50 car pileup [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 50 car pileup

Eurodriver
10-05-2012, 16:35
http://www.11alive.com/news/article/259652/8/LIVE-VIDEO--30-50-car-pileup-in-Sarasota-Fla-

Oh wow.

Peace Warrior
10-05-2012, 16:41
I-75 in/near Sarasota around 3PM and there was only fifty involved?

dango
10-05-2012, 16:54
florida !

Bruce M
10-05-2012, 16:58
Someone is gonna be typing for a while.

uptomyneck
10-05-2012, 17:24
The Snowbirds are early this year.

jeager
10-05-2012, 17:34
There was a pile-up south of Fresno in the TuleFog just
before Thanksgiving a few years ago.
Headlines claimed 115 cars involved.
A week later the newspaper corrected to "only" 87 vehicles!
DAMN!
none-the-less

kcb
10-05-2012, 19:08
When I left work in Central Florida about an hour after that accident the skies to the southwest of us looked wicked.

BUT the roads in the photos in that article do not look like they were all that wet if at all.

HOWEVER, what people do NOT understand about the roads here is that even a slight drizzle of rain can make our roads slick as if there is ice on them.

It brings oil to the surface of the road causing cars to slide out of control.

WE who live here...and have for years and years, know to drive accordingly. But we have become a melting pot of people from all over the world, and they have not been trained
how to drive here.

It becomes a nightmare to drive around here when a rainstorm
pops up. NOT to mention that we no longer require the young people or new drivers to complete driver's education.

You take your life in your own hands to drive here. AND it is okay to text and drive here...

ALL a deadly combination in the state of Florida.

Okay. I'm done!

:cool: :faint:

IGotIt
10-05-2012, 19:25
When I left work in Central Florida about an hour after that accident the skies to the southwest of us looked wicked.

BUT the roads in the photos in that article do not look like they were all that wet if at all.

HOWEVER, what people do NOT understand about the roads here is that even a slight drizzle of rain can make our roads slick as if there is ice on them.

WE who live here...and have for years and years, know to drive accordingly. But we have become a melting pot of people from all over the world, and they have not been trained
how to drive here.

pops up. NOT to mention that we no longer require the young people or new drivers to complete driver's education.

You take your life in your own hands to drive here. AND it is okay to text and drive here...

Okay. I'm done!

:agree:

Also add all the elderly who drive. Some of whom shouldn't be out of the home, let alone on the roads.

I passed by there must have been just minutes before it happened. People were driving like it was Friday.

Trey83
10-05-2012, 19:30
I live an exit away from there. I seen three of the cars on tow trucks when I was on my way home from having dinner.

RenoF250
10-05-2012, 20:30

how to drive here.

Okay. I'm done!

Oil on the road can be a problem anywhere. People should know better.

goldenlight
10-06-2012, 02:36
Safe following distance.

What does it mean again?:faint:

noway
10-06-2012, 09:54
Only in Flo-Ri-Duh. This accident is just as bad as the near gainsville I75 accident that involved FHP and Smoke.

These same idot Flo-Ri-da drivers do the same stupid thing on I75 alligator alley.

Also b4 we go off blaming Elders, Snowbirds and everybody else. I wonder who was driving what and how many non FL-plates if any. This is just Flo-Ri-Duh being Floridians.