The Walking Dead; Season 3 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead; Season 3

Jade Falcon
10-02-2012, 19:40
So anyone waiting with anticipation for this new season? I can't wait!

It looks like the group is going to be heading to a Prison at the beginning of the season. It should provide for some good fortifications, and potential ammo/weapons picks.

As the show goes on, I would like to see the group form an alliance with another "Clan", and perhaps, even start a new government, or form of government. But I don't anticipate that happening for at least another season or two. However, it would be wise, while they are still strong in numbers, to meet up with another group, and either increase their numbers, or perhaps barter or trade for other items that they need, if they are provided them.

What do you think? What are you looking forward or hoping for in this 3rd season? Myself, besides hooking up with another group and increasing their numbers, I would like to see Merle come back. By the looks of the trailer, that just might be a possibility.

And what happened to the father and son that Rick left in Atlanta? I hope they make it out of the city and hook up with Rick and the others.

The 3rd Season starts Saturday, October 14th.

Discuss.

jastroud
10-02-2012, 19:48
Just now watching season 2 on Netflix!

Jade Falcon
10-02-2012, 19:50
Just now watching season 2 on Netflix!

My father downloaded seasons one and two onto his laptop through Apple. He loves the Series so far. :cool:

Me, I'm catching up on Season 2 at the moment. I've just got to finish "Nebraska"; they just slaughtered the barn full of Walkers.

Indianashooter
10-02-2012, 19:54
Can't ****ing wait!

CSnakes
10-02-2012, 19:55
There should be a decent armory in a prison...

Jade Falcon
10-02-2012, 19:58

And alot of Walkers to shoot! Bring on the firepower! :rock:

PrO...
10-02-2012, 19:59
I read the comics and I can NOT wait for this season! To anyone who doesn't read them you are in store for some craziness even if they only follow half of the stuff.

jastroud
10-02-2012, 20:22
My father downloaded seasons one and two onto his laptop through Apple. He loves the Series so far. :cool:

Me, I'm catching up on Season 2 at the moment. I've just got to finish "Nebraska"; they just slaughtered the barn full of Walkers.

(In my best Sawyer from Lost voice) Well then Captain Spoiler, any more tidbits to share before I WATCH them? :D

Jade Falcon
10-02-2012, 20:32
(In my best Sawyer from Lost voice) Well then Captain Spoiler, any more tidbits to share before I WATCH them? :D

Oh nooo! *facedesk* I'm so sorry bro! I didn't even think before I typed that. I guess I just assumed everyone had seen last season. Sorry! No more spoilers. What episode are you on?

jastroud
10-02-2012, 20:42
Oh nooo! *facedesk* I'm so sorry bro! I didn't even think before I typed that. I guess I just assumed everyone had seen last season. Sorry! No more spoilers. What episode are you on?

No worries friend. I am on episode 3. I think I may be the ONLY person who hasn't seen TWD or Lost so if I catch a spoiler or two along the way it's my own fault.

NeverMore1701
10-02-2012, 20:50
Can't wait! Enjoyed the 4 webisodes they put out as a teaser.

Lee-online
10-02-2012, 20:56
Season 3 looks good.

THE WALKING DEAD season 3 Trailer (HD) - YouTube

Hamilton Burger
10-02-2012, 21:31
I still don't believe that Racetrack found "New Caprica" purely by accident. I think when Helo showed Sharon the offswitch-code something else loaded into her...

...wait......

NeverMore1701
10-02-2012, 21:33
I still don't believe that Racetrack found "New Caprica" purely by accident. I think when Helo showed Sharon the offswitch-code something else loaded into her...

...wait......

I should watch that again.

Magnus2131
10-02-2012, 21:37
I have to find another option to watch them as I'm still with Dish at the moment.

Diesel McBadass
10-02-2012, 21:41
I cant wait. More capping zombies with a python:cool:

*ASH*
10-02-2012, 21:50
I have to find another option to watch them as I'm still with Dish at the moment.

same here , pisses me off DISH bailed out .

that trailer was by FOX , wonder if its on fox this year

i can catch it online and thru torrents .

Diesel McBadass
10-02-2012, 21:51
tv-links.eu

elliotb33
10-02-2012, 22:44
No worries friend. I am on episode 3. I think I may be the ONLY person who hasn't seen TWD or Lost so if I catch a spoiler or two along the way it's my own fault.

