should i trade??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : should i trade???

harleyman959798
10-03-2012, 09:46
ok people need some advice, ive been tossing the idea around of trading off my stainless colt delta elite. the only reason im considering it is that the delta sits and to me its to nice to shoot much. i have someone willing to trade me a stock gen 3 glock 19 and also a 4th gen glock 34 with nite sites. now im pretty familiar with the 19 but never even held a 34. i hear they are very accurate just i think they look weird due to the longer barrel. so anyone think this is a smart trade??? the values of the 2 glocks are about what the colt is. just want some input.

elijah58
10-03-2012, 10:55
ok people need some advice, ive been tossing the idea around of trading off my stainless colt delta elite. the only reason im considering it is that the delta sits and to me its to nice to shoot much. i have someone willing to trade me a stock gen 3 glock 19 and also a 4th gen glock 34 with nite sites. now im pretty familiar with the 19 but never even held a 34. i hear they are very accurate just i think they look weird due to the longer barrel. so anyone think this is a smart trade??? the values of the 2 glocks are about what the colt is. just want some input.

No Brainer----- do it!

Skipper49
10-03-2012, 11:03
You have a very nice Colt, and you may regret it later(duh), but I think I'd do that trade.
Skip

harleyman959798
10-03-2012, 11:03
No Brainer----- do it!

ok 1 for yes :)

Solscud007
10-03-2012, 11:05
I would say yes. Do it. I subscribe to using my guns rather than shelf queening them. I get rid of guns i dont use. Especially when I have two that do the same thing. I dont get to shoot pistol much and before I got my NY pistol license I was shooting my KRISS Vector once a month at a local pistol match. I also had a Keltec Sub2000 in 40sw. I could either shoot the 45 KRISS or the 40 S2K. I rather shoot the KRISS. So i got rid of the Sub2k.

harleyman959798
10-03-2012, 11:05
You have a very nice Colt, and you may regret it later(duh), but I think I'd do that trade.
Skip

yeah i waited a lonnng time for the delta but hate that it sits, just tossing around the idea.

harleyman959798
10-03-2012, 11:07
i know what 19"s are goin for price wise but anyone chime in on how much a gen 4 34 is valued at? said to have less than 150 rounds thru it, has nite sites not sure wich kind

jones n
10-03-2012, 13:06
I would trade it in a heart beat.

fordemti
10-03-2012, 16:01
Absolutely not. Glocks are everywhere. That Colt isn't.

Mochahooligan
10-03-2012, 16:10

This !

Tallahassee
10-03-2012, 18:27

Absolutely. You can get either of those gocks any time, and you already said you think the 34 looks goofy.

I say buy a G19 and keep your Delta Elite. If you really hate the Colt you can always sell it later.

Socks tear
10-03-2012, 18:34
i know what 19"s are goin for price wise but anyone chime in on how much a gen 4 34 is valued at? said to have less than 150 rounds thru it, has nite sites not sure wich kind

that Gen 4 34 would be just under $600 new here in Ga. It is a great shooting pistol. For a 1911 platform, the Colt is not a frontrunner IMHO, there are much better pistols for the money. STI Trojan is my current desire object

Bruce M
10-03-2012, 19:02
I would take the Colt and the G21 to the range and shoot them side by side. Then if I found I liked or shot the G21 better I would think it would be an easier decision.

TRX450R_Racer
10-03-2012, 19:35
I would take the Colt and the G21 to the range and shoot them side by side. Then if I found I liked or shot the G21 better I would think it would be an easier decision.

Did you read the original post?

RJHUB
10-03-2012, 20:59
No. Only trade Colt for 2 Colts.
And shoot the Colt.

AKRover
10-03-2012, 22:32
I wouldn't trade my Delta Elite for any Glock, or even two Glocks. Only thing I would consider trading my Delta for is another 10mm 1911 with better chamber support. (I have no use for 9mm so the two Glocks mentioned really wouldn't interest me, but that is just me.). For all its faults, I love my Delta Elite. I carry it all the time.

IMO, the person getting your Delta would by far be getting the better end of the deal.

If you hate that the Delta just sits, change that. It's well within your power to do so

harleyman959798
10-03-2012, 22:47
I wouldn't trade my Delta Elite for any Glock, or even two Glocks. Only thing I would consider trading my Delta for is another 10mm 1911 with better chamber support. (I have no use for 9mm so the two Glocks mentioned really wouldn't interest me, but that is just me.). For all its faults, I love my Delta Elite. I carry it all the time.

IMO, the person getting your Delta would by far be getting the better end of the deal.

If you hate that the Delta just sits, change that. It's well within your power to do so

yeah im leaning more to keeping the delta. i waited nearly 20 years for one and its probably my favorite gun, just dont shoot it much. i have a kimber stainless target 2 in 10mm and also a glock 20 sf in 10mm so they see the bulk of the 10mm shooting. even though the kimber is way more accurate than the colt, im still die hard colt fan. i really appreciate all the input and bringing me back to reality!!

Bruce M
10-03-2012, 23:01
Did you read the original post?
Yes I did. Why?

TxGlock9
10-03-2012, 23:08
You can always get a glock. The Colt is more timeless, for lack of better words. I would at least try to handle and shoot the 34 for a little while before you make the wiser decision.

ChicagoZman
10-03-2012, 23:15
Seems to me that all three guns would be happier if they were traded as they would all get shot more than they are now.

ETNSHOOTER
10-04-2012, 00:57
For God's sake man, don't do it !!!!! Keep the Colt. I like glocks alot but I wouldn't trade a DE for 3 of them. I say this because years ago I bought a Colt Anaconda 44 mag off a guy for $400 and to be honest, I never did like that gun. After a few years I sold it for $650. Now they stopped making them a long time ago and there worth twice that. I wish all the time I would have kept it. Keep the colts man, there money in the bank.

