Romney lies about pre-existing conditions in debate [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Romney lies about pre-existing conditions in debate

Flintlocker
10-06-2012, 13:40
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/10/top-romney-adviser-states-will-have-to-cover-people-with-pre-existing-conditions-under-president-rom.php

Pressed by TPM’s Evan McMorris-Santoro, Fehrnstrom said those who currently lack coverage because they have pre-existing conditions would need their states to implement their own laws — like Romney’s own Massachusetts health care law — that ban insurance company from discriminating against sick people.

This isn't the first time Romney's lied in front of a national audience and then had his advisers come out and correct him. Apparently he thinks undecided voters would be stupid enough to believe this BS... and he may be right. What a weasel.

rgregoryb
10-06-2012, 13:43
chance of rain this evening

series1811
10-06-2012, 13:43
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/10/top-romney-adviser-states-will-have-to-cover-people-with-pre-existing-conditions-under-president-rom.php

This isn't the first time Romney's lied in front of a national audience and then had his advisers come out and correct him. Apparently he thinks undecided voters would be stupid enough to believe this BS... and he may be right. What a weasel.

Oh, no! Flintlicker posted a DU talking point that says Romney lied. That does it for me. I'm voting for Obama. Four years of him just isnt' enough. I need eight.

Flintlocker
10-06-2012, 13:49
Ahh, what do you know, the cowards arrive to display their inability to address reality. Congrats boys.

Bren
10-06-2012, 13:49
Hint: under "Romney’s plan to repeal Obamacare" health insurance laws on preexisting conditions would be just like they are now, which means if states want to ban preexisting condition exclusions, they would have to do so at the state level.

Do I say "so what" or point out that that is exactly what Romney supporters want/expect to happen?

Snowman92D
10-06-2012, 13:51
What a weasel.

Weasel presidents, I can handle. Marxist presidents, not so much. So...I guess "O" isn't the guy I should vote for.

JFrame
10-06-2012, 13:52
So -- let me get this straight -- assuming that Romney lied in the debate, Obama was too stupid and uninformed to refute those lies? :dunno:

Do we want someone that ignorant and incapable of extemporaneous thought to be dealing with some of the world's shrewdest and most devious national leaders??? :headscratch:

Bren
10-06-2012, 13:52
Ahh, what do you know, the cowards arrive to display their inability to address reality. Congrats boys.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I notice you were away for a few days after your man crahsed and burned in the debate.:rofl:

countrygun
10-06-2012, 13:53
Oh, no! Flintlicker posted a DU talking point that says Romney lied. That does it for me. I'm voting for Obama. Four years of him just isnt' enough. I need eight.

Oh no, Romney suggested something other than a Big Government solution to make everybody's lives just perfect. No I can't stand for that.

I want the Federal Government to step in and take over health care and run it as efficiently as they have Social Security, the war on drugs, and the war on terror. The only way we can count on that kind of effectiveness and efficiency is by trusting the Federal Government.

aircarver
10-06-2012, 13:53
Flinty has the proverbial 'chance of a snowball in hell' of deflecting this crowd. .... :supergrin:

Flintlocker
10-06-2012, 13:56
Hint: under "Romney’s plan to repeal Obamacare" health insurance laws would be just liek they are now, which means if states want to ban preexisting condition exclusions, they would have to do so at the state level. Do I say "so what" or point out that that is exactly what Romney supporters want/expect to happen?

Romney said: "I do have a plan that deals with people with pre-existing conditions. That's part of my health care plan." He said that to appeal to undecideds, who are generally low information people, and they're gonna think, "great, Romney has pre-existing conditions covered." But it's a lie. His plan is to let the states decide. That's no plan, it's a cloud of BS that he hopes will fool people just long enough to get himself elected. It's just like his lie about lowering income taxes by 20% isn't going to crater the national debt. It's pure hokum.

countrygun
10-06-2012, 13:57
I can't wait until all health care is run by the Feds on the TSA model.

aircarver
10-06-2012, 13:58
The FUD is all yours, now ...... :supergrin:

Flintlocker
10-06-2012, 14:00
Flinty has the proverbial 'chance of a snowball in hell' of deflecting this crowd. .... :supergrin:

Yes, I do realize that getting you extremist ideologues to rationally confront even this obvious lie from Romney has a snowballs chance at success. Most of you are too far gone. But I do find it amusing.

