Mr King
09-30-2012, 16:59
Season 2 is now on Netflix:wavey:

frizz
09-30-2012, 19:51
And season 3 is coming!

BSA70
09-30-2012, 20:27
Thanks! I just checked the other day and it won't up there, was getting ticked off:steamed:

Spiffums
09-30-2012, 20:37
A true fan already has both seasons on Blu Ray.........I speak from ultra fandom!

Mr King
10-01-2012, 05:16
Blu Ray? oh, you mean the box we have bought 1 disc for? :rofl: ppl still use them? heck, its like beta now...downloading is what we do...or stream.:supergrin:

eracer
10-01-2012, 06:05
Blu Ray? oh, you mean the box we have bought 1 disc for? :rofl: ppl still use them? heck, its like beta now...downloading is what we do...or stream.:supergrin:The dumbing down of America. (I say that with no intent to insult you personally.)

Blu-ray at 20mbps is FAR superior to any downloaded or streamed content, which is typically delivered at 4-5mbps. Just like CD's are far superior to any MP3.

And yes, I can see and hear the difference. More and more people these days (led by the current generation) simply ignore fidelity for convenience. Once 4K becomes the standard some heads will REALLY begin to explode.

Can't wait for Season 3 to begin. I'm rewatching Season 2 now.

On VOD, lol...:embarassed:

cgjane
10-01-2012, 06:10
Cant wait to see how they portray The Facility and The Gov'ner

BSA70
10-01-2012, 21:18
I watched the 1st show of Season 2, Awesome! The only big hole I saw in this show was when the zombies showed up in the herd and walking thru the cars. How could that many slip up on the crowd so fast if the old guy was on the look out? But hey, its a show about zombies!:supergrin:

Mr King
10-01-2012, 22:19
The dumbing down of America. (I say that with no intent to insult you personally.)

Blu-ray at 20mbps is FAR superior to any downloaded or streamed content, which is typically delivered at 4-5mbps. Just like CD's are far superior to any MP3.

And yes, I can see and hear the difference. More and more people these days (led by the current generation) simply ignore fidelity for convenience. Once 4K becomes the standard some heads will REALLY begin to explode.

Can't wait for Season 3 to begin. I'm rewatching Season 2 now.

On VOD, lol...:embarassed:

When i was growing up, we were LUCKY to have 3 channels that looked SNOWY on an Antenna. Alot of the time we could only see an outline of what was going on.

20mbps, 10mbps, 5mbps, all look good to me. :wavey:

Snaps
10-01-2012, 22:57
A true fan already has both seasons on Blu Ray.........I speak from ultra fandom!

nope, we're waiting on the series boxed set

Ohio Copper
10-01-2012, 23:19
Watching it now. One of my top five shows to date.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Case de Callier
10-02-2012, 00:42
Watching it now. One of my top five shows to date.

The remaining four, please...

Ohio Copper
10-02-2012, 02:00
The remaining four, please...

Lol.

In no particular order, the wire, the shield, dexter and right now boardwalk empire.

There are quite a few more that I watch that are honorable mention, sons of anarchy is one.

Other series that I seem to enjoy get cancelled. I liked life and welcome to mars, no one else seems to have.

cgwahl
10-02-2012, 02:33
http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/webisode-1-the-walking-dead-cold-storage-hide-and-seek

cgjane
10-02-2012, 03:54
Breaking bad over SoA, I just started SoA and I am in season 2.

I used to watch dexter and it got repetitive...

JFrame
10-02-2012, 05:37
Hands down my favorite TV show -- can't wait for the upcoming season! :thumbsup:

eruby
10-02-2012, 05:51
I watched the 1st show of Season 2, Awesome! The only big hole I saw in this show was when the zombies showed up in the herd and walking thru the cars. How could that many slip up on the crowd so fast if the old guy was on the look out? But hey, its a show about zombies!:supergrin:Dale (the old guy) was daydreaming of giving Andrea the 'pickle tickle' and didn't notice all the walkers. :cool:

I try to suspend all logic when watching TWD as any reasoning will just cause me a headache. At least they haven't employed deus ex machina. Yet. :supergrin:

eracer
10-03-2012, 06:04
When i was growing up, we were LUCKY to have 3 channels that looked SNOWY on an Antenna. Alot of the time we could only see an outline of what was going on.

