How Many of You REALLY Think Romney Will Win?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How Many of You REALLY Think Romney Will Win??

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nalapombu
09-28-2012, 16:06
Hey all,

This campaign he has been running has been angering me more and more over the last few weeks and I just cannot understand why he is behind in a race where an astute candidate or politician would be 10 points ahead. I guess this is the new Republican party. We haven't had a REAL Conservative or a candidate that took it to the democRATs and wouldn't let them get away with their usual trash for over 30 years, Reagan. Is there anyone reading this that really thinks that if given the same situation that Reagan would be wiping the floor with Soetero? This guy is a friggin' clown, dumb as a damn post and a bigger liar than Klinton and our candidate is so damn bad that he can beat him. That really says something there. I just don't think the establishment republican party members, the ones that actually RUN the party, have it in them to actually fight. They're content to have an intellectual discourse in a gentlemanly manner and if they lose, well they'll still get to be on nice committees and their Cocktail Party Circuit invites will still be there. They don't like people like us that are conservatives. We embarrass them with the abortion talk, gun stuff, the occasional Birth Certificate questions and demanding the border be controlled. They don't like that and as soon as they get our votes, they are back to their usual selves.

The Romney campaign has to be one of the worst run presidential campaigns I have ever seen and I've been a political follower since my first repub presidential vote for REAGAN. He is NOT going to take it to Soetero. That's just not the way he is or thinks things need to be done. He and his team ought to be totally ashamed to be trailing in this race, it should literally be a walk and if we had a decent candidate that really FIGHTS, it would be. Have you seen Soetero taking his gloves off at ANY time? NO. He doesn't mind one bit about putting an ad out accusing your opponent of being responsible for the death of a mans wife from Cancer. That's what Romney is running against and his response is to continually call Soetero a "Nice Guy, Good Husband and father." How's that worked for ya Mitt?

Well my thoughts are if we can't win this one, I'm done with politics and the Republican party. There won't be anything left in 5 years worth fighting for. I'll just stay here in Texas and hope they decide to secede from the union.

Anyone else find ANY reason in this race to be optimistic?

Nalajr

P.S. If Soetero wins again, we all better gird our loins cause we ain't seen nothing yet. You think he was bad these 4 years, he'll pull everything he can to get whatever he wants. He's already showed he could care less about going thru Congress for anything. I'm talking all illegals being "effectively" legalized with the stroke of a pen. Probably lots of onerous gun and ammo rules and regulations, especially with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, which is what their plan has been for a while, and the UN. It'll be a helluva mess for us, a paradise for the Marxists though.

Roering
09-28-2012, 16:10
Although it's not over till election night, I'm pretty sure Barry will be re-elected.

costanza187
09-28-2012, 16:14
I am voting Republican, that way I will have a clear conscience.

Voting is all I can do.

Snaps
09-28-2012, 16:17
I don't believe people are stupid enough to let Obama have 4 more years. So yea, I think Romney will win in a landslide.

Adjuster
09-28-2012, 16:17
As it stands currently Romney doesn't have a chance in heck.

/

Hellraiser
09-28-2012, 16:18
Romney will win by 7 points.

^..^

Goaltender66
09-28-2012, 16:19
Yep, I do. Popular vote will be close but the election fundamentals favor Romney.

devildog2067
09-28-2012, 16:20
I don't believe people are stupid enough

Sadly, I think what that means is that you need to go out and meet some more people. People, as a group, are shockingly stupid.

Jay9928
09-28-2012, 16:21
I am looking forward to the Presidential and VP debates

fusegsp
09-28-2012, 16:23
I think Romney will win. I think people that are undecided aren't suddenly going to feel like the last four years were great. They might, however, suddenly realize that they've sucked.

Bruce M
09-28-2012, 16:25
Sometimes I can be slightly suspicious of polls especially when they are commissioned by media that might not be objective.

tantrix
09-28-2012, 16:26
Nope...Romney is gonna lose, simple as that. The GOP deserves it too, for putting up a sh-t nominee. Can't wait for 2016 to see who the next flaming RINO will be.

Bruce M
09-28-2012, 16:27
Sadly, I think what that means is that you need to go out and meet some more people. People, as a group, are shockingly stupid.

That, Sir, is sagacious.

eb07
09-28-2012, 16:29
Who cares? The country is circling the drain and no one person is going to fix it, a complete overhaul of federal judges, congress, and public assistance is the only way to fix this titanic.

sheriff733
09-28-2012, 16:30
I think Romney will win. Not by a landslide, but pull out a nail biter Hail Mary on the last play of the game.

Barry doesn't have that same magic he had last time around.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Drilled
09-28-2012, 16:30
If he can get the Evangelical vote out he has a great chance.

If the lying continues with this administration he has a good chance.

He needs to grow a pair and go after BHO and wipe him up with the facts.

If women for whatever will get them to think clearly he has a really great chance.

sheriff733
09-28-2012, 16:32
The debates will be the deciding factor. If Romney will come out really swinging with the facts and not hold back, I believe he will seal the deal.

Jonesee
09-28-2012, 16:33
Honestly, no.
I think it will be worse after the debates.

He is the wrong candidate at the wrong time and it is starting to show.

Drilled
09-28-2012, 16:38
Honestly, no.

He is the wrong candidate at the wrong time and it starting to show.

Hope you are wrong. We will plunge into the dark ages if BHO gets another 4 years.

People in this country don't really know what he is all about.

The average electorate is already in the dark and will be the first to scream bloody murder!

CAcop
09-28-2012, 16:38
I think it is too close to call right now.

I just read a three part article by a legit journalist who basically laid out the case why both will be elected. Both sides were reasonable arguments.

devildog2067
09-28-2012, 16:39
I disagree.

The only reasons I've ever considered NOT voting for him all center around pandering to the religious right.

Drilled
09-28-2012, 16:42
I disagree.

The only reasons I've ever considered NOT voting for him all center around pandering to the religious right.

Would it not be a numbers thing? There are twenty some million Evangelicals in this country.

It pulled GWB out in 2004.

costanza187
09-28-2012, 16:43

This is especially important in the swing states.

IndyGunFreak
09-28-2012, 16:45
Although it's not over till election night, I'm pretty sure Barry will be re-elected.

Honestly, I agree. The republicans needed a REAL CONSERVATIVE to really get the base excited about Romney.

I hope I'm wrong, and I will gladly come to GT and tell everyone I was if I am... Unless Romney just obliterates Barry in the debates (which is possible)... I think we're going to get another 4yrs of Obama. Along w/ Obamacare, and what will likely be a relentless assault on the 2nd amendment.

I disagree.

While that may be true, Evangelicals make up a huge portion of the republican base. They would no doubt inflame a few, but they would gain much more.

Slackinoff
09-28-2012, 16:46

Yep, for an example/entertainment, take a look at the "fail" videos on youtube...then imagine all the stupidity that doesn't get recorded/on youtube.

Ragnar
09-28-2012, 16:49
Sometimes I can be slightly suspicious of polls especially when they are commissioned by media that might not be objective.

Yes, as I recall, polls had Carter up 43 to 35 over Reagan in 1980.

Not saying that is the case this time, but that tells me that polls are not the end all be all.

SPIN2010
09-28-2012, 16:50
Let's hope the yard signs in my area (OH) are not a good indicator of who will win, because if they are "the kenyan" is back in the saddle for sure. :shocked:

Drilled
09-28-2012, 16:55
Let's hope the yard signs in my area (OH) are not a good indicator of who will win, because if they are "the kenyan" is back in the saddle for sure. :shocked:

Our states are too stupid to see the truth (MI here) and the unions have a strangle hold on the polls. we will both pay for their ignorance.

mac66
09-28-2012, 17:00
Those of us who were around when Reagan was running against Carter heard a constant bombardment by the media how Carter was ahead and would win. Reagan was behind in the polls the whole time but most people were tired of the economy and Carter's weakness as a president. I kind of see the same thing happening again. I don't see Obama having the same support he had the first time. Except for the radical left/media you don't hear the same rhetoric as we heard the first time.

On the other hand, the media is doing a pretty good job of making you guys drink the koolaid thinking Obama is going to win.

My suggestion, is instead of wringing ones hands about Obama, get off your butts and go help Romney win. I never before got involved in a campaign and I was never a Romney supporter. However, this year I volunteered to work on his campaign. I am not doing it for him. I am doing it for my kids and this country.

Its not even about ideology anymore. This country is about to collapse. Obama has failed and can't stop it. Romney can at least slow it down. Maybe long enough for someone to figure something out.

Flying-Dutchman
09-28-2012, 17:13
It will be very close but Romney will win.

The media wants you to believe Romney is an idiot and cannot win, trying to discourage you from voting.

Do not let them fool you. Obama is vulnerable. Americans remember the crooked way the Obamacare tax was passed. The economy is getting worse again fast. This is going to be a close race. Americans are not suicidal.

Another 4 years of Obama would see his popularity at 20%.

Can you imagine a prosperous and popular next 4 years with Obama? I can’t.

It will be one freedom robbing law, economic disaster and scandal after another.

And remember, a lot of dictators are first elected.

tantrix
09-28-2012, 17:18
The media wants you to believe Romney is an idiot and cannot win, trying to discourage you from voting.

I'm pretty sure Romney made me believe that.

Ragnar
09-28-2012, 17:30

No, the media's reporting made you think that. :rofl:

Flying-Dutchman
09-28-2012, 17:30
Just remember, the other side is voting solid Obama. No third party for them.

jame
09-28-2012, 17:34
Not so fast, naysayers:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Rassmussen has a pretty darned good track record for accurately projecting true polling.

Just make damned sure you vote. This ain't over yet. The media would love for you to believe that and just stay home on election day.

tantrix
09-28-2012, 17:34

It doesn't matter...the Dems have their act together, and the GOP is a complete mess. It's not hard to guess who will win.

adamg01
09-28-2012, 17:35

It will be a little closer than last election but we will get four more years of Barry. I would rather take my chances with Romney but he is a very poor choice to run against Obama.

Hailstorm
09-28-2012, 17:46
Just like everything. I pray for Peace, but prepare for War.

I live in Michigan. Yep, we had a big union base here. But, most of the jobs are gone now. They didn't majically appear with the Big O. I just hope that people see him for what he really is.

The media is twisting every word Mitt says. I have unfriended a couple people on facebook for posting stupid crap. The kind of hateful stuff that anyone with a brain could tell wasn't true.

I stood my ground on the "Its everyone for yourself and win at any cost or We are all in this together" My response was simple. I guess I want to be a winner. Yea, then a bunch of people joined in and slammed the post supporting my stance.So, we are not alone.

The one that ticks me off now is the , post yourself with a note on why Obama should be reelected. It really ruins going to a movie when you have seen the actor supportting Obama.

So, prepare for War. I am buying what I can for the Zombies. Ammo and guns. Heck I even bought a sword.

camelotkid
09-28-2012, 18:13
I think it is all over,at this point the only swing state he can give up and still win is NH. He needs EVERY other swing state.

Those of you comparing this election to carter vs reagan are forgetting the most important part of that equation. People LIKED Reagan. I have yet to meet a non-mormon that actually likes Romney, not one. I live in the south I can count the number of Romney stickers I have seen on one hand, I have see 1, only 1 yard sign for romney.

Ruble Noon
09-28-2012, 18:27
Honestly, no.

He is the wrong candidate at the wrong time and it is starting to show.

I agree. Romney is not an enthralling speaker. Neither is Obama but for some reason people think so.:dunno: Obama will come off the winner in the debates because Romney will try to appeal to logic and while Obama appeals to peoples emotions. Romney is also a pansie that is afraid to go after Obama, hell, he's already pulling a Mclame and saying that Obama is a nice guy. :faint:

Ruble Noon
09-28-2012, 18:32
I think it is all over,at this point the only swing state he can give up and still win is NH. He needs EVERY other swing state.

Those of you comparing this election to carter vs reagan are forgetting the most important part of that equation. People LIKED Reagan. I have yet to meet a non-mormon that actually likes Romney, not one. I live in the south I can count the number of Romney stickers I have seen on one hand, I have see 1, only 1 yard sign for romney.

People liked Reagan and they disliked Carter, even the ones that voted for him in the first place. Also, people were more in tune to America and still had some idea of what she stood for. Not so now. The Democrats have created a confederacy of dunces that keep them in office and in turn, they keep the dunces dependent.

Providence
09-28-2012, 18:59
I am convinced that election will come down to which side votes - with side actually goes to the polls. I think the democrats know this too. That's why we keep hearing that the election is over and Romney has no chance. If we give up and don't vote, they win. We've got to toughen up and vote.

I've been watching and listening to Romney. He is growing on me. He has character. I only have hope that his policies will help. He was a successful businessman, and maybe that will help with solving our problems - we may be past the point of no return, but I can hope.

But 4 more years of Obama will be a disaster. And I am convinced that our only hope of defeating him is to get out and vote. If we vote, we win.

Woofie
09-28-2012, 19:03
Nope...Romney is gonna lose, simple as that. The GOP deserves it too, for putting up a sh-t nominee. Can't wait for 2016 to see who the next flaming RINO will be.

Sometimes when I read your posts I start to think I have an alter ego I don't know about who posts on GlockTalk.