Bren
10-06-2012, 14:08
Romney said: "I do have a plan that deals with people with pre-existing conditions. That's part of my health care plan." He said that to appeal to undecideds, who are generally low information people, and they're gonna think, "great, Romney has pre-existing conditions covered." But it's a lie. His plan is to let the states decide. That's no plan, it's a cloud of BS that he hopes will fool people just long enough to get himself elected. It's just like his lie about lowering income taxes by 20% isn't going to crater the national debt. It's pure hokum.

So, in short: YOU say that Romney never said pre-existing conditions would be covered, but that he should have expected people to assume that.:rofl::rofl:

Good one. You guys really caught him.:rofl:

Another standard Flintlocker thread - ranting that a guy lied, just before admitting he didn't.

Flintlocker
10-06-2012, 14:13
So, in short: YOU say that Romney never said pre-existing conditions would be covered, but that he should have expected people to assume that.:rofl::rofl:

Good one. You guys really caught him.:rofl:

Another standard Flintlocker thread - ranting that a guy lied, just before admitting he didn't.

It's a lie because its intent is to deceive.

Snowman92D
10-06-2012, 14:19
I want the Federal Government to step in and take over health care and run it as efficiently as they have Social Security, the war on drugs, and the war on terror. The only way we can count on that kind of effectiveness and efficiency is by trusting the Federal Government.

Yes...yes. :crying: And we need a President who will be more "flexible" after the election.

countrygun
10-06-2012, 14:20

Kind of like saying,

"If I don't get it fixed in three years then it's a one-term proposition"

???

:rofl:

DOC44
10-06-2012, 14:24

obama lies about any and everything that fits his needs.

Doc44

Flintlocker
10-06-2012, 14:33
Kind of like saying,

"If I don't get it fixed in three years then it's a one-term proposition"

???

No, not like that at all, but explaining the difference probably wouldn't help you.

countrygun
10-06-2012, 14:35
No, not like that at all, but explaining the difference probably wouldn't help you.

I doubt you could explain anything in a way that would help anybody.

Fed Five Oh
10-06-2012, 14:42
Well Heavens to Bettsy's, look who showed back up with her little talking points.

Did you have a nervous breakdown after the debate Wednesday night?

kirgi08
10-06-2012, 14:44
Fishing season is runnin late this year.'08.

IvanVic
10-06-2012, 14:47

Letting states decide is the right choice.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

LASTRESORT20
10-06-2012, 14:51
More emotional Leftist :rollingeyes:(newest talking Points)

lemming horse Sh!%@ta.... :yawn:

JimBianchi
10-06-2012, 14:56
Flintlock is my favorite leftist author.

Just like reading good Fantasy. All you need is the suspension of disbelief to really enjoy it.

LASTRESORT20
10-06-2012, 15:04

Just like reading good Fantasy. All you need is the suspension of disbelief to really enjoy it.

Ya.... he is one of my Favorites also... When the dust settles... he will be fine.:supergrin:

Flintlocker
10-06-2012, 15:26
Letting states decide is the right choice.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

It may very well be but Romney didn't say that. He said his health care plan covers pre-existing conditions in attempt to deceive people. And it looks like he's succeeded.

Flintlocker
10-06-2012, 15:26
More emotional Leftist :rollingeyes:(newest talking Points)

lemming horse Sh!%@ta.... :yawn:

More facts that dishonest clowns ignore...

Flintlocker
10-06-2012, 15:27

So, did Romney tell the truth or did he lie? Try answering the question.

jakebrake
10-06-2012, 15:58

did you put out a missing reward poster for obozo's balls after that brilliant debate performance?

you and chris matthews stop crying yet?

amazon
10-06-2012, 16:04
oh nooos! Romney respects the States and doesn't think it's a Monarchy !! He's evil!!!

GAFinch
10-06-2012, 17:13
Your guy flat out lied about the $5 trillion tax cut and did again after Romney explained why it was a lie. Your guy flat out lied about taxes being raised on the middle class, which is based on a bogus study that the authors themselves later publicly refuted.

Bruce H
10-06-2012, 17:38
The only prexhisting condition is the op's expance for stiring up comments.

happyguy
10-06-2012, 18:08
Oh look...another Flintlicker thread.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

DOC44
10-06-2012, 19:04
Did obama lie about Stevens being killed..... how about Hellary... and our UN rep.... did they lie.... AGAIN?

Doc44

countrygun
10-06-2012, 19:08
Did obama lie about Stevens being killed..... how about Hellary... and our UN rep.... did they lie.... AGAIN?

Doc44

They are not "lying" they are just saying things that aren't true.

:whistling:

LASTRESORT20
10-06-2012, 19:16

Regards,

On a slow night ya gotta feed `em once in awhile....:)

http://votingfemale.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/obamas-rat-bastard-trolls.jpg

Peace Officer
10-06-2012, 21:04
Hey Flintlocker: Are you a Muslim?

countrygun
10-06-2012, 21:26
Hey Flintlocker: Are you a Muslim?

Ah, C'mon you know the Koran says that a Muslim amy lie to an infidel if it serves the cause of Allah. Are you goint to belive an answer?

Paul7
10-06-2012, 22:18
Yes, I do realize that getting you extremist ideologues to rationally confront even this obvious lie from Romney has a snowballs chance at success. Most of you are too far gone. But I do find it amusing.

Hey Flintlocker, did you ever find that tax credit for companies moving overseas Obama talked about?

G22Dude
10-06-2012, 22:25
Was it Flintlockers intent to convince anyone to defect from the Romney camp or was it just to gripe about Romney

marchboom
10-06-2012, 23:07
Well, if Flintlicker posted it, it must be true and, therefore, I see no reason not to vote for obama. Even though he didn't challenge this issue at the debate.

obama had to wait till the next day when Romney wasn't present to say that Romney lied. Doesn't have the courage to say it to Romney's face.

Another adjective to add to obama's collection...COWARD.

Big Mad Dawg
10-07-2012, 00:56
The obama showed up at the debate without a brain now the only liberal defense for the left is to distort the facts. Think of how dismal life must be for featherlocker waking up to find dear leader is just one more dim witted leftist tool.

series1811
10-07-2012, 06:59

I try and imagine Flintlicker or one of the other DUers as car salesman.

"If you don't buy this car, you are an effing moron. You are just too ignorant to realize you should buy this car. How stupid would you have to be to decide not to buy this car?

I drive a car just like this one. Why? Because, I am so much smarter than you. If you don't buy one just like it, you're an idiot.

What do you mean you're not buying the car? It's because you're ignorant, right? That' what I thought in the first place."

:shocked:

jdavionic
10-07-2012, 07:22
Wow...cold front has come through here with no rain. Highs in the 60s!

aircarver
10-07-2012, 07:45
Wow.

Flintlicker sure has made 'friends' and influenced people ... :shocked:

...But I'm sure he'll continue to get paid anyway ... :rofl:

Cavalry Doc
10-07-2012, 07:52

Regards,

She's in full meltdown because most of us enjoyed Barry's debate performance greatly.

Clint has been fully vindicated. He got it right.

http://www.politicalnewsnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/clint-eastwood-republican-national-convention-2012-e1346456142904.jpg

FFR Spyder GT
10-07-2012, 08:04
Flintlocker,

You're wasting your time.

Most of the GTPI crowd will continue to drink the Kool-Aide no matter how many times you try to tell them what's really in it.

When Murdock rings his little bell and says "Come and get it, Boys!" they will be pushing and shoving to get to the vats first.

