Obama, Bush did it [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Obama, Bush did it

Ruble Noon
10-01-2012, 19:07
Obama said the previous administration initiated Fast and Furious and that Holder shut the program down after he found out about it. Letís check the first part of that statement for veracity.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/obamas-univision-denial-that-fast-and-furious-started-on-his-watch/2012/09/21/7726b4ba-041f-11e2-8102-ebee9c66e190_blog.html

I just saw video of this on GBTV and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. :wow:

countrygun
10-01-2012, 19:11
Just off the top of my head I recall that the Bush Admins "Operation wide reveiver" was based on tracking devices in a few controlled weapons and when the devices didn't work, the program was "****canned.

GAFinch
10-01-2012, 21:17
How is the average person supposed to know that the program wasn't started under Bush if their media sources don't tell them? I'm sure they look at a F&F headline now, dismiss it as a right wing conspiracy, and move on to a Lindsay Lohan article.

series1811
10-02-2012, 07:12
It only works when you have a base that is stupid enough to believe it. Obama does.

Completely different programs with completely different investigative techniques (and completely different levels of oversight)..

Obama knows it and is lying. His supporters aren't smart enough to know the difference and he knows that, too.

pugman
10-02-2012, 07:26
This is American politics today.

Politicans have adopted the middle school playground philosophy of "managing" this country.

I did X? Well the other guy did that?

Past presidents have simply set the stage of excuses of future administrations.

Just imagine if a president took responsibility for something they did?