sanding down safety on trigger [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : sanding down safety on trigger

RM686
10-02-2012, 23:49
Have a new G19 4 gen. changed out trigger for G17 rounded version. Did polish, job 3.5 connector wolf, 6 lb trigger spring. Trigger pull is 4.25 lbs. I still hate the trigger. The safety lever in the trigger cuts into my finger and after 300 rounds this gun is not fun to shoot. Has anyone tried filing the safety on the trigger so when it is pressed it is flush with the trigger. I see Clockworks sells such a trigger with a wider safety and flush when engaged but for $150.00. All my 20 guns both revolvers and semi autos have smooth triggers. WTF was Glock thinking.
Any suggestions?

Comedian
10-03-2012, 00:30
If you file it, the gun probably wont shoot. Since you will no longer be able to depress it.

RM686
10-03-2012, 00:37
If you file it, the gun probably wont shoot. Since you will no longer be able to depress it.

I would depress it and file off the part still sticking up above the rest of the troger.

Comedian
10-03-2012, 00:42
I would depress it and file off the part still sticking up above the rest of the troger.

Gotcha. I wouldn't do it, but they are cheap to replace if it goes bad.

SJ 40
10-03-2012, 01:23
I do on the ones that offend.I usually start out at round 220 grit and finish off with 600 grit. Mind you I am just taking off the amount that doesn't lay flush with the main body of the trigger,in doing so I have never taken off any more that would prevent the safety from functioning in any way other than designed. SJ 40

Opie 1 Kenopie
10-03-2012, 07:16
What was Glock thinking? They thought "We just designed a super-safe pistol with an innovative trigger that could only hurt Cousin Arnold's girlie mans!"

I would NEVER dick with the trigger since its a safety also. For some reason millions of Glock owners aren't injured by their triggers, so maybe you just need a different pistol platform.

MNBud
10-03-2012, 07:19
Do exactly as RM686 suggested, it is usually the second thing I do to my Glocks after installing TruGlo sights. I put the trigger in the fired position and then use a half round jewelers file to bring the tab flush with the rest of the trigger and then sand it and the ribs with 400 grit emery and then 600 grit. The sanding takes the sharp edges off but doesn't remove a noticeable amount of material. This is a huge improvement and will not affect the operation of the safety. (which in my mind is a joke to start with).

Slackinoff
10-03-2012, 07:32
Do exactly as RM686 suggested, it is usually the second thing I do to my Glocks after installing TruGlo sights. I put the trigger in the fired position and then use a half round jewelers file to bring the tab flush with the rest of the trigger and then sand it and the ribs with 400 grit emery and then 600 grit. The sanding takes the sharp edges off but doesn't remove a noticeable amount of material. This is a huge improvement and will not affect the operation of the safety. (which in my mind is a joke to start with).

Great post, thanks.

English
10-03-2012, 11:42

Only thing to add is that it is easier to start by scraping the trigger safety down with a small sharp knife with the blade at right angles to the surface. The design is indeed very poor ergonomics.

English

sciolist
10-03-2012, 12:11
+1 for scraping.

M 7
10-03-2012, 12:37
I just use one of my wife's fine emory boards to remove the sharp edges and very slightly reshape the trigger safety. Takes about 15 seconds.

scccdoc
10-03-2012, 12:43
I have soft hands, and this is not an issue for me. GEESH..................now I'm gonna think about it!......DOC

RM686
10-03-2012, 16:16
I have soft hands, and this is not an issue for me. GEESH..................now I'm gonna think about it!......DOC

Great fix posted by MNBud. It only becomes an issue after maybe 200 to 220 rounds of ammo fired. I have been shooting pistols and revolves for over 50 years usually about 300 or more rounds per range session. I have never had this problem before buying a Glock. Have no problem with accuracy either.When you look at something like Fulcrum triggers which solve this problem starting at $150.00 and do nothing more for this price, I think Glock could have come up with a better design.
If you go to the range and shoot 2 or 3 boxes of ammo then there is no problem.

dhgeyer
10-03-2012, 16:23
I have never understood the Glock safety trigger concept. It is designed so that you can't pull the trigger unless you pull the trigger. Makes no sense to me.

OK, you can't pull just one side of the trigger, and this might save someone getting it caught in clothing or something. I wonder if it has ever done any good.

