Debate Could Test Two Romney Weaknesses, Talking and Thinking [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Debate Could Test Two Romney Weaknesses, Talking and Thinking

Flintlocker
10-01-2012, 15:06
NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report (http://bit.ly/NhEEu0))—With the first Presidential debate just two days away, G.O.P. nominee Mitt Romney has been working intensively on two skills that have eluded him throughout the campaign: talking and thinking.

According to one aide, much of Mr. Romney’s debate preparation has involved rehearsing a slew of prepackaged “zingers,” with mixed results: “We gave him what we thought was a foolproof line about the budget deficit and he somehow turned it into a crack about gay Mexicans.”

Reportedly, Mr. Romney’s practice debates have gone worse than expected, with the former Massachusetts governor getting trounced by a variety of opponents, including the Apple personal assistant Siri.

At a joint campaign appearance in Ohio today, Ann Romney attempted to lower expectations for her husband’s performance at this Wednesday’s debate: “When Mitt starts working his mouth and goes off on some weird tangent about who knows what, please just tune him out. God knows that’s how I’ve survived all these years.”

Mr. Romney also downplayed his debate prospects, telling supporters: “President Obama could very well be the greatest debater in human history. He’s Abraham Lincoln, Clarence Darrow, and the Roman orator Cicero put together. Next to that silver-tongued bastard I’m going to sound like someone with a head injury.”

Later in the day, Mr. Romney’s campaign released a statement apologizing to people with head injuries.

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2012/10/debate-could-test-two-romney-weaknesses-talking-and-thinking.html#ixzz285FSokJy

countrygun
10-01-2012, 15:11
:tongueout::tongueout::

"Hey Mr.Obama, those words on the teleprompter? You didn't write those, someone else made those happen"

Without a teleprompter Obama is a bufoon

All you will hear from Obama are smug cliches and blaming Bush

Sam Spade
10-01-2012, 15:17
You are a desperate kinda guy, aren't you?

Still, I want you to be fulfilled; so I hope that Romney provides you with posting material for the next eight years.

brickboy240
10-01-2012, 15:41
The man that always uses a prompter and comes up with dandies like "you didn't build that" and "clinging to guns and religion" is nobody to hang your hat on....you know that right?

LOL

CitizenOfDreams
10-01-2012, 15:48
If it was a teleprompter reading contest, I'd be worried.

GAFinch
10-01-2012, 15:48
Liberal elitist doing a hit piece on Republicans using satire. :yawn:

jdavionic
10-01-2012, 15:56

Still, I want you to be fulfilled; so I hope that Romney provides you with posting material for the next eight years.

+1 An obvious antagonist playing games.

snerd
10-01-2012, 16:26
http://www.newyorker.com/images/headers/ANDY_BOROWITZ_banner_N.gif

:upeyes:

fortyofforty
10-01-2012, 16:29
Umm, uh, aw, umm, umm, uh, aww, ah, umm, uh, umm. Thus sayeth your messiah. What a clown. He's a great golfer, though. Almost as good as Kim Jong Il, I've heard. Get yourself a breathalyzer or an inhalator, in case you have an attack during the debate. And call a corpseman to save you. Barrack Odumbo, suuuuuper genius. :rofl:

Ruble Noon
10-01-2012, 16:39
NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report (http://bit.ly/NhEEu0))—With the first Presidential debate just two days away, G.O.P. nominee Mitt Romney has been working intensively on two skills that have eluded him throughout the campaign: talking and thinking.

According to one aide, much of Mr. Romney’s debate preparation has involved rehearsing a slew of prepackaged “zingers,” with mixed results: “We gave him what we thought was a foolproof line about the budget deficit and he somehow turned it into a crack about gay Mexicans.”

Reportedly, Mr. Romney’s practice debates have gone worse than expected, with the former Massachusetts governor getting trounced by a variety of opponents, including the Apple personal assistant Siri.

At a joint campaign appearance in Ohio today, Ann Romney attempted to lower expectations for her husband’s performance at this Wednesday’s debate: “When Mitt starts working his mouth and goes off on some weird tangent about who knows what, please just tune him out. God knows that’s how I’ve survived all these years.”

Mr. Romney also downplayed his debate prospects, telling supporters: “President Obama could very well be the greatest debater in human history. He’s Abraham Lincoln, Clarence Darrow, and the Roman orator Cicero put together. Next to that silver-tongued bastard I’m going to sound like someone with a head injury.”

Later in the day, Mr. Romney’s campaign released a statement apologizing to people with head injuries.

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2012/10/debate-could-test-two-romney-weaknesses-talking-and-thinking.html#ixzz285FSokJy

Hey, it will be Romney's first time debating a teleprompter but I'm sure he will do fine.

aircarver
10-01-2012, 16:49
Fud

evlbruce
10-01-2012, 16:54
The debates are so rehearsed and scripted neither 0 nor Mittens should have much trouble.

The format is a joke.

Fed Five Oh
10-01-2012, 17:16
The debates are so rehearsed and scripted neither 0 nor Mittens should have much trouble.

The format is a joke.

The interesting part will be how the MSM spins the story when the dabate ends that night.

I predict a Romney "home run" will be reported as a dead heat.

A tie reported as a 0bama knock out punch.

And an 0bama flop reported as a tie.

GAFinch
10-01-2012, 17:17

The format is a joke.

Except that one of them has probably given the questions to be asked to the PBS moderator.

countrygun
10-01-2012, 17:47
The interesting part will be how the MSM spins the story when the dabate ends that night.

