Hungry hogs eat Oregon farmer [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hungry hogs eat Oregon farmer

IndianaMatt
10-01-2012, 21:43
Farmer went out to feed his swine — and they feasted on him instead, authorities say.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/hungry-hogs-eat-oregon-farmer-article-1.1172448

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash3/50260_27602593010_1003297_n.jpg

Wanted for questioning??

janice6
10-01-2012, 21:46
My father used to be very wary of letting us kids get too close to hogs. He was a farmer in his youth, and was very concerned about hogs.

I guess this brought back memories.

Geko45
10-01-2012, 21:46
A metaphor for American liberals...

jame
10-01-2012, 21:53
When I was a kid, we bucket fed our sows. When I went in, I had to move fast or get run over. I can really understand how that could happen.

Many farmers die on the job, and this is just one way to do it. Tough way to go.

HarlDane
10-01-2012, 22:02
Humans: 100,000,000
Pigs: 1

Hamilton Burger
10-01-2012, 22:10
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/jadams77/dorothyozpigs.gif

tsmo1066
10-01-2012, 22:11
Sometimes you eat the bacon...sometimes the bacon eats you.

truetopath
10-01-2012, 22:16
Human, it's what's for breakfast...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

fnfalman
10-01-2012, 22:22
In a pig's eyes.

frank4570
10-01-2012, 22:23
Hogs/pigs have a very specific hierarchy.
"Every man for himself."

They are not like dogs, cats, or humans. They are different. Do NOT turn your back on them.

CU4X4N
10-01-2012, 22:24
Farmer went out to feed his swine — and they feasted on him instead, authorities say.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/hungry-hogs-eat-oregon-farmer-article-1.1172448

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash3/50260_27602593010_1003297_n.jpg

Wanted for questioning??

What an appropriate story to go with your Avatar.

Bricktop:

"You're always gonna have problems lifting a body in one piece. Apparently the best thing to do is cut up a corpse into six pieces and pile it all together. And when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a p***head. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig sh**, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig"."

frank4570
10-01-2012, 22:27
And feel free to consider the possibility that he had some kind of medical incident and fell into the hog pen still alive an conscious. And the hogs put an end to that alive part. Absolutely possible.
NEVER trust hogs.

Detectorist
10-01-2012, 22:51
They were not ordinary hogs. They weighed in at 700lbs. Monsters.

Peace Warrior
10-01-2012, 23:23
It's a dog eat dog world. Oh wait...

G29Reload
10-01-2012, 23:29
Hogs/pigs have a very specific hierarchy.
"Every man for himself."

They are not like dogs, cats, or humans. They are different. Do NOT turn your back on them.

I learned something today. Didn't know they were that nasty, not on the rare occasion I visit a farm and see them in a pen, they're kinda cute and funny, amusing even…watching them root around.

What a way to go. Ugh...

JLB768
10-02-2012, 01:40
Damn, hope them hogs don't make it onto someones Christmas dinner table...

Beeman
10-02-2012, 03:58
I have family who are hog farmers. They have always said not to trust them, they will eat anything including YOU.

Clutch Cargo
10-02-2012, 04:19
Make plenty of bacon then ship an army of the things where they would do the most good (damage)

OH NO!!!!!
http://www.photographers.it/articoli/foto1/maometto/bobblehead_muhammed.jpg

Bren
10-02-2012, 04:47

And a good one.

Damn, hope them hogs don't make it onto someones Christmas dinner table...

Hog rights activist?

JLB768
10-02-2012, 05:12
Hog rights activist?

Nope, just wouldn't want to eat Mr Garner for Christmas.

Lowjiber
10-02-2012, 05:24
For years, I've used the expression, "I haven't had so much fun since my brother got eaten by the hogs." Now, I have proof that it does happen.

ca survivor
10-02-2012, 05:50
Hate hogs. :steamed:

paynter2
10-02-2012, 05:54
Gives a whole new meaning to "makin' bacon".

I just saw a video on TV yesterday of some people trying to get a feral pig into a travel crate. I don't know why they didn't just kill it. Anyway, I was thinking they better be careful. Those things are very, very dangerous.

I spent my youthful summers on a farm. As others have stated, I was always told me to be wary of the hogs.

certifiedfunds
10-02-2012, 06:07

Excellent and spot on

Al Czervik
10-02-2012, 07:02
I learned something today. Didn't know they were that nasty, not on the rare occasion I visit a farm and see them in a pen, they're kinda cute and funny, amusing even…watching them root around.

What a way to go. Ugh...

Pigs are much nastier and more intelligent than most people think. Never trust them.

Big Bird
10-02-2012, 08:31
Went to s%$t and then the hogs ate him...

Sharkey
10-02-2012, 08:36
First off, I'm sorry for his family. That is a terrible way to go.

I keep waiting to see "Swearigon" in this thread (some will get it if they watched the show).

That said, why don't we release these hogs down Pennsylvania Ave.? I hear there is a lot of fat there. Once they are done feasting, just have a bunch of 2nd. amendment supporters come in with AR's and harvest the swine.