But I do get a kick out of watching them being conned so easily.

Spyder

P.S. Did I mention that most of them are +40yo SWMs that still live with their Mom and have a "Command Post" in their Mom's basement?

aircarver
10-07-2012, 08:07
Flintlocker,

Most of the GTPI crowd will continue to drink the Kool-Aide no matter how many times you try to tell them what's really in it.

When Murdock rings his little bell and says "Come and get it, Boys!" they will be pushing and shoving to get to the vats first.

Spyder

P.S. Did I mention that most of them are +40yo SWMs that still live with their Mom and have a "Command Post" in their Mom's basement?

We have a pretty good handle on who's being 'conned' ....

Paul7
10-07-2012, 08:08
Flintlocker,

Spyder

Do you even own a gun?

Why don't you tell us why we should vote for Barry? Other than a homosexual in favor of his pro-gay agenda, I don't know why anyone would.

:popcorn:

marchboom
10-07-2012, 08:25
You can always identify a liberal. When confronted with the facts they resort to name calling.

Their boy obama just couldn't stand up to the facts from Romney. And he didn't have the courage to stand up to Romney during the debate. But he called him a liar the next day. That's the soonest he could say what his handlers (soros, etc) wanted him to say.

QNman
10-07-2012, 08:26

After a 90-minute debate, with Obama stuttering and muttering his way through, having his arse handed to him for the entire period... THIS is the best you've got? A "presumed deception"?

Please tell me you have something more substantive. Please tell me you have something that doesn't require a predisposition to want to hate Romney in order to find a small victory for your guy. Please tell me this isn't the only point you're hanging your hat on to feel better about the beatdown Obama received.

Big Mad Dawg
10-07-2012, 08:49
The obama supporters are in a frenzy after discovering that their messiah is just a puppet

domin8ss
10-07-2012, 09:06
Hold on, I got something new that not even the media is touching.

In the debate Obama said Medicare covers autism. Do your research. It doesn't. My wife, who has her RN and CPN (Certified Pediatric Nurse), jumped on that one immediately.

And, anybody who disputes Romney's claim about how reducing taxes will increase tax revenue obviously had no understanding of Economics 101. So, let me break it down in a nutshell. Reduced taxes increase spending, which also bring in tax revenue. Reduced taxes also reduce burdens on employers, thus creating jobs, which in turn adds tax revenue. If you want to know more look into The Booming 1920s. They started that decade in a recession under a progressive president. New president comes in and reduces taxes. Unemployment goes down, tax revenue goes up, country is more educated than at any other time in its history (including today). That president loses election to new progressive. Country goes back into a ****hole with another recession, aka The Great Depression.

mikesull415
10-07-2012, 09:27
Come on guys give Obama a break. He couldn't help that he couldn't get his thoughts straight.....the air's way too thin up there.

JFrame
10-07-2012, 09:33
Flintlocker,

Most of the GTPI crowd will continue to drink the Kool-Aide no matter

Please note your comment about last Wednesday's debate, and the general consensus on this thread as to who won:

I guess y'all watched a different debate than the rest of the world watched.

Given that all of your opinions seem to originate from the Bizarro universe, I'm sure you'll understand why we don't take anything you say seriously.

wrenrj1
10-07-2012, 10:01
FYI, by my count 35-states have high risk insurance pools. I prefer the federal government not duplicate programs already in existence...

JFrame
10-07-2012, 10:04
FYI, by my count 35-states have high risk insurance pools. I prefer the federal government not duplicate programs already in existence...

Unfortunately, Obama is not just trying to duplicate it. He's trying to replace it.

Syclone538
10-07-2012, 10:21
Should I be able to buy homeowners insurance while my house is on fire?

domin8ss
10-07-2012, 14:34
Should your home owners insurance be able to drop you while your home is burning to the ground?

