King for a day of the US - what would you do [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : King for a day of the US - what would you do

SC Tiger
10-03-2012, 07:46
Here's a thought question - suppose you somehow become "king for a day" of the United States. Any decisions you make will stick. What would you do? This is outside of "fire Obama", "Fire everybody" or stuff like that.

Here is my first one - I would cut just about every department's budget by 15% at least, and force them to make it work. I would guarantee that every budget in the US has at least that much fluff. Some would get cut more (NPR would be cut off, for instance).

Chuche2
10-03-2012, 07:52
Rescind a slew of executive orders.

dbcooper
10-03-2012, 07:55
Rewrite the 2nd ammend. spelling out the individual right to own and carry in all 50 states and define the arms as any weapon short of shoulder launched missles and explosives.

Leave the UN and throw them off US soil.

dango
10-03-2012, 07:56
I would jail all politicians from the county all the way to the top
I would then spend money on teaching people how to achieve self-sufficientcy.
I would then stop the lies bring all our troops back and have them remember the oath they swore to America and not some lieing ass politicians and protect our borders.

Oil is about to run out ,find another way !

hamster
10-03-2012, 07:57
#1. Make myself Supreme Dictator for life.
#2. Hookers n' blow on Air force one! :) Oh wait, Clinton beat me to the punch on that one.

-----

Seriously, the best I've ever read Was in Harry Browne's book "Why Government doesn't work"

On that first day in office, by executive order I would:

Pardon everyone who had been convicted on a federal, non-violent drug charge, order their immediate release, reunite them with their families, and restore all their civil rights. (Anyone convicted of using violence against someone else in a drug case would not qualify as “non-violent.”)
Pardon everyone who had been convicted on any federal gun-control charge, tax-evasion charge, or any other victimless crime, order their immediate release, and restore all their civil rights.
I would empty the prisons of those who haven’t harmed anyone else and make room for the violent criminals who are currently getting out on plea bargains and early release.

Following the issuance of the pardons:

I would announce a policy to penalize, dismiss, or even prosecute any federal employee who violated the Bill of Rights by treating you as guilty until proven innocent, by searching or seizing your property without due process of law, by treating you as a servant, or in any other way violating your rights as a sovereign American citizen.
I would immediately order that no federal asset forfeiture could occur unless the property’s owner had been convicted by full due process. And I would initiate steps to make restitution to anyone whose property had been impounded, frozen, or seized by the federal government without a legal conviction. (Over 80 percent of such seizures occur when no one has even been charged with a crime.)
As commander in chief of the Armed Forces, I would immediately remove all American troops from foreign soil. Europe and Asia can pay for their own defense, and they can risk their own lives in their eternal squabbles. This would save billions of dollars a year in taxes, but — more important — it would make sure your sons and daughters never fight or die in someone else’s war.
I would order everyone in the executive branch to stop harassing smokers, tobacco companies, successful computer companies, gun owners, gun manufacturers, alternative medicine suppliers, religious groups (whether respected or labeled as “cults”), investment companies, health-care providers, businessmen, or anyone else who’s conducting his affairs peaceably.
I would end federal affirmative action, federal quotas, set-asides, preferential treatments, and other discriminatory practices of the federal government. Any previous president could have done this with a stroke of the pen. Do you wonder why none of them did?
And then I would break for lunch.

-Harry Browne
HarryBrowne.org

ChuteTheMall
10-03-2012, 08:02
Turn off 16 million Obamaphones,
cancel $80 billion in food stamps,
amend the Constitution to limit voting to taxpaying citizens with real photo IDs,
cancel all government agreements with unions,
stop the rise of the oceans,
teach unicorns to poop skittles,
abolish the Department of Education,
adopt the metric system,
abolish the minimum wage,
build the world's most secure border from the Pacific Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico,
play some golf, and
paint the White House and the Treasury Buildings red.

mgs
10-03-2012, 08:05
Turn off 16 million Obamaphones,
cancel $80 billion in food stamps,
amend the Constitution to limit voting to taxpaying citizens with real photo IDs,
cancel all government agreements with unions,
stop the rise of the oceans,
teach unicorns to poop skittles,
abolish the Department of Education,
adopt the metric system,
abolish the minimum wage,
build the world's most secure border from the Pacific Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico,
play some golf, and
paint the White House and the Treasury Buildings red.

Now here's a great leader!

GLWyandotte
10-03-2012, 08:06
If everything above this post is accomplished....I'd have a Coke.

Steel Head
10-03-2012, 08:07
#1. Make myself Supreme Dictator for life.
#2. Hookers n' blow on Air force one! :) Oh wait, Clinton beat me to the punch on that one.

-----

Seriously, the best I've ever read Was in Harry Browne's book "Why Government doesn't work"

You covered all the bases well:wavey:
In between hookers and interns I would look to ramp up the middle class and rethink our foreign policies with many countries.

I would be a decent dictator till I got old and paranoid then I would double down on hookers,interns,blow and repressive measures:wavey:

Brucev
10-03-2012, 08:09
Here's a thought question - suppose you somehow become "king for a day" of the United States. Any decisions you make will stick. What would you do? This is outside of "fire Obama", "Fire everybody" or stuff like that.

Here is my first one - I would cut just about every department's budget by 15% at least, and force them to make it work. I would guarantee that every budget in the US has at least that much fluff. Some would get cut more (NPR would be cut off, for instance).

First... eliminate corporate personhood as a trojan horse for partisan political speech. Then... institute a progressive tax structure that parallels that which was put in place by Reagan. Then... put in place such tariffs as would disadvantage foreign companies to the point that they would have no competitive advantage over domestic producers. Next... cut the actual budget (not budget increase) of the dod by 20% and social programs by 10%. Then... bring all U.S. soldiers and equipment home from all foreign bases, stripping those bases of all equipment/fittings, fixtures, etc., bringing it all home. Then... draw down all armed forces only to those men who can actually do combat ... women... send them home. Then... build a real fence on the southern border and station servicemen on it with orders to stop illegal aliens infiltrating into the U.S. Finally, institute national health care reform... specifically either extend what the congress has to all U.S. citizens, or extend what veterans have to all U.S. citizens, or... institute a single-payer plan ala Medicare for all U.S. citizens including veterans, govt. workers, rail road retirees, veterans, etc.

KommieforniaGlocker
10-03-2012, 08:11
Expel UN, deport all illegals, no exceptions. Cease all public assistance program. Bring back all service members safe to their families but leave parting gifts such as atomic and hydrogen bombs detonate take out Karachi, Tehran, that's just for starters. Send drones into Mexico and take out all compromised and cartel run towns and government agencies. Then expel California from the united states, then re-annex it. Executing immediately Jerry Brown, Gavin Newsome, Sen, Kevin DeLeon. Shut down all schools in Los Angeles until the folks can deem themselves worthy of a public education. Send in troops and burn Down ever Mexican flag, in the United States.

Flag burning And desecration of flag is automatic citizenship renouncement and automatic deportation at Tijuana border. Also all child molesters and convicted and proven guilty by DNA, subject to Euthanasia immediately after leaving court room.

Validated gang members, are legal to hunt down and shoot outside city limits with pre-approved permit by the USDA. Inmates in prison are automatically donors And subject to have organs or body parts remove for productive members of society they will work building freeways are they will not receive food or water.

Can't think of anything else right now will update

HexHead
10-03-2012, 08:29
Have all Democrats rounded up and shipped off to reeducation camps. (that solves 90% of the problems)
Convert all public pensions to 401k plans.
Repeal all amendments to the Constitution.
Seal the borders, and expel all illegal aliens.
Abolish all federal agencies
Mandatory sterilization of women after a 2nd abortion.
Term limits for all members of Congress (total of 12 years per member, not position) and mandatory retirement age for Supreme Court justices.
Mandatory military service, no exceptions other than totally disabled, at 18.

fnfalman
10-03-2012, 08:31
I'd have hookers and blow in the Oval Room.

sheriff733
10-03-2012, 08:40
Go golfing just like the current king.

G35DriverG19Carrier
10-03-2012, 08:43
If everything above this post is accomplished....I'd have a Coke.

Boondock Saints. You my friend are epic.

TalkToTheGlock
10-03-2012, 08:56
Put Obama to death for treason.

Off with his head.

Bruce M
10-03-2012, 09:36
Well I guess I will add my name to the "hookers and blow" column...

ray9898
10-03-2012, 10:06
Knock of the extremists from both political parties. If we get rid of them and their pet issues the rest of us can get around to fixing the important things.