20mbps, 10mbps, 5mbps, all look good to me. :wavey:I was there. I watched Star Trek on a Curtis-Mathis 'COLOR!' TV. On the previous set we had to get up to turn the knob to switch between the four available channels on VHF, and had to rotate the antenna to get the UHF feed.

The new TV had a clicker - a CLICKER! - that started me on my path to couch potato.

Still, today I seek the best I can afford. Life is too short not to. Good wine, quality guitars, quality guns, and Blu-ray are just a few of the things I'm willing to buy in order to enhance my life.

I had satellite radio for a while. You know why I don't anymore? CD's just sound so much better in my audio system.

eracer
10-03-2012, 06:10
Dale (the old guy) was daydreaming of giving Andrea the 'pickle tickle' and didn't notice all the walkers. :cool:

I try to suspend all logic when watching TWD as any reasoning will just cause me a headache. At least they haven't employed deus ex machina. Yet. :supergrin:Just wait until the shotgun scene at the end of Season 2. Your head may explode, despite your conscious effort to suspend disbelief.

I find it interesting that TWD has so far been bracketed by two egregious firearm errors:

Season 1, Episode 1: Rick tells the cops at the barricade to make sure their safeties are off. You see some hand-to-gun movement and hear 'clicks' then realize that they're carrying Glocks.

Saeson 2, the final episode: Well, you'll see....:faint:

eruby
10-03-2012, 06:17
Just wait until the shotgun scene at the end of Season 2. Your head may explode, despite your conscious effort to suspend disbelief.

I find it interesting that TWD has so far been bracketed by two egregious firearm errors:

Season 1, Episode 1: Rick tells the cops at the barricade to make sure their safeties are off. You see some hand-to-gun movement and hear 'clicks' then realize that they're carrying Glocks.

Saeson 2, the final episode: Well, you'll see....:faint:I presume you're referring to Herschel's 'endless' 12 guage. :shocked:

Reminded me of Doc Holliday's 3 round double barrel in Tombstone.

I watched the webisodes and videos on the AMC site and looked like Carl was holding a suppresed handgun.

eracer
10-03-2012, 06:34
I presume you're referring to Herschel's 'endless' 12 guage. :shocked:

I watched the webisodes and videos on the AMC site and looked like Carl was holding a suppresed handgun.Yep, that's the one.

I kind of get why the producers chose not to use suppressors. It forced the group to get up close and personal for more gory zombie kills - which I like.

BSA70
10-05-2012, 10:04
I saw last night Shane shooting Otis, I can't believe it. Shane is a psyco!

*ASH*
10-05-2012, 11:13
I presume you're referring to Herschel's 'endless' 12 guage. :shocked:

I watched the webisodes and videos on the AMC site and looked like Carl was holding a suppresed handgun.

i thought that as well about the shotgun , but after watching it again you will notice he reaches in pocket for more shells , its easy to miss . it happens when lori is on the porch and he is in the background .watch closely and you can see it .

eruby
10-05-2012, 12:16
i thought that as well about the shotgun , but after watching it again you will notice he reaches in pocket for more shells , its easy to miss . it happens when lori is on the porch and he is in the background .watch closely and you can see it .Looks like AMC is showing every episode from Seasons 1 and 2 this weekend so I'll have to check it out again.

I still think I've seen a few 30 shot rifles/handguns. :supergrin:

SCC
10-05-2012, 12:32
http://i56.tinypic.com/6e2mo6.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/dpbj39.jpg

eruby
10-08-2012, 08:55
I was wrong, the marathon starts at 10 am on Oct 13th on AMC.

BSA70
10-08-2012, 09:06
I'm working on season 2. Does she abort the baby?

eruby
10-08-2012, 09:32
I'm working on season 2. Does she abort the baby?No she doesn't.

K0KJL
10-08-2012, 09:57
I pretty much spent all day Saturday watching season two on Netflix. Now I just wish AMC and Dish Network would get something worked out quickly before the start of season three.

BSA70
10-08-2012, 19:32
I pretty much spent all day Saturday watching season two on Netflix. Now I just wish AMC and Dish Network would get something worked out quickly before the start of season three.

Is Rick or Shane the baby's daddy?

Spiffums
10-08-2012, 19:50
Blu Ray? oh, you mean the box we have bought 1 disc for? :rofl: ppl still use them? heck, its like beta now...downloading is what we do...or stream.:supergrin:

I don't have a 52 inch monitor for my "device"

eruby
10-09-2012, 07:20
Is Rick or Shane the baby's daddy?You never really know. They intimate it is Shane's, but they never actually say.