What is the thought process really?

RM686
10-03-2012, 16:52
MNBud YOUR THE MAN. JUST FOLLOWED YOUR INSTRUCTIONS AND MADE MYSELF A $150.00 TRIGGER.

F106 Fan
10-03-2012, 16:53
I have never understood the Glock safety trigger concept. It is designed so that you can't pull the trigger unless you pull the trigger. Makes no sense to me.

OK, you can't pull just one side of the trigger, and this might save someone getting it caught in clothing or something. I wonder if it has ever done any good.

Glock talks about having multiple safeties. But they aren't independent safeties; every one of them is released as the trigger is pulled.

So Glock added a 'master' safety to the trigger to prevent NDs.

Richard

dhgeyer
10-03-2012, 16:57
So Glock added a 'master' safety to the trigger to prevent NDs.

Richard

Right. So you can't deactivate all the dependent safeties by pulling the trigger unless you pull the trigger.

Slackinoff
10-03-2012, 17:20
MNBud and English, Wow. That was easy and it turned out exactly how I wanted it. What a treat.

Thanks.

RM686
10-03-2012, 17:21
Right. So you can't deactivate all the dependent safeties by pulling the trigger unless you pull the trigger.

look at the M&P pistols. You pull the bottom half of the trigger to fire? All these triggers were designed by lawyers.
Most discharges occur when holstering a fire arm with your finger in the trigger guard or by some how placing your finger on the trigger and pressing it.
There was a funny story a couple of months ago about a hunter who was shot by his dog. The guy had his rifle leaning against a tree and the dog knocked it over. The trigger got caught on a branch or twig and BOOM shot his master:faint:.
Wonder if a dog can shoot a Glock?

NCHeel
10-03-2012, 17:46
I do all of my triggers that way. Sometimes I replace the sport trigger with the smooth trigger but I have found if I sand down the ridges on the sport trigger I can get the trigger to where I like it. I also contour the trigger safety.

If you go to the 10:30 mark of this video you can see how I do mine.

G19 Mods.wmv - YouTube

dusty_dragon
10-03-2012, 17:54
how do you determine the exact position the trigger safety lever in the middle of the trigger has to have before starting to sand / cut it down?

how do you pin it in this defined position and then work on the safety lever in the middle of the trigger?

dhgeyer
10-03-2012, 18:04
look at the M&P pistols. You pull the bottom half of the trigger to fire?

I have an M&P, and it isn't the bottom half, it's more like the bottom 2/3 or 3/4, which makes even less sense than the Glock. At least with the Glock you have the fig leaf of logic that the trigger must be pulled in the middle. With the M&P you don't even have that. But, the M&P doesn't hurt your finger after a few hundred rounds.

Oh God, let's not start another M&P vs. Glock thread hijack.

dkf
10-03-2012, 18:06
I always smooth off the sharp mold parting line with some 1000-1500 grit emery paper. Sharp parting lines on both plastic or metal parts are kind of a pet peeve of mine.

faawrenchbndr
10-04-2012, 02:12
I always smooth off the sharp mold parting line with some 1000-1500 grit emery paper. Sharp parting lines on both plastic or metal parts are kind of a pet peeve of mine.

This,..........:cool:

SJ 40
10-04-2012, 02:32
how do you determine the exact position the trigger safety lever in the middle of the trigger has to have before starting to sand / cut it down?

how do you pin it in this defined position and then work on the safety lever in the middle of the trigger?I eye ball it,where the flat of the safety does not match the curve of the trigger. Sometimes it's not so much the shape of the safety as the parting line caused the mould that the safety came out of.
I have seen some that were barely noticeable to the eye to some that in my mind should have never been installed in the first place.
Some I have recently done and haven't stripped the lower.I have used a flat tooth pick behind the trigger safety while it is in place in the lower.
The one that was so poorly moulded I used a Exacto #. 11 blade to carve off the parting line before I shaped it with the sandpaper,it's not that difficult once you have done the first one,good luck. SJ 40

dusty_dragon
10-04-2012, 02:42
thanks a lot, SJ 40

for the tooth-pick-method:
does the trigger has to be in the fired or unfired position, if you don't wanna disassemble the whole thing?

