I seem. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I seem.

kirgi08
10-04-2012, 01:30
Ta recall myself posting that Mitt needs ta attack.I reckon he listened.Pundits said he should be respectful,his record deserves none as was duly noted in the dialogue.

Anyone else notice that the ones fans have changed their posts ta critics about "energy" type posts?

That is kinda hilarious considering that Solyndra went bust after a Obama "stimulus".He shut down the Canadian pipeline and is focused on failed "energy" interests.Solar will work,just not on a national level.Nor will wind and his plan ta phase out coal is insane.Coal is abundant and here,oil is also,yet we are not allowed ta drill.

Obama just showed his skill set,he got schooled.'08.

JFrame
10-04-2012, 04:45
Romney's jab about Obama picking only losers was excellent...! :thumbsup:

gwalchmai
10-04-2012, 06:57
Points I'd like to have seen raised:

- Does it make sense to pay SS benefits to a millionaire bank VP? Seriously, I understand that people paid in and should get their investment back, but the reality is that SS is broke and unsustainable. Why not be realistic about that and put in means tests?

- Every time Obama mentioned all the things he was going to do to make things better I would ask why he hadn't done these things in the four years he's been in the White House. If his response was that the evil Republicans had held him back I'd ask why we should expect that to change if he's reelected.

- "Why has the debt doubled on your watch, Mr. Obama?" I'd hammer him on that and not let him blame Bush. I think he'd meltdown if pressed hard on it. Maybe next time.

- If the function of the federal government is to protect the country, why are we letting prohibited persons buy guns and take them to Mexico? The sooner we get F&F and Holder out in front the sooner we can trigger another meltdown. Undecided voters need to see the arrogant, imperial Obama, and I think this is a good way to bring him out.

JFrame
10-04-2012, 08:11
Points I'd like to have seen raised:

- Does it make sense to pay SS benefits to a millionaire bank VP? Seriously, I understand that people paid in and should get their investment back, but the reality is that SS is broke and unsustainable. Why not be realistic about that and put in means tests?

- Every time Obama mentioned all the things he was going to do to make things better I would ask why he hadn't done these things in the four years he's been in the White House. If his response was that the evil Republicans had held him back I'd ask why we should expect that to change if he's reelected.

- "Why has the debt doubled on your watch, Mr. Obama?" I'd hammer him on that and not let him blame Bush. I think he'd meltdown if pressed hard on it. Maybe next time.

- If the function of the federal government is to protect the country, why are we letting prohibited persons buy guns and take them to Mexico? The sooner we get F&F and Holder out in front the sooner we can trigger another meltdown. Undecided voters need to see the arrogant, imperial Obama, and I think this is a good way to bring him out.

I guess we always want our candidate to have done a little better.

Having said that...

For your bullet #2, I thought Romney pointed back to Obama's last 4 years at least a couple of times, and strategically. The problem with hammering on a point could be that it starts sounding like a mantra or a catch phrase, like Obama's "grandmother."

For Bullet #3, I thought Mitt brought up the debt compellingly in saying that it has gone up by a trillion dollars for each year Obama has been president, and will keep going up by a trillion per year if he continues on. I thought that made the case pretty well, and in a way that could be easily grasped by even the least attentive viewer.

For Bullet #4 -- I hate to say it, but F&F has been lost in the shuffle for the majority of Americans. To bring it up as an issue would entail consuming crucial debate time in first educating the public, and then going into the issues. And it IS a complicated narrative for those who aren't up to speed. It may come up in a foreign policy/national security context later, but I don't think it fit into the domestic economic policy venue.

ModGlock17
10-04-2012, 08:21
I guess we always want our candidate to have done a little better.

For Bullet #4 -- I hate to say it, but F&F has been lost in the shuffle for the majority of Americans. To bring it up as an issue would entail consuming crucial debate time in first educating the public, and then going into the issues. And it IS a complicated narrative for those who aren't up to speed. It may come up in a foreign policy/national security context later, but I don't think it fit into the domestic economic policy venue.

With limited time, F&F would have been distracting, doesn't mean it is not important.

Pick a handful of nails, then hammer them hard since you had only so much time.

JFrame
10-04-2012, 08:42
With limited time, F&F would have been distracting, doesn't mean it is not important.

Pick a handful of nails, then hammer them hard since you had only so much time.

Just in case I wasn't clear on that point, I totally agree with your statement, including the bolded portion.