SGT278ACR
10-03-2012, 11:15
Permit the unrestricted use of stem cells for use in medical procedures, especially spinal cord injuries... then I would issue a proclamation that would outlaw islam in the US. :cool:

JBnTX
10-03-2012, 11:20
You don't want to know, because you wouldn't like it.

fnfalman
10-03-2012, 11:25
Well I guess I will add my name to the "hookers and blow" column...

If you're going to be a king, then live like a king.

G-19
10-03-2012, 11:34
First... eliminate corporate personhood as a trojan horse for partisan political speech. Then... institute a progressive tax structure that parallels that which was put in place by Reagan. Then... put in place such tariffs as would disadvantage foreign companies to the point that they would have no competitive advantage over domestic producers. Next... cut the actual budget (not budget increase) of the dod by 20% and social programs by 10%. Then... bring all U.S. soldiers and equipment home from all foreign bases, stripping those bases of all equipment/fittings, fixtures, etc., bringing it all home. Then... draw down all armed forces only to those men who can actually do combat ... women... send them home. Then... build a real fence on the southern border and station servicemen on it with orders to stop illegal aliens infiltrating into the U.S. Finally, institute national health care reform... specifically either extend what the congress has to all U.S. citizens, or extend what veterans have to all U.S. citizens, or... institute a single-payer plan ala Medicare for all U.S. citizens including veterans, govt. workers, rail road retirees, veterans, etc.

You got my vote.

fnfalman
10-03-2012, 11:38
You got my vote.

Foolish knave! A King neither requires your vote and support, nor your approval.

Now, fetch me the virgin wenches from yon village.

.264 magnum
10-03-2012, 11:39
I'd add an amendment to The Constitution forbidding anyone on specific governmental assistance - WIC, welfare, AFDC, SSDI, etc. and those deriving checks from tax dollars directly from voting - teachers, all federal agencies etc.

I'd exempt - retirees using SS, military and maybe fire and police.

VinnieD
10-03-2012, 12:25
Start by rescinding all executive orders in the last 4 years.
Put Holder on trial for High Treason.
Eliminate executive privilege.
Repeal the patriot act.
Eliminate "first past the post" voting system in favor of allowing citizens to vote for more than one candidate in order of preference. This allows voting for 3rd parties without "throwing your vote away."
Declare all private campaign contributions to be a form of bribery and subject to criminal prosecution. Lobbying, may only done through representation of a block of voters, no money may change hands in the process.
Candidates will run with a finite amount of allotted TV time, debates, public speaking, and the assistance of volunteers. Other than the number of people willing to volunteer to work for a campaign, the candidates will each have only the same amount of resources to their campaigns.
All personal records including criminal backgrounds, psychological history, education records, and tax records become immediately public when a candidate runs for president. Refusal to cooperate will mean removal from the ballot.
Fire Obama
Make illegal all attempts to alter any part of the bill of rights.
All attempts to violate the bill of rights through legislation or judiciary action become subject to immediate arrest.
Term limits for EVERYONE!
Supreme Court Justice appointments become limited terms.
Eliminate all "Czars" and other appointed positions.
Eliminate running mates. The Vice President will be the first runner up in the presidential election, so long as more than 2 candidates are running.
Eliminate DHS, TSA, EPA (Some environmental laws will still exist but be enforced by existing law enforcement.) DOE, and ATF. Qualifying agents may be reassigned to FBI, CIA, Military, or Law enforcement.
Eliminate school districting. Schools will be required to attract students based upon merits. Parents may send children to school of their choice regardless of location.
Eliminate all laws requiring racial, gender, or otherwise not merit based preference in hiring.
Legalize the local production and sale of Marijuana and hemp products. Importation will remain illegal for 10 years, followed by 10 years of extremely high tariffs on importation. Its use in public will be treated the same as simultaneously smoking and drinking in public, thus users will still be subject to charges for public intoxication, Driving while intoxicated and so on.
Release all people serving time for nonviolent drug charges, restoration of their rights, and expunging arrests and convictions from their record.
Violent felonies can not be plead down to nonviolent charges.
Violent criminals are subject to significantly longer charges. Repeat violent offenders are subject to the death penalty.
Death penalty viable for child molestation.
Automatic death penalty for the intentional premeditated killing of a police officer.
Amendment to protect absolutely the right to self defense.
Most nonviolent crimes will be punishable primarily through public service and/or heavy fines, rather than time in prison.
Nonviolent felons who serve their time have voting and firearms rights restored.
Violent felons may apply for reinstatement of rights.
When applying for reinstatement of rights, circumstances of the conviction and likelihood to reoffend will be considered.
Violent felons must be reviewed for likelihood to reoffend before release. Therefore restoration of rights are typically granted IF the felon is eligible for release. If you can't trust them with a gun, don't release them.
Misdemeanor offenses are a private matter and can not be accessed by a 3rd party such as potential employers.
Institute universal right to carry open or concealed.
No state, county, parish, city, or territory may make laws restricting right to carry.
Leave U.N.
Demolish U.N. building.
Withdraw troops from all locations except a skeleton crew for maintenance purposes in allied countries. Bases serve only as a location for quick deploy if an ally should request protection from hostile forces.
Withdraw entirely from middle east.
End all foreign aid to all countries.
Military power will be concentrated on American soil.
Renew production of nuclear weapons.
Make entirely clear to the entire world that any designs on America or its allies will be met with maximum possible force.
Outlaw attachment of unrelated riders to bills. Each bill passed must be based on its own merits.
Create option for each citizen to swap social security for a private option.
Work for welfare program intended to make a stable job more desirable than welfare.
Welfare payments replaced with bill vouchers. Not working means NO MONEY. You will be permitted to EXIST and that's it.
All public universities must justify their tuition and other expenses charged to the student, and can not simply raise their tuition to better take advantage of financial aid.
Stop the presses, stop printing and inflating money until a stable point is reached.
Outlaw fractional reserve banking.
Eliminate the fed, liquefy and seize fed assets.
Eliminate federal income tax, replace with sales tax only.
Eliminate capital gains tax.
No dollar earned is taxed twice.
Money is only taxed when spent.
All budgets begin at Zero regardless of past history. Budgets must be justified item by item every year. Budgets can not exceed 100% of total income.
Slash congressional and executive salaries.
Slash president's discretionary spending.
No politician is immune from prosecution while in office, including for illegal legislation.
All individuals living primarily on government assistance can not vote due to conflict of interest.
Legalize Moonshine
End the issuing of all marriage licenses and get the government out of the business of marriage entirely.

