Getting from London to Rugby, UK? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Getting from London to Rugby, UK?

devildog2067
10-04-2012, 13:18
Anyone know the best way? Rent a car maybe? I've always wanted an excuse to rent a right-hand-drive car, but if it's substantially slower than taking the train I won't bother.

MadMonkey
10-04-2012, 13:31
Train. It'll take an hour/hour and a half... that's going to be significantly faster (and less annoying) than taking a car.

treeline
10-04-2012, 14:13
It depends where you start from. If you're in central London, it's a nightmare getting out of the city and onto the motorway, especially anywhere between about 4pm to 7pm. Edit: I can't stress enough how *&^%$" awful London is during rush hour.

If you start from Heathrow it's much easier driving as you're on the right side of the city and don't have to travel in to the city just to get the train out again.

X-ray 4N6
10-04-2012, 14:21
You can get a train from Euston to Rugby, takes around an hour and a half as MadMonkey says.

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/EUS/RUG/today/2130/dep#num2

So, what's happening in Rugby and when are you travelling?

devildog2067
10-04-2012, 14:47
I think I'll be flying into LHR. Like I said, I've always wanted to drive a car on the wrong side of the road, I think I'll rent. Should be fun.

It's a conference for work. Be there next week, not exactly clear what days yet.