Don't want to get shot...Pentagon advises don't offend Muslims [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Don't want to get shot...Pentagon advises don't offend Muslims

G17Jake
10-01-2012, 17:12
If you donít want to be shot in the back by your Afghan training partners, the Pentagon advises, donít offend their religious sensibilities. Donít kick your feet up on a table, for instance, and never ask to see a picture of their wives and kids.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/blaming_our_troops_gsNkgSOnejhkmabM2KA6TI

Why are we still in Afghanistan?

Ruble Noon
10-01-2012, 17:57

We wouldn't be if we elected Ron Paul. :whistling:

AlexHassin
10-01-2012, 18:20
maybe we should have some or our guys go nuts and pop some Afgans every so often for being insulting to us. keep everyone on edge.

the Afgans joining the army to get a chance to shoot some of us will not care how much we bend over backwards. begin polite is good, but this is a little over the top, are they going to withdraw all the left handed people from Afghanistan?

ModGlock17
10-01-2012, 18:37
My Afghan policy is very simple. Train them to drink heavy beer! Deliver like 1 million gallons of beer a month. Call it Mohammed's Juice, "Drink MJ and be blesses." Let our company market them over there.

After a beer delivery, parachute drop some AK-47 and ammo.

Sit back. Problems will solve themselves.

countrygun
10-01-2012, 18:55

Well just condemn him to Hades for not being rational enough to get the votes to win.

It's all Ron Paul's fault,if he wasn't crazy he might have been President and fixed everything.

Snowman92D
10-01-2012, 19:01

I see what you did there.

Just goes to show ya...a stopped clock is still right twice a day. :supergrin:

DOC44
10-01-2012, 20:11
Don't want to get shot... don't offend Muslims

How long before this applies to Americans here in the States?

Doc44

SPIN2010
10-01-2012, 20:22
"pentagon enemy sympathizers"

It seems more than just the kenyan and his regime need to be flushed out of our United States of America.

Shameful! :steamed:

Jerry
10-01-2012, 20:49
Why would I want to train with someone that might shoot me in the back? My advice is tell the Afgans and all Muslims for that matter to eat pork and die. Hows that for tolerance. The Muslims have taught me well. :tongueout:

JBnTX
10-01-2012, 20:55

...And the Taliban and al-Qaeda would rule Afghanistan.

Then after joining forces with Iran, they would destroy Israel.
After that they would attack Western European countries.

Then they'll bring the fight home to America's streets.

Yep, a lot would be different if we elected Ron Paul.

Gunnut 45/454
10-01-2012, 21:15
Jerry
I want a flipping the bird smiley! Really! :supergrin: Until we do, to all you mussy's let me offend you and Mohomo F'off !! If you PM me I'll be more then happy to set a place and time where we can meet and exchange gunfire! Honest I will and I'll showup with pig fat dipped bullets just for you!:supergrin:

janice6
10-01-2012, 21:17

To let them have target practice.

The Maggy
10-01-2012, 23:20

News flash...

as for the rest of your post; most middle eastern muslims are like anyone else in the world. The majority can't find Israel on the map nor do they care.

Fearing that Afghanistan and Iran are going to team up, cross a thousand miles of generally hostile foreign countries and tag one of the two most technologically advanced forces on the planet and then load up on their massive flotilla of mighty warships and storm the beaches of America, after pummeling our navy and neutralizing our air force....

It was war, we broke it; we by no means intended to buy it. OBL is dead, AQ and the Taliban were disrupted (that boat kind of sailed in the 2006-2007 range when they started winning local elections again), and Afghanistan now has something that sort of resembles free, democratic, elections.

Is there anything else that you would actually like to accomplish or should we just continue flushing mine, my children's, and my grand children's money into a ****hole country for no reason other than political pride?

Sam Spade
10-01-2012, 23:24
In seriousness, there's some validity to the actual caution put out by the Pentagon (as opposed to the distorted message that made it to the public).

Several of the shootings have been over slights or insults. Trainers and guys in combined assignments have to be aware that the culture is still rooted in the feud. It's expected that a real man will kill the guy who crosses the line. And it's a Pashtun thing more than it's a Muslim thing.

Louisville Glocker
10-01-2012, 23:35

Wow, what a claim. First off, which one, Taliban or Al-Qaeda? They're not exactly friends.

And then you think the two, after magically joining together would join forces with Iran? Highly unlikely. If so, why wouldn't they have done that already?

Do you just lump 'em all together, like my 4 year old lumps bad guys together? Sounds that way.

Then destroy Israel, then straight to the US. Really? That sequence of events is what you think would happen if we pull out of Afghanistan?

Pure fantasy and speculation.

If the US would pull out of Afghanistan, and stop our blind support of Israel's repression of Palestinians, neither Al-Qaeda nor the Taliban would have a major beef with us. Problem solved.

And who has Iran attacked lately?

The Maggy
10-01-2012, 23:56
And who has Iran attacked lately?

they did have a pretty bloody, knock down, drag out, used chemical weapons on each other, eight year long disagreement with their neighbors... and they tried to partially fund a civil war between the sunni and shia of that same neighbor in more recent history...

...but you know as soon as America pulls out of Afghanistan, a magical Muslim colored rainbow is going to stretch from Mecca all the way to Bangledesh, uniting everyone under the banner of Islam; instantly dissolving all international borders, automatically ousting any dictator, president, or prime minister; and heralding the start of the 8th or 9th or 20th caliphate that the "creeping sharia" types keep warning us about. :upeyes:

JBnTX
10-02-2012, 06:35
I hope you guys are right, but history says you're wrong.

It took nine Holy Crusades to crush the Muslim's prior attempt's to conquer the world and establish Islam as the world's only religion.

It's probably going to take a world wide war to stop them this time. A war that began on 11 Sept 2001.

Cavalry Doc
10-02-2012, 06:56
maybe we should have some or our guys go nuts and pop some Afgans every so often for being insulting to us. keep everyone on edge.

the Afgans joining the army to get a chance to shoot some of us will not care how much we bend over backwards. begin polite is good, but this is a little over the top, are they going to withdraw all the left handed people from Afghanistan?

I'd prefer a solution that included the use of cluster munitions

OctoberRust
10-02-2012, 07:03
Well just condemn him to Hades for not being rational enough to get the votes to win.

It's all Ron Paul's fault,if he wasn't crazy he might have been President and fixed everything.

Yea, ending the war on drugs that has billions wasted, and thousands of lives, creating a big black market.

Bringing the troops home, preventing blowback and future incidents similar to 9/11

Making a balanced budget, and actually addressing our country's fiscal issue at hand.

WHEW! Very crazy!!!!!

Liberals/RINOs like you fail to make sense much of the time.