Team Sidearmor [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Team Sidearmor

Glockrunner
09-29-2012, 04:29
Danny,
Who was the team members? Just a blast from the past question.

DannyR
09-29-2012, 05:08
Wow, that is a tough question. I had nearly 40 members on the teams representing am/civ, guardian and Masterstock from 2001-2004. I just recently lost all my old Lotus 1-2-3 files when my computer crashed.

Original Am/Civ--Darren Costanza, Rodney Leeber, Danny Ryan

Original Masters--Tom Costanza, Jim Costanza, Bobby Carver

Some additional Members over the years:

Don Dyer
Dan Johnson
Peter Straub
Jerry Worsham
Frank Koo
Glenn Meyer
Eugene Zaiss
Mark Tarabour
Russell Tarabour
Ron Young, Jr.
Michael McGinnes
Jay Shebuski
Tom Salley
Steve Murza
Debbie Nose
Bob Oswald
David Spradlin
Dan Henson

Many stayed with me in 2005 to represent Team AmeriGlo for one year, but most went with Team Carver Mounts.

We used to have some pretty big "Team Sidearmor & Friends" dinners on Friday and Saturday nights. I miss the dinners most of all.

lethal tupperwa
09-29-2012, 06:18
and me and Mrs L

got a few plaques that say so.

DannyR
09-29-2012, 07:26
Did not mean to leave you two out, but it was early in the morning and my brain is ageing faster than my body.

lethal tupperwa
09-29-2012, 07:32
Lord help you if it ever catches up"O)

Don At PC
09-29-2012, 07:41
Yep, I remember Team Sidearmor well, we did have a lot of fun. I have shot with 3 different teams, Team Sidearmor being my first, then many years with Team Carver and now I have shot with Team Alabama Holster for the past 7 or 8 months. Looks like I will probably stay with them as long as I can contribute to the teams success and they will have me. I shot with Team Carver the longest and have had some really fun times and met many new friends shooting with all 3.

Don

Glockrunner
09-29-2012, 09:38
Wow, that is a tough question. I had nearly 40 members on the teams representing am/civ, guardian and Masterstock from 2001-2004. I just recently lost all my old Lotus 1-2-3 files when my computer crashed.

Original Am/Civ--Darren Costanza, Rodney Leeber, Danny Ryan

Original Masters--Tom Costanza, Jim Costanza, Bobby Carver

Some additional Members over the years:

Don Dyer
Dan Johnson
Peter Straub
Jerry Worsham
Frank Koo
Glenn Meyer
Eugene Zaiss
Mark Tarabour
Russell Tarabour
Ron Young, Jr.
Michael McGinnes
Jay Shebuski
Tom Salley
Steve Murza
Debbie Nose
Bob Oswald
David Spradlin
Dan Henson

Many stayed with me in 2005 to represent Team AmeriGlo for one year, but most went with Team Carver Mounts.

We used to have some pretty big "Team Sidearmor & Friends" dinners on Friday and Saturday nights. I miss the dinners most of all.

Well maybe I'm older than I think. I too remember a lot of those names and still rub elbows with several!

Thanks for a glimpse back into GSSF Heritage Danny.

I still carry in my orginal Sidearmor holsters though I have been through several sets of belt loops throughout the years.

The holsters have served me well!

DannyR
09-29-2012, 15:41
Vickie & I had dinner with Patricia in Flagstaff, AZ back in September 2009--a very nice evening

SARDG
09-29-2012, 16:52
...I have shot with 3 different teams, Team Sidearmor being my first, then many years with Team Carver and now I have shot with Team Alabama Holster for the past 7 or 8 months. Looks like I will probably stay with them as long as I can contribute to the teams success and they will have me...

Don
Team AHC Guardian - 1st Place in Conyers (so far). Guess you have to stick around a little longer Don... :wavey:

Glockrunner
09-29-2012, 17:55
Like Conyers last, I filled in one year at Statesville, NC for the Sidearmor Team but I don't remember how we did.

