Rasmussen: Romney Now Ahead in FL & VA, Just 1% Behind in OH [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen: Romney Now Ahead in FL & VA, Just 1% Behind in OH

Paul7
10-05-2012, 15:33
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/05/battleground-polls-tighten-in-aftermath-debate/

:thumbsup:

QNman
10-05-2012, 19:29
I'm tickled to see the bounce, but it will not last beyond the next debate unless Romney can go beat him like a rented mule again.

However, there is a spark of hope - two more wins, he can win this contest.

Cavalry Doc
10-05-2012, 19:32
Barry dropped his credibility. No surprise here.

QNman
10-05-2012, 19:35

Barry had credibility?

(MAN, I love my single malt) :drunk:

LASTRESORT20
10-05-2012, 19:47

Close :supergrin: ^^^

...Actually berry never had "credibility" ....More and more folks are starting to understand and realize this...

Romney will be ready for round 2 with the community organizer.... Romney owns/Knows berry and his `likes` well.....

The "VP" debate should be fun get ready.......:supergrin:

Flintlocker
10-05-2012, 20:02
And... now you believe the polls again. Will wonders never cease?

QNman
10-05-2012, 20:11

I don't know about anyone else, but oversampling is a big "no-no". Rasmnussen - the poll in question - was one of very few that is not accused of such.

But you knew that.... nice try at a strawman.

concretefuzzynuts
Go change your panties, featherlicker.

countrygun

I think it is just people showing that, no matter how they try and cook the numbers thye can't completely hide all of the truth.

BTW, the meds kick in and bring your blood pressure down, finally, since the debate?

Has the drooling stopped yet?

G29Reload
10-05-2012, 22:21

Well, what is it?

QNman
10-06-2012, 08:39
Well, what is it?

Glenlivet. My personal poison of choice.

MZBKA
10-06-2012, 08:49
While this is good news for Romney, in all three polls, Romney is within the margin of error -- but Romney needs to win Virginia AND North Carolina AND Ohio AND Florida just to have a chance. If Obama wins one of these states, it's over.

conservativenut
10-06-2012, 09:16

Ok I bite what is it you are trying to insinuate here?

JFrame
10-06-2012, 09:36
Purely from a personal standpoint, I never believed any of the polls in regard to Virginia. I just sense much more enthusiasm here for a Romney/Ryan ticket than the opposition.

I could be wrong, but that's just my personal take...

Cavalry Doc
10-06-2012, 09:40
Barry had credibility?

Close :supergrin: ^^^

...Actually berry never had "credibility" ....More and more folks are starting to understand and realize this...

Romney will be ready for round 2 with the community organizer.... Romney owns/Knows berry and his `likes` well.....

The "VP" debate should be fun get ready.......:supergrin:

Are you guys kidding? Barry had tons and tons of credibility, he was the liberal messiah that was going to stop the rise of the oceans and heal the planet. The liberals believed every word.

The trick is in realizing that he deserved the credibility he had about as much as he did that nobel peace prize.

Cavalry Doc
10-06-2012, 09:41

Not really. No one believes the Dems will turn out in the same numbers they did in 2008. It'll be closer to 2010.

Diesel McBadass
10-06-2012, 09:46
i want mitt "chainsaw" romney to rip him apart the next 2 times, and with a ryan win thrown in no problem winning this thing

G29Reload
10-06-2012, 11:03
Glenlivet. My personal poison of choice.

Meh. MAcallan 12/18. Balvenie.

Bourbon. Single barrel. Stagg, vanWinkle. Eagle 17.

G29Reload
10-06-2012, 11:06
Purely from a personal standpoint, I never believed any of the polls in regard to Virginia. I just sense much more enthusiasm here for a Romney/Ryan ticket than the opposition.

I could be wrong, but that's just my personal take...

He won by 50,000 votes here in 2008.

So, we just need 25,001 to switch.

I saw clusters around the college towns, while I'll never root for VA Tech again. Plus the usual suspects.

It's getting ugly up north here. I'm seeing too many obama signs…depressing. Its the refugees from MD, not content to have screwed up where they were, so they move here where its better and start doing the same s@$%. Idiots.

Diesel McBadass
10-06-2012, 11:32
Any debate predictions coming up, i know obobo will stink like always but how do you think moderaton will go, dont really know the moderators

JFrame
10-06-2012, 12:30
He won by 50,000 votes here in 2008.

So, we just need 25,001 to switch.

I saw clusters around the college towns, while I'll never root for VA Tech again. Plus the usual suspects.

It's getting ugly up north here. I'm seeing too many obama signs…depressing. Its the refugees from MD, not content to have screwed up where they were, so they move here where its better and start doing the same s@$%. Idiots.

Yup -- NoVA is indeed ugly. The rest of Virginia, from Prince William and Loudoun County out (and even western Fairfax), have to hold the center.

onebigelf
10-06-2012, 13:18
Topic: Town meeting format including foreign and domestic policy
Air Time: 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Location: Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York (Tickets)
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney
Moderator: Candy Crowley (CNN Chief Political Correspondent)

The second presidential debate will take the form of a town meeting, in which citizens will ask questions of the candidates on foreign and domestic issues. Candidates each will have two minutes to respond, and an additional minute for the moderator to facilitate a discussion. The town meeting participants will be undecided voters selected by the Gallup Organization.

Expect the questions to focus on abortion, gay marriage, illegal immigration, welfare, medicare, social security, and all of the other environmental and social issues that the Democrats love to hang the Republicans on.

Candy Crowley is an uber lib and has stated since the first debate that she thinks the moderator needs to exert more control.

John

Flintlocker
10-06-2012, 13:24
I don't know about anyone else, but oversampling is a big "no-no". Rasmnussen - the poll in question - was one of very few that is not accused of such.

But you knew that.... nice try at a strawman.

What you've shown is that you don't know what a strawman is. A strawman is when you distort your opponents position and then argue against the distortion. I saw no one exempting Rassmussen from criticism when their polls showed Obama leading in virtually every swing state. And I see no distortion in saying that you right wingers complained about every poll being skewed, sometimes by as much as 20%.

But magically, when Willard gets in to the margin of error, all that's forgotten.

Snowman92D
10-06-2012, 13:41
Hey, Flint...I've been meaning to ask. The debate started at 9:00pm, and DU went into seclusion about 9:33pm for some reason. 'Sup widdat...?

series1811
10-06-2012, 13:41
What you've shown is that you don't know what a strawman is. A strawman is when you distort your opponents position and then argue against the distortion. I saw no one exempting Rassmussen from criticism when their polls showed Obama leading in virtually every swing state. And I see no distortion in saying that you right wingers complained about every poll being skewed, sometimes by as much as 20%.

But magically, when Willard gets in to the margin of error, all that's forgotten.

Let me get this straight. We're right wingers (I understand because we like guns and all) so you're a left winger?

Or, I bet you're a moderate centrist, right?

Flintlocker
10-06-2012, 13:44
Let me get this straight. We're right wingers (I understand because we like guns and all) so you're a left winger?

I'd say, at least on this issue, is that most of the people on this forum are either ignorant or hypocritical, or both.

countrygun
10-06-2012, 13:47

No, no,no,

as you can see by his answer in the post above, he is "Special".

Flintlocker
10-06-2012, 14:08
No, no,no,

as you can see by his answer in the post above, he is "Special".

If by special you mean I don't have my head up my ass, then you're right.

countrygun
10-06-2012, 14:26
If by special you mean I don't have my head up my ass, then you're right.

And anybody who doesn't agree with you must have.

Typical liberal.

Flintlocker
10-06-2012, 14:32
And anybody who doesn't agree with you must have.

Typical liberal.

There's a difference between having legitimate disagreement with people and having to deal with people who are so dishonest that they won't acknowledge a completely different position that they held just a week ago.

countrygun
10-06-2012, 14:49
There's a difference between having legitimate disagreement with people and having to deal with people who are so dishonest that they won't acknowledge a completely different position that they held just a week ago.

It's boring when all you get out of the Obama people are the DU talking points and an "If you don't agree, you're dumb" out of them.

You just throw out the latest jingo from DU and insult anyone who doesn't agree.

Dry up and blow away

Paul7
10-06-2012, 14:58

Straw man, who's saying the Rassmussen polls of a week ago weren't accurate?

Flintlocker
10-06-2012, 15:31
It's boring when all you get out of the Obama people are the DU talking points and an "If you don't agree, you're dumb" out of them.

You just throw out the latest jingo from DU and insult anyone who doesn't agree.

Dry up and blow away

Ok, I'll make this simple for you. Last week, here at GTPI, was nearly everyone complaining that the polls were inaccurate and that it was a deliberate effort by the pollsters to lie... or not?

QNman
10-06-2012, 16:50
Meh. MAcallan 12/18. Balvenie.

Bourbon. Single barrel. Stagg, vanWinkle. Eagle 17.

Oh, I'd sip any of the above with you and never bat an eye. But when I'm buying, it's Glenlivet.

QNman
10-06-2012, 16:56

That is PRECISELY what you did. You took the subject matter at hand - that the polls have swung in the swing states, offering some change in favor of Romney - and distorted the view that no one here holds any credence in ANY poll, since we hold the skewed ones in no significant regard. Then you argue against that.

Just as you are doing now - making a strawman out of the use of the word strawman.

Rasmussen has been offering polls as the whole country, not as individual states. The polls that were being questioned were not Rasmussen, they were the ones who were skewed in favor of the Dem.

Polls are what they are. I will state here just what I would state were it the other way around - it ain't over until it is.

QNman
10-06-2012, 16:58

Should be easy to prove. We'll be waiting.

Of course, I suppose since your hero, Obama, couldn't be bothered to do so when he had the podium, but instead waited until it was over to cry "liar" without a shred of proof, that's probably the tack you'll take too, eh?

QNman
10-06-2012, 16:59
Ok, I'll make this simple for you. Last week, here at GTPI, was nearly everyone complaining that the polls were inaccurate and that it was a deliberate effort by the pollsters to lie... or not?

Your generalization is your error.