SIG-SOG
09-28-2012, 19:09
Regardless of what you think about Romney, how in the world can you possibly think Obama can get the job done when he has failed so miserably so far? Don't think of it so much as voting for Romney, but as "voting against Obama" And don't forget Biden, its Obama and Biden.

Woofie
09-28-2012, 19:11

The Democrats are much, much more talented when it comes to exciting their base to go vote. Gore, Kerry, and Obama would have all been slam dunks if the Republicans could get their act together and appeal to their base rather than try to stay a little to the right of the Dems.

SIG-SOG
09-28-2012, 19:12
Regardless of what you think about Romney, how in the world can you possibly think Obama can get the job done when he has failed so miserably so far? Don't think of it so much as voting for Romney, but as "voting against Obama" And don't forget Biden, its Obama and Biden.

And if you don't think the polls are rigged in favor of Obama, I've got some beach front property in Arizona to sell you. Do a little research.

*ASH*
09-28-2012, 19:13
nope...romney is gonna lose, simple as that. The gop deserves it too, for putting up a sh-t nominee. Can't wait for 2016 to see who the next flaming rino will be.

this....

NDCent
09-28-2012, 19:15
Romney lost to McCain. :upeyes:

SixDemonBag
09-28-2012, 19:17
Who cares? The country is circling the drain and no one person is going to fix it, a complete overhaul of federal judges, congress, and public assistance is the only way to fix this titanic.

Yep, we're gonna eat a crap sandwich in the end no matter which chef makes it.

Ruble Noon
09-28-2012, 19:19

The left voted against Bush instead of for Kerry.

09-28-2012, 19:20
Anything can happen between now and election day.

Woofie
09-28-2012, 19:23
I've voting for Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho in 2016.

Kalmah
09-28-2012, 19:25
Obama's only appeal is his charisma. What he stands for, what he has done, what he has failed to do during his term is all irrelevant. He looks good on Letterman, he looks good on The View, and that's all that's important to our MTV/Dancing with the Stars/American Idol society.

It's enough to get him re-elected, and I think it will happen.

frank4570
09-28-2012, 19:37
There are a crapload of people in this country. There are a crapload of republicans in this country. With ALL those republicans, why the hell can't they come up with 1 guy who makes a good candidate?

With Obamas economy, this should be a cakewalk.

tantrix
09-28-2012, 19:37
Obama's only appeal is his charisma. What he stands for, what he has done, what he has failed to do during his term is all irrelevant. He looks good on Letterman, he looks good on The View, and that's all that's important to our MTV/Dancing with the Stars/American Idol society.

It's enough to get him re-elected, and I think it will happen.

Yep...this is exactly right. Romney is who the GOP (voters) put up to combat Obama. He lost to McCain the first time around, but now he's good enough to beat Obama??

You guys better gear up, Obama is just getting started...he's got 4 more years to go.

SIG-SOG
09-28-2012, 20:02
Yep...this is exactly right. Romney is who the GOP (voters) put up to combat Obama. He lost to McCain the first time around, but now he's good enough to beat Obama??

You guys better gear up, Obama is just getting started...he's got 4 more years to go.

And what is Obama going to do in the next 4 years that you would vote for him? Forget about Romney for a moment, why Obama? What has he done so far that you favor? Please educate me. I'm open to see the light. Why Obama?

jdavionic
09-28-2012, 20:04
I think it will be close, but I think he will win. The question is whether it will be acknowledged. I expect a fiasco that makes 'hanging chads' look like a walk in the park.

Atlas
09-28-2012, 20:07
I think we are seeing confirmation that "in the end, people get the government they deserve".

Sad, very sad, but true.

jtmac
09-28-2012, 20:09
I really don't know which way it will go. I think it's going to be pretty darned close in the popular vote, but I can see some swing states going to Obama and make it fairly decisive in electoral votes.

And as much as I fear a second-term Obama, the GOP has picked a candidate that scares me almost as much. I do think that he is likely to do (or not do) some things short term that will be economically sensible, but long-term... well, he really is like a caricature of what Democrats think rich republicans are, and that isn't going to be good long term.

If Romney loses, there's a chance that the Republican party could have a fallout... and whatever the end result, it would have to be better than what they have now.

tantrix
09-28-2012, 20:10
And what is Obama going to do in the next 4 years that you would vote for him? Forget about Romney for a moment, why Obama? What has he done so far that you favor? Please educate me. I'm open to see the light. Why Obama?

Obama hasn't (and isn't) going to do anything I favor, and I'm not going to vote for him. I'm also not voting for Romney either. It's 2 sides of the same coin. What we should have done was throw the whole damn coin away and vote someone in that didn't agree with either one of them. The primaries proved that the American voters are fine with the same old thing, and they're going to get it.

MarinePride
09-28-2012, 20:16
Who even likes Romney? He comes across as a guy who tells a certain audience what they want to hear at the time he's talking to them, but wait. All politicians do this and you would think that the people could figure it out by now. I've been listening to the lies now for decades from all of the parties.

Quite frankly, the Repubs. don't deserve to win it because they always take their base for granted. I'm not voting, as I'm overseas anyway.

When Obama wins, he's really gonna show you who he is and what he is. Executive orders are going to fly from that desk covering everything you thought to be untouchable, gun rights included.

I just finished watching that Obama 2016 movie last night and it just confirms that the guy was heavily influenced by communists who hate the USA. Like it was ever a surprise to those who have watched the stufff he's done over the last three years.

Also, people are loosing the game of life and see him as the man to give up free stuff that others will have to pay for, ala redistribution of wealth. The number of have nots is increasing every single day.

SIG-SOG
09-28-2012, 20:19
Obama hasn't (and isn't) going to do anything I favor, and I'm not going to vote for him. I'm also not voting for Romney either. It's 2 sides of the same coin. What we should have done was throw the whole damn coin away and vote someone in that didn't agree with either one of them. The primaries proved that the American voters are fine with the same old thing, and they're going to get it.

So I should have asked this of someone else, and therefore do.

Then, is Obama going to do anything you disfavor? Again, you're either voting for Obama or against Obama. Do you not care? This isn't like the Superbowl and your team isn't in it so you don't care who wins. The winner WILL impact your life. So which is the lesser of two evils? Who of the two do you prefer? Its bunga-bunga time.

Ragnar
09-28-2012, 20:23
Yes, its over. Obama will win. So all you whiners keep whining. Don't vote. Don't bother. Roll over and let him win. You deserve it.

You people make me sick.

09-28-2012, 20:26
Keep waiting for that mythical perfect candidate.

Let us know when, he/she/it manages to get nominated.

BTW, third parties don't win elections.

50 Cent
09-28-2012, 20:36
Ummm - yeah...with Tea Party set to vote and they constitute 35% of the electorate...:rofl: They ain't voting for Obungo!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/28/41-Million-Tea-Party-Supporters-Set-to-Vote

LOL at these biased polls with heavy Democratic sampling - yet day after day Rasmussen shows the poll tied at best.

Worse for O - his approval ratio / disapproval ratio is the same as 2010. We all remember how good a year that was for the Dems :rofl:

MarinePride
09-28-2012, 20:45

The Repubs. have been trying to sell Romney to us, repeatedly, and we just don't want the guy. His record as MA Gov. is abysmal.

The base is tired of having their votes taken for granted. This will be the second presidential election I sit out. I want a candidate that reflects my values, at least some of them. If I can't get it, then screw it, the lessor isn't getting my vote.

I can have my own "scortched earth" policy with regards to elections.

Ragnar
09-28-2012, 20:47
The Repubs. have been trying to sell Romney to us, repeatedly, and we just don't want the guy. His record as MA Gov. is abysmal.

The base is tired of having their votes taken for granted. This will be the second presidential election I sit out. I want a candidate that reflects my values, at least some of them. If I can't get it, then screw it, the lessor isn't getting my vote.

Then don't come whining here when Obama passes a law requiring you to eat Broccoli at every meal.

RCP
09-28-2012, 20:49
I've voting for Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho in 2016.

:rofl: we are definitely moving towards an idiocracy!

benji
09-28-2012, 20:50
I think Obama will win in a landslide. I can't stand either of them. Romney was the candidate that all of the other candidates called a liberal in 2008. News flash: HE'S STILL THE SAME GUY!! A real conservative could beat Obama. Romney is a faker and flipflopper and Obama will call him out on that in the debates.

MarinePride
09-28-2012, 20:56
Then don't come whining here when Obama passes a law requiring you to eat Broccoli at every meal.

I don't whine about anything on here, check my past posts and you'll see that.

I don't even live in the USA anymore and I eat whatever I want to. There is no future for a lot of people with the choices you people keep voting for over there.

Keep voting for these empty suits, give them the mandate to make things better for you :tongueout:

09-28-2012, 20:56

Thank you for being an illegerate citizen.

frank4570
09-28-2012, 20:59

On the other hand. If you don't vote for SOMEBODY, it sends the message that it is ok to move faster in the direction they are moving.

MarinePride
09-28-2012, 21:00

They don't win because the powers that be don't want them to win. The people cannot have a voice anymore. Instead you get these two false choices every four years, D or an R, both are two wings of the same carrion bird.

That's OK because you people give them the mandate by voting. Stay home and don't vote, that way there is no mandate.

By foot or by rocket, the destination is the same.

09-28-2012, 21:06
They don't win because the powers that be don't want them to win. The people cannot have a voice anymore. Instead you get these two false choices every four years, D or an R, both are two wings of the same carrion bird.They don't win because they aren't viable. Besides third parties caucus with one of the two major parties - so it doesn't matter.

That's OK because you people give them the mandate by voting. Stay home and don't vote, that way there is no mandate.

By foot or by rocket, the destination is the same.

You "people"!? You are right there along with "us people".

If you choose to disengage from voting, don't complain about the way things are going.

You didn't vote the last time, why are you complaining now?

It's this simple: Don't vote. Don't complain.

frank4570
09-28-2012, 21:13

Actually what you want will just be squashed by people who don't agree with you and DO vote.

SIG-SOG
09-28-2012, 21:13
I think Obama will win in a landslide. I can't stand either of them. Romney was the candidate that all of the other candidates called a liberal in 2008. News flash: HE'S STILL THE SAME GUY!! A real conservative could beat Obama. Romney is a faker and flipflopper and Obama will call him out on that in the debates.

Obama is not a flipflopper. He is consistently full of crap and just a serious bad president.

Why do you think Obama will win in a landslide? Just a gut feel? The polls - which by the way are mostly rigged. If you don't get out and vote he just might. As I posted before, this isn't the Superbowl and your team isn't in the game so you don't care who wins. Obama will impact the rest of your life if he wins. If you like what he has done for you in the last 3+ years then by all means do or don't vote. I don't know that Romney will change the world for the better. I only hope he can postpone the serious crap we'll be in if Obama wins, until either a good democratic or republican candidate comes along in the next 4 years.

okie
09-28-2012, 21:17
Sadly obama is going to be voted in again:sadangel:

SIG-SOG
09-28-2012, 21:18
I don't whine about anything on here, check my past posts and you'll see that.

I don't even live in the USA anymore and I eat whatever I want to. There is no future for a lot of people with the choices you people keep voting for over there.

Keep voting for these empty suits, give them the mandate to make things better for you :tongueout:

So you don't live in the USA anymore - are you not a US citizen, or just stationed overseas? A citizen of another country?

Cali-Glock
09-28-2012, 21:19
Pretty good odds he will win. Why?

Obama is a terrible President.
The Electoral College looks favorable to Romney.

SIG-SOG
09-28-2012, 21:21
There are a crapload of people in this country. There are a crapload of republicans in this country. With ALL those republicans, why the hell can't they come up with 1 guy who makes a good candidate?

With Obamas economy, this should be a cakewalk.

Your logic makes no sense. You obviously acknowledge "Obamas economy" so I take that to mean you disapprove. But because the perfect candidate is not running for president you would rather keep a failed president in office? Are you not willing to try for something better, if only a little better?

Cali-Glock
09-28-2012, 21:22
Sadly obama is going to be voted in again:sadangel:

If Obama is re-elected I hope he goes full left. That would be wonderful for America - why? People might wake up.

We are frogs being slowly cooked - turn up the heat and people might realize what is going on.

09-28-2012, 21:23
If Obama is re-elected I hope he goes full left. That would be wonderful for America - why? People might wake up.

We are frogs being slowly cooked - turn up the heat and people might realize what is going on.

And then, what?

Hines57
09-28-2012, 21:29

Thanks for taking the time to post all your replies in this and similar threads. Saves me a bunch of time when I can just say "What tantrix said, times 2".

Only difference is I am thinking I will write in Jindal, I still think he is most in line with my beliefs.

frank4570
09-28-2012, 21:34
Your logic makes no sense. You obviously acknowledge "Obamas economy" so I take that to mean you disapprove. But because the perfect candidate is not running for president you would rather keep a failed president in office? Are you not willing to try for something better, if only a little better?

Dude, I'm voting for Romney. But I am not like "Yeah! Romney is bad-ass, finally what this country needs."

I'm more like "This option sucks, but not as much as the other option." That ISN'T the kind of person that makes hordes of people rush to the polls. That is the kind of person that makes the voters say "screw it, who I vote for doesn't even matter."

CitizenOfDreams
09-28-2012, 21:34
Who cares? The country is circling the drain and no one person is going to fix it

Not even Ron Paul? :shocked:

frank4570
09-28-2012, 21:52
Not even Ron Paul? :shocked:

Sure. If Ron Paul sells himself to the big money in this country and agrees to do what they say. Then he has an excellent chance.
OR if millions of people suddenly become totally different and start really paying attention to politics.