Me Tom Salley and Jay Shebuski had the Carolina Team for a couple years. I was the anchor there!

mike g35
09-29-2012, 19:35
Team AHC Guardian - 1st Place in Conyers (so far). Guess you have to stick around a little longer Don... :wavey:

Congrats to team AHC Gaurdian!!!! Good shooting!!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

SARDG
09-29-2012, 19:43
Congrats to team AHC Gaurdian!!!! Good shooting!!!
I wish I were a Guardian..... again! :crying:

Oh wait...

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTI0MDkzMzQ1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDQ3MTQzMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

bryandover
09-29-2012, 19:45
[QUOTE=SARDG;19469252]I wish I were a Guardian..... again! :crying:

Cut your hair, change your name and start over again. :rofl:

SARDG
09-29-2012, 20:13
Cut your hair, change your name and start over again. :rofl:
I shoot like a noob sometimes. GSSF might swallow it. :dunno:

Not certain I could make the Guardian team anymore, the way I shot in Conyers. I'm going for Junior and hope the 14 year olds aren't embarrassed for me! :rofl:

Don At PC
09-29-2012, 20:20

Thanks, I am happy and would like to stay quite awhile. See you at Mobile.

Don

unclebob
09-29-2012, 20:49
I shoot like a noob sometimes. GSSF might swallow it. :dunno:

Not certain I could make the Guardian team anymore, the way I shot in Conyers. I'm going for Junior and hope the 14 year olds aren't embarrassed for me! :rofl:

How did your mag pouches work out for you at Conyers? Yep I saw it.:wow:

SARDG
09-29-2012, 21:15
Thanks, I am happy and would like to stay quite awhile. See you at Mobile.

Don
You betcha... looking forward to it.

There will be a lot of 'Guardians' there - like the whole field! Are you equal to the task? :)

SARDG
09-29-2012, 21:19
How did your mag pouches work out for you at Conyers? Yep I saw it.:wow:
Unfortunately, you ran me at Conyers so I suppose I can't deny much. But I think my pouches were working for me. And remember Bob... no stripper, 11, 10, 10. :tongueout:

legacy38
09-30-2012, 10:23
When I had a group of guys coming from the SO, we would form Guardian teams. For the first match, we had a shoot off to determine the teams. From there on out, the order of finish at the previous match determined team status. The top three formed a team, etc, and if somebody got left out in the cold, well, they should have shot better. Missing a match automatically moved on to the back of the line.

The guys from the SO lost interest, and the other folks with whom I regularly shoot do so in Am Civ; so, I have't been able to do the team thing.

unclebob
09-30-2012, 10:42
Unfortunately, you ran me at Conyers so I suppose I can't deny much. But I think my pouches were working for me. And remember Bob... no stripper, 11, 10, 10. :tongueout:

So were did the 10th round go? Or should I say minus 10th round:dunno::shocked::tongueout:

SARDG
09-30-2012, 11:48
When I had a group of guys coming from the SO, we would form Guardian teams. For the first match, we had a shoot off to determine the teams. From there on out, the order of finish at the previous match determined team status. The top three formed a team, etc, and if somebody got left out in the cold, well, they should have shot better. Missing a match automatically moved on to the back of the line...
In high school, the top six shooters (of about 10 of us) at the weekday practice went to the weekend match and shot - the top four scores at the match formed the team-of-record. That's similar to how we've had to work Alabama Holster teams - especially Master teams, because we are so top-heavy on Masters. We've also had to do that with Juniors - but not Guardian so much lately as we are ususally scurrying to find enough Guardians to make a team.

I don't see anything wrong with that system, and see a lot right about it. Seems fair enough.

SARDG
09-30-2012, 12:11
So were did the 10th round go? Or should I say minus 10th round:dunno::shocked::tongueout:
I don't understand. :headscratch: I had all my round-count and mags under control - except I apparently needed 20 rounds/string on MajorSub if I was going to do any good. Come to think of it, Comp wasn't too good either - or was that Master Stock. :crying:

But my loaded rounds and mag system worked just fine.