CA Dems caught in voter registration fraud* [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CA Dems caught in voter registration fraud*

Walt_NC
10-02-2012, 10:01
From the article:

Statewide, Democratic voter registration in California is in decline. Thirty percent of voters are now listed as Democrats as opposed to 32% in 2008. It was awfully suspicious, then, when Democrat registrations in Riverside County jumped by 35,000 this year, seemingly giving them an advantage of 51,000 voters over Republicans. It turns out that thousands of Republicans have been re-registered as Democrats without their permission.

A Democratic voter outreach program named ‘The Golden State Voter Participation Project’ stationed workers outside of stores and welfare offices to sign people up. Republican activists are alleging fraud and have given the county registrar of voters 133 affidavits from Republicans, many of whom are Latino or African American, who state that they were wrongly re-registered as Democrats. Many were presented with documents that were misrepresented. One thought he was signing a petition to lower the price of gasoline, another that he was supporting the legalization of marijuana. Some were promised free cigarettes in exchange for signing.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/10/01/california-gop-voter-fraud/

*In the article, it was actually another Republican group that was committing voter registration fraud in an attempt to disenfranchise Democrats. Again. And I looked at the other instances of this happening in Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado and Nevada, and I'm all "My gut is telling me that something just doesn't look right". So I unskewed the above story by swapping the words "Democrats" and "Republicans".

Gundude
10-02-2012, 10:13
*In the article, it was actually another Republican group that was committing voter registration fraud in an attempt to disenfranchise Democrats. Again. And I looked at the other instances of this happening in Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado and Nevada, and I'm all "My gut is telling me that something just doesn't look right". So I unskewed the above story by swapping the words "Democrats" and "Republicans".The first clue was right here:Republican activists are alleging fraud and have given the county registrar of voters 133 affidavits from Republicans, many of whom are Latino or African American,Nobody's gonna believe there are up to 133 latino or black Republicans in a single county. :shakehead:

series1811
10-02-2012, 11:58
*In the article, it was actually another Republican group

I think we all guessed that this was going to be a warmed over Flintlicker post when we saw you as the OP.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445679

(you guys need to make sure DU is more clear on which of you is supposed to post these).

walt cowan
10-03-2012, 07:10
it's a distraction to throw your attention away from the fixed dibold machines. don't fall for it!

Bren
10-03-2012, 08:05
The first thing that comes to my mind is, why would you change voters' party afffiliation?

In the primary, it makes people who are against your party vote in your primary, which increases votes for the candidate you dislike, if they vote at all. In turn, that hurts your party in the general election, if you end up with a bad candidate.

In the general election, they would never even know what party they are registered as and it wouldn't matter.

Likewise, if these people weren't registered to vote at all, registering people who may vote for the other party is a really, really bad idea.

Seems like a pretty useless, or even counter-productive, kind of fraud, no matter which party may have done it.

Gundude
10-03-2012, 10:10
Seems like a pretty useless, or even counter-productive, kind of fraud, no matter which party may have done it.Kind of a recurring theme when the Republicans try to play the Democrat game, isn't it? They add just enough of their own twist to it to make it destructive to their own cause.

Or, they pick a Democrat strategy that's already demonstrated its failure, and follow it to a T. Note the similarities between John Kerry's and Mitt Romney's presidential bids.