English
10-04-2012, 05:03

The Glock trigger safety is widely misunderstood. It is in fact one of three drop safeties. Without it, if the pistol was dropped on the rear of the slide the acceleration could make the trigger bar heavy enough to release the firing pin and fire the pistol as though the trigger had been pulled. In the same direction of acceleration, the trigger safety is ballanced about its mid point pivot and so is unaffected and continues to block the weight of the trigger bar, thus preventing the pistol from firing.

The trigger safety has no function or design intention to prevent the trigger being pulled back by anything -finger, jacket toggle, shirt and so on - that is pressing against the trigger except in the rare event that something is pressing just against the trigger without pressing on the trigger safety.

English

dhgeyer
10-04-2012, 07:50
The Glock trigger safety is widely misunderstood. It is in fact one of three drop safeties. Without it, if the pistol was dropped on the rear of the slide the acceleration could make the trigger bar heavy enough to release the firing pin and fire the pistol as though the trigger had been pulled. In the same direction of acceleration, the trigger safety is ballanced about its mid point pivot and so is unaffected and continues to block the weight of the trigger bar, thus preventing the pistol from firing.

That's an interesting idea, and it makes mechanical sense. I really wonder, though, how realistic it is. Given how much pressure it takes to pull the trigger (overcoming the striker spring at its most compressed, compressing the striker block plunger against its spring, and the friction of the sear sliding off the striker under tension) and given the fairly small mass of the stamped trigger bar, could the sear actually be released this way even if the gun were to achieve terminal velocity and land squarely on the back of the slide on a concrete surface? Has it ever been tried? Or is it a lawyer mandated design feature to satisfy some import requirement or an imagined legal scenario?

I'm almost tempted to go down and see if I can get the sear to release by pounding the back of the slide on my workbench with the trigger safety taped out of the way and (of course) the gun unloaded. But I'd rather not abuse my gun that way.

Arc Angel
10-04-2012, 08:06

The trigger safety has no function or design intention to prevent the trigger being pulled back by anything -finger, jacket toggle, shirt and so on - that is pressing against the trigger except in the rare event that something is pressing just against the trigger without pressing on the trigger safety.

English

Yup! (Beat me to it!) :supergrin:

MNBud
10-04-2012, 08:17
Wasn't there a video posted a short while back showing that the Glock would discharge every time the guy dropped it squarely on the back end of the slide or the backside of the grip I don't remember which.

SJ 40
10-04-2012, 08:32
thanks a lot, SJ 40

for the tooth-pick-method:
does the trigger has to be in the fired or unfired position, if you don't wanna disassemble the whole thing?Unfired,final sanding is easier in the fired position.

SJ 40

dhgeyer
10-04-2012, 09:38

English

Well, being a curious sort I just had to know. I took my Glock 19 Gen 4 down into the shop, taped the trigger safety to disable it, checked 5 times to make sure it was empty, set the trigger, and whacked the back of the slide with a mallet (rubber face on one side, plastic face on the other). I tried several times. To my surprise, if I hit it hard enough with the plastic face of the mallet I was able to get the trigger to pull and striker to fall. I got it to do it several times.

I consider myself educated. Yes, the Glock trigger safety is needed and is good design. Thank you, English, for correcting me on this.

As a side note, and more relevant to this thread, I would never modify the trigger safety or any other safety on any gun, especially one I keep in the nightstand or carry. Even if I thought the safety was a total waste (which up until a few minutes ago I did), I still would not touch it. I would be too concerned about legal issues in case of an AD or even an intentional self defense shooting. Even if it were just a range gun or competition gun I wouldn't do it. You can have an AD at the range or in competition as well as anywhere else. Even knowing that what is being discussed here will not affect the function of the trigger safety, and I do believe that, I still wouldn't do it. Once you have made any modification to a safety mechanism the deed is done, and you have given some slimy lawyer all he/she needs to crucify you.

JBS
10-04-2012, 10:01
Well, being a curious sort I just had to know. I took my Glock 19 Gen 4 down into the shop, taped the trigger safety to disable it, checked 5 times to make sure it was empty, set the trigger, and whacked the back of the slide with a mallet (rubber face on one side, plastic face on the other). I tried several times. To my surprise, if I hit it hard enough with the plastic face of the mallet I was able to get the trigger to pull and striker to fall. I got it to do it several times.

I consider myself educated. Yes, the Glock trigger safety is needed and is good design. Thank you, English, for correcting me on this.