eracer
10-03-2012, 12:29
Declare myself Aztec royalty, and amass a harem of 4,000 concubines.

jtmac
10-03-2012, 13:11
- All current employer-attached insurance is replaced with individual plans, and the dollars spent on it are funneled into salary. Insurance is already a group buy, and this nonsense is killing the market. Watch insurance and health care costs go down.

- First past the post voting is OUT. There are a few other options, but most of them are better than what we have now. Candidates will be rise from local to national level by a ladder election and there will be between minimal and zero campaign funds--and if there is any it will be public (let the media do its job). Watch real candidates have a shot at being elected.

- Corporate personhood is replaced with a limited set of legal concessions to the necessity of corporations to operate as an entity.

- Taxes will only be taken from INDIVIDUAL PERSONS. No more hiding the tax burden by taxing corporations or other nonsense. The entire federal budget will be divided by the number of adults of working age, then that will be converted into a very modestly progressive taxation system. Those in poverty will have to pay a nominal amount so they have skin in the game. The tax burden of the wealthy won't be unduly increased to be "more fair", only enough to prevent tax burden from crushing those on bottom. All taxes will be collected by the states, divided only between income tax and sales tax (divided however is necessary to keep commerce and the economy moving). Watch federal spending come down.

Plus a large number of things already suggested.

RCP
10-03-2012, 13:20
2 chicks at the same time

NeverMore1701
10-03-2012, 14:40
I think it's already been covered by various posters.

mrmedina
10-03-2012, 15:13
This.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImLiQOaknMs&feature=related

DanaT
10-03-2012, 15:14
Pass a law that I got to be king, with unlimited powers, until the day i die and then my relatives get the power when I die. Just to safegaurd myself, I would pass another law that said that if my family and i were killed, that nuclear missiles would be be launched at every major US city within 5 minutes of our death.

glock_19guy1983
10-03-2012, 15:18
Two chicks at the same time. I figure if I was king I could make that happen.

http://youtu.be/A939QRRSNV4

smokin762
10-03-2012, 15:32
I wouldn’t want to be a King. Not even for a day. I prefer a Republic. I just wish it was still one. :crying:

Jason D
10-03-2012, 16:08
There would be a lot less scumbags breathing.

Resqu2
10-03-2012, 16:26
Rewrite the 2nd ammend. spelling out the individual right to own and carry in all 50 states and define the arms as any weapon short of shoulder launched missles and explosives.

