CBP Shooting "highly likely" a friendly fire. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CBP Shooting "highly likely" a friendly fire.

airmotive
10-05-2012, 16:32
CBP is saying the evidence suggests the two CBP agents shot each other, thinking each was hostile fire.
Gut wrenching.

Peace Warrior
10-05-2012, 16:38
Is there a link? Or is this a TV show thing?

airmotive
10-05-2012, 16:48
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/10/05/friendly-fire-possibility-border-shooting/1615835/

LASTRESORT20
10-05-2012, 17:02
"CBP is saying the evidence suggests the two CBP agents shot each other, thinking each was hostile fire"

"Convenient"

JLB768
10-05-2012, 17:48
Could this be a BS story, due to election time, and the F&F mess?

MooseJaw
10-05-2012, 17:52
There needs to be accountability!!

Somebody should investigate the Training regimeine, and then prosecute for incompetence!!

I'm sick an tired of "Friendly Fire".

devildog2067
10-05-2012, 17:52
"CBP is saying the evidence suggests the two CBP agents shot each other, thinking each was hostile fire"

"Convenient"

Blue-on-blue happens a whole lot more than anyone wants to think about.

TKM
10-05-2012, 18:09
You know better.
:upeyes:
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445856

Fox news is currently reporting that no arrests have been made on either side of the border. BS. I know for a fact this is not true.

I am reading the media reports, and they have the story so wrong, it is not even funny. It saddens me to hear them saying baldfaced lies, when I KNOW their headlines are utter fabrication.

The media reports of "friendly fire" are stemming from a press conference where a reporter asked if they could rule out friendly fire. The FBI agent answered that since the investigation was ongoing, they couldn't rule out anything. Of course this reporter assumed that meant that it WAS friendly fire, and ran with that notion.

Personally, I'm not ruling out anything either (including friendly fire), but I can say for certain that there was an armed encounter between agents and bad guys that sparked the entire event.

sourdough44
10-05-2012, 18:13
I read where there were no illegals or other individuals present. Maybe even more than just 'friendly fire', since there was nobody else around to be concerned with. The survivor will lay it all out in due time. His story must of fell apart in the light of day.

airmotive
10-05-2012, 19:35
You know better.
:upeyes:
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445856

Fox news is currently reporting that no arrests have been made on either side of the border. BS. I know for a fact this is not true.

I am reading the media reports, and they have the story so wrong, it is not even funny. It saddens me to hear them saying baldfaced lies, when I KNOW their headlines are utter fabrication.

The media reports of "friendly fire" are stemming from a press conference where a reporter asked if they could rule out friendly fire. The FBI agent answered that since the investigation was ongoing, they couldn't rule out anything. Of course this reporter assumed that meant that it WAS friendly fire, and ran with that notion.

Personally, I'm not ruling out anything either (including friendly fire), but I can say for certain that there was an armed encounter between agents and bad guys that sparked the entire event.

Can't really blame the media on this one if it's the FBI making the press release.

FBI said that while an inquiry was continuing, "there are strong preliminary indications that the death of.. Ivie and the injury to a second agent was the result of an accidental shooting incident involving only the agents.''

I'm a press-hater myself. But the FBI (of all agencies) should know better than to release a statement like that if that's not the story they want in the wild.

CAcop
10-05-2012, 19:49
Can't really blame the media on this one if it's the FBI making the press release.

FBI said that while an inquiry was continuing, "there are strong preliminary indications that the death of.. Ivie and the injury to a second agent was the result of an accidental shooting incident involving only the agents.''

I'm a press-hater myself. But the FBI (of all agencies) should know better than to release a statement like that if that's not the story they want in the wild.

The FBI, while smart people with good training, don't always get it right. Just ask Richard Jewell.

A big thing would be if you had statements indicating the direction of fire and recovered rounds that match up in the lab.

Fed Five Oh
10-05-2012, 19:55
The FBI, while smart people with good training, don't always get it right. Just ask Richard Jewell.Unfortunately, Richard Jewell passed away, but I do get what you are saying and can't argue with you.

Ohio Copper
10-05-2012, 19:56
Bad **** happens in gun battles.

TKM
10-05-2012, 20:36

Quoting a GT member who was on scene and involved with the search....