Either of those.

SIG-SOG
09-28-2012, 21:52
Dude, I'm voting for Romney. But I am not like "Yeah! Romney is bad-ass, finally what this country needs."

I'm more like "This option sucks, but not as much as the other option." That ISN'T the kind of person that makes hordes of people rush to the polls. That is the kind of person that makes the voters say "screw it, who I vote for doesn't even matter."

Sorry for the mistake. Glad to hear you are voting for America (Romney). Hopefully he can hold things together until a better candidate comes along - democrat or republican.

SIG-SOG
09-28-2012, 22:24
Wow, I think I owe many of you I responded to an apology. I just read back through all of the posts, and it appears that what I took as anti-Romney, pro-Obumer was really just an expression of well deserved anger at the situation we find ourselves in. For that I apologize. I am angry too. It is hard for me to tell where people stand sometimes because of the negative comments and I get lost trying to follow the thought process. So I think most here are in favor of *not* having 4 more years of Obama. I am in that camp. Is Romney the answer to all of the problems we face? No. Can we survive 4 years of Romney and hope that someone better comes along - D, R, or I? I think so. Can we survive 4 more years of Obama. I think not. Forget the polls - they are rigged. Forget the MSM they are stupid and have agendas nobody can understand. Negativity is just what the liberals want. The more of us that they make stay home or write in a vote is a vote for Obama.

If you are against Obama then try to be positive - I'm going to try. All we can change this go round is to stop the madness.

Grabbrass
09-28-2012, 22:56

yard signs, bumper stickers and the like are an extremely poor indicator. conservatives are, well, conservative, and most don't wear their affiliations on their sleeves, their yards or their cars. A lot of people who will be voting for Romney are also justifiably concerned about vandalism of their property if they advertise their intent. The Obama people are just like that.

As for all the polls, disregard them. Most of them are being done with a +9 to +11 democratic oversample, which even some pollsters using that slant have admitted is unlikely. But more importantly, a nationwide poll is meaningless, since the electoral college determines the outcome. And in terms of electoral votes, Romney has only a few narrow likely scenarios that will get him to 270. It is, unfortunately, a long shot, and has been from the start. Whether you're a fan of Rush Limbaugh or not, it's hard to disagree with his observation that the most important thing to come from this election is letting us know whether we've already crossed 'the tipping point.'

sharpshooter
09-28-2012, 23:06
My granddaddy voted without knowing what the candidates looked like, or how expensive their wives' sweaters were. TV and internet have changed the way we do politics. We have too much information about our options and it spoils our view.

The Sunday NY Times contains more information in one day than the typical person 100 years ago would be exposed to in their entire lifetime. There is no "ideal" candidate, they're all liars, cheats, and live privileged lives most of us can't comprehend. We didn't used to know that, and we were happier. Ignorance is bliss.

Anglin_AZ
09-28-2012, 23:46

This is the truth. This is why conservatives are leaving the Republican Party to the independent. Romney doesn't represent conservative values he only represents what's in his best interest. And when you compare him to the rest of the primary opponent it shows the party is in shambles.

Nalapombu
09-29-2012, 02:19
Glad to know I'm not alone in my thinking. I pray all the time that GOD will bless the United States and put the desire to see America be great again in so many people's hearts that there would be no doubts on Wednesday morning. I just Pray that our people get out and vote and their people are too bombed on weed that they can't find the polls or so much Oxy makes them think the election is on Wednesday.

Is Romney my ideal candidate? NO. I wouldn't have minded Newt or Bachmann or Santorum. The problem why those true conservatives cannot get the nomination lies in the way the RNC has set up the primary system. It's a winner take all system so there can't be delegates getting together and pooling resources to get the right person in there. All the states in the beginning that play a HUGE factor in who will eventually get the nod are states that aren't that conservative. The RNC set this whole system up to get exactly what we have now, a moderate (at best) conservative and one that they think will appeal to a wider audience. The BIG WIGS in the RNC believes that conservatives scare the precious moderates and can never win a national election. Heck the RNC bailed on that Senate candidate in missouri in about 10 seconds and withdrew all of his funding. Sure he made a dumb statement and he apologized for it. That's hardly a reason to dump him on the spot. You'd have thought that pics came out that showed that candidate dressed in a sheet with the point hat giving the Heil Hitler salute and calling himself the Grand Kleagle. The way the RNC operates just makes me sick.

I do think that if Romney loses, the RNC will turn into almost a 3rd party. If they can't beat a guy with the record that Soetero has, who can they beat? I can tell you exactly who will be running in 2016 that we're gonna have to face....Hillary Klinton. Have you read ANY negative reports about her job performance since she's been in? Hell we just had 4 really good and decent men murdered by the Religion of Peace and they still can't call it terrorism and instead of doing something about those mobs of cavemen with rpg's they arrest and are going to try and send a man that made a goofy movie trailer about Muslims back to prison just to show the world of Islam that we take it serious when someone makes fun of Mohammed. So much so that we'll throw out the most important freedom our Constitution gives us, the Freedom of Speech just to make them happy and like us more. That's the state of the country we're in. Can you even fathom Reagan behaving this way if he were President right now? I would bet money that about 15 minutes after finding out that those men were murdered there would've been bombers heading that way post haste.

As for voting, I am a new citizen of the Republic of Texas and got my Voter Card in the mail a month ago acknowledging my registration and a team of wild pigs couldn't keep me away from that polling place on election day. If I happen to be DEAD, yeah I'll miss this vote.

For all of you that posted that you think Romney will win or win easily, from your mouth to GODS EARS. I hope and pray that you all are right. I wish I had your optimism, but I have just been down lately in seeing how Romney is handling this fight and how he is up against much more than just a guy named Soetero. All the constant negative headlines day after day, even though I knew they were coming, just get to me after a while and I find it difficult to comprehend how this is even a close race. This country is on the verge of going BANKRUPT and there is still a majority, or close to one, that could care less and will pull that lever for Soetero. I find it difficult that there are so many people that are that ignorant in this country and it really gets me down when I realize that there really are that many. I try to find the silver lining in the reports, but it's been getting tougher lately when you see and hear our guy appearing at the Bill Klinton forum to give a speech and talk about what a boost he has been to Soetero. Then you hear him talk about what a nice guy Soetero is. I get sick of it. Hell even Trump told Romney "STOP CALLING HIM A NICE GUY." He is up against a group that is absolutely vicious and would stop at nothing to destroy not only his political chances, but would also gladly destroy Romney as a man, a husband, a father and a businessman. Heck they've already pretty much destroyed his business acumen. Going up against people like that you'd think Romney would get the hint and fight, but he won't do it.

Is it too much to ask for Romney to get on stage and at least ACT like he WANTS to be President? Sometimes he looks like he's running for City Council for Bangor Maine.

Well it'll all come down to Wednesday night in Denver. The biggest audience will be tuned in and Romey has that chance to show what he has in him. Whether he loves this country enough to get on stage with a competitor that stopped just short of calling him a murderer and did accuse him of being a felon, and tell the people that he loves this country so much that he is willing to fight the hardest battle of his life to make it better and then takes the gloves off and shows why he is the best man for the job, the ONLY man for the job and that this country can't withstand another 4 years of Barry Soetero.

Maybe the most insulting thing I find is that we have a guy running for president that got an MBA and a JD at the same time from Harvard and is a brilliant businessman, by any objective measure and he's in the fight of his life against a guy that was an acknowledged DRUG ADDICT in high school and college, hung out with the most radical and anti-usa vermin that he could scrounge up (his own admission) and has never worked a day in the private sector and from what I can tell has never even owned or operated so much as a lemonade stand. And the press and a sizeable portion of the country actually thinks the Dope Addict is a better man to run and manage the biggest and most complex corporation the world has ever seen. It's just insulting.

GOD I hope Romney wins.

Nalajr

MarinePride
09-29-2012, 03:36
So you don't live in the USA anymore - are you not a US citizen, or just stationed overseas? A citizen of another country?

What does any of the above even matter? OK, I'll play along though, I am a US citizen who is living in Asia by my own choice.

FFR Spyder GT
09-29-2012, 07:17

Why on Earth would an Evangelical Christian vote for someone that belongs to a Nutjob religious cult?

GreenDrake
09-29-2012, 07:21
Lesser of two evils goes to incumbent, more often than not. Regardless, it's not the President we should be worried about, it's Congress.

Roger1079
09-29-2012, 07:34
I don't believe people are stupid enough to let Obama have 4 more years. So yea, I think Romney will win in a landslide.I have to disagree. W got a second term after proving to be a complete failure during his first. I don't see any reason why at this point that history will not repeat itself.

Kevin108
09-29-2012, 07:50
We have bases in over 170 countries around the world. We have 1.4 million people on active duty and another 1.4 million reserves. What about that suggests any need for more troops?

In one of Romney's latest addresses, he expresses a desire to to add 28 ships and 100,000 active duty personnel. Based on average costs, these additions carry an $84 billion price tag just for the initial buy-in. Bigger military is still bigger government.

Combine that with the outright attack against Ron Paul delegates at the RNC and it really doesn't seem likely that I can, with a clear conscience, hold my nose and vote for Romney. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.

If the GOP can't nominate a truly polarizing candidate that offers clear and inverse plan to what the progressives are doing, then there's really no point in voting. It's like choosing who's driving the car that broadsides you.

mabgrac
09-29-2012, 08:09
Yea I read about the polls all the time and hear the naysayers saying Romney can't win, but then I think about it and in my mind it seems almost impossible that Obama will be re-elected.

For one, I find it hard to believe anyone who voted for McCain will now be voting for Obama, so give Romney 99% of those votes. I find it hard to believe that at least 5 to 10 out of 100 2008 Obama voters won't switch over to Romney. I find it hard to believe that Democratic turnout will be anywhere near 2008 levels when so many people were excited about Obama. I find it hard to believe that the Anti-Obama vote won't turn out in record levels. I find it hard to believe that the youth vote will turn out for Obama like it did in 2008. I find it hard to believe that the black, Jewish, Union and Independent voters will turn out and vote for Obama like they did in 2008.

You can go down the line of the 2008 voting blocks and I can't see one set of constituents that Obama should do as well with this time as he did in 2008 except maybe the LGBT crowd and shockingly out of the gay people I know, which is only like 5 or 6 people, at least half of them are voting for Romney.

So to me it becomes a matter of do I believe what the polls and the media say or do I believe what my own eyes and thoughts tell me?

The other interesting thing is this time I see way fewer bumper stickers and signs for either candidate. Which I think probably bodes well for Romney.

I guess you could say I am cautiously optimistic Romney will win.

KalashniKEV
09-29-2012, 08:12

This. They didn't learn their lesson from the last time.

They need to:

1) Update their platform, or face losing relevance.
2) Clean their current house of all the losers.
3) Start growing leaders.

sheriff733
09-29-2012, 08:12
Yea I read about the polls all the time and hear the naysayers saying Romney can't win, but then I think about it and in my mind it seems almost impossible that Obama will be re-elected.

For one, I find it hard to believe anyone who voted for McCain will now be voting for Obama, so give Romney 99% of those votes. I find it hard to believe that at least 5 to 10 out of 100 2008 Obama voters won't switch over to Romney. I find it hard to believe that Democratic turnout will be anywhere near 2008 levels when so many people were excited about Obama. I find it hard to believe that the Anti-Obama vote won't turn out in record levels. I find it hard to believe that the youth vote will turn out for Obama like it did in 2008. I find it hard to believe that the black, Jewish, Union and Independent voters will turn out and vote for Obama like they did in 2008.

You can go down the line of the 2008 voting blocks and I can't see one set of constituents that Obama should do as well with this time as he did in 2008 except maybe the LGBT crowd and shockingly out of the gay people I know, which is only like 5 or 6 people, at least half of them are voting for Romney.

So to me it becomes a matter of do I believe what the polls and the media say or do I believe what my own eyes and thoughts tell me?

The other interesting thing is this time I see way fewer bumper stickers and signs for either candidate. Which I think probably bodes well for Romney.

I guess you could say I am cautiously optimistic Romney will win.

I think of it the exact same way.

Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

Hummer
09-29-2012, 08:27
Glad to know I'm not alone in my thinking. I pray all the time that GOD will bless the United States and put the desire to see America be great again in so many people's hearts that there would be no doubts on Wednesday morning. I just Pray that our people get out and vote and their people are too bombed on weed that they can't find the polls or so much Oxy makes them think the election is on Wednesday.

Is Romney my ideal candidate? NO. I wouldn't have minded Newt or Bachmann or Santorum. The problem why those true conservatives cannot get the nomination lies in the way the RNC has set up the primary system. It's a winner take all system so there can't be delegates getting together and pooling resources to get the right person in there. All the states in the beginning that play a HUGE factor in who will eventually get the nod are states that aren't that conservative. The RNC set this whole system up to get exactly what we have now, a moderate (at best) conservative and one that they think will appeal to a wider audience. The BIG WIGS in the RNC believes that conservatives scare the precious moderates and can never win a national election. Heck the RNC bailed on that Senate candidate in missouri in about 10 seconds and withdrew all of his funding. Sure he made a dumb statement and he apologized for it. That's hardly a reason to dump him on the spot. You'd have thought that pics came out that showed that candidate dressed in a sheet with the point hat giving the Heil Hitler salute and calling himself the Grand Kleagle. The way the RNC operates just makes me sick.

