I Could Use Some Prayers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I Could Use Some Prayers

M&P15T
10-01-2012, 14:50
UPDATE: She's awake!!!

Thank you very much for your prayers and good thoughts. Yesterday my Aunt's best friend and I went to visit her, and she was awake. She knew who everyone was, was asking what happened, wanted to go home, wanted her restraints removed, breathed on her own, and was generally "with it".

When I walked in, and she recognised me and told me she wanted to go home, I was asolutely elated. She can't really speak properly because of the tracheotomy/breathing tube, so we have to read her lips, but she is way, waaaay better than we had hoped. We were really thinking she was headed for a steady decline towards death, but now we may still be going to the beach for vacation in a few weeks, taking her for some nice R&R. Two people going are nurses, so we could handle her care together.

Of course we still have to see what transpires, what issues she will have since parts of her brain have died, but yesterday was very, very encouraging. We never really thought she would be as alert and congnizant as she is, thought there would be paralysis or something along those lines. Or she would not there mentally.

Once again, thanks for the prayers and good thoughts. Mucho appreciated.

=======================================

A few days after I was born, my Mother passed away. Since then, her Sister, my Aunt, has been my Mother. She's always been there for me, and been a steady a consistent shelter in every storm. She has become everything to me as the years have passed, and I moved from Michigan to Virginia to be close to her.

Last Thursday, she was admitted to George Washington University ER/ICU after having a stroke. I will not go into any medical details, as most folks here understand that such situations tend to be very, very complicated, and change rapidly.

Since last Thursday, life has been a blurr of her in the ICU, Doctors, Neurologists, and more medical bull **** than I can possibly explain. This is all happening while my work has gotten very busy with the fall remodeling season, so my stress level is through the roof. To top it off, today I got transferred from one work location to another, that is twice as far from my home. So that sucks, and was really, really bad timing....but I just rolled with it.

I am her POA for her in all manners, medical and personal/financial, so I am working with her Lawyer, insurance folks, and other sundry people to keep things moving forward while she remains non-responsive in the ICU.

Things do look positive at this point, but it's still waaaay too early to tell what her future holds. She is very healthy, and we do hope for a recovery, but the next few days are going to tell us a lot neurologically.

I do not want to be a wet blanket, but prayers would definitely be appreciated.

Magnus2131
10-01-2012, 14:55
Prayers going your way. That can't be easy.

Joshhtn
10-01-2012, 15:04
Prayers coming.

M&P15T
10-01-2012, 15:05
Prayers going your way. That can't be easy.

Thanks for the prayers.

It's not easy, but such is life.

M&P15T
10-01-2012, 15:06
Prayers coming.

Be sure to make them Catholic prayers.:supergrin::supergrin:

Lone_Wolfe
10-01-2012, 15:08
Prayers going up. I've seen firsthand what a stroke can do.

M&P15T
10-01-2012, 15:10
Prayers going up. I've seen firsthand what a stroke can do.

Thank you very, very much.

I have seen the MRIs, and she has had both types of stroke, both bleeding and from lack of circulation/oxygen. Not too bad though, fingers and toes are crossed, prayers said and candles lighted.

Sorry to hear you've had to go through a first hand experience.....not fun.

Detectorist
10-01-2012, 15:26
Prayers sent. Hope all ends well.

M&P15T
10-01-2012, 15:31
Prayers sent. Hope all ends well.

We're hopefull, she's very healthy and all blood tests are positive.

Thank you very much for your prayers.

Mrs. VR
10-01-2012, 16:06
I hope she makes a swift and complete recovery.

deputy tom
10-01-2012, 16:15
Prayers sent. tom.

dango
10-01-2012, 16:17
Prayers and hope sent.

NH Trucker
10-01-2012, 17:19
Prayers and best wishes. :wavey:

SunGunner
10-01-2012, 17:44
Prayers headed your way.

Nestor
10-01-2012, 17:59
Be sure to make them Catholic prayers.:supergrin::supergrin:

I don't know any other. I will pray for her tonight.

carloglock19
10-01-2012, 18:13
Prayer sent.

Gallium
10-01-2012, 18:16
If you're the guy with the mustang I hope she gets a chance to drive it out to W. Virginia or down to NC with you, soaking up fall and enjoying life to the fullest.

Of course any speeding tickets she may happen into are your responsibility!

- G

longhair
10-01-2012, 18:43
She sounds like a wonderful person. All I can offer are Presbyterian prayers. I hope they will do.

fasteb
10-01-2012, 19:18
Prayers on the way

RedsoxFan4Lyfe
10-01-2012, 19:32
Prayers going up for you. Hang in there.

Brucev
10-01-2012, 19:39
Re: Op. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We went through this with my mother.

akbluz
10-01-2012, 20:06
I will send my Catholic prayers for a complete recovery for your aunt. Hang in there.
akbluz

dbcooper
10-01-2012, 20:09
The best for you and yours from me and mine

bruzer
10-01-2012, 20:44
Prayers sent.
Mike

Tow/Repo
10-01-2012, 20:49
Prayers sent.

windancr
10-01-2012, 20:53
Prayers sent, candle lit.
Prayers for your Aunt/Mother, you, her medical team.

captdreifus
10-02-2012, 02:38
I know we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, but I'm wishing you the best. Hope things work out for you

eaglefrq
10-02-2012, 02:57
Prayers for your aunts recovery and for strength and peace for you and your family.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

TheJ
10-02-2012, 03:05
Hope she recovers.

skeeter7
10-02-2012, 03:48
Sending prayers your way M&P. I really hope she makes a speedy recovery. Hang in there and stay strong brother.

Clutch Cargo
10-02-2012, 04:20
Prayers offered.

amacro
10-02-2012, 11:52
Prayers your family and your way! For rapid and complete healing!

scccdoc
10-02-2012, 12:34
A few days after I was born, my Mother passed away. Since then, her Sister, my Aunt, has been my Mother. She's always been there for me, and been a steady a consistent shelter in every storm. She has become everything to me as the years have passed, and I moved from Michigan to Virginia to be close to her.

Last Thursday, she was admitted to George Washington University ER/ICU after having a stroke. I will not go into any medical details, as most folks here understand that such situations tend to be very, very complicated, and change rapidly.

Since last Thursday, life has been a blurr of her in the ICU, Doctors, Neurologists, and more medical bull **** than I can possibly explain. This is all happening while my work has gotten very busy with the fall remodeling season, so my stress level is through the roof. To top it off, today I got transferred from one work location to another, that is twice as far from my home. So that sucks, and was really, really bad timing....but I just rolled with it.

I am her POA for her in all manners, medical and personal/financial, so I am working with her Lawyer, insurance folks, and other sundry people to keep things moving forward while she remains non-responsive in the ICU.

Things do look positive at this point, but it's still waaaay too early to tell what her future holds. She is very healthy, and we do hope for a recovery, but the next few days are going to tell us a lot neurologically.

I do not want to be a wet blanket, but prayers would definitely be appreciated.

M&P, I said a prayer before writing this post and I will tonight for your dear Aunt and for you. I firmly believe all things are in God's hands but understand the outcome may not be my wishes. Billy Graham was once asked if all prayers are answered, his reply, YES they are. Sometimes the answer is "yes", sometimes it is "no", and sometimes it's "not right now".

I do pray for two things, first that your dear one is healed and secondly, that you grow closer to God. My thoughts will be with you................. DOC

eruby
10-02-2012, 12:47
Lord, hear my prayer. And let my cry come unto thee.

Be as strong as you can be, and as weak as you need to be M&P15T

M&P15T
10-06-2012, 10:21
BTTT, she's awake. See my first post for details.

Lone_Wolfe
10-06-2012, 23:33
Glad to hear she's doing better.