As a side note, and more relevant to this thread, I would never modify the trigger safety or any other safety on any gun, especially one I keep in the nightstand or carry. Even if I thought the safety was a total waste (which up until a few minutes ago I did), I still would not touch it. I would be too concerned about legal issues in case of an AD or even an intentional self defense shooting. Even if it were just a range gun or competition gun I wouldn't do it. You can have an AD at the range or in competition as well as anywhere else. Even knowing that what is being discussed here will not affect the function of the trigger safety, and I do believe that, I still wouldn't do it. Once you have made any modification to a safety mechanism the deed is done, and you have given some slimy lawyer all he/she needs to crucify you.

Gaston is not so silly after all. Opened your eyes didnít it. I wonder which engineer dropped the prototype and shot a hole in the ceiling. :supergrin:

Roering
10-04-2012, 10:12
I'm in the minority here but I think the firing pin safety is pure genius. I even prefer to have it on a 1911.

SJ 40
10-04-2012, 10:16

As a side note, and more relevant to this thread, I would never modify the trigger safety or any other safety on any gun, especially one I keep in the nightstand or carry. Even if I thought the safety was a total waste (which up until a few minutes ago I did), I still would not touch it. I would be too concerned about legal issues in case of an AD or even an intentional self defense shooting. Even if it were just a range gun or competition gun I wouldn't do it. You can have an AD at the range or in competition as well as anywhere else. Even knowing that what is being discussed here will not affect the function of the trigger safety, and I do believe that, I still wouldn't do it. Once you have made any modification to a safety mechanism the deed is done, and you have given some slimy lawyer all he/she needs to crucify you.If done correctly you are not changing the safety or function of it in any way. It still works as designed all one is doing is cleaning off the moulding flash and sprue,which if the factory cared more than just get the units out the door the trigger safety wouldn't have in the first place. SJ 40

dusty_dragon
10-04-2012, 11:41
thanks for the information, SJ 40

i also think, if done correctly, the sanding is absolutely no issue and the trigger safety is not unsafer at all and functions to 100% like ment to be. you just tune the shape, not the function

dhgeyer
10-04-2012, 12:04
If done correctly you are not changing the safety or function of it in any way. It still works as designed all one is doing is cleaning off the moulding flash and sprue,which if the factory cared more than just get the units out the door the trigger safety wouldn't have in the first place. SJ 40

I already said that I understand and believe that what is being described here will not affect the function of the safety or make it less safe. That wasn't really my point.

SCUMBAG LAWYER: Mr. SJ, did you or did you not modify in any way the trigger safety on your Glock pistol?

SJ: Yes sir, but I only took off enough material to deburr the safety and make it more comfortable to shoot.

SCUMBAG LAWYER: And what makes you so certain that what you did in irresponsibly removing material from the Glock designed and manufactured safety mechanism would not affect its function?

SJ: Well, it's well known and has been thoroughly discussed on the Internet forum I participate in. Other than that, I thought about it and I couldn't see the harm.....

And so on. Unless you're a Glock engineer you're not going to win.

Alcoy
10-04-2012, 12:14
i never thought of it before. i have to check when i get home.

thanks for starting this thread.

JBS
10-04-2012, 12:29
I already said that I understand and believe that what is being described here will not affect the function of the safety or make it less safe. That wasn't really my point.

SCUMBAG LAWYER: Mr. SJ, did you or did you not modify in any way the trigger safety on your Glock pistol?

SJ: Yes sir, but I only took off enough material to deburr the safety and make it more comfortable to shoot.

SCUMBAG LAWYER: And what makes you so certain that what you did in irresponsibly removing material from the Glock designed and manufactured safety mechanism would not affect its function?

SJ: Because I deliberately and with full intent aimed my pistol at the center of your expired clientís chest and fired two rounds in defense of my life......

I know what you are getting at dhgeyer, but could not resist.

SJ 40
10-04-2012, 13:16

SJ: Well, it's well known and has been thoroughly discussed on the Internet forum I participate in. Other than that, I thought about it and I couldn't see the harm.....

And so on. Unless you're a Glock engineer you're not going to win.Wether some one undercuts their trigger guard,stipples their gun has the slide front serrated,installs night sights, shaves the parting line off their trigger is up to them. That is a decision each one has to make,you know that thing called free choice. SJ 40

wingspar
10-04-2012, 13:54

This is exactly what I did with my first G17. Trigger hurt my finger just after a couple of shots. The second G17 I bought used, and it has never bothered me.

