http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/archives/2010/05/make_israel_a_s/

Sounds good to me.

countrygun
10-03-2012, 12:32
Heck, let's give them California

Vic777
10-03-2012, 12:40
http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/archives/2010/05/make_israel_a_s/

Sounds good to me.Sure, we need all those Dumocrat Electoral College votes.

GAFinch
10-03-2012, 13:13
Oh boy. IBTL (in before the libertarians)

G-19
10-03-2012, 16:27
It would never happen, but an interesting idea none the less.

JBnTX
10-03-2012, 16:59
Yes, make Israel a state!

Then build the biggest, most powerful US military base the world has ever seen, complete with a seaport, tactical nukes, tanks, fighter jets and everything.

Let the Muslims know that there's a new sheriff in town.

ModGlock17
10-03-2012, 17:00
As soon as CA falls into the Pacific, which I think already happened, we'd need a decoy state where our enemy can attack there instead of the mainland.

JBnTX
10-03-2012, 17:07
As soon as CA falls into the Pacific, which I think already happened, we'd need a decoy state where our enemy can attack there instead of the mainland.

What's that got to do with Israel?
New Jersey or New York would be better qualified for that.

Chronos
10-03-2012, 17:18

Then build the biggest, most powerful US military base the world has ever seen, complete with a seaport, tactical nukes, tanks, fighter jets and everything.

No, U.

Kentak
10-03-2012, 18:22
Just what we need. Another state with 5.5 million liberal jews and 1.2 million muslims. Another set of liberal, Democrat big government congress critters.

ICARRY2
10-03-2012, 18:28
Maybe a U.S. territory, but not a state.

Indianashooter
10-03-2012, 18:50
Very interesting, but it would never happen.

The Maggy
10-03-2012, 21:27
Nothing to lose? It's not like they are a sovereign nation or anything...

color me shocked that the evangelicals are frothing at the mouth over the thought of getting their hands on the holy land and claiming it all for themselves.

Louisville Glocker
10-03-2012, 21:29
Really ridiculous article. Israel would never want to be a state!!!!

RyanBDawg
10-03-2012, 21:39

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/530/redneck-randall.jpg

Brucev
10-03-2012, 22:00
Why would the U.S. have any use for israel? They don't have anything worth taking... no oil, no metals, no timber, no nothing. They have nothing to offer. We don't need their air bases, etc. as ours float... and move around, etc.

RyanBDawg
10-03-2012, 22:05
Why would the U.S. have any use for israel? They don't have anything worth taking... no oil, no metals, no timber, no nothing. They have nothing to offer. We don't need their air bases, etc. as ours float... and move around, etc.

Because you have a lot of religious wack-jobs in this country that think if you get all the jews back in israel then jesus will come back riding on a cloud.

GAFinch
10-03-2012, 22:22

They've actually recently discovered a large natural gas deposit offshore.

countrygun
10-03-2012, 22:30

Thank you for doing an excellent job of disproving the liberal claims that the US only gets involved for oil or to benefit capitalist greedy companies.

Bravo Sir!

Foxtrotx1
10-03-2012, 22:38
Yeah because the Jews went through the Holocaust and the loss of 6 million people so they could join the US instead of getting their homeland.

Typical arrogance, thinking everyone want's to be one of US.

Blast
10-04-2012, 00:08
Because you have a lot of religious wack-jobs in this country that think if you get all the jews back in israel then jesus will come back riding on a cloud.
Why do atheist wack-jobs have to display their disturbed psychological issues about Christians in a political forum.:upeyes:

RyanBDawg
10-04-2012, 00:29
Why do atheist wack-jobs have to display their disturbed psychological issues about Christians in a political forum.:upeyes:

Because we all know what I said was true.

I have had people say this to my face my friend. Their entire support of Israel is based on their religion rather than reason.

It's also what the bible states about the prerequisites for the return of Jesus.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

countrygun
10-04-2012, 00:34
Because we all know what I said was true.

I have had people say this to my face my friend. Their entire support of Israel is based on their religion rather than reason.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

You need a bigger circle of friends then.

I'm an atheist and I support Israel.

You need to get out more.

RyanBDawg
10-04-2012, 00:36
You need a bigger circle of friends then.

I'm an atheist and I support Israel.

You need to get out more.

Never said I didn't support Israel. Israel is an independent state that has bravely fought several times against large Arab armies, and won!

It's their right as a nation to ensure their survival..

Not ours.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

countrygun
10-04-2012, 00:45
Never said I didn't support Israel. Israel is an independent state that has bravely fought several times against large Arab armies, and won!

It's their right as a nation to ensure their survival..

Not ours.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

And your generalizations are doo-doo. I know Christians that don't like Israel because the
Jews don't accept Christ as savior"

Your broad brush and the conclusions you try to draw with it are full of holes.

RyanBDawg
10-04-2012, 00:47
And your generalizations are doo-doo. I know Christians that don't like Israel because the
Jews don't accept Christ as savior"

Your broad brush and the conclusions you try to draw with it are full of holes.

So you are saying that there is no support for Israel in the US because of religious implications?

Sent from my iPhone 4s

pugman
10-04-2012, 09:07
Why do people want to make Israel a state - to give us a reason to invade the area.

Since Israel is an independent country any aggression by say Iran might get a U.S response.

Make Israel a U.S state and Iran or anyone else nukes it, invades, fires rockets into it or whatever it then becomes a declarable (i.e. war) event.

G-19
10-04-2012, 16:06
Maybe a U.S. territory, but not a state.

This ^^^^^^.

countrygun
10-04-2012, 16:23
So you are saying that there is no support for Israel in the US because of religious implications?

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Just refuting your absurd claim,

"Because we all know what I said was true.

I have had people say this to my face my friend. Their entire support of Israel is based on their religion rather than reason."

that religion is the reason behind the majority of support for Israel.

I have no doubt there is some, but just the fact that you, yourself, have not acknowledged anyone who has other reasons and cite the people you know as examples of the whole, proves you sample pool is way too small.

Brucev
10-04-2012, 19:09
Thank you for doing an excellent job of disproving the liberal claims that the US only gets involved for oil or to benefit capitalist greedy companies.

Bravo Sir!

So... the U.S. spends billions pulling israeli bacon out of the arab frying pan for no reason other than duty, honor, etc., etc., etc.? Or... the U.S. spends billions pulling israeli bacon out of the arab frying pan because more Jews live in NYC than in the land of israel... and those Jews in NYC and elsewhere exercise political influence to get the fed. govt. to prop up the israeli govt.?

countrygun
10-04-2012, 19:15
So... the U.S. spends billions pulling israeli bacon out of the arab frying pan for no reason other than duty, honor, etc., etc., etc.? Or... the U.S. spends billions pulling israeli bacon out of the arab frying pan because more Jews live in NYC than in the land of israel... and those Jews in NYC and elsewhere exercise political influence to get the fed. govt. to prop up the israeli govt.?

Israeli bacon? really? That's the best metaphor you got.

"Those Jews"

Nice.

:upeyes:

GAFinch
10-04-2012, 19:29

You do realize that the majority of "aid" actually goes towards them buying military equipment from U.S. defense contractors who employ Americans with pretty good wages and benefits? You do realize that they reciprocate with behind-the-scenes intel collected on other nations?