I do think that if Romney loses, the RNC will turn into almost a 3rd party. If they can't beat a guy with the record that Soetero has, who can they beat? I can tell you exactly who will be running in 2016 that we're gonna have to face....Hillary Klinton. Have you read ANY negative reports about her job performance since she's been in? Hell we just had 4 really good and decent men murdered by the Religion of Peace and they still can't call it terrorism and instead of doing something about those mobs of cavemen with rpg's they arrest and are going to try and send a man that made a goofy movie trailer about Muslims back to prison just to show the world of Islam that we take it serious when someone makes fun of Mohammed. So much so that we'll throw out the most important freedom our Constitution gives us, the Freedom of Speech just to make them happy and like us more. That's the state of the country we're in. Can you even fathom Reagan behaving this way if he were President right now? I would bet money that about 15 minutes after finding out that those men were murdered there would've been bombers heading that way post haste.

As for voting, I am a new citizen of the Republic of Texas and got my Voter Card in the mail a month ago acknowledging my registration and a team of wild pigs couldn't keep me away from that polling place on election day. If I happen to be DEAD, yeah I'll miss this vote.

For all of you that posted that you think Romney will win or win easily, from your mouth to GODS EARS. I hope and pray that you all are right. I wish I had your optimism, but I have just been down lately in seeing how Romney is handling this fight and how he is up against much more than just a guy named Soetero. All the constant negative headlines day after day, even though I knew they were coming, just get to me after a while and I find it difficult to comprehend how this is even a close race. This country is on the verge of going BANKRUPT and there is still a majority, or close to one, that could care less and will pull that lever for Soetero. I find it difficult that there are so many people that are that ignorant in this country and it really gets me down when I realize that there really are that many. I try to find the silver lining in the reports, but it's been getting tougher lately when you see and hear our guy appearing at the Bill Klinton forum to give a speech and talk about what a boost he has been to Soetero. Then you hear him talk about what a nice guy Soetero is. I get sick of it. Hell even Trump told Romney "STOP CALLING HIM A NICE GUY." He is up against a group that is absolutely vicious and would stop at nothing to destroy not only his political chances, but would also gladly destroy Romney as a man, a husband, a father and a businessman. Heck they've already pretty much destroyed his business acumen. Going up against people like that you'd think Romney would get the hint and fight, but he won't do it.

Is it too much to ask for Romney to get on stage and at least ACT like he WANTS to be President? Sometimes he looks like he's running for City Council for Bangor Maine.

Well it'll all come down to Wednesday night in Denver. The biggest audience will be tuned in and Romey has that chance to show what he has in him. Whether he loves this country enough to get on stage with a competitor that stopped just short of calling him a murderer and did accuse him of being a felon, and tell the people that he loves this country so much that he is willing to fight the hardest battle of his life to make it better and then takes the gloves off and shows why he is the best man for the job, the ONLY man for the job and that this country can't withstand another 4 years of Barry Soetero.

Maybe the most insulting thing I find is that we have a guy running for president that got an MBA and a JD at the same time from Harvard and is a brilliant businessman, by any objective measure and he's in the fight of his life against a guy that was an acknowledged DRUG ADDICT in high school and college, hung out with the most radical and anti-usa vermin that he could scrounge up (his own admission) and has never worked a day in the private sector and from what I can tell has never even owned or operated so much as a lemonade stand. And the press and a sizeable portion of the country actually thinks the Dope Addict is a better man to run and manage the biggest and most complex corporation the world has ever seen. It's just insulting.

GOD I hope Romney wins.

Nalajr

Well said, Nala, and worth reposting. I'm with you 100%

I'm struck by how many people in this thread are resigned to Romney losing because they believe the MSM hype and polls (showing Obama ahead) to be true, even though the same MSM is universally distrusted because of it's leftist bias.

What we know for certain is that any person who posts to GT and advocates voting for the marxist, anti-gun Obama or a third party candidate, is both a fool and a fraud with regard to their support for RKBA.

The Machinist
09-29-2012, 08:51
Romney is a liberal tool, and even the most indoctrinated GOP loyalists know it. He has no chance of unseating the current liberal in office, because the only thing Romney offers is a watered down version of what the Kenyan squatter already does. Most Americans enjoy the fruits of other peoples' labor, and will vote for the guy who can most effectively use the government's monopoly on violent force to extract money from the producer class. That man is Obama.

rick458
09-29-2012, 09:02
Remember Conservative Voters are "Conservative" quietly going about their business.
very few will beat shouting from the rooftops, but they WILL vote.
And I believe the White guilt issue that got O many votes last time will not be a factor.
Trust in the hard working people to vote, and the lazy people to keep being lazy.

simotek
09-29-2012, 09:06
If he gets the turnout I think he can win. He really doesn't seem to excite the base that much, but if enough people are frustrated with Obama they may turn out in force. He definitely needs it in the swing states.

I can tell you VA is going to be very close.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pirateguy191
09-29-2012, 09:11
Romney 53% DingleBarry 46%
Ron Paul/Gary Johnson = irrelevant

elsolo
09-29-2012, 09:34
Does anybody know any Obama voters that are not voting for him this time? It seems like all the ones I know are just as excited this time around.

Does anybody know any conservative voters that are fed up and might not vote for the "R" in November? I sure do.

HexHead
09-29-2012, 09:39
I fear Romney is bringing a knife to a gunfight. I just don't think he's the kind of person who's willing to roll around in the mud with 0bama. It's just not who he is.

BamaBud
09-29-2012, 10:00
How many of you have heard of the "Shy Tory" phenomena?

God, I pray that it happens here in November!!

Restless28
09-29-2012, 10:05
I fear Romney is bringing a knife to a gunfight. I just don't think he's the kind of person who's willing to roll around in the mud with 0bama. It's just not who he is.

There it is. He's not a tough guy.

Romney will narrowly lose.

Big Dog Dad
09-29-2012, 10:51
Let's hope it's like the first Reagan election where nobody gave him chance. Of course, I also believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the proper administration of all the entitlements. On second thought, I wonder what the weather in South America is like in November. Is this country becoming a contestant in the worldly "I bet I can ruin my country faster than you can!" I personally think 4 years with no government would be an improvement. Good Luck!

-=BDD=-

frank4570
09-29-2012, 11:05
Does anybody know any Obama voters that are not voting for him this time? It seems like all the ones I know are just as excited this time around.

I actually do know a few people who thought Obama was going to straighten out the economy, and are now pissed. They might jump ship.

G29Reload
09-29-2012, 11:13
I think Romney has a decent chance at winning. Not a sure thing by any means, but he's running against Obama, the democrat party Lie Machine and aided by fawning press who's intellectual dishonesty and lack of objectivity is reaching historic lows.

The debates will tell the tale. Most polls are wrong. Very few are trustworthy, I go with Rasmussen mostly.

G29Reload
09-29-2012, 11:16

Does anybody know any conservative voters that are fed up and might not vote for the "R" in November? I sure do.

I'm seeing just the opposite.

Many who voted for O last time are disappointed and disillusioned. Won't vote for him again.

By contrast, I can't think of anyone who voted for McCain last time and chomping at the bit to vote for zero.

mabgrac
09-29-2012, 11:26

My wife. She voted for Obama last time(we weren't together yet). So far she says she is sitting this election out. She won't vote Rep. because her parents are diehard Blue Dog democrats, but she knows how much income I have lost over the last 4 years and that many of Obama's policies have been a big reason why.

mike g35
09-29-2012, 11:29

A complete overhaul of the entire system actually but good point and good post. I believe we will have to shatter as a nation before things get better. We must fall so we can rise.

Big Dog Dad
09-29-2012, 11:33
There are a lot of people who say they aren't voting for zero, but they also don't like Romney and won't vote for him either. Let me get this straight. If zero got ten votes and Ricky, Lucy, Fred, and Ethyl each got 5 votes a piece, take a guess who won. Splitting the conservative vote amongst ten different candidates gives zero 4 more years and our lives another 4 years of this nightmare. It's not that difficult of a concept or maybe I give the American population too much credit for intelligence.

-=BDD=-

tantrix
09-29-2012, 11:35
There are a lot of people who say they aren't voting for zero, but they also don't like Romney and won't vote for him either. Let me get this straight. If zero got ten votes and Ricky, Lucy, Fred, and Ethyl each got 5 votes a piece, take a guess who won. Splitting the conservative vote amongst ten different candidates gives zero 4 more years and our lives another 4 years of this nightmare. It's not that difficult of a concept or maybe I give the American population too much credit for intelligence.

-=BDD=-

I'll still sleep well at night after my vote for Gary Johnson.

Not my fault the GOP sucks ass. Try again in 2016.

KalashniKEV
09-29-2012, 11:36
The debates will tell the tale.

This.

I'm very much looking forward to the debates. :cool:

filthy infidel
09-29-2012, 11:37
Those of us who were around when Reagan was running against Carter heard a constant bombardment by the media how Carter was ahead and would win. Reagan was behind in the polls the whole time but most people were tired of the economy and Carter's weakness as a president. I kind of see the same thing happening again. I don't see Obama having the same support he had the first time. Except for the radical left/media you don't hear the same rhetoric as we heard the first time.

On the other hand, the media is doing a pretty good job of making you guys drink the koolaid thinking Obama is going to win.

My suggestion, is instead of wringing ones hands about Obama, get off your butts and go help Romney win. I never before got involved in a campaign and I was never a Romney supporter. However, this year I volunteered to work on his campaign. I am not doing it for him. I am doing it for my kids and this country.

Its not even about ideology anymore. This country is about to collapse. Obama has failed and can't stop it. Romney can at least slow it down. Maybe long enough for someone to figure something out.

This is the third thing I cling to, and after I get home from work I go to the local GOP campaign office and donate two more hours of my day. Sounds like dire straits but I do believe that the nation as we know it hangs in the balance of what we find November 7.

KalashniKEV
09-29-2012, 11:42

This too.

The GOP has a choice to make- purge the social conservatives, neo-cons, and new world orderists and make them the third party... then update their platform to reflect American values.

OR

Continue on failing to grow leaders, failing to inspire the constituency, finding some sad sack to stand in for their candidate and forcing him to revise his entire political life to fit their jacked up mold... and watch people stay home, vote third party, or hope they will vote against their values for the lesser of two evils.

mabgrac
09-29-2012, 14:28
You 3rd party guys really should consider focusing your efforts on local politics first and foremost. That way you have a chance of winning and actually getting some of your ideas enacted. Once you have some power on the local level then start on getting some statewide and perhaps one day nationally. I have to admit I am more Libertarian than Republican, but I must be more Pragmatist than Libertarian, because I feel like voting 3rd party in a Presidential election is just a silly protest that accomplishes nothing.

G29Reload
09-29-2012, 14:36
I'm all for purging the GOP of the elitists.

They completely diss the success of the Reagan years?

WTF for? You could retain power indefinitely if you had his magic, just do the right thing and they'll keep you around. You don't need to be a dem imitator trying to impress the social liberals with big government.

Make people rich by making government smaller and less financially burdensome. Lower taxes…end up getting more money ANYWAY by broadening the base and getting more people in the game since entry points are lower to starting businesses, buying houses, etc.

jtmac
09-29-2012, 15:34
You 3rd party guys really should consider focusing your efforts on local politics first and foremost. That way you have a chance of winning and actually getting some of your ideas enacted. Once you have some power on the local level then start on getting some statewide and perhaps one day nationally. I have to admit I am more Libertarian than Republican, but I must be more Pragmatist than Libertarian, because I feel like voting 3rd party in a Presidential election is just a silly protest that accomplishes nothing.

I tend to agree, but this year I'm not following this advice.

I was fairly conflicted because while I cannot vote for Obama, I also could not find it within me to vote for Romney. A friend pointed out to me, though, that I live in a state that the Republicans will win free and clear. My vote won't to much to help the "Republican cause", so I can let it serve as the very important statistic that is people refusing to support the big two.

Big Dog Dad
09-29-2012, 17:27

I just hope you have a place to sleep after 4 more years of this marxist!

-=BDD=-

Nalapombu
09-29-2012, 17:27
I'm all for purging the GOP of the elitists.

They completely diss the success of the Reagan years?

WTF for? You could retain power indefinitely if you had his magic, just do the right thing and they'll keep you around. You don't need to be a dem imitator trying to impress the social liberals with big government.

You are right, I would love to see a Balls to the Wall full blown conservative run for Prez and actually get out there each day and articulate our beliefs and teach people what conservatism really is and means. every time it's tried it succeeds.

I believe the reason they try and purge all the great memories of Reagan is that the REAL Movers and Shakers of the Republican party never liked Reagan, he embarrassed them with their Manhattan swells and their Georgetown Cocktail Circuit.

I've heard Limbaugh tell stories about when he lived in Manhattan and would go to these Ahoy Polloi Cocktail parties with the beautiful people and repub insiders and he told of how the men would come up to him and berate him about how they had to get rid of the hicks in the party that pushed the anti-abortion stuff, the guns, and religion stuff. They said they caught too much flack from their wives about how their party made them all look like hayseed religious hicks and they couldn't stand it when their liberal friends made fun of them because they had these types of people in the party that actually had principles and moral clarity.