In the photo below, you can see a little ramp like place in the trigger. That shows how much I took off. When the trigger is all the way back, the safety is flush with the trigger. Pain went away. I did it with a Dremel, and was very careful about it.

http://www.pbase.com/wingspar/image/141204132/original.jpg

dusty_dragon
10-04-2012, 15:25
nice pic, thanks buddy

dhgeyer
10-04-2012, 16:13
Wether some one undercuts their trigger guard,stipples their gun has the slide front serrated,installs night sights, shaves the parting line off their trigger is up to them. That is a decision each one has to make,you know that thing called free choice. SJ 40

I wouldn't dispute that for one second. I just said it's something I wouldn't do. For the record I don't think it's a good idea. But you are absolutely right: your gun, your choice. Also for the record, I don't think any of the other mods you listed above fall into the same category as a mod to one of the safety devices. Just my opinion. People do post opinions here. Take it for whatever you think it's worth.

SJ 40
10-04-2012, 16:38
I wouldn't dispute that for one second. I just said it's something I wouldn't do. For the record I don't think it's a good idea. But you are absolutely right: your gun, your choice. Also for the record, I don't think any of the other mods you listed above fall into the same category as a mod to one of the safety devices. Just my opinion. People do post opinions here. Take it for whatever you think it's worth.All things that can make a gun more user friendly. SJ 40

glockarmor
10-04-2012, 17:42
For personal use I grind all my serrated triggers smooth and take enough off of the bar in the middle of the trigger that it is flush with the trigger when I pull it. I would imagine that Glock didn't intend for it to protrude when the trigger is depressed but tolerance wise it's safer to err on the "long" side rather than the possibility of the trigger safety being too short and the pistol not firing.

johnson8861
10-05-2012, 05:10
What is this Glock 19 used for? I doubt that it is for competition because it is a Glock 19, so why the really low trigger weight? It can't be for carry because of the lack of concern over the safety. Well I can't say what the hell it might be used for, but whatever it is, i'll bet dollars to donuts there will be a negligent discharge in the future.

Warp
10-05-2012, 09:21
I wouldn't dispute that for one second. I just said it's something I wouldn't do. For the record I don't think it's a good idea. But you are absolutely right: your gun, your choice. Also for the record, I don't think any of the other mods you listed above fall into the same category as a mod to one of the safety devices. Just my opinion. People do post opinions here. Take it for whatever you think it's worth.

I agree on all points.

English
10-07-2012, 03:05

Reasoning is great but experiment is final! Thanks for making the effort.

A further thought on this is that an impact might create, say, a 300G acceleration. That will push the trigger bar backwards with a lot of force. It will also push the firing pin backwards at the same time and so will reduce the friction between the cruciform and te firing pin lug. It is nice to know this all really does work.

English

E the B
01-12-2013, 05:29
MNBud and English, Wow. That was easy and it turned out exactly how I wanted it. What a treat.

Thanks.

Plus One for all the advice and kudos on this thread. My G19 Gen 4 now has a trigger safety that pulls flush to the trigger. I used several long, slow swipes with a round file, then finished it with 400 and 600 grit paper.

The trigger is soooo much more comfortable now, and works just like before.

Thanks to all!

dusty_dragon
01-12-2013, 06:23
congrats E the B

how did you toggle the trigger safety lever at the exact position, so that it didn't always dive inside the triggerblade when touching with the round file / grit paper?

MNBud
01-12-2013, 08:29

This was my point in an earlier post EXCEPT poster did NOT tape the safety back.Take your Glock back to the basement and check ONCE to ensure it is unloaded and do the same experiment WITHOUT the tape and see if it will discharge!! The poster I was referring to was dropping his to the floor which I don't believe is necessary. Let us know how this works out.

Warp
01-12-2013, 08:37
This was my point in an earlier post EXCEPT poster did NOT tape the safety back.Take your Glock back to the basement and check ONCE to ensure it is unloaded and do the same experiment WITHOUT the tape and see if it will discharge!! The poster I was referring to was dropping his to the floor which I don't believe is necessary. Let us know how this works out.

I would check more than ONCE to ensure that it is unloaded.

MNBud
01-12-2013, 08:54
I would check more than ONCE to ensure that it is unloaded.
I have NEVER had a gun re-load itself, When I drop a magazine and pull the slide back and look into the chamber of any of my firearms and they are empty, they seem to stay that way. You may jack a slide five or ten times and if you have a broken extractor, it in theory could leave a round in the chamber, but if you visually inspect the chamber and it is EMPTY it is going to STAY empty. This gun will be unloaded.

Warp
01-12-2013, 09:12
I have NEVER had a gun re-load itself, When I drop a magazine and pull the slide back and look into the chamber of any of my firearms and they are empty, they seem to stay that way. You may jack a slide five or ten times and if you have a broken extractor, it in theory could leave a round in the chamber, but if you visually inspect the chamber and it is EMPTY it is going to STAY empty. This gun will be unloaded.

Checking more than once is about us being human and having the ability to make mistakes.

Checking a gun multiple times, and both visually as well as physically, is common practice and is highly recommended...ESPECIALLY when you are about to engage in an activity specifically designed to see if the gun will fire.

I just find some rather peculiar about emphasizing the suggestion to check "ONCE".

dhgeyer
01-12-2013, 11:02

You go ahead. I don't feel like pounding on my gun anymore.

TruthNotRelative
04-04-2013, 01:59
I understand that not everyone feels comfortable disassembling their Glock lowers, but the trigger safety mod is much easier accomplished with the trigger/triggerbar removed from the pistol.
This allows one to depress the safety from the opposite end, while working on the "offending" end of the safety, imho.
You can "intermittently" check your work this way by depressing the safety from the opposite end without your booger finger in the way. Again, mho. This is how I did mine anyhoo.
I did find, from past experience (this happened once), that by removing too much material at the "pivot point", that this can cause the safety to protrude out of the trigger to the front (spring forward). I might stay away from working that point too much when sanding/filing (or at least exercise some caution). Don't know if that makes sense.
I do have an old "serrated" trigger that I modded this way where the safety "sprang forward" by filing to much in the above mentioned area, I can add pics of this "boo boo" at request.
In any case, I like this mod. After all, after market triggers (many of them) correct this "oversight".
As far as "lawyers" are concerned, mod away, as long as you do not change (in any way) the intended operation of any safety on any pistol. Again, mho. Thanks.

dusty_dragon
04-04-2013, 04:16
please post some pics of the trigger you filed/sanded off to much

Pred8tory
04-04-2013, 04:26
Just buy another brand gun.

TruthNotRelative
04-04-2013, 10:32
please post some pics of the trigger you filed/sanded off to much

I pulled the trigger out of my gun parts box and snapped some pics, and I realized that it was a serrated trigger that I modified into a "non-serrated trigger" as well, which may have contributed to the safety "springing forward". In any case, pic below.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/TruthN0tRelative/GlockTriggerPopp.jpg

Bill Lumberg
04-04-2013, 10:49
You've taken a weapon that ran was great to begin with and molested it big time. If it still doesn't "feel good" to you, sanding isn't going to help.

TruthNotRelative
04-04-2013, 11:08
You've taken a weapon that ran was great to begin with and molested it big time. If it still doesn't "feel good" to you, sanding isn't going to help.

I guess my advice to you would then be, don't "molest" your weapon then. My Glock pistol belongs to me, if I see fit to make minor modifications to suit me, why the heck would that bother you? You're not going to be shooting it.

BTW, if I drop in an after-market trigger that has this same "mod", am I "molesting" my weapon?

Personally, I think your comment is short-sighted. I don't see how shaving a trigger safety down (as it should be from the factory) to increase personal comfort equals "molesting it big time". Frankly that's just dumb.

Scrappy
04-04-2013, 11:14
I guess my advice to you would then be, don't "molest" your weapon then. My Glock pistol belongs to me, if I see fit to make minor modifications to suit me, why the heck would that bother you? You're not going to be shooting it.

BTW, if I drop in an after-market trigger that has this same "mod", am I "molesting" my weapon?

Personally, I think your comment is short-sighted. I don't see how shaving a trigger safety down (as it should be from the factory) to increase personal comfort equals "molesting it big time". Frankly that's just dumb.

