Auto G 19 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Auto G 19

jim7777b
10-04-2012, 09:31
Unintended consequences--Just bought a new Gen 3-19--made the same "improvements" I have made to the other 15 Glocks I have owned (Only 4 now). Different than before was that I put a 17 smooth trigger W/bar in it and a Titanium Firing Pin Safety. I used the old spring in the safety instead of the new one. Also 3-1/2 connector and polished all surfaces of the connector group that touch. The other 14 guns those connector/polishing steps were all I did. Just went to local range to put a quick 100 thru it and bang-bang--it double taps for me--whether I want it to or not. Any ideas what did I do wrong here?:wow:

Glockdude1
10-04-2012, 09:32
Take the pistol to a gunsmith an have it checked out.

:cool:

Ocean_glocker
10-04-2012, 09:37
how are the grouping of your double taps?

voyager4520
10-04-2012, 09:37
Check to make sure the gun is unloaded, then detail strip it and leave it that way until you can get new parts.

One possible cause is that there isn't enough engagement between the trigger bar sear tab and the firing pin lug. You need an Armorer's Orange Half Slide Cover Plate to check that engagement, here's a diagram showing that:
Edit, the old link I had is broken, you can look in the Armorer's Manual on page 65:
http://stevespages.com/pdf/glock_2009_armorers_manual.pdf

Another is that you didn't completely insert the firing pin safety spring into the firing pin safety and it has come out of the safety. It needs to be inserted into the safety as far as you can compress it in, if it's not seated fully it may come out of the safety and turn sideways in the slide, keeping the safety protruding just enough to jar the trigger bar down and release the firing pin lug.

MikeG36
10-04-2012, 09:42
^This^ Voyager (as usual) is spot on. :agree:

JBP55
10-04-2012, 09:45
Check to make sure the gun is unloaded, then detail strip it and leave it that way until you can get new parts.

One possible cause is that there isn't enough engagement between the trigger bar sear tab and the firing pin lug. You need an Armorer's Orange Half Slide Cover Plate to check that engagement, here's a diagram showing that:
Edit, the old link I had is broken, you can look in the Armorer's Manual on page 65:
http://stevespages.com/pdf/glock_2009_armorers_manual.pdf

Another is that you didn't completely insert the firing pin safety spring into the firing pin safety and it has come out of the safety. It needs to be inserted into the safety as far as you can compress it in, if it's not seated fully it may come out of the safety and turn sideways in the slide, keeping the safety protruding just enough to jar the trigger bar down and release the firing pin lug.

This.

jim7777b
10-04-2012, 12:44
The firing pin safety spring is in the proper place and the trigger bar sear tab engagement is 100%.

kashdaddy
10-04-2012, 13:12
Two things:
1) the tension on the connector needs adjustment.........see the ghost rocket instructions on their website, even though its not a ghost rocket. You can use a sheet of paper to check the tension.
2) sears and striker contact is not correct.

ALWAYS make one modification at a time and test fully for safety!

jim7777b
10-04-2012, 14:44
Swapped trigger assembly with 17--both seem to have lighter pull now---the connector is a ghost BTW. Back to range tomorrow. Back from range---now own a G17/18---ordered a new Lone Wolf coated connector and will keep the "Ghost" in case times get bad and have to go full auto at times.---