SmithietheFox
10-04-2012, 12:51
As much of a Glock guy as I am...keep the Colt. Delta Elites aren't cheap and are somewhat hard to come by (if vintage- 1980s) as compatpred to Glocks. Don't get wrapped up in the 2 for 1 impulse trade as I think in the next few years you'd run across another nice Delta Elite and say what we've all said from time to time..."I wish I still had mine..."

Fire_Medic
10-04-2012, 14:06
I would NOT do that trade. If you want a block save for it and buy it. That Delta will keep going up in value, a Glock is a Glock, and it always will be.

I love my glocks, but I would not trade a Delta Elite for (2) 9MM pistols worth about $900 between the two of them on a good day.

Also you have no clue if these are problematic 9MM's, so you could be trading for a **** sammich!

Just my $0.02

zgar
10-04-2012, 14:17
Absolutely not!!!! The Delta Elite is an Awesome gun! Glocks are everywhere , Elite is not, you can buy a G19 for $500 or less. Man you will regret it !!! Do yourself a huge favor and keep the Colt Delta Elite and go shoot it!!!!! Oh Yeah one more thing You will regret it!!!!!
Did I mention you will regret it? Cause you wil !!!!

alwaysshootin
10-04-2012, 14:40
Absolutely not!!!! The Delta Elite is an Awesome gun! Glocks are everywhere , Elite is not, you can buy a G19 for $500 or less. Man you will regret it !!! Do yourself a huge favor and keep the Colt Delta Elite and go shoot it!!!!! Oh Yeah one more thing You will regret it!!!!!
Did I mention you will regret it? Cause you wil !!!!

This, and by all means shoot the damn thing! You don't have to run nuclear rounds through it, always. Take care of it and you will have a firearm that will do nothing but go up in value!

harleyman959798
10-04-2012, 22:59
As much of a Glock guy as I am...keep the Colt. Delta Elites aren't cheap and are somewhat hard to come by (if vintage- 1980s) as compatpred to Glocks. Don't get wrapped up in the 2 for 1 impulse trade as I think in the next few years you'd run across another nice Delta Elite and say what we've all said from time to time..."I wish I still had mine..."

yeah this one was built in early 1990 as verified by colt. got it from a guy who bought it new and shot it less than 50 rounds. been safe queen since. its still in factory box with factory papers. yeah i think the 2 for 1 had me goin but now im back to reality. ill keep it and set my sights to buy a colt gold cup national match. thanks for all the input and the reality check!!

ETNSHOOTER
10-05-2012, 00:49
yeah this one was built in early 1990 as verified by colt. got it from a guy who bought it new and shot it less than 50 rounds. been safe queen since. its still in factory box with factory papers. yeah i think the 2 for 1 had me goin but now im back to reality. ill keep it and set my sights to buy a colt gold cup national match. thanks for all the input and the reality check!!
Glad to hear that !!!! Smart move:cool:

ilgunguygt
10-05-2012, 00:58
I gotta say no. A pristine Delta Elite will continue to rise in value, those glocks wont.

jbglock
10-05-2012, 06:42
I love my Colts. Wouldn't hesitate to make that deal though. It's not like the Delta is some incredibly rare gun that can't be replaced and I'd rather have guns that I feel like carrying and shooting over safe queens.

AKRover
10-05-2012, 11:02
I had an employee in a gun shop tell me I should just put my Delta Elite in the safe and never fire it because the 10mm is too hard on the frame. I laughed at him and left.

Clutch Cargo
10-06-2012, 06:53
If it;s not some over the top antique investment gun, GO SHOOT IT!!!!! After all, guns are made to shoot. Enjoy yourself:wavey:

D.S.Brown
10-06-2012, 07:56
I personally don't understand the "mystique" of owning guns, but not shooting them, but that's me. I get there are people that like to treat their guns like Barbie dolls, I'm just not one of them. Safequeens are more useless to me than a dedicated paper weight. At least a paper weight holding down paper is doing something useful.

If it were me, I would do the trade, particularly if it was the ONLY 10mm I owned, and I wasn't shooting it much if at all.

HOWEVER, you own multiple 10mm's, and appear to enjoy the caliber. If I were you I would keep the Delta, and SHOOT IT!

A LOT!

If you don't already invest in a reloading press, and crank out 10mm rounds, and keep all those 10mm guns of yours well fed.

Best,

Dave

harleyman959798
10-06-2012, 14:13
I personally don't understand the "mystique" of owning guns, but not shooting them, but that's me. I get there are people that like to treat their guns like Barbie dolls, I'm just not one of them. Safequeens are more useless to me than a dedicated paper weight. At least a paper weight holding down paper is doing something useful.

If it were me, I would do the trade, particularly if it was the ONLY 10mm I owned, and I wasn't shooting it much if at all.

HOWEVER, you own multiple 10mm's, and appear to enjoy the caliber. If I were you I would keep the Delta, and SHOOT IT!

A LOT!

If you don't already invest in a reloading press, and crank out 10mm rounds, and keep all those 10mm guns of yours well fed.

Best,

Dave

i would shoot everyday but i live in a subdivision and dont own or know anyone with any land, so my only shooting choice is the indoor shooting range about 50 miles away. also being on call for work 24/7 doesnt help.

D.S.Brown
10-06-2012, 19:49
I guess those things would be prohibitive to shooting a lot. Still if you aren't reloading for 10mm, seriously consider doing so, since you seem to like the caliber so much. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Best,

Dave

pm666
10-07-2012, 11:23
Don't do it.

fallenangelhim
10-07-2012, 11:27
If you like holding guns and the idea of guns. Keep the Delta. If you like shooting guns and think they are not art but tools, trade it.

Sent from my Android