I agree, He needs to check on his TPS reports or something.
Why Glock has the safety stick up through the trigger even when pressed is a fail in my book. I cannot not shoot with it sticking me in the finger. Shooting 40 cal after 100 rds starts to become very very bother some.
So all my Glocks get smooth face trigger with the safety sanded flush with the trigger as should of been from factory!
Now has anyone seen my Red stapler?

TruthNotRelative
04-04-2013, 11:14
I fail to understand the attitude that some seem to have that "if you have to mod anything about anything you purchase, you shouldn't purchase it to begin with". Might as well tell me that if I don't like the rims on the truck I bought (after purchasing new ones), then I shouldn't have bought the truck. Keep your guns stock if you want (they're yours), but I don't see the need to talk sheet to people who don't always keep things stock.

Scrappy
04-04-2013, 11:17
I fail to understand the attitude that some seem to have that "if you have to mod anything about anything you purchase, you shouldn't purchase it to begin with". Might as well tell me that if I don't like the rims on the truck I bought (after purchasing new ones), then I shouldn't have bought the truck. Keep your guns stock if you want (they're yours), but I don't see the need to talk sheet to people who don't always keep things stock.

I agree once again, lol.
Stock to me is a Greek word for starting point! I don't leave anything I get stock!! Guns, cars, motorcycles, bicycles, etc etc.....

dusty_dragon
04-04-2013, 12:45
thanks for the pics

judgecrater
04-04-2013, 20:08
I too smoothed mine some but did not remove much material.

ShallNotBeInfringed
04-04-2013, 20:21
Thanks so much! I have had a gen 2 Glock 20 for twenty years, and I never noticed the sharp ridge on my trigger. Now I do, so thanks again for now making me not like my trigger after all these years of not noticing.

trigger19isbest
04-04-2013, 21:12
I'll, scrape, sand, dremel, what ever it takes to reduce the offending trigger safety, first thing in the morning. I would do it now, but I'm too sleepy to get started on it. Thanks to the pro-mod posters, especially TruthNotRelevant.

I want to speak my mind concerning the nay sayers, but everyone has a right to their opinion. Some folks are so comfortable in their fear, that they want to enslave us free folk, in that same fear.

Catshooter
04-04-2013, 21:51
I too much prefer a smooth trigger, even to the point of sanding down the safety.

If you're doing it do a grooved trigger to remove the grooves, just don't go too far. If you remove too much material from the trigger just at the top of where the safety disappears into the face of the trigger the safety will be able to move too far forward.

Cat

TruthNotRelative
04-04-2013, 23:29
I'll, scrape, sand, dremel, what ever it takes to reduce the offending trigger safety, first thing in the morning. I would do it now, but I'm too sleepy to get started on it. Thanks to the pro-mod posters, especially TruthNotRelevant.

I want to speak my mind concerning the nay sayers, but everyone has a right to their opinion. Some folks are so comfortable in their fear, that they want to enslave us free folk, in that same fear.

Thanks. But uhhh, I'm TruthN0tRELATIVE... I actually believe that truth is very "RELEVANT" (as opposed to relaTIVE). :winkie:

TruthNotRelative
04-04-2013, 23:31
I too much prefer a smooth trigger, even to the point of sanding down the safety.

If you're doing it do a grooved trigger to remove the grooves, just don't go too far. If you remove too much material from the trigger just at the top of where the safety disappears into the face of the trigger the safety will be able to move too far forward.

Cat

Thanks, yes, you are correct.. Hence the pic that I posted. That's exactly what happened when I performed this on an old serrated trigger.

Ryobi
04-05-2013, 05:00
I agree. You've taken a weapon that ran was great to begin with and molested it big time. If it still doesn't "feel good" to you, sanding isn't going to help.

TruthNotRelative
04-06-2013, 00:48
I agree.

Well then.. I'll tell you the same thing that I told Bill, don't do this to your trigger then. Problem solved.

I might also ask you a question that I asked Bill..

If I purchase and drop in an aftermarket trigger that has this same "mod" (flush safety), am I still "molesting" my Glock?

TruthNotRelative
04-06-2013, 00:50
Btw Bill and Ryobi, "sanding" (recontouring) it DOES help, a lot.. contrary to your assertion. Thanks for the input though.

Ryobi
04-06-2013, 13:12
Nope. Not for me. But if you feel it helps you, thanks for sharing! Sharing is important.