Don't get me wrong. I'm pro-Romney, and I hate Obamacare. But, I do recognize that there are some good points to it too. If Obamacare gets repealed, I hope tort reform will be enacted. Lawsuits are a major reason why healthcare costs go up. People need to understand there is an inherent risk to everything we do. That includes seeing the doctor. It's statistical fact. However, I think doctors should be civilly liable for gross negligence such as cutting off a right leg when it was the left that should have been removed.

Also, it's not the childs fault it was born with a genetic defect such as autism or MS. Nor is it the parents fault. Healthcare should be more accessible to them than a smoker or alcoholic. Smoking and alcoholism are a choice. Life insurance doesn't cover suicide.

So, why not have a bunch of separate simple laws passed to cover the good points about Obamacare, such as not being dropped for preexisting conditions and no maximum lifetime cap for medical coverage?

jdavionic
10-07-2012, 15:52
:rofl::rofl:
That dang empty chair from that "bumbling, sad old Clint" just keeps coming up and biting Obama in the ass
http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/political-cartoons-2012-presidential-election

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width_scaled/hash/15/60/1349543839_3587_2.jpg

Syclone538
10-07-2012, 22:38
Should your home owners insurance be able to drop you while your home is burning to the ground?

You know this made me think a little bit. Being libertarian almost to the point of being anarchist, I knew the answer was yes but... and couldn't figure out but what.

The answer is not gov regulation. It (almost?) never is.

The answer is, they should be able to if that's what it says in the contract you have with them.

FFR Spyder GT
10-07-2012, 23:06
. I'm pro-Romney, and I hate Obamacare.

?

You do realize that Romney is the father of ObamaCare, right?

FFR Spyder GT
10-07-2012, 23:10
Do you even own a gun?

Yes, that's why I cannot vote for Romney. I want to keep my guns.

Why don't you tell us why we should vote for Barry? Other than a homosexual in favor of his pro-gay agenda, I don't know why anyone would.

In that case most of the GTPI section regulars will vote for Obama .

:popcorn:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

countrygun
10-07-2012, 23:14

You do realize that was at the STATE level and he has consistently said that it wasn't intended for the Country, and he has further consistently said, (as he did in the debate where he put Obama to shame) that STATES should work out their health care needs.

It's part of that whole "less Federal government" thing that you hate so much.

series1811
10-08-2012, 06:42
Flintlocker,

Spyder

They just can't help themselves. There is only one reason for not being liberal: being too stupid to be liberal. :supergrin:

fortyofforty
10-08-2012, 07:11
Ah, you Natsos sure do love your government Death Panels. They were perfected in the 1930s in Germany, so Natsos have some experience in this field. I think you Natsos can probably find the plans for the gas chambers and crematoria somewhere, in the interest of efficiency. Hell, building them would count as "shovel ready jobs" and if you generated electricity, they'd be counted as "green jobs". It's a win-win!

fortyofforty
10-08-2012, 07:14

Should you be able to call an insurance company and get a policy after your house burns down? Should you be able to call them up while standing at the curb watching your house burn down? Those are more appropriate comparisons.

domin8ss
10-08-2012, 07:20

You do realize that this is false, right? Obamacare is actually Hillarycare from the Clinton Administration.

domin8ss
10-08-2012, 07:22
Should you be able to call an insurance company and get a policy after your house burns down? Should you be able to call them up while standing at the curb watching your house burn down? Those are more appropriate comparisons.

They are all important questions.

Cavalry Doc
10-08-2012, 08:33
Flintlocker,

Spyder

So you are in melt down too. I'm sure that fantasy of your's, that we are like you in our living arrangements, comforts you.

One of us is going to be very sad on November 7, and I hope it's you.

kirgi08
10-08-2012, 08:52
:whistling: :animlol:

Cavalry Doc
10-08-2012, 13:57
Uh Oh......

http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/205/2012/10/05/119916_600.jpg

http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/81/2012/10/04/119876_600.jpg

http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/124/2012/10/06/119966_600.jpg

http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/205/2012/10/04/119859_600.jpg

http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/47/2012/10/04/119835_600.jpg

Cavalry Doc