Heck on Friday Limbaugh told another story that happened last year, I think, but it wasn't very long ago at all. He had a dinner party and his guests were very conservative and well known with their wives in tow. He said the conversation quickly went to politics and then almost all of the guests started in on him about how "we have to get Sarah Palin out of this party, get rid of her, send her back to Alaska and keep her there. She's ignorant, can't articulate properly, is from a hayseed, second rate college and had no heritage to point to. Basically calling her everything but a white woman right to Rush's face at his dinner party. He said they told him they were sick of picking up the Times every morning and hearing about all the stupid comments she was making and ignorant policies she was advocating. They wanted her and her kind GONE from the Republican party, they made them look bad to their friends. They were sick of hearing it from their liberal pals of how stupid all the major republicans were. Limbaugh said it angered him to the point that he was actually yelling at his guests and he just got up and left, got out of the house and called his pilot and hopped on his plane and left that night without even speaking to them at his home before he left.

That's what we're up against. These major players in the RNC don't like the issues that WE care about and believe are important to the survival of our Republic. They don't like us constantly bringing up abortion. They can't stand us having an unfailing belief and reliance on GOD. They also get ticked off when we tell OUR Reps in DC that we want something done about Illegal Immigration. These people have a yard full of illegals in their city homes in Georgetown on Embassy Row, several at their country estates in Virginia that care for their horses and property and probably a couple maids in their uptown NYC apartments to take care of the cooking and cleaning so their wives won't have to concern themselves with the possibility of breaking a nail from their newly minted manicure and pedicure. And don't forget they also have to have drivers, you don't think they drive themselves do you? Then you have the kids. These women don't actually RAISE their babies, what in the world has gotten into your heads that would make you think such a thing? Those babies are arm candy when it's Christmas Card time and the rest of the year they'll have 3 or 4 nannies taking care of them and when they get older, it's off to exclusive boarding schools in Switzerland and St. Moritz. Hell I don't even know where that last place is.

Anyway, you can see all the illegals around these Movers and Shakers in the RNC. Did you think that Chief Justice Roberts was going to risk the wrath of his wife and his numerous Mexican workers in and about his houses and rule FOR Arizona in that landmark case? You seen it right up close that time.

I didn't even mention GUNS, but you know that issue is just like Abortion to these people we are talking about. They'd sink the 2nd amendment in a New York second if they had a belief that conservatives would have to vote for them regardless of what they done.

All these issues are important to us, so much so that we believe the fate of the country is at stake if they aren't dealt with the right way. The BIG WIGS couldn't care less and in fact would probably more in line with Chuck Schumer if the truth was known. They don't want to be thought of or lumped in with "those anti abortion people that carry guns and Bibles and kill decent abortion providers who also hate gay people and would gladly celebrate every one of them dying a horrible death from AIDS.

Makes me sick to think about the kind of people that run the RNC, but I believe that's the reality these days. It would take a really LONG time and some very hard work to purge the RNC of these people that undermine conservatism at every turn. It HAS to start at the GRASS ROOTS. You have to get conservative in office in the small races first, then you take on the entrenched RINO's and get rid of them for good.

Think about it, lets take Orrin Hatch. The man has been in the Senate for what...about 40 years? He's the most powerful RNC member of the critical Judiciary Committee in the Senate. Did you ever see him, one single time, stand up and fight FOR the constitution when Klinton and Soetero sent up nominees to the Federal Bench and Supreme Court like Ruth Bader Ginsburg, The WISE Latina, Elena Kagan and the like? These are the most anti-american, Constitution hating judges in the history of the USA. The Latina refused to even answer a simple question on whether a person has the right to defend himself if he is sitting in his chair and someone breaks into his house and threatens him. Wouldn't answer it. How is that even possible? The whole time there's Ole Orrin that sat there grinning from ear to ear like a Cheshire Cat saying "who me..do something?" Here's my vote Wise Latina and Kagan, enjoy your DECADES on the Supreme Court where you can destroy as much as you can of the Traditions and beliefs that the people of this country have held sacred for 200 years and died by the hundreds of thousands insuring that their kids would get to live in Freedom FROM an Overreaching Federal Government. When it's time for re-election and he's facing the toughest challenge he has ever faced, you see ALL of the Republican Intelligentsia coming to his defense and telling anyone that would listen that the Constitution has had no better friend than Orrin Hatch and he has fought battles with Liberals over court nominees for decades. Hell I'd like to see one that he's fought. He's never fought hard enough to get a liberal voted down or his nomination taken back by the Prez cause there was too much radicalization in their past.

You wanna know how to shape the court...go back and watch what the democRATs with some of their willing allies in the Republican Party did to one of the most talented judicial scholars and jurists this country has ever seen, Robert Bork. The Dems can pull that technique off time after time, but the Repubs led by Hatch can't get the Dems to take back the nomination for a Federal Dog Catcher that is too radical.

The entire party needs rooting out, the sooner the better.

I still pray that Romeny can pull it off and that all these goofy polls are wrong.

SORRY for my GOING ON and ON and ON and ON.

Nalajr

onebigelf
09-29-2012, 17:34
I think the polls are full of crap. I believe they are being run like they are so that when the vote fraud and rigged poll results give the election to Obama, the media can say, "Yep, that's right in line with what the polls said, nothing to see here, move along."

I don't think Romney has a prayer, because no matter how the vote goes, the counting will show Obama. I think there will be a "surprise" sweep of house and senate seats as well, resulting in Democrats resuming their complete control of both houses of congress.

I think we're done.

John

NIB
09-29-2012, 17:48
Of course Romney will lose, look at the state of the Republican party and it's constituents.

We have Republicans who won't vote because they don't think the candidate is worthy of their votes.

The only issues that we seem to care for are Gays, Abortions, and God.

In the 2008 election, the younger Republicans working for the campaign suggested to McCain that they utilize social media on internet. McCain the dinosaur refused. All the while Obammer used it to the fullest extent.

In the end, Democrats will vote Democrat regardless of what they think of their candidate. Just look at all the anti-abortion Catholics and Christians that continue to vote Democrat. Look at Senators Feinstein and Boxer, no one knows what they do or have done for the state of California but people will vote for them as long as they are democrats.

KalashniKEV
09-29-2012, 18:22
The only issues that we seem to care for are Gays, Abortions, and God.

...and I think they could gain a lot of viability by embracing American values and ending the Hate.

Hell... if they can't update the platform to reflect modern civilization, at least don't talk about it, or make the line, "pro status quo, no changes, no discussion."

The GOP has been in ruin for years. They must either push some folks out to make the third party, or risk becoming the third party.

frank4570
09-29-2012, 18:24
...and I think they could gain a lot of viability by embracing American values and ending the Hate.

Hell... if they can't update the platform to reflect modern civilization, at least don't talk about it, or make the line, "pro status quo, no changes, no discussion."

The GOP has been in ruin for years. They must either push some folks out to make the third party, or risk becoming the third party.

I think their plan is to pick up the hispanic vote trough amnesties, and just stay the course.

Paul7
09-29-2012, 18:42
I think Romney will win. I think people that are undecided aren't suddenly going to feel like the last four years were great. They might, however, suddenly realize that they've sucked.

Traditionally, the undecideds vote against the incumbent.

KalashniKEV
09-29-2012, 18:48
I think their plan is to pick up the hispanic vote trough amnesties, and just stay the course.

I don't believe there is a Hispanic vote for them.

Every time I question it someone says, "OMG... Miami!... blah blah... Cuba!"

That might be one guy and his familia, but seriously, I just don't see it...

Flying-Dutchman
09-29-2012, 18:56
Notice Liberals are always worrying about the GOP being in ruins.

We will be OK. Thanks for the concern.

If we lose what should be a blowout (well if not for media bias) maybe it is time for a new party.

How about The Social Democrats VS. The People’s Revolutionary Worker’s Party

We need a real choice.

G29Reload
09-29-2012, 18:56
With the exception of a really dishonest press backing him, I don't see HOW Obama can get re-elected.

A majority of the country has to walk into the polling booths and say, yeah, I want more of THIS!

Everything has gotten worse. Not a damn thing has gotten better. Nothing.

Gas is worse.

Unemployment is worse.

The economy in general is worse.

The state of the world and how we're viewed and treated is worse.

The stock market is up on heavily inflated dollars.

Our currency is becoming worthless (helping to keep gas high since they want more of it to make up for its devaluation.

Food prices are waaay up.

Our military is being gutted.

There is nothing on the event horizon save Zero getting un-elected that will fix things. And the taxamageddon coming Jan first along with obamacare is just gonna push us over the cliff.

tantrix
09-29-2012, 19:00
Notice Liberals are always worrying about the GOP being in ruins.

We will be OK. Thanks for the concern.

The GOP has been in ruins for...YEARS. :rofl: :rofl:

devildog2067
09-29-2012, 19:02
Everything has gotten worse. Not a damn thing has gotten better. Nothing.

I'm no Obama fan, but I can think of one thing immediately: US military combat deaths. They're at the lowest point in many, many years.

Flying-Dutchman
09-29-2012, 19:17
I'm no Obama fan, but I can think of one thing immediately: US military combat deaths. They're at the lowest point in many, many years.
By projecting weakness, Obama is setting us up for many, many military deaths.

We had a peaceful period under Reagan because of his shoot-first-ask-questions-later cowboy image in the movies.

The world was terrified Reagan would start WWIII so our enemies behaved.

And as far as Reagan’s likeability versus Romney’s, Reagan was hated by the MSM.

They like him now that he is dead.

G29Reload
09-29-2012, 19:19
By projecting weakness, Obama is setting us up for many, many military deaths.

The world was terrified Reagan would start WWIII so our enemies behaved.

Funny how that works. The tard in the white house doesn't get it.

fjrdc
09-29-2012, 19:21
VOTE YOU MORONS!!!!!!! AND talk to everyone you Know and motivate them!!!:wedgie:

Restless28
09-29-2012, 19:22

Facts are not allowed in this thread. Only talking points are acceptable.

BTW, that's one of the best accomplishments of this administration.

Restless28
09-29-2012, 19:23
VOTE YOU MORONS!!!!!!! AND talk to everyone you Know and motivate them!!!:wedgie:

Morons?

Peace Warrior
09-29-2012, 19:25
If I were a gambling man, I'd bet my last dollar on "four more years."

devildog2067
09-29-2012, 19:27
We had a peaceful period under Reagan because of his shoot-first-ask-questions-later cowboy image in the movies.

We had a peaceful period under Reagan because the Soviets were busy fighting the Afghans and the Iraqis were busy fighting the Iranians. The Chinese were busy trying not to starve to death. We were selling weapons to Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden. The world was a different place, and the other big superpower was busy falling apart. The Islamist rage was focused on them, since they were there.

Restless28
09-29-2012, 19:31
We had a peaceful period under Reagan because the Soviets were busy fighting the Afghans and the Iraqis were busy fighting the Iranians. The Chinese were busy trying not to starve to death. We were selling weapons to Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden. The world was a different place, and the other big superpower was busy falling apart. The Islamist rage was focused on them, since they were there.

Another winning post.

berto62
09-29-2012, 19:42
I don't believe there is a Hispanic vote for them.

Every time I question it someone says, "OMG... Miami!... blah blah... Cuba!"

That might be one guy and his familia, but seriously, I just don't see it...

You need to get out more:supergrin: Most of the Hispanics I know are very conservative family oriented and always vote republican

sheriff733
09-29-2012, 19:53
Facts are not allowed in this thread. Only talking points are acceptable.

BTW, that's one of the only accomplishments of this administration.

Fixed.

Flying-Dutchman
09-29-2012, 19:55
Reagan was the first President I voted for and was allowed to vote for. I lived through those times, remember them well and it was not as cut- and-dried as you paint it.

It was a very uncertain time. WWIII was a real possibility. If you asked me then what my odds were of making it to 2012, I would have put it at 30%.

And Obama is projecting weakness. That strange apology at the UN about an obscure video tape will go down in infamy.

Showing weakness will get us into a war. This emboldens our enemies causing them to misjudge us. Our enemies only understand and respect strength. We need to draw a line in the sand they know not to cross.

berto62
09-29-2012, 19:58
http://img3.wpdigital.net/rf/image_606w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2012/09/24/Editorial-Opinion/Graphics/toles09252012.jpg

ROGER4314
09-29-2012, 20:15
For years, I avoided politics like the plague. I finally realized that people like me who were disgusted and who didn't participate, let those clowns run this nation into the ditch.

I still hate politics and politicians but I am registered to vote against Obama and anyone who thinks like he does. I don't speak out or participate in discussions but folks like me will get to the polls and vote Obama out of office. I'm mad, totally fed up and I will vote!

Flash

Flying-Dutchman
09-29-2012, 20:18
The GOP has been in ruins for...YEARS. :rofl: :rofl:
We did OK in 2010; Gave Pelosi the boot. Now is our chance to fire Obama. We shall see. The Tea Party is the future of the GOP. The Tea Party is not going away.

Geko45
09-29-2012, 20:22

Ah! The good ole days!

ArtificialGrape
09-29-2012, 20:29
After the past 4 years you would think that an unnamed "not Obama" candidate would have a decent chance of beating Obama, but I don't think Romney will pull it off.

-ArtificialGrape

Magnus2131
09-29-2012, 20:29
All the biased polls might discourage some not to vote but it won't stop me. I think he wins in spite of the media and the Paulites.