From another thread, I hear there is a shortage of Bacon.
One big BBQ freedom fest on the steps of our Capital. :thumbsup:

Bren
10-02-2012, 08:57
Nope, just wouldn't want to eat Mr Garner for Christmas.

Really? I can't see it being a problem to eat an animal that has eaten a person.

Never Nervous
10-02-2012, 10:15
Without weapons of some kind we as humans are very low on the food chain.

NN

jp3975
10-02-2012, 10:59
Really? I can't see it being a problem to eat an animal that has eaten a person.

Its only fair.

jtull7
10-02-2012, 11:03
Here is one of my favorite C&W song titles:

"He Went To Sleep and The Hogs Ate Him (Now Claude's Gone Forever)"

Peace Warrior
10-02-2012, 11:16

NN

Disagree in the sense that our intellect has caused us to produce tools/weapons for food harvesting.

Hunger is a powerful motivator. Man eating big cats were caught and destroyed by digging holes or taking advantage of certain caves.

Once you eat something, say a mussel, you can use the shell as a blade. Additionally, you can use the mussel's insides to attract fish.

I think it has more to do with intelligence than simply creating or having weapons borne of this same intelligence. Besides, I've never once had deer start shooting back at me, if they do, I'll be wearing a sign that says hunting for rabbits/squirrels only.

Nutt51
10-02-2012, 17:49
The whole time I was reading this thread, I was thinking
about.......

Mr. Wu's Pigs on "Deadwood."

Angry Fist
10-02-2012, 17:53
Make plenty of bacon then ship an army of the things where they would do the most good (damage)

OH NO!!!!!
http://www.photographers.it/articoli/foto1/maometto/bobblehead_muhammed.jpgDamn right.

noway
10-02-2012, 18:11
And feel free to consider the possibility that he had some kind of medical incident and fell into the hog pen still alive an conscious. And the hogs put an end to that alive part. Absolutely possible.
NEVER trust hogs.

My thoughts also. When we raised hogs, they would eat anything that falls or was thrown into the pen. This 70yr could have had a heart attack while in the pen and the hogs being a oppurtunist eater, took advantage of his fate.

I do wonder if the hogs feasted on the guy, how will the medical examiner conduct his investigate and will they need to slaughter a few hogs to gather any remains. Either way, a very sick outcome.

geofri
10-02-2012, 18:15
Should have fed like so:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/andygeofri/Forum%20Photos/tumblr_m9rpgit0k31qi7ul8o1_500_zps9133bd77.gif

dango
10-02-2012, 18:45
What an appropriate story to go with your Avatar.

Bricktop:

"You're always gonna have problems lifting a body in one piece. Apparently the best thing to do is cut up a corpse into six pieces and pile it all together. And when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a p***head. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig sh**, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig"."

Why do you know this ?...............:shocked:

GermanyBound
10-02-2012, 18:52

The movie Snatch. Great movie. The scene this comes from one of the better parts of the movie.

larry_minn
10-02-2012, 21:48
I had a uncle with hogs. I remember pulling little pigs from the sow in open yard. You made dang sure you had the two dogs close. Otherwise the sows could corner you.
they will eat dang near anything/everything. I remember we moved some hay bales. RATS came out and hogs attacked them.

Al Czervik
10-02-2012, 22:54
I had a uncle with hogs. I remember pulling little pigs from the sow in open yard. You made dang sure you had the two dogs close. Otherwise the sows could corner you.
they will eat dang near anything/everything. I remember we moved some hay bales. RATS came out and hogs attacked them.

One of the funnier things I've seen, is a hog eating a medium-sized rattler. It caught the snake and ate it like a big angry noodle. It was struck several times about the head and neck, but just honey badgered on.

dango
10-03-2012, 04:40
The movie Snatch. Great movie. The scene this comes from one of the better parts of the movie.

Ok then , carry on !......................:supergrin:

Bren
10-03-2012, 04:57

How does anybody not?

dango
10-03-2012, 06:03
How does anybody not?

!......................................................!:shocked:

Fox184
10-03-2012, 06:43
One of the funnier things I've seen, is a hog eating a medium-sized rattler. It caught the snake and ate it like a big angry noodle. It was struck several times about the head and neck, but just honey badgered on.

Where I grew up it was known that if a ranch had hogs, rattlesnakes stayed away.

Mayhem like Me
10-03-2012, 08:11

NN

Absolutely wrong.

We are predators, and at the top for a reason.

Our ability to work through problems and adapt, using sticks bones and rocks to fashion weapons keeps us there.

Never Nervous
10-04-2012, 15:22
Absolutely wrong.

We are predators, and at the top for a reason.

Our ability to work through problems and adapt, using sticks bones and rocks to fashion weapons keeps us there.

You wanna take those sticks, bones and rocks into brown bear territory?:supergrin:

janice6
10-04-2012, 15:38

What a way to go. Ugh...

There are pigs and there are Hogs.

DesertEagle
10-05-2012, 12:14
How does anybody not?

I decided to chime in on this thread just to say...

Agreed.

Such a great movie