I personally would have no problem buying a blem.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

matt_lowry123
09-27-2012, 16:35
If you haven't already, call DW and ask them directly. I know there are mixed reviews on the blem models. Dave Sevrens will also probably be able to answer your question. I know he is not a fan of blem models. I think if your patient you can find a ANIB for a reasonable price. What model are you specifically interested in? For the right price I personally would have no problem buying a blem.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Thanks for the fast responses guys!! I'm not really in the market right now. I didn't want to hijack the other Dan wesson thread, but I used to see them at the gun shop every now and then.

I just haven't seen any around and was wondering if they ever go out anymore.

brianfede
09-27-2012, 16:43
I barely see them at any LGS anymore. Only at Gunbroker or the other auction sites.

bac1023
09-27-2012, 17:17
Since DW has moved up market, I don't see why they would still want to sell blem models.

It doesn't fit their current marketing strategy, in my opinion.

Paul7
09-27-2012, 17:59
Yes, you can get blem models, from what I hear some are noticeable little or not at all.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/940028214/Guns/Pistols/Dan-Wesson-Pistols-Revolvers/1911-Style/DAN_WESSON_CCO_BLEM.htm

swinokur
09-28-2012, 04:30
I bought their "budget" model, the Heritage. It was in the range of a low end Kimber or Colt. (1150) IIf you look for a used DW on GB, you may find what you are looking for.

Three-Five-Seven
09-28-2012, 09:49
Seems like there haven't been any new ones available in a long time -- almost a year.

G schütze
10-07-2012, 10:35
I bought their "budget" model, the Heritage. It was in the range of a low end Kimber or Colt. (1150) IIf you look for a used DW on GB, you may find what you are looking for.

Price range that is. But the Heritage is unquestionably a better gun. It just doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the more expensive DWs. Unlike the Colt or Kimber, the Heritage contains NO MIM parts.

glock2740
10-07-2012, 10:47
I bought a blem 9mm Guardian. The serial number has some slight discoloration. I'm cool with that. It saved me about $300. My DW CCO and Guardian have VERY tough, Glock-like finishes. And man do those things shoot! :wow: I'd buy a blem in a heartbeat. Always wanted a Valor...:whistling: :cool:

swinokur
10-07-2012, 13:22
I have no problems owning a firearm with MIM parts. Lots of manufactured items have it, including aircraft. Done right, it's not an issue IMO.

I had a Kimber Custom II TLE/RL. Never had a single problem.