Woman Defends Grow Against 13 With Bear Mace [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Woman Defends Grow Against 13 With Bear Mace

Little Joe
10-06-2012, 10:51
One Wampus Kitty you don't want to mess with. :rofl:

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/10/03/disabled-woman-wards-off-13-intruders-with-bear-spray/

*ASH*
10-06-2012, 11:29
she is just trying to weed out the bad people in her hood

glock_19guy1983
10-06-2012, 11:35
Sorry but i just dont see any good guys in that situation.

ca survivor
10-06-2012, 11:40
why she opened the door in the first place ?

gwalchmai
10-06-2012, 12:03
I bet they were SAMCRO...

Gallium
10-06-2012, 12:36

From the article, it appears her grow is legal. If she was a bartender cleaning up a bar after closing would you have the same perspective?

- G

kiole
10-06-2012, 12:44

Ironic considering your avatar..

Her grow was legal in the eyes of California just not in the eyes of the over reaching government.

Little Joe
10-06-2012, 13:16

Successfully protecting herself from a pack of modern day Gibeahites (Judges 19) showing up to take what they want is an awesome thing. That's a win in my book.

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 13:22
Good for granny! We should take up a GT collection and buy her a decent shotgun.

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 13:22

Agreed. No good GUYS but one awesome granny!

GVFlyer
10-06-2012, 13:48

Ironic considering your avatar...

That's a pretty inflammatory statement; it's implications are obvious: You're stating that glock_19guy1983 is a bad guy because he has a Confederate Battle Banner as his avatar.

Ask yourself two questions: 1. Does your message contribute to the conversation? 2. Was it really necessary to malign the character of someone you don't know?

USMCsilver
10-06-2012, 13:54
You're stating that glock_19guy1983 is a bad guy because he has a Confederate Battle Banner as his avatar.

I have one across my back. Wonder how he would feel about me???

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Eric
10-06-2012, 13:57
What in the hell does that mean???

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/10/04/former-teachers-aide-arrested-for-inappropriate-contact-with-students/

Man, I could fill a prison with the number of people who have done that to me here, over the years.:supergrin: Eric

glock_19guy1983
10-06-2012, 14:19

Her grow was legal in the eyes of California just not in the eyes of the over reaching government.

My avatar has nothing to do with my opinion on medical marijuana. My avatar is the 11th Miss Battle flag, My grandfather's grandfather was a captain in the 11th Miss.

kiole
10-06-2012, 15:22
That's a pretty inflammatory statement; it's implications are obvious: You're stating that glock_19guy1983 is a bad guy because he has a Confederate Battle Banner as his avatar.

Ask yourself two questions: 1. Does your message contribute to the conversation? 2. Was it really necessary to malign the character of someone you don't know?

Obviously it wasn't that clear

I was referring to his apparent disregard for state rights as it applies to medical weed. Many look to the confederate flags as a symbol for states rights against federal overreaching.

glock_19guy1983
10-06-2012, 15:41

I was referring to his apparent disregard for state rights as it applies to medical weed. Many look to the confederate flags as a symbol for states rights against federal overreaching.

And as a state, california has every right to make medical marijuana legal. I also disagree with gay marriage, but if californians want that, then they should be able to have it in THEIR state, even though personally still find it socially wrong and immoral. Its my personal opinion of who is good and who is not. Even if legal I still have the right to my opinion of whether it is "good" or not.

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 15:56
And as a state, california has every right to make medical marijuana legal. I also disagree with gay marriage, but if californians want that, then they should be able to have it in THEIR state, even though personally still find it socially wrong and immoral. Its my personal opinion of who is good and who is not. Even if legal I still have the right to my opinion of whether it is "good" or not.

How do you feel about tabacco farmers?

Dennis in MA
10-06-2012, 16:17
Next time, she needs to get the stuff with the purple dye in it. Catch the turds later.

jp3975
10-06-2012, 17:02
How do you feel about tabacco farmers?

Thats fine because it affects society to a much lesser extent than pot.

Tobacco: moral
Alcohol: moral
MJ: immoral

:rofl:

glock_19guy1983
10-06-2012, 17:12
Thats fine because it affects society to a much lesser extent than pot.

Tobacco: moral
Alcohol: moral
MJ: immoral

I neither smoke nor do I drink often. If enough citizens of a particular state wanted to outlaw tobacco or alcohol, then thats fine by me. The banning of alcohol didnt go over so well, but I suspect that a ban on tobbacco would be more acceptible to the general public. Im actually surprised that it hasnt been banned on a state level anywhere yet.