Woofie
09-29-2012, 22:18

Romney is an Etch-A-Sketch. He just gets shaken and comes up with something new to say depending on the crowd. His campaign manager even admitted the strategy.

Diesel McBadass
09-29-2012, 22:19
Romney aint as bad as people make him out to be, wasn't my first choice but i think hes a cool enough guy, Ryan on the other hand, hes legit. wish he was running for prez.

Woofie
09-29-2012, 22:29

-=BDD=-

Stop giving the GOP a participation trophy. Trophies are for winners.

If Romney loses maybe the Republicans will get themselves a Rocky montage.

CLoft239
09-30-2012, 05:56
If I happen to be DEAD, yeah I'll miss this vote.

No, you'll just end up voting Democrat, like tons of other dead people do.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

MarinePride
09-30-2012, 05:58
As each day passes, more and more people are losing at the game of life. Because of this, they will vote for the candidate that is perceived to give them stuff. Obama and the Dems fit the criteria for this and the Repubs. just don't.

The election will still be close, but Obama is gonna steal it. Ohio is a must win and Obama is ahead there.

Flying-Dutchman
09-30-2012, 06:13
Ah! The good ole days!
Yep, the Cold War was a lot of fun; playing nuclear chicken with the Russians.

The problem is we didn’t know we would win.

It looks so easy now to those who didn’t live through it.

The Soviets collapsed thanks to Reagan’s military buildup and unwavering resolve.

Reagan was the Great Communicator.

Obama will go down as the Great Divider.

Both are Teflon Presidents.

Reagan was Teflon because while the media hated him, the people loved him so nothing would stick.

Obama is Teflon because the media protects him while 50% of the people despise him.

KalashniKEV
09-30-2012, 07:45
If we lose what should be a blowout (well if not for media bias) maybe it is time for a new party.

How about The Social Democrats VS. The People’s Revolutionary Worker’s Party

We need a real choice.

1) That's what I'm saying the continued failure to produce a viable candidate.
2) Wait... is Obama the Social Democrat and Romney is the PRWP, or the other way around?
3) +1000

The GOP has been in ruins for...YEARS.

Denial helps.

"The polls aren't real, maaaaan! That's just the media workin' their propaganda machine! Romney's gonna win EASY!"

I think some of the posters on these recent threads are on bath salts or something... :tongueout:

+1000

Obama's got it ON AND POPPIN' in the FATA/NW PAK. There's so much I disagree with, but I love him for that.

Facts.

You need to get out more:supergrin: Most of the Hispanics I know are very conservative family oriented and always vote republican

Well, they must be all in Florida...

KalashniKEV
09-30-2012, 07:49
Romney aint as bad as people make him out to be, wasn't my first choice but i think hes a cool enough guy, Ryan on the other hand, hes legit. wish he was running for prez.

http://www.pricescope.com/files/images/54b3e46b_not-sure-if-serious.jpeg

Roger1079
09-30-2012, 08:20
Well, they must be all in Florida...Actually, down in Miami where most of the concentration of the Latin American population is in South FL, just about everyone I have come in contact with seems to be an Obama supporter.

KalashniKEV
09-30-2012, 08:36
Actually, down in Miami where most of the concentration of the Latin American population is in South FL, just about everyone I have come in contact with seems to be an Obama supporter.

That's what I'm saying... and yet Miami is always held up as this place full of conservative Latinos... because they're CUBAN!

(I have no idea what that means, but that's what they always say...)

Restless28
09-30-2012, 09:40
Its been posted before, but its a great illustration of how Romney has been forced upon us. You have Romney or Obama. What a choice.

http://youtu.be/obz1OeUMdqU

50 Cent
09-30-2012, 10:02
This is even better :

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/09/what-to-make-of-declining-democratic-registration.php?ModPagespeed=noscript

Obungo ahead by 10 pts in OH? Guess Obamacare is gonna raise alot of people from the dead come Nov. :rofl:

Geko45
09-30-2012, 10:08
Its been posted before, but its a great illustration of how Romney has been forced upon us. You have Romney or Obama. What a choice.

http://youtu.be/obz1OeUMdqU

And this is why we should stop accepting the "lesser evil" put forth by the RNC. Only when the Republican Party is rendered moot on the national political stage will there be an opportunity for a new/honest conservative party to take hold.

Restless28
09-30-2012, 10:46
From today's AP story...

If the election were held today, an Associated Press analysis shows Obama would win at least 271 electoral votes, with likely victories in crucial Ohio and Iowa along with 19 other states and the District of Columbia. Romney would win 23 states for a total of 206.

To oust the Democratic incumbent, Romney would need to take up-for-grabs Florida, Colorado, Nevada, North Carolina, New Hampshire and Virginia, which would put him at 267 votes, and upend Obama in either Ohio or Iowa.

Mitt would have to pull off a miracle.

berto62
09-30-2012, 11:29
This is even better :

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/09/what-to-make-of-declining-democratic-registration.php?ModPagespeed=noscript

Obungo ahead by 10 pts in OH? Guess Obamacare is gonna raise alot of people from the dead come Nov. :rofl:

Republicans seem to be doing the same thing

Florida elections officials said Friday that at least 10 counties have identified suspicious and possibly fraudulent voter registration forms turned in by a firm working for the Republican Party of Florida

I do agree that the Democrats do a better job at voter fraud:rofl:

Flying-Dutchman
09-30-2012, 12:01
From today's AP story...

If the election were held today, an Associated Press analysis shows Obama would win at least 271 electoral votes, with likely victories in crucial Ohio and Iowa along with 19 other states and the District of Columbia. Romney would win 23 states for a total of 206.

To oust the Democratic incumbent, Romney would need to take up-for-grabs Florida, Colorado, Nevada, North Carolina, New Hampshire and Virginia, which would put him at 267 votes, and upend Obama in either Ohio or Iowa.

Mitt would have to pull off a miracle.
The funny thing about it is if Obama wins, unless he locks down the Country like a dictator, the Tea Party will be fired up into a frenzy and make great gains.

It would be the best thing for the Tea Party. Very bad for the Country though.

Obama will end up the most despised President ever if he wins a second term.

kat1950
09-30-2012, 12:50
Hey all,

This campaign he has been running has been angering me more and more over the last few weeks and I just cannot understand why he is behind in a race where an astute candidate or politician would be 10 points ahead. I guess this is the new Republican party. We haven't had a REAL Conservative or a candidate that took it to the democRATs and wouldn't let them get away with their usual trash for over 30 years, Reagan. Is there anyone reading this that really thinks that if given the same situation that Reagan would be wiping the floor with Soetero? This guy is a friggin' clown, dumb as a damn post and a bigger liar than Klinton and our candidate is so damn bad that he can beat him. That really says something there. I just don't think the establishment republican party members, the ones that actually RUN the party, have it in them to actually fight. They're content to have an intellectual discourse in a gentlemanly manner and if they lose, well they'll still get to be on nice committees and their Cocktail Party Circuit invites will still be there. They don't like people like us that are conservatives. We embarrass them with the abortion talk, gun stuff, the occasional Birth Certificate questions and demanding the border be controlled. They don't like that and as soon as they get our votes, they are back to their usual selves.

The Romney campaign has to be one of the worst run presidential campaigns I have ever seen and I've been a political follower since my first repub presidential vote for REAGAN. He is NOT going to take it to Soetero. That's just not the way he is or thinks things need to be done. He and his team ought to be totally ashamed to be trailing in this race, it should literally be a walk and if we had a decent candidate that really FIGHTS, it would be. Have you seen Soetero taking his gloves off at ANY time? NO. He doesn't mind one bit about putting an ad out accusing your opponent of being responsible for the death of a mans wife from Cancer. That's what Romney is running against and his response is to continually call Soetero a "Nice Guy, Good Husband and father." How's that worked for ya Mitt?

Well my thoughts are if we can't win this one, I'm done with politics and the Republican party. There won't be anything left in 5 years worth fighting for. I'll just stay here in Texas and hope they decide to secede from the union.

Anyone else find ANY reason in this race to be optimistic?

Nalajr

P.S. If Soetero wins again, we all better gird our loins cause we ain't seen nothing yet. You think he was bad these 4 years, he'll pull everything he can to get whatever he wants. He's already showed he could care less about going thru Congress for anything. I'm talking all illegals being "effectively" legalized with the stroke of a pen. Probably lots of onerous gun and ammo rules and regulations, especially with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, which is what their plan has been for a while, and the UN. It'll be a helluva mess for us, a paradise for the Marxists though.

This is a much different country than post world war 2 where all Americans were hard working patriotic people, these are the people who built this country to be the greatest in the world, the immigrants entering this country followed that dream of hard work and they would be rewarded , as they were.The Democratic presidents as Harry Truman was a true American with a no Bull**** attitude, and then there was John Kennedy who in his inauguration speech said Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country.

Our new society are lazy complacent computer raised moochers,their idea of working hard is typing something in the Google bar, turning to Hollywood for moral values and a way of life,75 per cent of the legal immigrants are looking for something for nothing, so of course they are going to vote for this socialist President.

As for the way Romney is handling his campaign, having dealt with millionaires my whole life, they are very short on talk and have much dryer personalities, they are more on action and less on talk, and I think the average person is having a hard time relating to a very successful semi conservative person trying to be a regular person.

Lets wait and see what the debates bring.

GlockPistola
09-30-2012, 13:42
I am looking forward to the Presidential and VP debates

Two sociopaths working hard at being the better liar. The only way I am watching this debate is if Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum get injected with sodium pentothal prior to speaking.

Glockworks
09-30-2012, 16:10
IMO, those who voted for McCain/Palin and have not lowered their IQ scores since will vote for Romney/Ryan. Some of those who voted for Obama/Biden will not make the same mistake again.

Now I understand the black bigots and liberals of all colors will still do so, but others who did it for other reasons will realize the huge mistake they made and either not vote or vote correctly this time.

At least this is my theory.

KalashniKEV
09-30-2012, 16:25
...but others who did it for other reasons will realize the huge mistake they made and either not vote or vote correctly this time.

"Vote correctly"

LOVE IT!

Does it make you feel dumb to write stuff like that though?

The funny thing about it is if Obama wins, unless he locks down the Country like a dictator, the Tea Party will be fired up into a frenzy and make great gains.

The TEA Party is in worse shape than the GOP!

The GOP doesn't know who they are anymore... the TEA Party never (or perhaps only for a brief moment) did!

The TEA (as in Taxed-Enough-Already) Party has been hijacked by the Bible Thumping American Taliban and the Kookistani Patriot Movement to capitalize on the momentum.

A lot of us can get behind any smaller gov/ lower taxes movement, but as soon as you get some fool out there saying, "Faaaaaags is gunna BURN!" at the TEA Party rally?

Anyone with a brain is going to run far away...

Restless28
09-30-2012, 16:34
"Vote correctly"

LOVE IT!

Does it make you feel dumb to write stuff like that though?

The TEA Party is in worse shape than the GOP!

The GOP doesn't know who they are anymore... the TEA Party never (or perhaps only for a brief moment) did!

The TEA (as in Taxed-Enough-Already) Party has been hijacked by the Bible Thumping American Taliban and the Kookistani Patriot Movement to capitalize on the momentum.

A lot of us can get behind any smaller gov/ lower taxes movement, but as soon as you get some fool out there saying, "Faaaaaags is gunna BURN!" at the TEA Party rally?

Anyone with a brain is going to run far away...

Exactly right. Most of the local Tea Party folks here hate gays and are anti-choice. They are also religious hypocrites.

That's not liberty. That's bigotry and fascism. The Tea Party sold out Ron Paul for Mitt. They are pathetic.

tsmo1066
09-30-2012, 16:35
I think the current polls and TV talking head dialogues are all more-or-less meaningless. It's all about the debates and we'll see how things stand then.

I recall the same "Bush doesn't have a chance" talk when he was running (and faltering) against Gore. When he held his own in the debates, however, momentum started to shift and he managed to pull it off. Reagan did the same against Carter, as did Clinton against Bush #1 (with some help from Perot!).

G29Reload
09-30-2012, 16:40
From today's AP story...

Clue here.

:rofl:

G29Reload
09-30-2012, 16:41
Bit of history for the uninformed:

At this point in 1980, Reagan was behind Carter by a good bit.

How did that turn out?

The Machinist
09-30-2012, 16:45
Bit of history for the uninformed:

At this point in 1980, Reagan was behind Carter by a good bit.

How did that turn out?
That was over thirty years ago, and Mittens is not Reagan. Not by a long shot.

Providence
09-30-2012, 17:24
I actually think it has little to do with the debates, and more to do with who will get out and vote. If we vote, we win.

But, just for discussion... Just this afternoon, I heard a radio discussion ,among Doctors, about the effects of Obamacare. According this radio discussion, the 716 Billion $ cuts to Medicare are on the payment side of things. According to them, benefits are not cut, only payments to hospitals and Doctors. That is why Drs are refusing to treat Medicare patients. I realize that a segment of people will judge the Drs, and I a certainly not a fan of theirs, but if you can't make a living with Medicare, you have to punt and go where you can make a living. This should be part of the discussion. Not who wins the debate, or who Is smarter, or whatever else people think. Has Obama's policies worked... Except for Obama phones and food stamps.

Please vote! It's that important!

