Polling dilemma....what do you think? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Polling dilemma....what do you think?

jdavionic
10-01-2012, 16:53
Interesting that we are seeing polls tighten. Why is that? Perhaps the people are truly changing their minds. OR...perhaps pollsters are closing in on the point where they need to worry about their own credibility.

Which do you think it is?

aircarver
10-01-2012, 16:56
I don't think they have any credibility ... so will cook the books right up to the election ... :upeyes:

Flintlocker
10-01-2012, 16:59
I don't think they have any credibility ... so will cook the books right up to the election ... :upeyes:

fud...

jdavionic
10-01-2012, 16:59

Perhaps...but at the end of the day, one focus is 'how accurate were the polls'. The pollsters that are closest will get more interest and more money for future elections. The pollsters that miss it will not get as much interest or money in the future.

aircarver
10-01-2012, 17:01
fud...

:supergrin:

jdavionic
10-01-2012, 17:03
:supergrin:

Yep...seems you're getting under F'r's skin :rofl:

JBnTX
10-01-2012, 17:04
This election is really turning into an election poll feeding frenzy.

Obviously the pollsters are trying to influence the outcome of the election, which is sad because that's not the purpose of polls.

Polls have become just another partisan tactic to steer the outcome of the election.

Jerry
10-01-2012, 17:15
What question(s) are the pollsters asking. Who are they asking. I've received two calls. Both times I told them to stuff it. Most of the people that I know tell them to stuff it. Liberals LOVE showing their misguided support. The pollsters want The Obomintion to win. Add it all together and what do you have. The Obomination out front in polls. We'll see what happens on election day.

jdavionic
10-01-2012, 18:22
What question(s) are the pollsters asking. Who are they asking. I've received two calls. Both times I told them to stuff it. Most of the people that I know tell them to stuff it. Liberals LOVE showing their misguided support. The pollsters want The Obomintion to win. Add it all together and what do you have. The Obomination out front in polls. We'll see what happens on election day.

I think for many people, they find the calls irritating and don't participate. However people like my parents would love to get a call & vent about Obama. So I don't who makes up the low percentage (~9%) participation.