Lampshade
10-06-2012, 17:39

You're perfectly entitled to your disdain for liberty.

Lampshade
10-06-2012, 17:39
If enough citizens of a particular state wanted to outlaw tobacco or alcohol, then thats fine by me.

Tyranny of the majority really is the best kind of tyranny, isn't it?

glock_19guy1983
10-06-2012, 17:41
Tyranny of the majority really is the best kind of tyranny, isn't it?

Let me ask you then. Should Crystal Meth be legal to manufacture and consume? What about heroin?

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 17:45
I neither smoke nor do I drink often. If enough citizens of a particular state wanted to outlaw tobacco or alcohol, then thats fine by me. The banning of alcohol didnt go over so well, but I suspect that a ban on tobbacco would be more acceptible to the general public. Im actually surprised that it hasnt been banned on a state level anywhere yet.

We're talking morality, not legality. Are tobacco farmers immoral?

Lampshade
10-06-2012, 17:51
Let me ask you then. Should Crystal Meth be legal to manufacture and consume? What about heroin?

Definitely not.

We should continue pouring countless billions into the Drug War, continue eroding the rights of our citizen's in the name of said war, and continue to imprison the highest percentage of our population of any nation on earth.

Its worked so well so far!

glock_19guy1983
10-06-2012, 17:52
We're talking morality, not legality. Are tobacco farmers immoral?

Morality is dependent upon the individual. To me a tobacco farmer is not immoral simply because he grows tobacco, Im sure are some anti tobacco people out there that would disagree with me though.

Gallium
10-06-2012, 21:11
Morality is dependent upon the individual. To me a cannabis farmer is not immoral simply because he grows cannabis, I'm sure are some anti-weed idiots out there that would disagree with me though.

I agree with this. . . and I have never smoked weed ever, don't drink booze, don't smoke. :)

Shinytop
10-06-2012, 21:12
Acts should be illegal because they are wrong, not wrong because they are illegal.

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 22:25
Morality is dependent upon the individual.

Is it?

Rape

Murder

Slavery

Theft

Morality depends upon the individual?

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 22:27
Morality is dependent upon the individual. To me a tobacco farmer is not immoral simply because he grows tobacco, Im sure are some anti tobacco people out there that would disagree with me though.

So you declare cannabis and cannabis growers immoral, though cannabis has never killed anyone.

But farming tobacco, a product that kills hundreds of thousands of people every year, is moral?

jp3975
10-06-2012, 23:06

The banning of mj has failed miserably.

So has the banning of other drugs.

Legalize them all and the drug cartels have to find a new occupation, prisons are emptied, billions upon billions of tax dollars are saved, and crime goes way down.

OR...we could keep doing it your way and people will still do it all and we will keep the crime and billions spent every year fighting a war that cannot be won.

I can see logic in not legalizing hard drugs...although, if they where legalized i dont think it would cause much of a problem. If people was to kill themselves, let them.

But mj...which causes less death and accidents than alcohol, tobacco, and even prescriptions drugs?

Why would you wont to stop others from doing what they want?

For the record, I only drink.

Cali-Glock
10-06-2012, 23:19

This.

I HATE marijuana any attempts to legalize marijuana and the medical marijuana fraud. I actively oppose California's efforts to legalize marijuana... But this lunatic state has made it legal...

It should be NONE of the federal governments business and they should not be interfering.

State's rights are states rights, and I defend stupid California's right to take stupid actions and effectively legalize marijuana.

Period.

ateamer
10-06-2012, 23:32
In 24 years of law enforcement, I've never had to fight with someone who was stoned. Never gave CPR to someone who ODed on weed. Never seen a girl who was beautiful a year ago now have deep holes in her face because marijuana made her pick her skin away. Never seen a guy get baked and pound his wife into hamburger. Of all the recreational drugs, pot is the most benign. I'd have no problem with it being legal and regulated like alcohol.

Clutch Cargo
10-06-2012, 23:41

A disabled woman doing what she could to be safe in her own home? :dunno:

Harper
10-06-2012, 23:44
She went to answer an early morning knock on the door, but not before grabbing a can of bear spray. It was her only defense against 13 intruders.

She was staring down the barrel of a shotgun, facing seemingly impossible odds.

That's why I don't answer the door until I see who it is.

Gallium
10-07-2012, 04:39
In 24 years of law enforcement, I've never had to fight with someone who was stoned. Never gave CPR to someone who ODed on weed. Never seen a girl who was beautiful a year ago now have deep holes in her face because marijuana made her pick her skin away. Never seen a guy get baked and pound his wife into hamburger. Of all the recreational drugs, pot is the most benign. I'd have no problem with it being legal and regulated like alcohol.

Maybe if you were a REAL COP...:tongueout:...instead of dicking around with Hollyweird movie sets as a consultant...
:whistling:

gwalchmai
10-07-2012, 05:13
Is it?

Rape

Murder

Slavery

Theft

Morality depends upon the individual?Yes, I think it does, because morality implies a sense of right and wrong, which depends on individual perception. It's not enough that "everyone knows the rules", i.e., that the things you mentioned are wrong. In order to have real morality an individual needs to have an empathetic feel for how these things hurt others. We learn the rules as children, but we don't develop a real moral compass until we develop empathy.

However, if everyone learns the rules and abides by them it still works out pretty well... ;)

gwalchmai
10-07-2012, 05:16
In 24 years of law enforcement, I've never had to fight with someone who was stoned. Never gave CPR to someone who ODed on weed. Never seen a girl who was beautiful a year ago now have deep holes in her face because marijuana made her pick her skin away. Never seen a guy get baked and pound his wife into hamburger. Of all the recreational drugs, pot is the most benign. I'd have no problem with it being legal and regulated like alcohol.I really like reading posts like this from people who have a relevant perspective. They cut through so much BS. :thumbsup:

Bren
10-07-2012, 06:29
You're perfectly entitled to your disdain for [what I want].

Fixed it.

davew83
10-07-2012, 08:58

Bet if you grabbed the last bag of potato chips you would have to fight them off.

:supergrin:

blkt2
10-07-2012, 10:39

I believe that he was referring to the issue of states rights that was one of the hall marks of the Confederacy.

blkt2
10-07-2012, 10:44
Let me ask you then. Should Crystal Meth be legal to manufacture and consume?

Yes; and it is currently legal to do both. The common trade name for it is adderall and it is widely prescribed to children. Without a prescription for it getting caught with some here in TX carries the same penalties as getting caught with the street grade (meth) version.

Lampshade
10-07-2012, 10:50
Fixed it.

You did?

I also support the right of grown adults to smoke tobacco... does that mean I must want to smoke tobacco?

blkt2
10-07-2012, 10:51
Is it?

Rape

Murder

Slavery

Theft

Morality depends upon the individual?

All of the things that you listed are wrong because they harm another person. Some drugs are illegal because we say that they are illegal. Most folks with half a brain or more make a distinction between malum in se and malum prohibitum laws.

If I ran the world there would be no malum prohibitum laws unless not having the law DIRECTLY harms another person.

method
10-07-2012, 11:00

It was perfectly clear, just some real daft people around here.

blkt2
10-07-2012, 11:05
The will help to steel your resolve if you don't like the thought of grass being made legal; fast forward to the end around the 2:50 mark.

Little Hitler - The Whitest Kids U'Know on IFC - YouTube

certifiedfunds
10-07-2012, 12:07
Yes; and it is currently legal to do both. The common trade name for it is adderall and it is widely prescribed to children. Without a prescription for it getting caught with some here in TX carries the same penalties as getting caught with the street grade (meth) version.

Similar but not the same.

certifiedfunds
10-07-2012, 12:09
All of the things that you listed are wrong because they harm another person. Some drugs are illegal because we say that they are illegal. Most folks with half a brain or more make a distinction between malum in se and malum prohibitum laws.

If I ran the world there would be no malum prohibitum laws unless not having the law DIRECTLY harms another person.

None of which changes the point in my response to the other fella who said that morals are up to the individual.

Bren
10-07-2012, 12:21
You did?

I also support the right of grown adults to smoke tobacco... does that mean I must want to smoke tobacco?

So, to you, a person saying it should be up to the states, not the feds, to decide wheteher marijuana is legal is showing "disdain for liberty"?

That's ridiculous and the kind of extreme position, whether in guns, drugs, etc., that works against any real effort to increase freedom. I'll bet you support GOA's talk over NRA's actual work too, right?

Lampshade
10-07-2012, 12:26
So, to you, a person saying it should be up to the states, not the feds, to decide wheteher marijuana is legal is showing "disdain for liberty"?

I support individual liberty, the right of people to do as they please so long as they don't harm others.

The state has no more right to wrongly intrude into my life than the feds do.

Fox
10-07-2012, 12:45
Definitely not.

... and continue to imprison the highest percentage of our population of any nation on earth.

Drug addicts and dealers are low life criminals.

certifiedfunds
10-07-2012, 13:11

How do you feel about the people who create the drug dealers' jobs?

blkt2
10-07-2012, 14:39

So were bartenders and alcoholics during prohibition but with the stroke of a pen they became honest citizens again.

jp3975
10-07-2012, 18:22
Ive yet to see an anti-mj person on this thread do anything other than tell people mj is wrong with no logic whatsoever behind their argument.

Any antis want to explain to us why mj shouldnt be legal? Or should we just accept "because I said so" as if we where children?

Gallium
10-07-2012, 18:34
Ive yet to see an anti-mj person on this thread do anything other than tell people mj is wrong with no logic whatsoever behind their argument.

Any antis want to explain to us why mj shouldnt be legal? Or should we just accept "because I said so" as if we where children?

I am very anti cannibis. FOR ME. If you (speaking broadly) want to smoke chronic, that's all right with me. Pass the tushunpeng.

jp3975
10-07-2012, 18:50
I am very anti cannibis. FOR ME. If you (speaking broadly) want to smoke chronic, that's all right with me. Pass the tushunpeng.

I was more referring to the posters who felt the need to say that mj should be illegal and no one should be able to do it.

I dont smoke either. Tried it once and it just made me nervous. Never did it again. But to me if you want it to be illegal, alcohol and tobacco should be illegal right along with it because they are far worse.

Some people just have this irrational hatred of it and feel the need to stop other people from doing it.

NEOH212
10-07-2012, 19:13
Just legalize it and there won't be anymore problems they say...

Yea right!

:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

Harper
10-07-2012, 19:16
Just legalize it and there won't be anymore problems they say...

No they don't. There'd be a lot less problems.

GVFlyer
10-07-2012, 20:08

I'll give it a shot.

Other than common law, laws are codified societal mores and as such represent the will of the majority. There have always been subsets of society that exist as a semi-parasitic entity to the society that contains them. The illegal drug culture is one such subset. It has its own economy, language and customs.

Illegal drugs have certain common characteristics Ė none of them taste good, they all affect behavior and alter the userís perception of reality. When taken as a whole, the illegal drug culture accounts for much of the crime in our country. I donít find the "benefits" to be offsetting.

Your drug of choice, marijuana, has been shown to have an addictive potential, cardiac implications and amnesia related disorders. A number of studies have shown an association between chronic marijuana use and increased rates of anxiety, depression, and schizophrenia. Recent studies have suggested that marijuana causes chromosomal damage among young users and developmental issues in teens with associated learning disorders.

Marijuana is also a gateway drug, I know that you may want to argue this well substantiated point, but really, find me a tweaker, bag-b1tch, junkie or crack addict who hasnít used cannabis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15801396
http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana
http://www.ednewscolorado.org/2012/02/22/33516-research-shows-adverse-effects-of-marijuana-on-teens-as-drug-use-among-students-appears-to-be-rising
Ad infinitum, ad naseum..

Gallium
10-07-2012, 20:09
I was more referring to the posters who felt the need to say that mj should be illegal and no one should be able to do it.

I dont smoke either. Tried it once and it just made me nervous. Never did it again. But to me if you want it to be illegal, alcohol and tobacco should be illegal right along with it because they are far worse.

Some people just have this irrational hatred of it and feel the need to stop other people from doing it.

Yeah. I forgot the smilies :wavey::wavey::wavey:

I don't drink (any booze, at all), but I don't also have an overwhelming need to legislate booze out of bars, bedrooms and bat caves. Yes, booze (as a catalyst) kills lots of people annually, but it also helps people relax, and get laid, which is pretty ****ing important, and yes, enforcement dollars in places such as bars, or areas where there are a lot of bars is disproportionately higher than where the museums are, but except for that one archeologist chic I tangled with, for the life of me I have never gotten laid after visiting a museum.

So yeah, weed...why don't we figure out how to leave people to their own devices alone?

blkt2
10-07-2012, 20:30
I'll give it a shot.

Other than common law, laws are codified societal mores and as such represent the will of the majority. There have always been subsets of society that exist as a semi-parasitic entity to the society that contains them. The illegal drug culture is one such subset. It has its own economy, language and customs.

Illegal drugs have certain common characteristics Ė none of them taste good, they all affect behavior and alter the userís perception of reality. When taken as a whole, the illegal drug culture accounts for much of the crime in our country. I donít find the "benefits" to be offsetting.

Your drug of choice, marijuana, has been shown to have an addictive potential, cardiac implications and amnesia related disorders. A number of studies have shown an association between chronic marijuana use and increased rates of anxiety, depression, and schizophrenia. Recent studies have suggested that marijuana causes chromosomal damage among young users and developmental issues in teens with associated learning disorders.

Marijuana is also a gateway drug, I know that you may want to argue this well substantiated point, but really, find me a tweaker, bag-b1tch, junkie or crack addict who hasnít used cannabis.

http://www.ednewscolorado.org/2012/02/22/33516-research-shows-adverse-effects-of-marijuana-on-teens-as-drug-use-among-students-appears-to-be-rising

The anti-gun crowd also can show the damage that firearms cause but I doubt that you are willing to outlaw them because they are bad/dangerous if used incorrectly.

certifiedfunds
10-07-2012, 20:31
I'll give it a shot.

The issue, for me anyway, isn't so much whether it is legal or illegal. The issue is the unconstitutional federal assumption of power. As I said earlier in the thread, if they can regulate this they can regulate anything, like your tomato plant.

Anytime you push something to the black market it becomes immersed in crime. Prohibition was the text book example.

If health risks are what we based banned substances on, the list is going to get very, very long.

Find me a tweaker, junkie or crack addict who hasn't used alcohol, cigarettes......or coca cola for that matter.

See how that works?

(sorry I butchered the quote function)

jp3975
10-07-2012, 21:11
Yeah. I forgot the smilies :wavey::wavey::wavey:

I don't drink (any booze, at all), but I don't also have an overwhelming need to legislate booze out of bars, bedrooms and bat caves. Yes, booze (as a catalyst) kills lots of people annually, but it also helps people relax, and get laid, which is pretty ****ing important, and yes, enforcement dollars in places such as bars, or areas where there are a lot of bars is disproportionately higher than where the museums are, but except for that one archeologist chic I tangled with, for the life of me I have never gotten laid after visiting a museum.

So yeah, weed...why don't we figure out how to leave people to their own devices alone?

And as a drinker, i appreciate people like you who dont try to ban my drug of choice.:supergrin:

I'll give it a shot.

Illegal drugs have certain common characteristics – none of them taste good, they all affect behavior and alter the user’s perception of reality. When taken as a whole, the illegal drug culture accounts for much of the crime in our country. I don’t find the "benefits" to be offsetting.

Marijuana is also a gateway drug, I know that you may want to argue this well substantiated point, but really, find me a tweaker, bag-b1tch, junkie or crack addict who hasn’t used cannabis.

Much better than some acting like people where crazy or drug users for wanting it to be legal.

blkt2 and certifiedfunds tore the argument apart though.

And as I already said; Alcohol and tobacco cause FAR more deaths and theyre both far more dangerous and addicting than mj.

Yet no one lobbies to have alcohol and tobacco banned. Why?

If you apply logic, it seems to indicate a less dangerous vice should be allowed before a more dangerous one.

That would be sort of like if the govt allowed machine guns and rockets to be sold to the general public at request but banned 22lr.

Makes no sense.

We even had a cop come on here and say that someone high on mj is less likely to give him trouble than anyone else and that it should be legal.

I never said mj was harmless. I said it was less harmful by far than legal things.

There's no rational reason for it to be illegal.

The benefits of legalization FAR outweigh the negatives.

Heres another reason to legalize. Ask any teenager if they know where to get mj...or could they find out where to get it if they where so inclined. ANYONE who wants it can get it. Its easier for a kid to get mj than it is alcohol.

What does that tell you? The prohibition against it is a bigger failure than the prohibition against alcohol.

Why waste hundreds of billions of dollars to fight something so widespread?

jollygreen
10-07-2012, 22:05
I just wish you products of public education would learn how to compose a decent title.

Clutch Cargo
10-08-2012, 17:36

I agree we need to arrest and imprison all the folks who abuse Tylenol and eveeyone who abuses or sells alcohol, coffee, Coca Cola, Dr Pepper, and chocolate. We need to have the police arrest their own if LEs are caught more than one day a week getting a doughnut fix to satisfy their sugar addiction. :whistling:

Then we need to close down all stores that sell televisions and game consoles, computers, and smart phones. Those stores feed on the helpless electronic gadget addicts by selling the evil devices.

Bill Gates is the biggest dealer of them all. Good luck arresting HIM. Take away his smart phone and he cannot call the Governor.

Clutch Cargo
10-08-2012, 17:42
I just wish you products of public education would learn how to compose a decent title.

Dexter Manley BOUGHT a degree in the public education system. An illiterate man can buy anything, if within his means.

Clutch Cargo
10-10-2012, 02:08

At least he HAS an avatar, which BTW, I find nothing wrong with.
If you have an issue with someone's avatar, have a pair and tell them so.