"use of an electronic device with the intent to annoy" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : "use of an electronic device with the intent to annoy"

Eric
10-06-2012, 14:00
What in the hell does that mean???

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/...with-students/ (http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/10/04/former-teachers-aide-arrested-for-inappropriate-contact-with-students/)

Man, I could fill a prison with the number of people who have done that to me here, over the years.:supergrin: Eric

CAcop
10-06-2012, 14:04
Its the old annoying phonecalls statute updated for this century.

It was written "electronic communication device" for a while.

aircarver
10-06-2012, 14:04
Playing rap music ? .....:supergrin:

omega48038
10-06-2012, 14:32
Google v2k or voice to skull. Be prepared to be entertained lol.

ray9898
10-06-2012, 14:49
As above...states are updating the laws to cover the new forms of communication. A telephone is no longer the only means of harassment.

JoeCitizen
10-06-2012, 15:22
What about when a cop shines a light in your eyes. I find that REAL annoying. And they are indeed doing it on purpose with the intent to annoy and take you mentally off balance as a way to jump start the control process.

Rick C
10-06-2012, 15:22
What in the hell does that mean???

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/...with-students/ (http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/10/04/former-teachers-aide-arrested-for-inappropriate-contact-with-students/)

Man, I could fill a prison with the number of people who have done that to me here, over the years.:supergrin: Eric

Glad I got off with a warning.:whistling:

Good thing "use of an electronic device with the intent to annoy" is only a misdemeanor and not prison worthy.:supergrin:

robin303
10-06-2012, 15:33
What about when a cop shines a light in your eyes. I fing that REAL annoying. And they are indeed doing it on purpose with the intent to annoy and take you mentally off balance as a way to jump start the control process.

:headscratch: Hmm does that happen a lot Joe. :dunno::supergrin:

Bruce M
10-06-2012, 15:53
:headscratch: Hmm does that happen a lot Joe. :dunno::supergrin::rofl::rofl:

larry_minn
10-06-2012, 16:21
What about when a cop shines a light in your eyes. I find that REAL annoying. And they are indeed doing it on purpose with the intent to annoy and take you mentally off balance as a way to jump start the control process.

Situation? After you get pulled over on (suspected) DUI a light in face/away is useful.
I agree when driving to be blinded bothers me. I was on interstate and as a squad passed me he hit the "alley" light. Blinded me. Still ticks me off.

MrKandiyohi
10-06-2012, 16:48
So, he kept calling kids when they didn't want him to?

Mrs. VR
10-06-2012, 17:29
I wonder if you can sue for intent to annoy. I'd be FABULOUSLY WEALTHY!!!

on a serious note, I'm an adult advisor for a youth group, and I was just talking to someone last weekend about the absolute necessity to NEVER EVER put yourself in a position that can look even the tiniest bit inappropriate. Can't overemphasize that enough when you are working with kids.

Angry Fist
10-06-2012, 17:39
Google v2k or voice to skull. Be prepared to be entertained lol.
I need to figure out how to build a Brown Noise machine.... :supergrin:

BossGodfrey
10-06-2012, 17:40

They wear a badge so they can do what they want, remember because of 911 and all !

Sporaticus
10-06-2012, 17:54

Blood......... turnip..........

G29Reload
10-06-2012, 18:29

on a serious note, I'm an adult advisor for a youth group, and I was just talking to someone last weekend about the absolute necessity to NEVER EVER put yourself in a position that can look even the tiniest bit inappropriate. Can't overemphasize that enough when you are working with kids.

You can probably be charged with felony assault just goin near em with a peanut butter sandwich. I was raised on the ole Skippy, but nowadays the little precious will be grabbing their chest with a seizure or something, they're all allergic.

What happens when they're all sheltered indoors playing video games and going to air conditioned malls and having freakazoid parents sterilizing everything they come in contact with. Now they don't have any resistance, no wonder.

And to think our first family car didn't even HAVE seatbelts. How in hell did I ever survive?

mfm9
10-07-2012, 05:09
This would qualify:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/b278/?pfm=Search&t=the%20thinkgeek%20annoy-a-tron%202.0

-Mike

prism
10-07-2012, 05:53
"misdemeanor charges of child annoyance"

is there a law about children annoying adults? :supergrin:

RonS
10-07-2012, 07:40
Electronic device and annoy are pretty broad terms.

WarCry
10-07-2012, 09:00

Sorry, yo're an internet forum mod. You signed up for the annoyance. :wavey:

Mushinto
10-07-2012, 09:05
What in the hell does that mean???...

Two things to consider:

1. This is in California.

2. The intent to annoy refers to a reasonable person; so many members of GT would not qualify as a victim.

Danny Reid
10-07-2012, 11:08
You can probably be charged with felony assault just goin near em with a peanut butter sandwich. I was raised on the ole Skippy, but nowadays the little precious will be grabbing their chest with a seizure or something, they're all allergic.

What happens when they're all sheltered indoors playing video games and going to air conditioned malls and having freakazoid parents sterilizing everything they come in contact with. Now they don't have any resistance, no wonder.

And to think our first family car didn't even HAVE seatbelts. How in hell did I ever survive?

Yeah...and Mom and Dad actually smoked in the car...with us kids in the backseat...on long distance trips! Ohhhh nooooo!