Finally found that 1911 I was looking for! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Finally found that 1911 I was looking for!

ilgunguygt
09-28-2012, 13:29
I'm sure you guys remember making a thread about thinking about trading my Ruger LCR and RIA CS 1911 for a full size 1911. Well, I think I have a trade worked out with a fellow GT'r. We are supposed to meet up tomorrow for the trade.

I dont want to jinx a deal, so I wont give up particulars, but I will post pics as soon as I get it!:supergrin:

A litle hint though, I usually complain and moan about external extractors and acc rails on 1911s, this gun has both! Although, the rail is a good thing, as I plan on using it in 25 yard bullseye and I can attack an optic mount to it that comes over the top of the slide, then i dont have to drill and tap.

So anyone care to make a guess?:supergrin:

Socks tear
09-28-2012, 15:31
I'm sure you guys remember making a thread about thinking about trading my Ruger LCR and RIA CS 1911 for a full size 1911. Well, I think I have a trade worked out with a fellow GT'r. We are supposed to meet up tomorrow for the trade.

I dont want to jinx a deal, so I wont give up particulars, but I will post pics as soon as I get it!:supergrin:

A litle hint though, I usually complain and moan about external extractors and acc rails on 1911s, this gun has both! Although, the rail is a good thing, as I plan on using it in 25 yard bullseye and I can attack an optic mount to it that comes over the top of the slide, then i dont have to drill and tap.

So anyone care to make a guess?:supergrin:

SIG 1911; light years ahead of any RIA

ilgunguygt
09-28-2012, 16:52
oops, it doesnt have a rail, but you are still right! Its a Sig GSR Revolution! Seems like a really nice pistol.

dakrat
09-28-2012, 17:10
oops, it doesnt have a rail

Bummer. I thought you finally found the 1911 that you have been looking for.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

ilgunguygt
09-28-2012, 17:30
Bummer. I thought you finally found the 1911 that you have been looking for.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
A rail really wasnt a requirement, it just would have been nice for what I am going to use it for. I can live without it.

Quack
09-29-2012, 09:28

I wouldn't say light years.