On Getting Fired by National Review [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : On Getting Fired by National Review

maxsnafu
10-04-2012, 13:36
http://takimag.com/article/anniversary_of_a_defenestration_john_derbyshire/print#axzz28GdseSLs

The embedded links are well worth a reading.

DonGlock26
10-04-2012, 13:48
Speaking truth to power will get you abused even in the 21st century.

GAFinch
10-04-2012, 14:15
Hatefacts

smokin762
10-04-2012, 14:33
Over the years, I have learned that people are not interested in the truth. They just want to hear what makes them feel good.

countrygun
10-04-2012, 14:44
Unfortunately the truth as presented by the writer is not in any way "racist" as it will be branded. The cause of the statistics are not due to race at all. Those statistics are the result of the policies of liberal/progressives to keep a voting bloc. It is actually the racism of the left that turns Blacks into pawns that created the conditiions responsible for the statistics. And for mentioning that the left will want the truth silenced and will, predictably, hide behind and once again use the spectre of "racism" to smokescreen the truth,

maxsnafu
10-05-2012, 10:15
http://www.johnderbyshire.com/April2012/page.html

"NR had no problem with a contributor who violated fundamental tenets of conservatism, but they do have a problem with a contributor who violates fundamental tenets of liberalism."

beforeobamabans
10-06-2012, 01:57
This pretty well sums it up:

"This speaks volumes about the left’s total dominance in our culture and the pathetic*pussification*of the official right."

series1811
10-06-2012, 04:52
The article makes a lot of very valid, but uncomfortable, points. When is the last time you saw a black person charged with a hate crime against a white person? Probably never.

And, we see examples every day, that they the media and government tell us we are not seeing.

In the city I live in now, we recently had two whites males charged with intentionally running over a black man because he was black and killing him. It set the Justice Department and the liberals on fire.

In the same city, one of my best friend's nieces, got kidnapped, raped, sodomized and brutalized (if I wrote what they did to her, you wouldn't believe it) by two black males, who confessed they were just driving around looking for a white girl to rape. Afterwords, she escaped by jumping out of their car at 35 miles per hour, getting quite injured on top of the severe injuries she already had at that point, and then hobbling toward a service station, at which time, the two black males turned around, and shot her as she went through the door of the store (she lost a kidney but survived). The only thing that kept them from following her into the store and finishing her off, was the store owner returning fire.

This was not a hate crime. See the difference?