G-20 Final tweeks..... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G-20 Final tweeks.....

GotFour
10-03-2012, 13:56
I have been running a 20# Wolff spring and guide rod with my mag-na-ported 6" KKM. I would ocassionally get a ftf at the end of a magazine shooting my reloads of 200 grn XTP's at 1,290 fps. I thought that a stronger mag spring might resolve this issue but that turned out not to be the case (no, I don't limp wrist). So I got to thinking that the ported barrel's marginal recoil dampening effect didn't match well with the 20# spring, so I bumped it down to a 19# Wolff. And while I was at it I went ahead and buffed out the feed ramp, chamber face and chamber using a dremel buffing wheel with auto polishing compound (the small dremel buffing donuts are a perfect match to the 10mm chamber). Without much time and effort I managed to put a mirror finish on the feed ramp and chamber face. Long story short.... she now runs 100% :supergrin:
I've read where some G-20 users were having ftf issues as well and thought that my experience with this problem may be of some benefit. I'm not sure which step was the solution, perhaps a combination of all of the above.

abcomputin
10-04-2012, 11:38
Put the 20# back in and see if the problem comes back. If it doesn't, then the polishing was all that you needed.

GotFour
10-04-2012, 13:37
Yes, I should do that if only for curiosity's sake. But honestly its running so good my focus has shifted to reloading, shooting and the up coming deer opener. The polish no doubt aided to some degree in either case.

nickE10mm
10-04-2012, 15:03
....shifted to reloading, shooting and the up coming deer opener. .

:cool: