Its November 7th….you are Romney…and you have won. Now what? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Its November 7th….you are Romney…and you have won. Now what?

pugman
10-04-2012, 07:25
Hard Core Republicans in my office are buzzing…"Romney smoked Obama" blah blah blah. For the record: I will not vote for Obama, I will vote for Romney simply because its not Obama and he is a step in the right direction. He is not the answer this country needs right now; while a third party candidate will make me feel all warm and fuzzy because I voted my conscious this same conscious doesn’t pay my bills. I’m one of those 53% who pay taxes.

So then I asked all these hard liners: “Imagine Romney wins….then what?” You could hear the crickets. They have been so focused on hating O; while some are “sure” Romney will win they haven’t given any thought to the next four years.

I know Romney’s campaign has to clearly focus on November’s election first but extrapolate past the election – What does Romney need to do specifically within his first year in office.

His debate was decent; he bulldozed Obama…but in the grand scheme of things I think his overall performance was slightly above average.

It no surprise the economy needs attention now. Out of control spending, a falling dollar, a real estate market which has never recovered, unemployment over 8% for 40+ months, 47% of the country who pays no federal taxes, rising gas prices, 1 in 7 Americans receiving food stamps, etc.

ObamaCare: A program no one wants except the Federal Government and those who will benefit from it. Insurance providers, Physicians and Taxpayers in general don’t want it.

Foreign Policy: China, the Middle East, the War on Terror….

Immigration Control?

Energy policy…oil/gas prices?

What should his immediate focus be? You are on his advisor staff – what’s your plan?

Sam Spade
10-04-2012, 09:19
Revoke a series if obama's executive orders. Make a strong statement of support for Israel and a clear speech with expectations and policies in the ME. Appoint a special prosecutor to deal with Holder's legacy. Put your judge/justice selection committee into high gear. Go have lunch. Resume with the cleanup in the pm

Goaltender66
10-04-2012, 09:20
A theoretical agenda has to depend on what the Congress is going to look like. We don't know that yet. Will Romney have to deal with a Senate still led by Harry Reid?

Without knowing that it's hard to give a response.

nursetim
10-04-2012, 10:15
I would go count the chicken before they hatch. Remember that the women of America get all creamy when they think of barry. And he's so cute too. Then there are the students pushing voter registration everywhere in Las Vegas. I can't go out without being asked 3-4 times if I am registered to vote. I tell them yes, to which the reply, do you support barry? I tell them certainly not, I love my country. They do not like my answer.

wjv
10-04-2012, 10:26
My top 5

1 - Cut Spending
2 - Cut Spending
3 - Cut Spending
4 - Cut Spending
5 - Cut Spending

Rabid Rabbit
10-04-2012, 10:50
Blanket elimination of every executive order made in the last 4 years.

F350
10-04-2012, 10:53
1} Ask John Bolton to be Sec of State
2} Start repealing Obummer's executive orders
3} Find someone to replace Cass Sunstein as regulatory czar; except he will be the anti-regulatory czar and be charged with undoing all Sustien's regulations.
4} Get rid of every firerable administrator at the EPA, Army Corps of Engineers and Interior Dept.

That's just off the top of my head

Oh yea one more, get together with the new Republican Senate Majority Leader and Speaker of the House John Boehner and start working on repeal of Obummercare.

Vic777
10-04-2012, 10:56
Freeze Government hiring. Try to get all State Governments and local town councils etc. to also freeze Government hiring. Big Government and it's fraud and waste are what's killing freedom.

JBnTX
10-04-2012, 11:37
1. Cut government spending.
a. Cut foreign aid
b. no more bailouts

2. Cut the size and power of government.
a. eliminate several government agencies
b. give more power to the states

3. Do a complete accounting of every penny of taxpayer money.
stop the waste and automatically recover Billions of dollars.

4. Bomb Iran.

5. Bomb Pakistan

6. Bomb North Korea

GAFinch
10-04-2012, 11:40
Go out on every business-oriented TV show for a couple months and restore business/consumer/investor confidence so he can possibly avoid a double-dip recession heading into office.

pugman
10-04-2012, 11:45
A theoretical agenda has to depend on what the Congress is going to look like. We don't know that yet. Will Romney have to deal with a Senate still led by Harry Reid?

Without knowing that it's hard to give a response.

Ballpark it.

If Romney is serious about wanting to win….he needs to be serious about his plan as president. He should have at least a few consultants somewhere looking at “what if” scenarios of who he will potentially be dealing with.

He not only needs to hit the ground running but in high gear. I personally think he should take a page out of Scott Walker’s playbook here in Wisconsin.