Restless28
09-30-2012, 17:32
I actually think it has little to do with the debates, and more to do with who will get out and vote. If we vote, we win.

But, just for discussion... Just this afternoon, I heard a radio discussion ,among Doctors, about the effects of Obamacare. According this radio discussion, the 716 Billion $ cuts to Medicare are on the payment side of things. According to them, benefits are not cut, only payments to hospitals and Doctors. That is why Drs are refusing to treat Medicare patients. I realize that a segment of people will judge the Drs, and I a certainly not a fan of theirs, but if you can't make a living with Medicare, you have to punt and go where you can make a living. This should be part of the discussion. Not who wins the debate, or who Is smarter, or whatever else people think. Has Obama's policies worked... Except for Obama phones and food stamps.

The majority of doctors that I know live high on the hog and are surely in debt up to their eyeballs after school and their lifestyle.

I don't see them going anywhere. They are looking at the $, not the patients.

SpoiledBySig
09-30-2012, 17:47
I just can't see people all going to the voting booths and voting for Obama. Not with this economy, not with this general outlook, not with what's going on in the Middle East.

I truly believe Romney will win. If Obama wins...look out. It'll mean the Lame Steam Media won it for him and everybody who actually voted for him the 2nd time will be in total denial that they voted at all within 2 years. I have siblings who want to work and they say they can't find a job. let alone my teenage kids having any luck in finding a job.

I'm still asking myself about what happened to this, "2010 Recovery Summer" that Obama and Biden were touting about? I knew then that the guy that everybody voted for in 2008 was the wrong guy.

I sure as heck can't control the world, but I will be voting for Romney and so will most of my family members. 2 days ago, two ladies were walking around the neighborhood and knocking on doors, asking people, "Do you think there's anything wrong with the economy today?" They were looking for people to vote for Obama and offering them absentee ballots. I first told them that, "The economy isn't good today" and that, "just seeing people like you walking around knocking on doors is proof that the economy is bad". They refused to offer me an absentee ballot after I told them I support Mitt Romney ( no kidding, this really happened). I was alright by that because I plan on voting in November.

Trew2Life
09-30-2012, 17:54
I do not believe Mitt Romney will win this election. Although, the clearly discriminatory and restrictive voter ID laws that have been passed in some key states does give me cause for concern.

Overall, If the country could not accept a 20+ year sitting senator/war veteran/P.O.W., with mamma bear running mate Sarah Palin, then no way do they elect the Mittster.

taters
09-30-2012, 18:02
Sad to say but America has been taken down from within.
16trillion in debt
8 1/2 % unemployment
In a war we can't win
And Obama is leading in the polls. That should tell you right there we are done as a nation. Even if Romney wins. There is no hope. I've dropped out.

KalashniKEV
09-30-2012, 18:32
Overall, If the country could not accept a 20+ year sitting senator/war veteran/P.O.W., with mamma bear running mate Sarah Palin, then no way do they elect the Mittster.

That was a joke ticket.

Mitt's ticket is stronger, but sadly it's still going to be a shutout.

Restless28
09-30-2012, 18:51
That was a joke ticket.

Agreed.

Glockworks
09-30-2012, 18:53
In response to KalashniKEV (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/member.php?u=28422); I of course meant it from my perspective. If you think I meant it literally, then relax, and take a chill pill.....

McCain ran a weak limp campaign, he muzzled the one good thing he had, Sarah. He lost to a barely qualified candidate whose only qualification was that he was considered black by the US population and can read a teleprompter like 75% of the population. Thus he is a great orator (?), and so smart, though his grades have NEVER been released (hmmm?).

I also remember the 72 and 80 Prez campaigns and they were unexpected landslides, I think this one will be too.

Trew2Life
09-30-2012, 18:54
That was a joke ticket.

Stronger how? Romney/Ryan does not have nearly the support and energy of the base as did McCain/Palin.

Hawaiiglock
09-30-2012, 19:36
Stronger how? Romney/Ryan does not have nearly the support and energy of the base as did McCain/Palin.

Here's my arm chair QB on the issue:

I think that Palin scared a lot of people away from the Republican ticket in the last election (I agreed with her on some issues). Not because she is a woman but because she comes off as a few bricks short of a full load. If you go take a look at some of her speeches/interviews you'll see what I mean.

If the Republican's were smart they would have used the Democrats strategy of endorsing Obama (young hip guy, some new blood in Washington) and put Paul Ryan as the front runner. No offense to Mitt but I think, for various reasons, that he lacks the support of younger Republicans and people who are on the fence.

Another issue that seems to be hurting the Republican party is the inability to adapt to some of the major issues that sway voters in the 21st century. Anti abortion/gay rights, heavy religious stance, etc... are all issues that scare potential party backers away.

JuneyBooney
09-30-2012, 22:54
If they allow dead people to vote Romney will lose. Otherwise, Romney wins.

devildog2067
09-30-2012, 23:06
McCain ran a weak limp campaign, he muzzled the one good thing he had, Sarah.

Sarah Palin almost made me vote for Obama in 2008. How anyone could think she was a "good" thing is beyond me.

G29Reload
09-30-2012, 23:11
That was over thirty years ago, .

Irrelevant.

Romeny migh tnot be reagan, but zero has carter by a longshot.

G29Reload
09-30-2012, 23:17
Sarah Palin almost made me vote for Obama in 2008. How anyone could think she was a "good" thing is beyond me.

Then a lot of other things are beyond you too.

She was my bet for President. She was better than her running mate.

Unless you're already a lieberal, how could you not want her? She had more executive experience than Obama, had approval ratings in the high 90's, honchoed a natural gas pipeline, cut back her state's debt, ran and acted like a fiscal conservative. Her creds were impeccable.

I have yet to hear anyone utter exactly what was so wrong with her. The only thing I ever heard was a bunch of catty tards who seemed to hate her cause she was beautiful.

The sound of her voice became a little grating after the newness wore off, but that's not a reason to dislike her. She's also turned out to be right about a lot of other things in the intervening period. She's sure got more smarts than Zero, though thats not saying much.

devildog2067
09-30-2012, 23:19
This is a much different country than post world war 2 where all Americans were hard working patriotic people
"All Americans" were "hard working patriotic people"?

Are you insane?

"All Americans" have never been anything.

Post WWII America was many things. Many of them were great. Some were not so good.

devildog2067
09-30-2012, 23:21
Ryan on the other hand, hes legit. wish he was running for prez.

If Ryan were running for president, I would not vote for him. I cannot support someone who is that much of a religious zealot that publicly.

The Republicans need to remember what freedom means, and run a candidate who believes in small government, cutting spending, lowering taxes and otherwise leaving people the hell alone.

G29Reload
09-30-2012, 23:24
I do not believe Mitt Romney will win this election..

We know, you're a DU troll.

Although, the clearly discriminatory and restrictive voter ID laws that have been passed in some key states does give me cause for concern.

No, they don't. Just you being intellectually dishonest in throwing out a red herring.

There's nothing restrictive about showing ID when voting, unless you just want the chance to help out those committing voter fraud, like your commie friends in Chicago, Phil and Balto where its particularly bad, dead people voting, etc.

You have to show your ID when you're

-pulled over by the cops,
-boarding an airplane
-opening a bank account
-buying liquor, etc

So, spare us the bull about "restrictive" ID laws. It just means you can't cheat. You're not fooling anyone.

devildog2067
09-30-2012, 23:25
Then a lot of other things are beyond you too.

If you say so.

She was my bet for President. She was better than her running mate.

Hmm... long-serving legislator who was also a genuine war hero with a reputation for telling the truth, or small-town mayor turned Governor of a state with a smaller population than Columbus, Ohio?

M&P Shooter
09-30-2012, 23:26
Obamanation will win and it really doesn't matter because the 2 choices both suck and hate your guns:crying:

devildog2067
09-30-2012, 23:30
There's nothing restrictive about showing ID when voting,

I did quite a bit of research about this, because I sincerely hoped there was a reason for this decision.

The legal test (and I'm not a lawyer/expert, so anyone who knows better than I feel free to correct me) has two parts: a) does the law solve a real problem and b) does the law apply unequally to different groups. From what I could tell, voter ID laws fail both parts. A number of studies (done by groups sponsored by both parties) seem to have shown that voter fraud is a statistically insignificant problem, and poor/elderly/young people are less likely to have government ID than other people.

If I understand correctly, if voter fraud was a serious enough problem, the compelling interest of a) could override b), but no one has yet to prove that a) is a serious (statistically speaking) problem. There have only been a handful of cases of voter fraud prosecuted across the country since 2000.

G29Reload
09-30-2012, 23:34
Hmm... long-serving legislator who was also a genuine war hero with a reputation for telling the truth, or small-town mayor turned Governor of a state with a smaller population than Columbus, Ohio?

And a RINO, as opposed to Palin being a conservative. The author of McCain Feingold. Too anti gun.

A guy who made a rep as a fighter and tough guy, who then wouldn't take a swing when it counted.

An idiot who suspended his campaign to go back to DC to sit there in front of the cameras looking clueless.

No thanks.

G29Reload
09-30-2012, 23:40
I did quite a bit of research about this, because I sincerely hoped there was a reason for this decision.

The legal test (and I'm not a lawyer/expert, so anyone who knows better than I feel free to correct me) has two parts: a) does the law solve a real problem and b) does the law apply unequally to different groups. From what I could tell, voter ID laws fail both parts. A number of studies (done by groups sponsored by both parties) seem to have shown that voter fraud is a statistically insignificant problem, and poor/elderly/young people are less likely to have government ID than other people.

If I understand correctly, if voter fraud was a serious enough problem, the compelling interest of a) could override b), but no one has yet to prove that a) is a serious (statistically speaking) problem. There have only been a handful of cases of voter fraud prosecuted across the country since 2000.

What a load of horses#$&.

Voter fraud in Chicago and TX may have thrown the race to Kennedy. It can change an election. So, no there is nothing insignificant about it. It IS a compelling interest. Your cite of "both parties" is without attribution, so I'll count it as nonsense.

Elections should be free and fair. Its not fair if its rife with cheating.

It does not apply unequally. EVERYONE SHOWS ID. Period. No exceptions. Not buying the nonsense about ID's being "unaffordable" either. How in hell can you go thru society and not be able to prove who you are?

Again, you're not

opening a bank account,
driving a car
boarding an airplane
buying a gun
Getting a job!

Without some form of ID.

Its a specious argument and a red herring. A ruse to help those committing voter fraud. Don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining.

Trew2Life
09-30-2012, 23:42
I have yet to hear anyone utter exactly what was so wrong with her. The only thing I ever heard was a bunch of catty tards who seemed to hate her cause she was beautiful.

Upon becoming mayor of Wasilla, she immediately asked the librarian how they could get rid of the 'objectionable' books. 'Objectionable' by whose standards? Sarah Palin's? I do recall there were some book burnings in Nazi Germany.

Palin opposes a woman's right to choose what to do with her own body, opposing the right to an abortion even for rape victims.

Palin believes that Creationism should be taught in public schools, which runs both counter to well-settled evolutionary science, and to the Constitutional separation of church and state.

devildog2067
09-30-2012, 23:48
What a load of horses#$&.

Well, don't blame me for it. I'm not a Supreme Court justice.

Voter fraud in Chicago and TX may have thrown the race to Kennedy. It can change an election. So, no there is nothing insignificant about it. It IS a compelling interest.

OK. Why hasn't anyone proven it then?

I'm not a social scientist, I have no idea how one would go about measuring this. I imagine it can be done, or at least estimated.

Like I said, I'm not a lawyer and I'm not an expert. I was curious about the reasoning behind the ruling and this is what I read. The data seems to indicate that in-person voter fraud is quite rare. Much more fraud happens with absentee ballots, and voter ID laws wouldn't fix that problem.

JW1178
09-30-2012, 23:52
The people don't want jobs, they want handouts. They have this idea that the rich have so much money they can pay for all their needs and then some, and still be rich, and no matter how high the taxes are, those rich will continue to make money. They want to government to pay for all their needs, so their money is just spending money so they can get what they want.

Peace Warrior
10-01-2012, 00:16
Romney is an Etch-A-Sketch. He just gets shaken and comes up with something new to say depending on the crowd. ...
^ ^ ^ By far and by large the best ever defining of "mitten's campaign" as well as his hopes of going anywhere with it.

Mr King
10-01-2012, 05:11
36 days till 1980 repeats itself

Restless28
10-01-2012, 05:29

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bilbo Bagins
10-01-2012, 07:40

+1

I have seen some big numbers of people showing up at Romney Rallies in PA, and I'm not talking in the rural areas, I'm talking the Philly suburbs, massive crowds, one was pack to capacity, with twice as many people waiting outside.

If he wins the Philly suburbs and he will win PA.

Seriously I still can't figure out why anyone with half a brain will vote for Obama. Unemployment is still high, Gas prices and food prices are high, and the middle east is going to hell in a handbasket. Same thing was going on in the 1979/1980 under Carter.

I don't think it will be a Reagan Landslide, but I'm becoming more confident that Romney will win, and the media is pulling out all the guns, trying to convince the public that Romney does not have a chance.

hamster
10-01-2012, 08:04
Sarah Palin was a weak attempt to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Nothing but populist BS.

At least this time they went with a running mate who can intelligently answer questions.

doodi1
10-01-2012, 09:08
I believe Romney will win if we all don't believe the crap they are telling us about the Polls and get depressed and don't vote. These polls are purposely skewed to the left to depress the Romney vote. The race is a statistical tie and maybe a slight Romney lead.

So i say Romney will win if we all get out and vote. I say, "VOTE, VOTE EARLY AND VOTE OFTEN"

mhambi
10-01-2012, 09:09
My highly scientific algorithm I'm using to predict the election:

Average Price of Gas in the week leading up to the election

$3.64 or less and Obama wins
$3.69 or more and Romney wins.

RimfireMan
10-01-2012, 09:10
I say, "VOTE AND VOTE OFTEN"
So, you are in favor of voter fraud? :tongueout:

series1811
10-01-2012, 09:13
I don't believe people are stupid enough to let Obama have 4 more years. So yea, I think Romney will win in a landslide.

It's not stupid if you're living off the government and the work of other people, and you know Obama is the way to keep that ride going.

Psychman
10-01-2012, 09:17
Those of you who have stated that the media wants us to think Obama is a sure thing so we don't go out and vote for Romney are dead right!! Get out there and vote people. My wife and I already voted absentee.

mingaa
10-01-2012, 09:47
Looks like Obama to me at this point. His lead (at this point) is larger than any previous winning candidate. If he killed a kitten during the first debate things would tighten up a bit.

G29Reload
10-01-2012, 10:52
Upon becoming mayor of Wasilla, she immediately asked the librarian how they could get rid of the 'objectionable' books. 'Objectionable' by whose standards? Sarah Palin's? I do recall there were some book burnings in Nazi Germany.

Myth. There were quite a few DU hacks such as yourself turning over rocks just looking to find something slacious and when you didnt find it, you invented it.

Palin believes that Creationism should be taught in public schools, which runs both counter to well-settled

Its far from "well-settled" and still has the tag "theory", meaning its unproven.

and to the Constitutional separation of church and state.

No such thing exists. "Separation of Church and State" appears no where in the COTUS. Go back to civics class.

ca survivor
10-01-2012, 10:53
remember, those stupid people from 4 years ago are going to vote again.

RockyMtnJack
It will be close but Romney has a better chance than the polls would indicate. I base this on the fact that Obama won by 53 to 47 percent in 2008. I don't believe that anyone who didn't vote for Obama in 2008 will vote for him in 2012. On the other hand, there are many disappointed people who may not vote for him this time and I don't think he'll have the same level of turn-out from young voters and some minorities that he had in 2008. So, the margin will be much closer this time. Most of the current polls are based on the 2008 turn-out numbers which favored Democrats. Democrats are over-sampled in these polls, skewing the numbers. Of course, the liberal left-leaning media is only too happy to report this as an Obama lead. Speaking of the media, I also predict that regardless of the result of the debates, the media will portray Obama as the debate winner.

G29Reload
Looks like Obama to me at this point. His lead (at this point) is larger than any previous winning candidate.

Not and never has been, damn near even.

Any previous? hyperbole much?

RDW
10-01-2012, 10:56
as it stands currently romney doesn't have a chance in heck.

/

wrong!

gigab1te
10-01-2012, 11:10
I hate to say it, but I don't think Romney will win. I hope I'm wrong...

mingaa
10-01-2012, 11:24
Not and never has been, damn near even.

Any previous? hyperbole much? Last 3 is more accurate - my bad. This was national news on the 20th - has much changed since then?

"Obama still winning … by a lot: President Obama now holds a bigger lead at this point in the campaign than any presidential candidate since Bill Clinton, according to a new Pew poll, which shows him up 8 points over Mitt Romney. The poll also finds Obama beating Romney on a host of dimensions — he’s more likable, viewed more favorably, seen as more credible and empathetic, and his supporters are more excited about voting..."

Glock20 10mm
10-01-2012, 11:30

Short memory?

Glock20 10mm
10-01-2012, 11:31

Won't matter... the elections in 2016 won't happen. And this nation won't exist as we know it.

Bilbo Bagins
10-01-2012, 11:37
Looks like Obama to me at this point. His lead (at this point) is larger than any previous winning candidate. If he killed a kitten during the first debate things would tighten up a bit.

The problem with the polls is they rank up Democrat vs Republican by the the amount that voted in the last presidential election, so these polls are going to be skewed high for the Democrats anyway.

In 2008, you had a lot of people hating Bush, the first Black Presidential candidate with the Democrats, and a real lackluster Republican candidate in McCain.

No one in the polling community has taken into account the 2010 election and the surge of Republican voters.

I think Obama slim lead is washed away if you take into account those two factors.

I also think Obama has lost a lot of his original 2008 voters, especially in the Hispanic, Jewish, and the young to middle age White community.

At the end of the day the electorial college wins the election. Here is Obama vs McCain in 2008. I can tell you now, Obama is going to loss some big states vs Romney. Romney will pull some of New England away from Obama. Also look what happened to with the Scott Walker election in Wisconsin. If Obama losses his grasp on Florida, PA, NJ or Ohio, he will lose the White House.

http://www.hispanicallyspeakingnews.com/uploads/images/article-images/electoral.college_.map_.2008_.2012_.png

Nutt51
10-01-2012, 11:37
Some people never cease to amaze me. For one thing I do not believe any poll, you can fabricate numbers to say anything you want them too. I trust the media even less, I would not believe them if they said the sun would rise tomorrow.
Romney was not my first choice as a nominee, but he is the one running against the sitting Prez., and yes I think he can win.
I vote for the candidate who can help save my country, the
sitting Prez. is not that person.
The media and others have folks chasing their tails, who's for the rich, who's the best dad, who gives the most to charity, blah! blah! blah!. I don't give a rat's behind, I care who can restore and save America, and that's not the sitting Prez.. He's had his chance and he royally messed it up. It's not Bush's fault and you can't have another try or do over.

You have four choices, vote for the sitting Prez. and get more of the same, vote for a third party like Rosanne Barr, don't vote at all, or vote Republican and hope for some real change.
One major thing that has made me think that Romney will win is, if O looses, all the sewer trash that's in his administration get's washed away with him and some competent people get
appointed in a new administration, and we can start the
healing process to make the U.S. strong again.

I am not a registered Republican. In the past I have voted Democrat, Independent, and Republican.
I'm not so much voting for Romney, but trying to vote out
the bunch of misfit's who have screwed up my country so bad. I hope there are a lot Americans who feel the same way that I do.
A thousand mile walk starts with the first step, and a million
vote margin starts with just one vote.

Dragoon189
10-01-2012, 11:40

I think he will sadly win for the exact opposite reason.

frank4570
10-01-2012, 12:26
"Obama's trying to do what is best for everybody but the bitter republicans are blocking him at every turn because defeating obama is more important to them than what is good for our country."

For everybody who is saying they can't understand how anybody would vote for him under the current circumstances, that's how, with that statement right there. Is it true? It doesn't matter.

doodi1
10-01-2012, 13:08
"Obama's trying to do what is best for everybody but the bitter republicans are blocking him at every turn because defeating obama is more important to them than what is good for our country."

Now that is just a bunch of Bravo Sierra.:moo:

Trew2Life
10-01-2012, 14:17
No such thing exists. "Separation of Church and State" appears no where in the COTUS. Go back to civics class.

The text does not appear, but the intent does. It's clearly expressed in the 1st Amendment, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof".

And the SCOTUS seem to agree in Thomas Jefferson's principle of Separation of Church & State.
see: McCollum v Board of Ed.
see: Stone v Graham

RimfireMan
10-01-2012, 15:07
Now that is just a bunch of Bravo Sierra.:moo:
Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube
Here is Mitch McConnell stating the top priority. Shouldn't the top priority be fixing the economy, creating jobs, etc.?

Magnus2131
10-01-2012, 15:59
How could they block anything the first two years when the Dems had both houses?:upeyes:

RimfireMan
10-01-2012, 16:03
How could they block anything the first two years when the Dems had both houses?:upeyes:
By using a record number of filibusters to drag everything out. Yep, that's the GOP working for themselves instead of working to get something done.

Goaltender66
10-01-2012, 16:12
Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc)
Here is Mitch McConnell stating the top priority. Shouldn't the top priority be fixing the economy, creating jobs, etc.?

Fixing the economy is the top priority, and the best starting place to accomplish that is to remove Obama from office.

RimfireMan
10-01-2012, 16:14
Fixing the economy is the top priority, and the best starting place to accomplish that is to remove Obama from office.

Actually they should be working on getting business done rather than being jerks and refusing to do anything. That is what they were elected for.
:whistling:

Goaltender66
10-01-2012, 16:19
Actually they should be working on getting business done rather than being jerks and refusing to do anything. That is what they were elected for.

Actually, in 2010 they were elected precisely to stop Obama from enacting his anti-growth wish list...among which was Obamacare.

After all, that's what the overriding theme of the midterms was. Heck, Scott Brown owes his seat to this very sentiment.

oldman11
10-01-2012, 16:22
He'd better win. If he doesn't we are in for 4 years of hell.

Magnus2131
10-01-2012, 16:27
By using a record number of filibusters to drag everything out. Yep, that's the GOP working for themselves instead of working to get something done.
Liberals can't take responsibility for anything. What a bunch of BS.

Trew2Life
10-01-2012, 16:33

:agree:

:agree:

RimfireMan
10-01-2012, 16:35
Liberals can't take responsibility for anything. What a bunch of BS.
The liberals have done plenty wrong. No one here thinks the Republicans can do any wrong. :whistling:

Magnus2131
10-01-2012, 16:38
No one here? I could copy and paste one after another but then you would make up another excuse. If that's the case you guys might as well give up and go back to the DU.

RimfireMan
10-01-2012, 16:46
No one here? I could copy and paste one after another but then you would make up another excuse. If that's the case you guys might as well give up and go back to the DU.
So, what do you think the Republicans have done wrong?

Just because I'm really dissatisfied with the "Grand" Old Party, what makes you think I came from DU?

cangler
10-01-2012, 16:52
I really do believe Mitt has it, not even worried.

Bilbo Bagins
10-01-2012, 18:01
Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc)

And that is what's wrong with politicians in America these days.

Its not about the greater good of America, and reaching a mutual beneficial compromise between schools of though and political parties.

Its about getting re-elected and about sucking up to the fringe of your party for more money.

Both sides are guilty of it, and that is why this country is doomed.

Flying-Dutchman
10-01-2012, 18:39
You are quoting a standard Democrat talking point.

The problem is there is no meeting in the middle. Obama is just too far left. He will not compromise with the Republicans.

Obama does not understand our system of checks and balances.

“I Won” is what he said.

Hawaiiglock
10-01-2012, 18:40
And that is what's wrong with politicians in America these days.

Its not about the greater good of America, and reaching a mutual beneficial compromise between schools of though and political parties.

Its about getting re-elected and about sucking up to the fringe of your party for more money.

Both sides are guilty of it, and that is why this country is doomed.

Well said!!!

CharlieDelta127
10-01-2012, 18:43

Granted I wasn't alive to see Reagan be elected over Jimmy Carter's second term. But, I have read a lot and see one MAJOR comparrison between this election and that election.

Carter lead Reagan in the polls right up until election day. However, Reagan won in a landslide. I feel this is the case now.

I'm voting Romney, simply because the USA cannot withstand 4 more years of bama...

Providence
10-01-2012, 18:46
Some people never cease to amaze me. For one thing I do not believe any poll, you can fabricate numbers to say anything you want them too. I trust the media even less, I would not believe them if they said the sun would rise tomorrow.
Romney was not my first choice as a nominee, but he is the one running against the sitting Prez., and yes I think he can win.
I vote for the candidate who can help save my country, the
sitting Prez. is not that person.
The media and others have folks chasing their tails, who's for the rich, who's the best dad, who gives the most to charity, blah! blah! blah!. I don't give a rat's behind, I care who can restore and save America, and that's not the sitting Prez.. He's had his chance and he royally messed it up. It's not Bush's fault and you can't have another try or do over.

If we actually get out and vote. I have known people who talk and then do not vote. I don't see how you can do that after FL in 2000. The TV Media suppressed the Panhandle votes by calling the state at 8 pm eastern.

berto62
10-01-2012, 19:19
http://www.imperfectenjoyment.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Obama-Renig-Sticker.jpg

frank4570
10-01-2012, 19:20
Granted I wasn't alive to see Reagan be elected over Jimmy Carter's second term. But, I have read a lot and see one MAJOR comparrison between this election and that election.

Carter lead Reagan in the polls right up until election day. However, Reagan won in a landslide. I feel this is the case now.

I'm voting Romney, simply because the USA cannot withstand 4 more years of bama...

Reagan had charisma and popularity. Romney does not. He might still win, but not like Reagan. The whole republican party still misses him.

Restless28
10-01-2012, 19:30
http://www.imperfectenjoyment.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Obama-Renig-Sticker.jpg

Hooray for racism!

:upeyes:

frank4570
10-01-2012, 19:37
Hooray for racism!

:upeyes:

A lot of people understand that a very big part of the reason "many" people hate Obama is straight up racism, masquerading in public as conservatism.

KommieforniaGlocker
10-01-2012, 20:08
Will lose you are kidding yourself if you honestly believe he is a conservative, look at what he did and said as Governor, see for your self. Google it, YouTube it For yourself Romney and Obama are one in the same, the only difference is you see Obama coming.