So what do you have against missiles and explosives? :dunno:

dbcooper
10-03-2012, 17:20
So what do you have against missiles and explosives? :dunno:

Those are reserved for the King :cool:

Haldor
10-03-2012, 17:48
Shut down the DEA and end the war on drugs.

Change the ATF into the ATM (Alcohol, Tobacco and Drugs). Their new mission is collecting taxes on all the newly legal drugs.

Strictly redefine the commerce clause and review all federal legislation that is dependent on previous interpretations.

Repeal the NFA act of 1934, Gun control act of 1968 and the Hughes amendment to FOPA. Reverse all presidential findings that restrict the importation of firearms and ammunition.

Eliminate Federal income tax. Replace with import duties on all imported goods and a national sales tax.

Make deficit spending except in time of war, illegal. Zero base budget, all departments start with $0, congress allocates funding to meet priorities, when the money runs out, budget is frozen.

Institute strict term limits for all federal offices (elected or appointed).

Jay9928
10-03-2012, 17:52
King OKIE!!

Someone had to say it :cool:

Angry Fist
10-03-2012, 17:56
Nuke all foreign enemies, Annex Canada.

glock_19guy1983
10-03-2012, 18:50
I would get rid of the TSA. All of its employees would not be allowed to apply for government benefits or jobs until they spent a night with this guy. Supervisors would have to spend a week, and administration personnel would get a month.:supergrin::supergrin:

http://youtu.be/CmHDoH0s3AA

The Machinist
10-03-2012, 19:02
Fire every Congress critter.
Fire 90% of all federal employees.
Abolish the income tax.
Abolish Social Security.
Abolish Medicare
Abolish Medicaid.
Abolish every federal gun law.
Withdraw from the UN.
Declare bankruptcy and tell the Federal Reserve to pound sand.

I could go on, but suffice it to say, I'd castrate the federal government with a machete. I'd bring it down to its very foundation, exactly as outlined in the Constitution.

Gareth68
10-03-2012, 19:04
I'm going with the consensus.

Hookers and blow.

Keoking
10-03-2012, 19:10
I'd meet with the most important religious leaders and heads of state, make my case, and ask them to join me in my unrelenting and uncompromising War on Islam. And I'm not talking sanctions, *****.

rayetter
10-03-2012, 19:39
Disband the atf, build a border wall topped with concertina wire and. 50 caliber rifle placements every half mile, get rid of food stamps, deport illegals, repeal the gun control act and make it mandatory that every household own and be proficient with an m4. Fire all of the czars, protect israel, erase iran. And all of this political correctness crap has to go, quit whining. Reality tv goes away, whisker wars? Really? Refine our own oil, effectively dropping fuel prices. No more welfare, unless over 55 and have already done your share. If a person hates America and doesnt have respect for our men and women who have fought and died for our country, then they will be deposited on the other side of the aforementioned fence. Sink or swim, work and pay your own way. No bail out, no food stamps, no entitlements. And take the data mining and big brother programs out of existence.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

ChuteTheMall
10-03-2012, 20:01
I'd impose frivilous infractions upon every Internet moderator.
:okie:

Angry Fist
10-04-2012, 00:32
I'd make Chute the Secretary of Psyche Warfare.

eracer
10-04-2012, 04:55
I would get rid of the TSA. All of its employees would not be allowed to apply for government benefits or jobs until they spent a night with this guy. Supervisors would have to spend a week, and administration personnel would get a month.:supergrin::supergrin:

http://youtu.be/CmHDoH0s3AAThat was from The Onion, right?

eracer
10-04-2012, 04:56
Disband the atf, build a border wall topped with concertina wire and. 50 caliber rifle placements every half mile, get rid of food stamps, deport illegals, repeal the gun control act and make it mandatory that every household own and be proficient with an m4. Fire all of the czars, protect israel, erase iran. And all of this political correctness crap has to go, quit whining. Reality tv goes away, whisker wars? Really? Refine our own oil, effectively dropping fuel prices. No more welfare, unless over 55 and have already done your share. If a person hates America and doesnt have respect for our men and women who have fought and died for our country, then they will be deposited on the other side of the aforementioned fence. Sink or swim, work and pay your own way. No bail out, no food stamps, no entitlements. And take the data mining and big brother programs out of existence.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engineWay to live in the moment, brother!