Walker won his election, passed CCW, balanced a state budget, eliminated a huge black cloud deficit, took on a greedy public employees union and brought positive job growth back to this state. He didn’t get the job numbers he wanted (it was very optimistic)…but it was a move in the right (aka positive) direction. Then the union decided to start a recall…and what happened.

Not only did Walker win a second time – but he won by a larger margin

Romney needs to hit the gas immediately; IMO this is the 2nd most important election in my lifetime (I think the next one is #1). Romney wins, a plan with immediate and far reaching results to improve this country on as many fronts as possible is enacted immediately – which is where I think O failed. He tried to create a legacy in his first, not second, term. How many times did we hear “things are worse than I originally thought?” Romney better have people already in play telling him – this is what we are really dealing with not what we thought. Obama wins...and well look at Greece, Ireland, Spain, Italy or Portgual.

If Romney’s first term is a repeat of O or W – we could easily get another Obama or worse next time around. However, he rights the ship, bails out a few trillion gallons of water on board the U.S.S Uncle Sam, and I think he will easily win a second term. He wins a second term and continues reducing the debt, creating jobs, and doing whatever he/you/me thinks needs to be done – we could finally get a president we deserve.

Just because he shouldn’t be counting his chickens before they hatch (which I agree with) doesn’t mean he shouldn’t already be talking to Col. Sanders.

BuckeyePPC
10-04-2012, 13:54
It's a trick question !! Win election but can't do much until he takes office in Jan.

10-04-2012, 14:03
Fire bernanke.
Get rid of a bunch of executive orders.
Get rid of as many of Obama's czars and appointees as possible

ModGlock17
10-04-2012, 14:22
Day 1: Go find all the "R" buttons on the keyboards. They'd be all missing.....

His first Executive Order will be signed : Pesident omney.

IndyGunFreak
10-04-2012, 14:30
1. Repeal Obamacare
2. Let the middle east know we mean business.
3. Cut spending

nraman
10-04-2012, 15:12
Immediately announce that he will permit oil drilling everywhere there is oil. Kill the Canadian pipeline, we don't need their oil. According to a Harvard study, we can be selling oil by the year 2020 if the Feds allow it. The economy will start improving the same day as companies start preparations and start drilling. Exactly what happened in Brazil.
Oil prices will drop, further helping the economy.
End all wars, bring all the troops back home, let all our "friends" worry about their own defense. South Korea for example with a higher population than the North and an economy tens of times better, should be able to do it on their own. Same for Japan, Germany etc.
Completely cut off all foreign aid. Till we recover, their existence should be their problem. It is stupid to borrow from the Chinese to give the money away. If India needs money for birth control, they can build a couple of nukes less and use the money for birth control instead of expecting and even demanding that the idiots, us, cough up the money.
Completely disengage from Mideast issues, they have been a tremendous drain in blood and money. Enough worrying about others, let's try to stop the US from collapsing.

The Maggy
10-04-2012, 15:16
1.)Cut spending by around 43%. Social Security, Medicare, Medicade, DoD, the war on drugs, HUD... everything is on the block. If you aren't going to touch the big stuff then you are just blowing smoke.

2.)Secure the southern border and actually deal with the war on terror. Bombing other countries under the guise of the war on terror as thin veil for a religious war will solve nothing when terrorist have free access to our back yard. Bombing Iran, Pakistan, or who ever will only provoke; make it so you have to sail and invasion force to our shores if you want to accomplish anything.

3.)For the next four to eight years, don't worry about the domestic disputes of the world. Arab spring, Israel/Palestine... sorry but we are broke. Offer diplomatic support, only because talk is cheap; but if a country or a group of people want to make change in the world... the heavy lifting needs to be left to them.

Socially matters, number 1 takes care of it. Less government means more freedom goes back to the states and more importantly, the individual.

nraman
10-04-2012, 15:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_2QH9RhEVs

concretefuzzynuts
10-04-2012, 15:43
If it is Nov 7th my answer is wait until Jan 20th to be sworn in and hope Obama doesn't try to do too much damage in the mean time.

Trew2Life
10-04-2012, 16:03
1) Repeal ObamaCare
2) Cut all spending on 'entitlement programs' by 75%
3) Make Ann stop saying, 'Mitt, it was just a dream. Come back to bed.'

