LARUE! Thanks for hooking me up! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LARUE! Thanks for hooking me up!

BenjiEDF
09-27-2012, 22:44
I just got my LARUE LT-104 mount in the mail today. All I ordered was the mount but they decided to gift me a 10th Annual International Sniping Competition DVD, a pocket constitution, 2 bumper stickers, 7 oz. barbeque steak rub, AND an Armadillo or Dillo tactical "beverage entry tool" how cool is that?
:banana:

Oh and the mount looks really nice, but I'll install it later w/feedback. Just excited that they gave me all these extras. Is this normal? They seem really happy I ordered from them lol.

mjkeat
09-27-2012, 22:51
Normal. Soon you'll be giving away the rub. There's only so much room in the cabinets.

NeverMore1701
09-27-2012, 22:53
I had to debate between ordering from them and paying sales tax or from BCM and not. I chose to save $35.

Fwdftw
09-27-2012, 23:09
hate they increased prices on their mounts.

NeverMore1701
09-27-2012, 23:13
hate they increased prices on their mounts.

Most are a bit cheaper through retailers, even if you don't have to worry about state tax.

WoodenPlank
09-28-2012, 08:37
That's normal when you buy mounts from them. The more you spend, the nicer your goodies. My Aimpoint mount included everything you mentioned (Sans DVD, which didn't exist then), plus a hat. No hat when I got my Surefire mount, though. No DVD, either, but I think the DVD was after that.

Travclem
09-28-2012, 10:41
I have a box full of LaRue freebies now. I only use the rub, hats, and dillos. There's only so many times a guy can watch the 10th annual sniper competition (I have 3 copies now).:rofl: It is cool stuff though.

jamesbern
09-28-2012, 11:00
I got the rub, a baseball hat, DVD, constitution, and the beverage tool when I ordered my Aimpoint and Laure mount. I love the hat. I wear it all the time!

03Cobra
09-28-2012, 12:18
yep, think I have about 10 armadillos around the house; they are great to give to friends as gifts if they bring a 6 pack over or something

phil evans
09-28-2012, 13:01
sounds like real nice folks.
they have been invited to set up at our october 20 (austinrifleclub.org) :welcome:fall membership picnic.

Walt_NC
09-28-2012, 13:04
I just got my LARUE LT-104 mount in the mail today. All I ordered was the mount but they decided to gift me a 10th Annual International Sniping Competition DVD, a pocket constitution, 2 bumper stickers, 7 oz. barbeque steak rub, AND an Armadillo or Dillo tactical "beverage entry tool" how cool is that?
:banana:

Oh and the mount looks really nice, but I'll install it later w/feedback. Just excited that they gave me all these extras. Is this normal? They seem really happy I ordered from them lol.

It's the norm. I just ordered another handguard directly through them and received all of the schwag you mentioned. In the past it was all of the above but they included a ball cap instead of the DVD.

Aiden
09-28-2012, 15:25
Damn I still haven't gotten a hat...

Love the dillos though.

Travclem
09-28-2012, 16:01
Damn I still haven't gotten a hat...

Love the dillos though.
I think the hats only come with $$$ orders. I got one with my T1/mount ($700), but didn't get a hat on any lesser order.

BenjiEDF
09-28-2012, 17:14
Well I mounted my LT-104 w/Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 today on my Windham Weaponry AR. The scope is an older nikon that I've had for a while and it is excellent. The installation was really easy and the scope seemed to maintain a perfect zero after removing it and reinstalling it via the quick detach.

Yes this mount is expensive but it is exactly what I was looking for. Best group was 20 rounds of American Eagle 55gr .223 2.5" at 100 yards which is pretty good considering the ammo and my skill level. I'm a happy camper.

MrMurphy
09-29-2012, 04:02
No LT product in the box? No hat.

Get a mount, etc? Hat.

That simple.

To the sales price increase.... there's been one. In ten years. Yes, that's right, a freaking DECADE with a single price change. Get over it.

Travclem
09-29-2012, 09:02
No LT product in the box? No hat.

Get a mount, etc? Hat.

That simple.

To the sales price increase.... there's been one. In ten years. Yes, that's right, a freaking DECADE with a single price change. Get over it.
I didn't get a hat with my LT-104 or my 3 cans of LT index clips, but I did with my T1/LT-751 combo.

Airhasz
09-29-2012, 14:19
Normal. Soon you'll be giving away the rub. There's only so much room in the cabinets.

Yeah, my cabinets are over filled and I'm currently building an addition on my kitchen pantry to store the overflow...

MrMurphy
09-29-2012, 15:18
Odd. That was the process as of several years ago. They might just have been waiting on more hats.

Walt_NC
09-29-2012, 17:32
Odd. That was the process as of several years ago. They might just have been waiting on more hats.

That would have been my guess had I not watched the DVD last night. It documents the 10th annual "international sniper competition" that is hosted by the Army sniper school. It's pretty entertaining if you're in to that sort of thing or are interested in the ins and outs of sniper comps. But the documentary is interspersed with "tech tips" that push Larue optics mounts and their new OBR line-up. My guess is that the DVDs will become the new standard as they're pretty effective propaganda. I had to physically restrain myself from busting out the visa card and ordering an OBR right then and there!

WoodenPlank
09-29-2012, 21:32
That would have been my guess had I not watched the DVD last night. It documents the 10th annual "international sniper competition" that is hosted by the Army sniper school. It's pretty entertaining if you're in to that sort of thing or are interested in the ins and outs of sniper comps. But the documentary is interspersed with "tech tips" that push Larue optics mounts and their new OBR line-up. My guess is that the DVDs will become the new standard as they're pretty effective propaganda. I had to physically restrain myself from busting out the visa card and ordering an OBR right then and there!

Considering that the top two finishing teams in that match had LaRue OBRs as 3 out of 4 rifles (combined), I'd say they have the right to brag.