Lost>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TWD

NeverMore1701
10-02-2012, 22:47
Lost was terribad.

sharpshooter
10-02-2012, 22:54
I just switched from Dish to DirecTV so I can watch this show. Fortunately, no cancelation fees for me! Goodbye Dish!

Restless28
10-03-2012, 04:36
I have a hunch that Andrea will side with the governor. I don't think Herschel and the blond daughter will last long either.

Louisville Glocker
10-03-2012, 04:42
I'm expecting some more internal problems in the group. I'm sure they'll lose at least one or two characters. Should be a fun season.

M&P Shooter
10-03-2012, 07:16
I wonder if Opie will be a walker in season 3:crying:

PaulMason
10-03-2012, 07:56
I think the Zombie thing in general might be on the way out. There is just too much of it out there lately in various forms.

FFR Spyder GT
10-03-2012, 09:22
Can't ****ing wait!

Me too!!!

I don't think it's a prison. More like a research complex, maybe?

I dropped Dish and went to Directv.

I just switched from Dish to DirecTV so I can watch this show. Fortunately, no cancelation fees for me! Goodbye Dish!

+1!

TeeJay37
10-03-2012, 09:35
I cant wait. More capping zombies with a python:cool:

The promos show Rick with a Glock with a mag-lite on the end. I'm guessing it becomes his primary. He used it a lot in the last few episodes.

Can't wait for the premiere. Even though everyone ticked me off at the end of the last season.

Magnus2131
10-03-2012, 09:42
I dropped Dish and went to Directv. I can't drop providers every time they change programming. There are penalties.

TeeJay37
10-03-2012, 09:45
I can't drop providers every time they change programming. There are penalties.

I second tv-links.eu if you can. That's how I watch a lot of stuff that Netflix takes forever to get.

Glockdude1
10-03-2012, 09:49
I wonder if Opie will be a walker in season 3:crying:

That would be one very hard to kill walker!!

:cool:

fnfalman
10-03-2012, 09:57
I don't think Herschel and the blond daughter will last long either.

Hush your mouth!!! :steamed: The farmer's daughter is the reason why I'm watching the show.:supergrin:

eruby
10-03-2012, 12:54
Hush your mouth!!! :steamed: The farmer's daughter is the reason why I'm watching the show.:supergrin:I think he means the younger girl that sort of tried to bump herself off last season, and not hot Maggie who is with Glenn.

fnfalman
10-03-2012, 12:57
I think he means the younger girl that sort of tried to bump herself off last season, and not hot Maggie who is with Glenn.

Oh, that one. I got she got eatened when the zombies stormed the farm?

Slackinoff
10-03-2012, 13:02
Sunday 9/8c October 14th if anybody was wondering like me.

Edit...saw it in the first post....but he has it for sat.

eruby
10-03-2012, 13:03
Oh, that one. I got she got eatened when the zombies stormed the farm?I thnk that was ANOTHER daughter. It looks like suicide girl is in the trailer posted in this thread.

But I could eeeeasily be wrong.

GlockinNJ
10-03-2012, 13:04
The promos show Rick with a Glock with a mag-lite on the end. I'm guessing it becomes his primary. He used it a lot in the last few episodes.

Rick with a Glock? Say it ain't so. I like that Python!

Can't wait for Season 3. I've watched every episode as it aired and I don't plan on missing any now!

TeeJay37
10-03-2012, 13:14
Rick with a Glock? Say it ain't so. I like that Python!

Can't wait for Season 3. I've watched every episode as it aired and I don't plan on missing any now!

Yea, I think they found a few along the way cuz there were a couple between the characters those last few episodes. Unless the prop people just got lazy an hoped no one noticed. I watched them all as they premiered but a few when we didn't have cable for a few months. It's gonna be good. I don't like the half seasons though. They irritate me. Have to wait a whole year for the second half of the final season of Breaking Bad.
ETA:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/teejay37/5AB05115-BEF6-45DE-BADC-4DE1BF73C8EE-29383-00000874DF859AB9.jpg

eracer
10-03-2012, 13:19
Lost>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TWD
Ugh....

fnfalman
10-03-2012, 13:21
Yep, looks like the younger farmer daughter survived Season 2. I hope that she gets eaten soon. She's cute but damn, her character is pathetic.

JFrame
10-03-2012, 13:21
Another TWD fan here... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC_banger.gif

The beauty of the TV series, versus the graphic novels, is that the series diverges just enough from the timelines and the plot lines, that a fan of the books can still thoroughly enjoy the TV shows, and be surprised by them.

Jade Falcon
10-03-2012, 19:25
Sunday 9/8c October 14th if anybody was wondering like me.

Edit...saw it in the first post....but he has it for sat.

Oops, sorry! Thanks for the correction.

vr4 case
10-03-2012, 19:50
tv-links.eu

I guess I'm just not technologically inclined, but how do you get the video from the tv-links.edu? If I hit the black "stream this now" (cinapalace) it wants me to sign up for something "free" but provide my credit card. or i can go below that to the green "download" or "play now" buttons (powered by ilivid) but it just keeps trying to download illived.

Any help?

PrO...
10-03-2012, 19:52
Another TWD fan here... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC_banger.gif

The beauty of the TV series, versus the graphic novels, is that the series diverges just enough from the timelines and the plot lines, that a fan of the books can still thoroughly enjoy the TV shows, and be surprised by them.

100% Agree!

TeeJay37
10-03-2012, 21:34
I guess I'm just not technologically inclined, but how do you get the video from the tv-links.edu? If I hit the black "stream this now" (cinapalace) it wants me to sign up for something "free" but provide my credit card. or i can go below that to the green "download" or "play now" buttons (powered by ilivid) but it just keeps trying to download illived.

Any help?

I downloaded ilivid. I looked it up and mcafee said that it was safe, so I went for it. The green "play now" is what I use. Of course, make your own decision on ilivid as I didn't do a whole lot of research.

Another one I use is watchseries.eu (lots of pirating in Europe, I guess) and I don't think I had to install anything. It's very search/browse friendly, too. A couple good places it links to are daclips and gorillavid. Fair warning, though...yesterday I got a pop up that literally said "get ready to ******* a new chick every night..." All the pop-ups get bothersome sometimes.

NeverMore1701
10-03-2012, 21:35
utorrent and thepiratebay.se

'nuff said.

Fox
10-05-2012, 00:34
I doubt that the tv show producers will stray too far from the storyline in the illustrated novels.

That said, I am thinking that it would have been wise for the group to have taken over a deserted farm in the 2nd season. At some point the canned foods are going to run out and they will need to be producing their own food. The alternative is to starve at some point.

In season two, there was an episode where Darryl searched a deserted farmhouse. It was a two story house. A log palisade with simple guard towers would have made it secure.

JFrame
10-05-2012, 04:56
I doubt that the tv show producers will stray too far from the storyline in the illustrated novels.

That said, I am thinking that it would have been wise for the group to have taken over a deserted farm in the 2nd season. At some point the canned foods are going to run out and they will need to be producing their own food. The alternative is to starve at some point.

In season two, there was an episode where Darryl searched a deserted farmhouse. It was a two story house. A log palisade with simple guard towers would have made it secure.

*** SPOILER ALERT FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN ALL OF LAST SEASON'S EPISODES ***

By the same token, it seemed like they could have easily fortified and reinforced Herschel's house during the time everyone was there. When the herd of zombies struck, someone made some passing mention of the fact that a herd that size could literally tear the house apart, which was the rationale they used for fleeing.

Man -- those are some mean talons on those zombies if they can do that...! :shocked:

The people in that show really do make some weird decisions...But I still love it... :cool:

Fox
10-05-2012, 05:27
I just got to the episode where that old timer finally got it through his head that the zombies are undead rather than merely sick. Yes, they could have fortified that house. A simple log palisade and some guard towers for riflemen would have secured their homestead.

They seem to be wanting to kill that young man they took prisoner but the leader does not have the balls to do it. IMO they're morons for not putting him to work. They should be planting and harvesting crops to get through winter.

Raleigh Glocker
10-05-2012, 05:31
Season 3 looks good.

THE WALKING DEAD season 3 Trailer (HD) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nctD9UM478&feature=related)

Colonel Sanders killing zombies. THAT'S something to look forward to.
:supergrin:

Love. This. Show.

FPS
10-05-2012, 05:38
If you guys need something to hold you over until the 14th check out the movie "Stake Land".

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/stake_land/

Stake Land - Official Trailer [HD] - YouTube

nmk
10-05-2012, 06:10

I couldn't agree more.

TheJ
10-08-2012, 08:26
I am excited to see the new season. My wife (who used to think it was stupid but then watched some of the episodes on my iPad and then the whole first two seasons) got sucked in as well and is now anxious to watch too. Lol