Interesting fact re: media manipulation [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting fact re: media manipulation

Mrs. VR
10-04-2012, 16:50
My son learned today in Spanish class that Univision dubbed Obama last night with a typical Central American accent and Romney with a snooty Spanish accent. :eyebrow:

PBCounty
10-04-2012, 17:04
I know it's old news but my favorite was the 9/11 concert they held shortly after the event where Hillary was nearly booed off the stage by firefighters / police in attendance. When they reaired it at a later date - the boos were replaced with overwhelming cheers.

Peace Warrior
10-04-2012, 17:07
My son learned today in Spanish class that Univision dubbed Obama last night with a typical Central American accent and Romney with a snooty Spanish accent. :eyebrow:
Are they really that different? Are they really more so sheeple than clueless Americans?

ChuteTheMall
10-04-2012, 17:12

I'm not sure how bad that might be, to compare an educated accent to a commoner's.

I have no idea if it helps or hurts..
:headscratch:

tous
10-04-2012, 17:13
They shoulda dubbed Da Mitt in Finnish! :miff:

MasterShake
10-04-2012, 17:20
Are they really that different?
Yeah, a lot of Spanish people from Spain see themselves as superior to Mexicans and think they speak better Spanish.

Altaris
10-04-2012, 17:27
Yeah, a lot of Spanish people from Spain see themselves as superior to Mexicans and think they speak better Spanish.

Yup, and South-Americans are the same way towards the Mexicans. My ex, who was from Venezuela, would always make comments like, "I am going to teach you real spanish, not that mexican garbage". She viewed it the same way most of us view trashy ghetto speak.

Gallium
10-04-2012, 17:39

Yup, and South-Americans are the same way towards the Mexicans. My ex, who was from Venezuela, would always make comments like, "I am going to teach you real spanish, not that mexican garbage". She viewed it the same way most of us view trashy ghetto speak.

And Puerto Ricans look down on Dominicans, Dominicians look down on Ecuadorians...etc

Back to the Spanish.

Earlier this year I had a chance to revisit Spain, and the Canary Islands (and Italy, France, Switzerland, etc...so there is a basis for comparison)

GOOD GOOGLIY MOOGLIY :wow: those Spanish women simply OOZE sexuality. None of the other women from the other mentioned countries could hold a flame to these wimmenz.

Now I have to head back to S. America to double check if the Brazilian wimmens are as smoking hot as I recall. :tbo:

g29andy
10-04-2012, 17:46
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/26/3022322/obama-appoints-wife-of-univision.html

tit for tat

Hummerbike
10-05-2012, 03:11
Reminds me of when I lived in Japan and used to watch Bonanza. The Japanese voice they chose for Hoss was a high pitched squeaky voice while the voice for Little Joe was a deep booming voice. It was comical to watch.

dango
10-05-2012, 03:27
They shoulda dubbed Da Mitt in Finnish! :miff:

Or Polish !..........................:supergrin:

c6601a
10-05-2012, 04:02
I know it's old news but my favorite was the 9/11 concert they held shortly after the event where Hillary was nearly booed off the stage by firefighters / police in attendance. When they reaired it at a later date - the boos were replaced with overwhelming cheers.They all do it. It was Comedy Central that busted Fox News for substituting crowd footage from a very large rally in the summer for one with a disappointingly low turnout that was held in the Fall.

Batesmotel
10-05-2012, 04:12
When I was a teacher I caught some kids tagging the walls. One was an immigrant from Argentina. I turned all of them in and the school punished all of them equally.

The Argentinian kids father went nuts and accused the school of treating his kid like a Mexican.

Bigotry is rampent among Spanish speaking people. Castilian speakers are the worst. Find one who claims to be an Hildago. The old line pure blood of Spain. Untainted (their word) by the blood of Jews or Moors.

coqui33
10-05-2012, 05:46
Bigotry is rampent among Spanish speaking people. Castilian speakers are the worst. Find one who claims to be an Hildago. The old line pure blood of Spain. Untainted (their word) by the blood of Jews or Moors.
Before 1821 here in Florida, hidalgos had formal legal privileges. For example, only hidalgos could run for public office. It is true that you could not be hidalgo if you had any Moorish or Jewish blood. On the other hand, having African blood was okay and routinely exempted.

Every culture has prejudices, and each sees the prejudices of other cultures as bizarre,