Para GI LTC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Para GI LTC

Islander1
10-02-2012, 20:10
Looked at one today. I liked it. Not to many reviews that I could find. What do you guys think?

ilgunguygt
10-02-2012, 21:12
A friend of mine bought one. It was definately reliable, and accurate enough. The trigger suffered a little bit though, it pulled at 8lbs on his. We went to do some trigger work on it and found some interesting things. The insides are not true 1911 spec. For examply a mainspring is right, but the sear spring is not. He was going to do a drop in sear spring to lighten the trigger, but the one in the GI Expert is longer than standard. We tried the one he ordered and another one from a stock colt, they are definately different. In the end I ended up modifying his spring and just polishing things up. Got the trigger down to a reasonably clean 5lbs.

As far as buying one taking it out of the box and shooting it I think they are a decent gun. If you are buying it with plans of modifying it in the future, I think I would look elsewhere.

Gary1911A1
10-03-2012, 02:21
Had one with the power extractor and while mine seemed to work I read enough bad things about them I eventually sold mine to "step up" to another brand. The finish on mine also was not very durable.

zhix
10-03-2012, 14:38
I would never consider buying another Para

Ruggles
10-03-2012, 16:37
I had a LTC about 5-6 years ago. Bought it within 30 days of buying a Les Baer TRS Comanche so I shot both side by side a number of times over the next year. Reliability wise they were equal. Accuracy wise I am sure the Les Baer had the edge but in my hands they both shot equally.

The finish on the LTC was not very good, the hard chrome on the TRS was much better of course. The fit on the TRS was of course much nicer, almost too tight really IMO, but much nicer no doubt.

No issues with the LTC while I owned it. The TRS has the ejector mushroom as the slide beat the crap out of it, I filed it down and it was fine after that. It did not cause any reliability issues.

All in all I think the $500 for the LTC was a equal value to the $2000 for the TRS. I ended up selling both as neither really ever attached themselves to me in that special way :)

Also owned as Warthawg that I was pleased with. Fat little guy but a good guy no the less.

I am not in the market for a 1911 but if I were I would not rush towards a Para but I would not rule one out either.

bac1023
10-03-2012, 19:41
I have a Para GI Expert and it works great. However, Para's build quility and parts quality leaves a lot to be desired.

ilgunguygt
10-03-2012, 20:29
I have a Para GI Expert and it works great. However, Para's build quility and parts quality leaves a lot to be desired.
That pretty much sums it up.

Rinspeed
10-04-2012, 15:35
I wouldn't own a Para.