Acujeff
10-04-2012, 16:16
In addition, getting rid of Holder and appointing a new Attorney General. He will release all the Fast and Furious records to the House, ensure it is successfully investigated and prosecuted. Romney will stop the abuses of the ATF, and dismantle Obama's anti-gun actions in the UN and gun registration on the Southern border.

winglock
10-04-2012, 16:18
If it is Nov 7th my answer is wait until Jan 20th to be sworn in and hope Obama doesn't try to do too much damage in the mean time.

correct answer.

jdavionic
10-04-2012, 17:39
Immediately head to the bunker to avoid the oncoming attack...
http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/obamas-post-debate.jpg

lancesorbenson
10-05-2012, 13:28
a. Cut foreign aid
b. no more bailouts

4. Bomb Iran.

5. Bomb Pakistan

6. Bomb North Korea

You sounded sane until 4, 5, and 6. Cut spending but start 3 wars and send the oil markets into total disarray. Great plan!

nraman
10-05-2012, 13:56
you sounded sane until 4, 5, and 6. Cut spending but start 3 wars and send the oil markets into total disarray. Great plan!

^^^this^^^

cowboywannabe
10-05-2012, 14:03
dont be too quick to give the election to Romney, what with all the deceased, illegal alien, and convited felon votes not yet counted....

OctoberRust
10-05-2012, 14:54
a. Cut foreign aid
b. no more bailouts

4. Bomb Iran.

5. Bomb Pakistan

6. Bomb North Korea

You sounded sane until 4, 5, and 6. Cut spending but start 3 wars and send the oil markets into total disarray. Great plan!

Yea, it's JB though, right when I saw the name I knew he was going to say something that was contradicting and had no logic.

Clutch Cargo
10-05-2012, 15:26
Talk with Israel about what is/might be left if Iran

See what his options are/if any, in regards to any executive order and Obamacare

Make damn sure all our disabled vets are taken care of, without the need for insurance

pugman
10-06-2012, 07:48
It's a trick question !! Win election but can't do much until he takes office in Jan.

correct answer.

Fine...same question...its January 20th.

The perfect plan to failure is a failure to plan.

After 8 years of one of the most destructive presidencies in history and the worst since maybe the 30's Obama somehow found a way to make it worse by throwing gas on the fire. To me, O and W combined are the 1-2 punch which has Uncle Sam on the ropes.

Again, Romney is not the answer to this country's problems, and voting a third party candidate would probably be my avenue of choice if I knew it was going to be a landslide one way or another. Amongst Obama's many failures was promise after promise, which people bought into, and look what we have now.

Romney doesn't need a list of promises - he needs a list of actions he is going to take and see through.

Cavalry Doc
10-06-2012, 08:01
Bottom line is that any plan but Barry's plan will be better. If you think a business guy doesn't have at least a rough draft of a plan, you're deluded.

Most likely, you start earnestly putting your team together and work out the details while closely watching what Barry does in his lame duck mode. In the 2+ months between the election and inauguration, the team will likely come up with more than you could put together in a post on this forum with an hour of thought put into it.

nraman
10-06-2012, 08:14

Not true.
The other day he made a comment about coal and right away coal stocks went up.
On November 7th he can roll out policies that will start things rolling for better or worse.

G29Reload
10-06-2012, 10:56
“Imagine Romney wins….then what?” [/b]

1. Deploy national guard to stop riots.
2. Party like its 1999.
3. Void all of bongo's executive orders.
4. Defund Obamacare.
5. Send condolences to DNC over Chris Matthew's suicide.
6. Cue Sarah Palin to start drilling in the Refuge.
7. Nuke Iran.

G29Reload
10-06-2012, 11:16
Seriously, the day after the election, a meeting with the RNC and the party leaders from the Hill to review what ELSE happened?

Presume the House was held.

Game planning for the Senate. Easier if we've won it back from Reid.

Review all Presidential orders from the past year.

First Transition meeting.

Calls to world leaders. Britain, Israel, Germany, France. Russia. Tell Putin Bongo didn't know so much after all, and to expect some changes.

Start shopping for
1. New EPA head.
2. The best you can possibly think of to be your new A.G.
3. Supreme Court candidates. Talk with Orrin Hatch presuming R's won senate and therefore committee control.

Order of operations for dismantling Obamacare.

Have everything lined up and ready to sign. Have the tables ready with them lined up for signatures just inside the Capitol on Ig day.

janice6
10-06-2012, 11:17
Revoke a series if obama's executive orders. Make a strong statement of support for Israel and a clear speech with expectations and policies in the ME. Appoint a special prosecutor to deal with Holder's legacy. Put your judge/justice selection committee into high gear. Go have lunch. Resume with the cleanup in the pm

This sounds like a good agenda.

Hef
10-06-2012, 11:29
We need a Reagan Revolution in 2012.

gwalchmai
10-06-2012, 12:13
I'd call and schedule exterminators and fumigators, same as W did. Probably not the same bugs as Bill had, but you know she's raising gagh in there.