I predict a Romney "home run" will be reported as a dead heat.

A tie reported as a 0bama knock out punch.

And an 0bama flop reported as a tie.

^^^^^^

This.

Bruce H
10-01-2012, 18:08

After the election wet flints in his locker will be fired by DU because of financial cutbacks. Several others will be unemployed also.

ModGlock17
10-01-2012, 18:14
I agree that Romney seems crazy: Why run for President and inherit the worst recession EVER in the American history ????

With his money, he can just go buy an island in the Caribbean and distant everything else.

I think the answer is that HE is a Patriot.

fortyofforty
10-01-2012, 18:29
I wonder if Odumbo's brain got fried during some of those "Choom Gang" debate society meetings. I mean, he is probably the dumbest president in American history, and his success is entirely due to Affirmative Action. Every step of the way. Until Odumbo proves otherwise by disclosing his transcripts, that is the truth. An objective press corps (pronounced "corpse") with scruples would have torn him to shreds in press conference after press conference, but since the corps is not objective they just go along for the ride. Too much leg tingle for their own good, I think.

Snowman92D
10-01-2012, 19:10
Hey, it will be Romney's first time debating a teleprompter but I'm sure he will do fine.

Romney is gonna do so well in that debate that Flintlicker will need a medical corpse-man standing by with smelling salts to revive him (or her, whatever).
:ambulance:

Ruble Noon
10-01-2012, 19:20
Romney is gonna do so well in that debate that Flintlicker will need a medical corpse-man standing by with smelling salts to revive him (or her, whatever).
:ambulance:

It could be interesting.

53 seconds that should end a presidency - YouTube

countrygun
10-01-2012, 19:31
I was musing about the following during the debate.

Mitt Romney:" Mr. Obama, are you running on your record of fufilling your campaign promises from 2008?

Are you trying to tell the people they are better off with gas twice as expensive as when you took office?

Have you considered telling the American people that they should be happy that more of them are unemployed?

Does any of your campaign slogans mention how great it is that you, single handidly, have increased the national debt more than all other Presidents in history?

For heavens sake, Mr. Obama give the American people some hope....At least tell them that you have lowered your golf handicap.

PocketProtector
10-01-2012, 19:32
POtuS used a prompter at a kindergarten class for Chrissakes.

GAFinch
10-01-2012, 21:14
Can't use a teleprompter unless he already knows the questions. If he goes off script, he's likely to spout out a Marxist line. He'll have to already know the questions.

evlbruce
10-01-2012, 21:46
Except that one of them has probably given the questions to be asked to the PBS moderator.

Not really an issue, the broad topics are known and candidates drill carefully worded boilerplate responses. You'll see this a lot when the candidate isn't exactly answering the question but is following the closest script they've got memorized.

Magnus2131
10-01-2012, 23:23
But the talk with Obama and the liberals is how they are worried about what Zinger Romney will try and use.

FFR Spyder GT
10-02-2012, 02:08
I think the answer is that HE is a Patriot.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

What a freakin' joke!

Romney is a draft dodger so how can he be a patriot? :dunno:

Romney took his daddy's money and fled to France to avoid being drafted during the Vietnam War.

ModGlock17
10-02-2012, 06:32

What a freakin' joke!

Romney took his daddy's money and fled to France to avoid being drafted during the War.

Was that a -4.5 yrs or +4.5 yrs before the war ?

Even if that is true, still a whole lot better than being part of a domestic terrorism network called the Weather Underground, still a whole lot better than letting an American Ambassador, his aids, two former Seals died in Benghazi, for nothing.

winglock
10-02-2012, 07:07

What a freakin' joke!

Romney took his daddy's money and fled to France to avoid being drafted during the Vietnam War.

That's it, that's all you've got?? Remind me again what branch of the service your little boy served in. Which war did he fight? And where'd he get every single cent he has to this day. Oh, couldn't join the service, that's right couldn't find his SSN, and I'll be damned if he didn't lose every single transcript he had. No Mr. recruiter I have no proof I ever went to school. But I do have a feeling for unknown reasons I'm gonna win a Nobel Peace Prize. Oh you say you can't take me. That's okay I don't really like the USA anyway, maybe my comrades in the USSR will let me in if I can work up the nerve to defend anything.

series1811
10-02-2012, 07:08
It's going to be sad, when the election is over, and all the DUers are gone again, (until the next one).

FFR Spyder GT
10-02-2012, 09:24
That's it, that's all you've got??

It's all about a person's character.

Romney dodge the draft. He took he's daddy's money and fled to France to avoid the draft.

Now he wants to be POTUS.

No thanks, I'll pass.

Goaltender66
10-02-2012, 10:26
It's all about a person's character.

Interesting you bring up character, given that you trotted this out:

The latest Wash Post/CBS poll showed....

Obama 63%

Romney 31%

With a 3.5% margin of error.

Show a poll where Romney is even close to Obama.

Spyder

Having you deliver a lecture on character is akin to having Idi Amin give a lecture on the virtues of representative democracy.

ColdSteelNail
10-02-2012, 10:44
All that will come out of the debates is that we can see which candidate is better at not answering the questions.

coastal4974
10-02-2012, 11:30
Romney line: "Actually I have something in common with Obama. I've never written an article for the Harvard Law Review either"'

JFrame
10-02-2012, 11:35
Romney line: "Actually I have something in common with Obama. I've never written an article for the Harvard Law Review either"'

:rofl::rofl:

That's good...! :supergrin: