G22 "E" serial number [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G22 "E" serial number

tacmc6
10-06-2012, 06:26
I have a G22 Which I believe is in the suspected "update" range for the rails on the receiver. If I would send this to Glock, can I request that the original parts be kept in the weapon such as extractor etc.? It shoots great and would like to keep the original parts. Any suggestions. This is a family firearm and I understand the receiver will be changed with an added "1" on the serial number. ( Also just thought about keeping it until something breaks, if it ever does). THANKS

D.S.Brown
10-06-2012, 06:45
Not all of the E series guns had to be sent in. Call them and ask if your G22 is on that list. I had a G27 that I put over 5500 rounds through that was "on the list." I called Glock at about the 2000 round mark, and their opinion is that sure, send it in, but if one of the rails hasn't sheered off by now it wasn't going to happen.

The "upgrade" was over some out of spec frames mostly made during the E series run, that was causing one or more of the frame rails to be sheered off the frame. Plenty of reports of these guns losing one of the rails off the frame, and STILL functioning.

Me personally I'd be reluctant to send it in based on my experience, but that's me. Good luck.

Best,

Dave

vafish
10-06-2012, 07:44
Call glock and ask them.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9mmdude
10-06-2012, 08:29
I had two affected by the recall. I believe I sent just the frames in. I got them back with a 1 in front of my serial number and it took about 6 weeks.